Michael Mallory Photography

Richmond, VA

Photography the way you want it!

2925 Broadford Terrace, Richmond, VA

Paid in full, but product never provided

Reviewed on 2/17/2015

Michael was a nice guy and his prices were reasonable. I was content with the quality of the photographs taken during the wedding (although my wife was not), but we were married over 15 months ago and we still have not received our wedding album or a partial refund. It was only after threatening legal action that we even received an apology. Prior to that, our emails either went unanswered or we received excuses. It doesn't help that he complained to us about others not paying in full when we paid over a year ago. Absolutely not worth the trouble - despite what appears to be a good price.

Very Professional

Reviewed on 8/05/2014

Michael Mallory was an excellent photographer for our wedding. He arrived on time, was professionally dressed, and remained throughout the wedding performing well all of the duties expected of him. He blended into the background yet kept himself in position to take excellent photos. When necessary, he interacted professionally and appropriately with all of our guests. Within two weeks of the wedding, he delivered a CD with over a thousand pictures appropriately edited and enhanced as requested. We considered many photographers and compared prices. MIchael Mallory provided excellent services with great value.

Find Someone Else

Reviewed on 12/21/2012 Christine H

Just months away from out wedding, we discovered our already booked photographer was a scam. We were screwed out of our deposit money and had no photographer. Michael Mallory was one of the first we located that had our date available with such short notice. While his prices were "reasonable" his service isn't. We received over 800 images, however, they are NOT edited. So they are really crappy looking. Dim and horrible lighting, blurred images and just nothing you want. We didn't realize that he doesn't edit his images, like other 'professional' photographers do. This was a HUGE let down, especially after paying nearly a grand for him. The next issue was our photo album we purchased. We picked out the images, and approved the layout. It took several more months to get the book, only to discover it was printed COMPLETELY wrong. The wrong pictures the wrong layout. Michael said he would resend the correct layout and get us a new book, no biggie! Well, that was a year ago, and we still haven't received the correct book. We were EXTREMELEY patient and kind during this time, and kept accepting his excuses of "I've been so busy!". Well finally, I wasn't ok with it and told him I wanted a refund. He offerred to give me a 50% refund on the book and "reminded" me that the contract states no refunds for any reason. Ok, well, you haven't provided me with the product I paid for! Needless to say, we took the half refund and kept the wrong album, just to be done with it. Our wedding was 2 yrs ago. I would high recommend going with someone else.

You can find someone better in Richmond

Reviewed on 9/16/2012 Jayme W

I was new to richmond and he seemed to have a fair priced wedding package, which included a photo book. His photo quality is alright, nothing special.. You get what you pay for. Well the reason I am posting is because the only other reviews I can find are the ones he's posted on his website. We got married last fall, the photo disk came fairly quick, and he was efficient at the wedding (not helpful in providing suggestions on backgrounds or poses tho. So if you are looking for that beware ) however the photo book preview was not available until JULY! After several emails only half he returned, after sending approval for him to print and send it... I still have not gotten any response nor my photo book. Bottom line.... He doesn't follow through. Update 11/26/2012... Still have not recieved our photo book, emailed him several times and he said it would be sent but each time we never recieved anything. He also complained about personal setbacks as an excuse... Then perhaps you should not offer a service you are unable to provide. As for his response to my original review, the disc I have is not any extra retouching other than what is included however my mother did ask for one retouched photo, which I do not believe justifies him saying he should have charged an additional 200 dollars. I contacted the BBB to file a complaint ans he says that I will receive the book. I have very little faith in that. So if you purchase a package don't plan on him completing it anytime soon since clearly he is a year behind. I also lowered my customer service rating because he boldly lies to you in emails (all of which I have saved).

The Best

Reviewed on 4/04/2012 TJ C

Me and my wife used Michael as the photographer at our wedding. I can not say enough good things about him. He is under priced for the service he provides. Awesome and easy to work with. He took more pictures than I could imagine, and didn't realize he was taking the photos that he did. We did not want to "Pose" all day and his style of photography fit us perfectly. I would highly recommend him to anyone and everyone getting married!!!

Just the man I needed!

Reviewed on 6/25/2011 Sarah B

I went into this blind, all I had to go on was his website and I was wowed beyond belief. His packages are very fairly priced and I love his style. You wont notice he is in the room with you until you get the pictures and all of our pictures were good (all 500+). I'm suggesting him to my friends who are getting married soon and I hope you'll give him a shot too. He does not disappoint!

TO Michael Mallory Photography