Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Planning

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Blair T

I worked with Tracey over a year and a half period leading up to our wedding. Our wedding day turned out exactly as I had envisioned it and I know that I could not have done it without Tracey's help! It is easy to get overwhelmed with everything that goes into wedding planning... Read More but she was there every step of the way keeping me on track and answering any question I had. Our wedding day went off without a hitch thanks to Tracey coordinating vendors and making sure we didn't have to worry about a thing. I can't thank her enough for all the time and energy she spent to pull off our special day and make everything absolutely perfect!

Review of Occasion By Design

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Steven S

We worked with Tracey Fricke of Occasion By Design and had an absolutely fantastic experience!!! She managed my mother and I seamlessly throughout the entire process, provided insightful advice on all aspects of the wedding, and handled everything on the day of to provide the... Read More most magical day of my life. Literally flawless. I would strongly recommend Tracey to any future brides out there. You'd be lucky to have her!

Amazing Experience

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 emily b

As a bride I was very over whelmed with the thought of planning a large wedding. With the help of Tracey we were able to have the wedding our dreams! The things I loved most about her is she knew exactly what venders to use (with keeping our budget in mind) where to go to get... Read More ideas and was a very attentive listener when it came to planning exactly what i wanted... cake, flowers ect.. I can not thank Tracey enough for all the long, hard hours she spent planning our wedding. She made it the best day of our lives!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

Tracey Fricke was definitely my wedding savior! She was on top of EVERYTHING. So organized. She was also very supportive of my vision and gave me the confidence to speak up when vendors tried to steer me in another direction. My wedding was everything I could have ever... Read More imagined and more--and I thank Tracey for her patience and consistent support along the way.

Mother of the Bride

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

Where to begin? My daughter just had her wedding earlier this October and it was everything she--and I--had hoped for. It was a beautiful, fun and, most importantly to me, stress- free occasion. I give all of the credit to our fabulous wedding planner, Tracey Fricke. She was... Read More organized and focused the entire time. So many things impressed me about her, beginning with her grasp of the importance of our budget in which she had a two hour discussion with both my daughter and me. Once we knew those details, the question of how to keep on track was eliminated. This, of course, led to so much less stress between my daughter and me. Her continual meetings throughout the year, with updated timelines for what we should be doing, were life savers as far as getting things accomplished. She was always upbeat while being extremely professional. She was also a master at keeping us on track without ever making us feel any undue pressure. The week of the wedding was mapped out for not only us but our entire wedding party, which made for a fun and meaningful time with friends and family--the goal of any successful wedding! The day of the wedding was exciting and memorable as Tracey took on all the responsiblities for that day. The wedding, simply, was perfect and we both can't thank Tracey enough. Sure, it's possible to plan and execute your wedding on your own, but why when someone like Tracey is available to do that for you? I can't thank her enough for everything she did. Take my advice and make sure Tracey is your first order of business. Trish Billotte

SpecialOccasion By Design

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

Tracey made our son's wedding planning effortless. She was very pleasant to work with and very professional. From the first meeting to the final hug goodbye at the end of the reception it was a pleasure to work with her. I have recommended her to friends and when our daughter... Read More gets married I will use her services again.

Reviewed on 10/25/2015

Tracey made my daughter (2010) and son's (2015) wedding so much less stressful. We have recommended her to many of our friends who have also partnered with her. Leading up to the wedding she keeps you on track and the day of the event she is a lifesaver. As a parent, you are... Read More able to enjoy the day without worrying about the small details, Tracey handles everything perfectly.

Wonderful Experience!

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Kristen B

We had such a wonderful experience working with Tracey as our wedding planner. She kept us exceptionally organized right down to every detail in order to create the wedding we've always envisioned! She took much of the stress out of wedding planning because we knew we could rely... Read More on her to keep us on track. We really couldn't have done it without her help! I highly recommend Tracey to anyone planning their wedding!

Top Class Wedding Planner

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Kim B

I can't say enough about how awesome Tracey is. When my daughter first told me she was getting a wedding planner, I thought she was crazy b/c she had a sister, 2 aunts, and myself that could very easily plan a wedding for her. She did not want me to do anything but enjoy myself.... Read More Tracey is extremely organized, always had an agenda whenever we had to meet with a vendor, and took control of the meetings. She completely understood the type of wedding my daughter wanted and made it her dream come true wedding!!!!! She was there every step of the way from planning the wedding, rehearsal, set up on the wedding day, and even told us when it was our time to walk down the aisle. Afterwards, she was available if we needed anything. I would definitely recommend Tracey to anyone that is looking for a wedding planner!!!!!

Best in the Business!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Taylor Jane C

Tracey is, without a doubt, the best investment we made for our wedding day. She is so put together and was on top of every detail of our wedding. I hold her in my absolute highest regards, and I feel blessed to have had her as a part of our wedding crew. She was such an asset... Read More to have because she has relationships with so many other wedding vendors in our area. She made the day absolutely perfect, and everything ran smoothly solely because of her. Our engagement period was a rough couple of months, as far as our personal lives go, and Tracey was a calming force through everything that was going on. I will recommend her to every couple I come in contact with because I truly believe she is the best in the business. Tracey is the queen of weddings (and really, all events), and she is a great pleasure to work with. I am very thankful that all Tracey did for us to make our wedding perfect.

Reviewed on 10/19/2015

We have worked with Tracey Fricke on many events, including weddings / receptions, and have been impressed with her level of professionalism and attention to detail. Clark International Guard Force is a provider of security services, and have found Special Occasion by Design to... Read More be a full service event planner. Making sure special events are spectacular is her specialty, but Ms. Fricke also gives thought to the safety and security of events right down to details such as making sure her clients' homes are protected while they enjoy their event. Whether you are planning a wedding, or a corporate event - this firm is top notch.

2015-10-23T08:30:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you Guard Force! I am truly grateful I get to collaborate on events with such an amazing company. I can easily rely on your services to ensure safety and security at the highest level!

Best Gift I Gave Myself... and the Bride

Reviewed on 10/19/2015

Tracey Fricke from Occasion Designed (formerly Special Occasion by Design) is the consummate professional! Hiring Tracey to plan and execute the details of the ceremony and reception was the best gift I could have given myself and my bride daughter, because it allowed me to... Read More enjoy the wedding (as well as the weeks and months leading up to it) without having to stress over the details. It allowed me to be present in the moment, instead of worried about whether or not everything would be in place as it should be. We have received countless compliments about how beautiful and perfect our daughter's wedding was, and we owe that to Tracey. I contacted Tracey on the recommendation of a friend, whose daughter had one of the most beautiful receptions I had ever seen. Tracey is organized, inspired, experienced, and has a "can do" attitude. From our first meeting, I knew Tracey would have everything under control, and I had nothing to worry about besides enjoying the day with our daughter and new son-in-law. My highest recommendations for any mother of the bride... do this for yourself!

Reviewed on 8/04/2015 Wendy B

Absolutely worth the investment to ensure that your event/wedding goes without a snag. Special Occasion by Design and Tracey's visionary ability to take your thoughts, pictures and personality to tie the event into an individualized experience is truly and art that can only be... Read More defined by talent. Her ability to guide her customer through the details, willingness to be honest and hold true to your initial vision (as well as your budget) truly sets her above the bar. And during the day of event - her details and timelines, as well as her hard work to ensure the event is flawless are seen throughout the evening. It is nothing but spectacular. Well worth the investment!

Absolutely Amazing Super Planner

Reviewed on 11/29/2014

I've never seen such organization, energy, wedding knowledge and patience in one woman. Vendors loved her, guests loved her, and most of all the bride and groom and we loved her. I give the highest recommendations for Tracey on all aspects leading up to and including the... Read More most wonderful, stress-free day.

Best Wedding Planner Ever

Reviewed on 11/02/2014 Suzanne W

If you're looking for a five-star wedding planner, Tracy Fricke is the one. In our initial meeting with her, she assured us she had great vendor contacts, experience, creativity and outstanding organizational skills. This was extremely important to us as the bride and groom... Read More lived overseas but the wedding was in Omaha. She did not let us down one bit. Tracey was familiar with both church and reception locations, which we were not. Her input was invaluable. The rehearsal dinner with 94 people was flawless. The invitations, programs, menus, etc was point on. Most importantly, on the wedding day, her coordination with the florist, caterers, and Durham staff totally took the wedding day stress and time away from us so we could enjoy the day with the couple and our 250 guests. To sum it all up, I remember this wedding far more than our first daughter's wedding because we did not have to check all the details for months and especially the big day. I can't express my gratitude and praise to Tracey for the invaluable service she provided for the couple and for us. It was priceless. I recommend her wholeheartedly to anyone looking for a wedding planner.

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Jessica W

We worked with Tracey to plan for our August 2014 wedding. She was patient, kind, loving and really took care of all of the details so that we could focus most on our special day. The day of the wedding, nothing went wrong, and if it did - I didn't know about it. She is superb... Read More at what she does and I would highly recommend her!

Wonderful Service!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Bri F

I used Tracey at Special Occasion by Design for my wedding. She was very organized and helpful with making all my decisions. She is very knowledgable about weddings and the planning the process. I only used her services for the rehearsal dinner and wedding day, but she made both... Read More events stress free! She helped put out all the decorations and details at the wedding venue and was the extra set of hands in coordinating all the different vendors and making sure they knew their drop off times etc. She made a very detailed timeline that helped everything run smoothly. She is wonderful to work with! I would highly recommend her services!

Tracey made our wedding day perfect!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Katie M

Tracey is an amazing wedding planner! At our first meeting she took time to get to know us personally to understand who we are as a couple. She listens well and met our every need. She had great pictures to show us, examples, contacts for wedding vendors etc. Her suggestions... Read More were amazing and she helped us create the wedding we wanted. I am not one who likes a lot of choices (it overwhelms me) and Tracey knew that. She provided me with a select few ideas that was much more manageable for me to decide what I wanted (for colors, invitations, flowers, food, venues etc). From the start she was very clear on what our budget was and she made every effort to help us stay within our limit. Her organization was phenomenal. She set up multiple Google drive documents to help us stay on schedule. We had a 4 month engagement and I work 70-80 hours a week so to have her keep us on track was extremely helpful! She was excellent! We wanted a classy wedding and she delivered it incredibly well. My wedding day was STRESS FREE and I did not have to worry about anything. You won't be able to find her level of expertise, commitment and dedication anywhere else. We interviewed a couple of planners and we knew Tracey was the best fit for us. A friend in our wedding saw how stress-free our planning process was and how magnificent our day turned out that when he got engaged, they called Tracey right away! You will NEVER regret having Tracey be a part of your day.

Omaha Wedding --- planned from Singapore!

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Cassidy S

Currently living in Singapore and planning our wedding in Omaha, we needed some help. Being a first-generation bride to use a wedding planner, I had no idea what to expect. WOW did we hit the lottery enlisting Tracey to help plan our big day! I could go on for days, but in short... Read More Tracey is exceedingly professional, patient, organized, warm and reliable – she delivers an overwhelming sense of calm and confidence, communication and care, that everything will turn out just as you imagine (and more). She has been in the business long enough to know when to lean in and when to lean out – she can plan your event 110%, or just provide a top-up of professionalism and organization to guide you (and your family) to your desired outcome. I am forever indebted to Tracey for helping to make our special day so perfect :)

Special Occasion By Design

Reviewed on 10/27/2014

Tracey Fricke's business Special Occasion By Design was a referral I received from the venue we had selected for our Daughter's wedding. I am extremely thrilled that I found/hired Tracey. The day would not have been as wonderful as it was without the help I received from... Read More Tracey. I had done a majority of the planning before I knew about Tracey but she was instrumental in bringing everything together on our very hectic wedding day. She meet with us and our vendors numerous times leading up to the event. She had wonderful suggestions on the flow of that special day. She set up timelines for us so that we always knew what and where everyone was to be. She worked with the vendors on my specific needs and also handled payments so I would not have to worry about that and could spend the entire day with my daughter as she prepared for her wedding. She orchestrated the rehearsal and was there the day of the wedding to ensure all the vendors set up according to the maps that Tracey also developed. She was critical to the set up and I was stress free because I knew that Tracey was in charge. Tracey is a professional and a very nice person I might add and she was worth every nickel I paid for her help and advice. Our daughter's wedding day was perfect thanks to Tracey.

Father of the bride

Reviewed on 10/27/2014

Tracey did a terrific job for us. She knows what things cost, keeps everyone informed & on task. She was able to keep communication open & positive between all family members of the bride & groom...(No misunderstandings or hurt feelings anywhere)that was really big for me.... Read More And although I was always complaining about how much everything cost...I can honestly say Tracey was worth the money!

Wonderful Experience!

Reviewed on 10/27/2014

Tracey was a game changer for us! Planning a wedding from Singapore (where we currently reside) that took place in Omaha, NE clearly presented certain challenges. There's no way we could have created such a beautiful day without Tracey at the helm. We are forever grateful!

Adaptable Options and SPECIAL touches!

Reviewed on 10/25/2014 Shirley S

I only have one daughter so she and I had dreamed of some ideas and plans of our own....yet we needed part time help with our wedding. Tracey was so willing to be adaptable in allowing us to decide what we wanted to do and what her role would be. She also had price options to... Read More match the amount of time and effort we were expecting from her. I remember when we first talked to her how comfortable and organized she appeared. One of her comments to us was..."I want to make sure that you thoroughly enjoy your wedding experience and I'm here to take the worries out of that day!!!" Wow...was that ever a relief and it was so true. After the wedding, I realized we had truly enjoyed every moment without experiencing any frustrations. In looking at the wedding video, I could see where she was obviously making sure everything went as planned...and even more!!! It turned out to be absolutely a "special occasion." Mother of the Bride P.S. Stacey was also very easy to work and has a great personality.

Excellence in Omaha!

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Sarah K

Tracey Fricke joined our wedding planning about mid-way through the process as we thought we could manage the process ourselves. This was our second daughter to marry and we were familiar with planning a wedding. When my job became hectic, we reached out to Tracey. My only... Read More regret is that we didn't bring her on at the very beginning! The wedding exceeded our expectations and I was able to enjoy the entire day with my daughter!

Happy Bride

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Rashelle S

Tracey was very helpful and guided my mom and I through the huge project of planning a wedding. She gave us our to-do lists without making us feel stressed. It was very important that she guided us but let this wedding still be exactly what my husband and I wanted. I would... Read More recommend her to anyone!