Rent-A-Rev./Rev Jim Rehnberg

Christian, Interfaith, Jewish

Ceremony, Wedding

Chicago, IL Serving All of Chicagoland (630) 232-2211

Reviewed on 1/19/2017 Allison C

We had Rev. Jim officiate our wedding on 12/17 at Hotel Arista in Naperville. From the first meeting, Rev. Jim was wonderful to work with. He really took the time to get to know us as both individuals and as a couple. The ceremony he put together was perfect. it was so... Read More personal, funny, and heart-warming. All of our family and guests couldn't stop talking about how great Rev. Jim was Over a month later and people are still talking about Rev. Jim and the ceremony! He truly made it memorable. I highly recommend Rev. Jim to anyone getting married. Not convinced? Think about it, the one thing that is an absolute necessity for a wedding is an officiant to marry you. You don't necessarily need the flowers, fancy dinner, music, or all the extras, but you do need an officiant! Therefore, it is the most important part of the wedding. Hire the best. Hire Rev. Jim!!!

Reviewed on 12/17/2016 Courtney B

Reverend Rehnberg is absolutely amazing. He takes such time and care to really get to know the couple. Every single part of our ceremony was personalized and perfectly represented my husband and I. I cannot recommend him enough. He will make your day better than you could ever... Read More imagine!

Reviewed on 11/12/2016 Colleen G

He just performed my best friend's wedding and I was blown away!!! He was so kind, knowledge, fun to work with and most of all hilarious!! I can really tell that he took the time to get to know the bride and groom in order to make sure that they were comfortable and he truly... Read More personalized their service making it extremely rememberable!! I highly recommend!!!!!!

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Kimberly S

Our wedding would have never had been so wonderful without Rev Jim! From the moment we met Rev Jim, we knew we wanted him as our officiant. He had knowledge of both our religious backgrounds (Hindu & Catholic) and offered ideas of how to integrate both faiths into our ceremony.... Read More Rev Jim spent time getting to know us as a couple and as individuals. This made for a very personalized ceremony that our family and guests loved. Words cannot express how wonderful of a job Rev Jim did for us. This is truly his vocation and not just a job to him. My husband and I highly, strongly recommend Rev Jim!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 jennifer p

Wow, the best ever, for sure!! Jim was truly amazing from the moment of first contact to the day of our wedding ceremony. His process for getting to know you is easy and efficient. He's positive, upbeat and has a great sense of humor. Jim seems to have an innate ability to... Read More listen intensely and communicate beautifully; the words he chose and HOW he personalized the ceremony to fit us was just perfect! He definitely played an integral role in making our ceremony intimate and special. Everyone commented on how wonderful he was. We are so pleased and grateful to have found Jim!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Maria S

I admit, I was skeptical when my future husband wanted to meet with "Rent-A-Rev" I had no idea what I expected but Reverend Jim far exceeded all of my previous thoughts for what I saw for the ceremony of our wedding. He is a true professional who really cares about his clients/... Read More couples. Every one of our guests thought he was equally as wonderful- and funny! He is a kind and extremely calm but runs his business flawlessly. Reverend Jim guided our choices based on his experience and helped us put together a customized ceremony that encompassed both my husband and my spiritual beliefs and comforts. I have nothing but praise for working with him!

Officiant

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 LORI A

Love Reverend Jim!! Met with us for 2 hours about 9 months before Wedding, kept in touch over phone several times after. He remembered every thing talked about, got to know us, individually and as a couple and it was evident of this, during the Ceremony.. Family and friends... Read More loved him as well.

Reviewed on 8/21/2015 Shaena H

The second we met Rev. Jim, we knew we wanted him to officiate our wedding. During our meeting, he was sincerely interested in us not only as a couple, but as individuals, too. Then, he incorporated our story and personal characteristics in to the wedding with love and humor.... Read More For a warm, personalized, and fun ceremony, go with Rev Jim.

Reviewed on 8/18/2015 Carleen C

Jim recently officiated our wedding in Chicago and it was a phenomenal ceremony, for both my wife and I and our guests! We received multiple compliments about the ceremony and Jim's officiating. At certain points, there was not a dry eye in the crowd! Even my Father asked how... Read More long we had known Jim because it seemed as if he had known us forever. He simply did a fantastic job and we are extremely happy to have met him and have him part of our big day!

Reviewed on 7/01/2015 Jenna N

Jim was so great! He made us laugh, made me cry :), and had a great message. The planning process was seamless! Our guests were raving about Jim the whole night about how funny he was and just how perfect the ceremony went!!

Professional Service

Reviewed on 1/03/2015 Jessica A

Rev Jim was recommended to me by a friend who had been to two weddings that he officiated. She said that he described the couples so well in the ceremonies that it seemed as though he had known them for a very long time. Only a couple calls and one meeting were necessary before... Read More the ceremony. Rev Jim asked us questions about ourselves and family, taking copious notes throughout. He was very easy to talk to and never judgmental. He has a flip book of photos that show all the different styles of clothing that you can choose for him to wear at the ceremony. A lot of the guests mentioned that the ceremony was one of the best they've attended. Rev Jim conducted a great ceremony, sharing a very nicely worded background story of us and generally keeping everyone in high spirits. He is an outstanding professional and very easy to work with. He even ran me through my vows ten minutes before when I was getting nervous.

Why you should HIRE Rent-a-Rev as soon as possible!

Reviewed on 11/19/2014 Elizabeth B

I cannot rave enough about Jim! He is a wonderful man, and literally MADE our ceremony. My husband and I were raised Catholic, but really do not practice anymore and so we decided not to get married in a church. We were really looking for someone that could do something... Read More personal, and talk about our story, and sprinkle it with just enough religion that we felt like it was "official". We met Jim and knew that he was "the one"! He was the only officiant that we met with that offered us some marriage and relationship advice (which we totally appreciated). He also does not have "different packages" for different costs. Jim gives you ONLY his best, and did I mention that his cost was less than all of the others?! Our ceremony was FILED with personal details about how Michael and I met, how we got engaged, and all of our guests told me it was by far the best ceremony they had ever been to! He is a true artist, since he really painted our ceremony as a beautiful memory that we will never forget. To me, we found much more than an officiant for our wedding, but we found someone that we would like to continue having a relationship mentor, throughout the years. I would recommend Jim to everyone.

This man will make you and your guests laugh and smile

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Carly Y

We found Jim under recommendation from the Morton Arboretum's preferred vendors list. We wanted an officiant that was a very good orator, that could speak in a way that really represented us as a unique couple in the world, all while remaining mostly non-religious. We... Read More talked to two or three officiants for our ceremony. After talking with Jim over the phone, and then meeting with him in person, we immediately felt comfortable with him. We felt that by hiring him, our entire ceremony would be in expert hands. We worked with Jim to put together our own unique ceremony (no cell phones or cameras, wine box ceremony, our own reading, blessing, etc.), and Jim was more than helpful and accommodating with the process. Jim was present, prompt, and professional at our event. Everything at the event went very smoothly under his direction, and we wouldn't have wanted our ceremony to have been officiated by anyone else. After the event, Jim processed our marriage license papers in very short order. Book Jim as your officiant if you want the sweetest, most eloquent speaker for your ceremony, or if you want a customized, no-hassle experience.

It's all in the details

Reviewed on 10/05/2014 Lindsay G

We hired Rev. Rehnberg for his easy, conversational style, which was a big hit. We were, however, really disappointed with his planning. Rev. Rehnberg booked another couple a few hours after our ceremony, and assured us there would be no conflict as long as we didn't move... Read More forward our start time. But a few hours before the ceremony, he called us insisting that time would not allow him to park in the parking garage a block away. He wanted us to find someone to watch his car while he parked illegally just outside the venue. Despite all this worry about reaching his second engagement, he was 15 minutes late. He also skipped to the end of the ceremony without vows and an exchange of rings. While our guests found this adorable, we suspect he was preoccupied because he'd overbooked himself. We felt his initial process was very thorough, but that while our guest may not have noticed, we felt it was a bit of a rush job.

Great Experience

Reviewed on 10/04/2014 Meen

Reverend Rehnberg definitely made it an experience for us. Professional, reliable, puts everyone at ease. Highly recommend! Very good at what he does!

Fantastic!! Joyful!!

Reviewed on 10/03/2014 Dana O

Jim Rehnberg aka Rent a Rev did such an amazing job at our wedding our guests are still talking about it! Personal warm humerous touching moving , he made it feel like he knew us all our lives and infused the ceremony with enthusiasm for life and for us and our marriage. You... Read More will not be disappointed!!

Best Day Ever

Reviewed on 9/29/2014 Jennifer D

Reverend Jim was recomended to us by our DJ. We found the best way to get quality vendors was to ask people who are in the business of weddings. We met with Jim almost a year before our actual wedding. We met at a neutral location and just simply talked for a couple of hours. In... Read More that time Rev Jim picked up on several things about the both of us. He took very good notes. We only talked to him one more time about two weeks before the wedding. He walked us through the ceremony over the phone. He had an assitant of his come to our rehersal to make sure everything would go as planned only because he had a prior commitment. Jim showed up for our wedding fully prepared and made it the most special day for both of us. He incorporated things about us that only friends or family would know and made it seem like he had known us forever. We got many comments from people after the ceremony about how well he incorporated our family, pets, work, cars, and other aspects of our lives into a wonderful ceremony. He listened to every detail of what we wanted and added his own flare that made it a joy to listen to. He was funny and kept it light just as we hoped for. Jim is not the cheapest Officaint out there, but I will tell anyone that you will get your money's worth no matter how much he charges. He made our day so memorable, we are so glad we had him there. If you want the best in the business than Jim is your guy.

Incredible ceremony

Reviewed on 9/24/2014

I looked up Jim after putting off having one of my friends ordained prior to our wedding. I was nervous about having someone marry us with the proper skills to entertain an audience. Jim met with us for one hour on a Sunday prior to the wedding and asked a lot of important... Read More questions. He could not make the rehearsal so he sent an employee to fill in the spot. This person is important to organize all of the bridal party. Beth did a much better job than a friend would have done. We finished our rehearsal in about30 minutes and it was painless. The next day our ceremony went great. All of our friends asked how we both knew a reverend that knew so much about us as our family friends knew we do not attend church regularly. Reverend Jim gets to know you personally in a short amount of time and turns it into a very personal ceremony. We were both thrilled with our ceremony that Jim put together after a very short interview and acted like a long time family friend.

Top Notch Officiant

Reviewed on 9/23/2014 Gayle B

My husband and I found Rev Jim through an advertisement in a bridal magazine and the name of his company, "Rent-A-Rev" immediately caught our attention. We set up an initial meeting with him and knew right away that he would be the perfect officiant for our wedding. He spent... Read More the majority of the meeting getting to know my husband and I, learning about our families, careers, interests and talking about how we envisioned our wedding ceremony. He is experienced, organized and took a lot of notes to capture all of the details of our conversation. Closer to the date of the wedding we met again to iron out the details and timing of the wedding ceremony. I was impressed that he remembered the fine points that we had discussed months earlier. My husband and I both come from divorced / blended families and he helped us navigate through some tricky family dynamics as it related to the ceremony with ease. He was also very helpful in guiding us through the format of the ceremony and we incorporated a couple of readings and a unity cup ritual that he suggested, which made our ceremony personal and unique. Rev Jim led our wedding rehearsal and was skilled at corralling a very large wedding party, commanding everyone's attention and making sure everyone knew the drill before the big day. He married us on July 19, 2014 and the ceremony was perfect! Rev Jim made it very special, high energy and memorable. I highly recommend Rev Jim…you will not be disappointed!

Jim Rehnberg is AMAZING!

Reviewed on 9/21/2014 Caitlin C

Jim made sure to get to know us individually and as a couple. The ceremony was very personal and catered exactly to what we wanted. He made sure the ceremony was serious, but also happy and light-hearted. Jim made sure that my wedding ceremony was perfect!

wedding ceremony on 7/12/14

Reviewed on 9/20/2014

We were referred to Rev Jim from a friend who also used him for her wedding. He came to the house and spent a few hours with us getting to know us and asked questions about how we met, our backgrounds, jobs, families, kids, etc. When it was time for the ceremony it all went off... Read More perfectly. Our family and guests thought he was a personal friend of ours since he knew so much about us. He brought some humor, spiritual, and caring thoughts into the ceremony. It was beautifully done and would highly recommend him again. The price was fair and worth every penny. He was amazing and worth more than five stars!!!!! LOVED him.

Best officiant ever!

Reviewed on 9/19/2014 Briana C

Jim is awesome!! He took the time To get to know my husband and I before the wedding. He was genuinely interested in us as a couple and how we wanted our ceremony. I had people raving about him after the wedding and saying how great and funny he was. They were all impressed. It... Read More was the perfect addition to our special day!!

Everyone loved him!

Reviewed on 9/17/2014

I am not a fan of being the center of attention, so I was most nervous about the ceremony. However, Rev. Rehnberg lead the ceremony in such a way that it was the perfect mix of light/fun and deep/romantic, and I truly only focused on his words and my groom. The part I was most... Read More nervous about turned out to be my favorite part of the day! I was kept at ease the entire time (initial phone conversation, meetings, rehearsal, and, most importantly, the ceremony). He added the perfect personal touches to his words that made the ceremony specific to us but also general enough that everyone could relate. I received many compliments on the ceremony, and it was obvious everyone loved him! Thank you, Rev. Rehnberg, for making my wedding ceremony so beautiful and memorable!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 9/15/2014

We were fortunate to have Reverand Jim, the "Rent-A-Rev", as our wedding officiant. Initially, we we looking for a judge or wedding officiant that could "get the job done" at a lower cost but we quickly came to realize that you indeed get what you (are willing to) pay for. While... Read More other officiants were more than capable of marrying us, Reverend Jim met with us for over an hour at a local hotel a few months prior to our wedding. He asked us questions and took the time to know us, our families, and how we met. Once we decided to enlist his services, he was easy to reach and responsive. He also checked in a week before the wedding to make sure everything was on track for the ceremony. On our wedding day, Reverend Jim was incredible with family and friends. He tailored the ceremony to us and made us feel at ease. He's a great public speaker and had our guests laughing and crying. It's obvious that Reverend Jim is passionate about his work as he comes across as a genuine, compassionate individual. We are happy to say he was a part of our wedding and will fondly remember his contribution.

Best Officiant Ever!!

Reviewed on 9/15/2014 Linda I

If I could give Rev Jim Rehnberg 10 stars, I would. Without a doubt, this was the very best choice we could have made for our officiant. People who attended our wedding at The Herrington Inn in Geneva, IL continue to rave about him. Every person asked if he was our current... Read More pastor and how long he had known us in order to be able to deliver the wonderful ceremony that he did. The truth of the matter is that after spending a few hours with us on a sunny afternoon and getting to know our likes and dislikes, habits and feelings, and our wants and desires for our life together, Rev Jim put together a meaningful and touching ceremony that had us all both laughing and teary eyed from start to finish. He was truly outstanding. Please do not hesitate to work with "The Rent-A-Rev". It will be an experience worth every penny.