Shannon Skloss Photography

Serving DFW & Destination

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Film Photography, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Serving DFW & Destination (214) 755-0522

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Alexandria M

After my now-husband and I got engaged we relocated to Texas, which meant planning our wedding in a new town without a clue which vendors to contact. I found Shannon’s information on D Weddings and scheduled a meeting. Shannon’s work speaks for itself... her images are stunning,... Read More her eye is impeccable, and her passion for what she does is evident. She has a gift for capturing a moment in a beautiful, candid, and honest way. After meeting Shannon I was confident I found the right person and cancelled the other meetings we had scheduled. Her personality is so warm and laid back; she made me feel very at ease. Shannon was the first wedding vendor we booked. She shot our engagement photos and suggested many unique location ideas that fit our style. Shannon was instrumental with helping me find my team of vendors. Her excellent recommendations helped me form the “dream team” including my florist, makeup artist, and hairstylist. Working with Shannon was hands down the best decision we made when planning our wedding... she was a godsend. The day of our wedding Shannon was amazing. She made sure we focused on enjoying ourselves and didn’t spend time away from our guests posing for photos. During our honeymoon we received our preview, which was a fabulous surprise. We were able to relive our special day all over again. Every time I look at our photos I smile from ear to ear. I highly recommend Shannon for any and all your photography needs.

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Christy M

Shannon was awesome.!Not only did she take great pictures, but she helped my bridesmaids into their complicated dresses, kept the wedding schedule running on time, and basically read my mind any time I started getting stressed and knew how to diffuse the situation. When taking... Read More pictures with the bridal party before the ceremony, guests started arriving way too early and watching us take pictures and I started getting really upset - she saw I was upset, got the pictures we needed super quick, and had my bridesmaids and mom flock around me and block me from the crowd and escorted us back inside. All of this on top of taking beautiful pictures! Thanks Shannon!

Reviewed on 4/20/2016 Cassi H

I was just looking through our amazing engagement photos from November and I am still so happy we had Shannon do them for us! I had a little more specific vision since we wanted photos that represent our Dallas life, where we live, but will also be doing a session in MNwhere we... Read More are from and where the wedding will be, with our wedding photographer. She did an amazing job of making my general idea of something that represents our Dallas life a reality and made it so easy on us, advising us on times, dates and do's and don'ts so all we had to do was show up and smile. Great experience. Thank you Shannon!

Reviewed on 4/08/2016 Amy B

Shannon did both our engagement pictures and wedding day photography in Fort Worth, TX. She was one of the BEST vendors I had. First off, our pictures are AMAZING! Shannon never made our pictures to "posed" and really captured my husband and I's personalities. Our candid... Read More moments that Shannon was able to catch are some of our favorite pictures that we will cherish forever. When your wedding day is hectic and crazy, Shannon is cool, calm and collected (and also funny as hell). She is so organized and totally respected that we did not want to do a "first look". She made it work! Our wedding party and family loved her and her assistant because pictures went so smoothly after the ceremony and they could get to partying at our reception! This woman has such a passion for getting the perfect moments on film and it shows in her work. Her pricing and packages are straight forward and no nonsense, she never tried to sneak in any fees, extras, or add-ons like other photographers we looked at. I would 100% recommend Shannon Skloss Potography to anyone looking to have their love captured with the most BEAUTIFUL photography!

Reviewed on 12/21/2015 Adalynn C

Shannon has done my Christmas card photos, my engagement photos, and now my wedding photos. She is ultra professional but so laid back. She gets excited while taking photos of her clients and it helps you relax and feel more comfortable which ultimately gives you better photos.... Read More She is so organized and will go through your timeline step by step taking great detail in any special moments you KNOW you want her to capture. Her staff is just as great, adjusting your gown, moving hair out of your face, or simply holding your drink to capture a photo. I couldn't imagine using anyone else. You really get what you pay for. She works hard for you and gives you sole attention even when she has multiple things happening around her. She is focused and lighthearted and simply a joy to work with.

Shannon is the BEST!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Brittany K

I did my engagement photos and wedding day photography through Shannon. Best decision I made throughout the wedding process! I absolutely loved our photos. And not only is she outstanding at her craft, but she is truly a professional. She will make sure to capture each detail... Read More and moment. She's the best in the business!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Adrienne P

SO many great things to say about Shannon! She shot my bridal portraits here in Dallas, and from beginning to end, I was SUPER impressed. Her upbeat personality and enthusiasm to shoot, made me feel comfortable immediately. She knew exactly how to pose me, tell me where to look,... Read More and how to laugh/smile to make the MOST gorgeous shots! Her eye for an amazing photo is spot on. She is a definite 5star photographer!! I'm a huge fan!

Reviewed on 9/07/2015 Lexi S

Hire Shannon now - she is outstanding! We hired her for our engagement photos, bridal portraits and destination wedding photography (rehearsal brunch and wedding day). I simply cannot express the ease of working with her and her team and the extreme quality of work they produce.... Read More She is not only a photographer, but helps you craft your day to go off without a hitch. This was by far the best money we spent on our wedding!!!

Reviewed on 7/20/2015 Lindsey M

Absolutely LOVED working with Shannon! She always responded in a timely manner, and had our wedding preview to us 3 days after the big day... such a nice surprise to get on our honeymoon! My bridal portraits were amazing! She has a passion for what she does, and it shows in her... Read More work and her attitude. I would book Shannon again in a second! LOVE HER!!!!

My Wedding Photographer

Reviewed on 6/29/2015 Alyssa W

Shannon went above and beyond for me, in particular, because my wedding was the weekend right before her own wedding out in Jamaica and she still managed to make me feel like my wedding was the only one in the world. She captured our vision and my specifications with the... Read More lighting that I had requested to create the most beautiful images and we can't wait to see more. I would definitely recommend Shannon. She's one of my best kept secrets I tell my bride clients. She has great direction which makes bridal portraits quick and easy!

Reviewed on 6/23/2015 Lauren M

Shannon was incredible to work with. She met with me pretty much whenever I wanted, and always seemed happy to be there. She was a delight to talk with, so down to earth and refreshing in the wedding business. I remember once I met with her, and had just had a very rough day of... Read More wedding details, and she just said "Do you need to vent?", and the next hour was spent just complaining and gabbing like girls do. Half the time, I swear she became my therapist, not my photographer. Day of, she was the most calm presence there. My wedding was held during a tornado watch and the worst flood in 100 years, and she came in like a breath of fresh air, totally ready for whatever we had planned, with a positive attitude and a can-do business attitude. Her photos are breathtaking, and she didn't miss a single shot. When there were sticky family situations, she made sure that I was comfortable first before she took the picture that others were asking for. She honestly was the best vendor I hired, and I wish I could get married again just to have her to hang with.

Reviewed on 5/01/2015 Laura W

Scott and I love Shannon! She's not only an incredible photographer, but she is truly a friend. From the moment we first sat down with her, we knew she was different than the rest. My husband and I work in the wedding business, so we know a lot of what makes a successful and... Read More beautiful event. Shannon went above and beyond to pick special locations for our engagement shoot and make us feel comfortable during the process. And she's very reasonably priced for what you get! One of the big selling points for us was getting a preview of our photos within one week (she did this for our engagement shoot and the wedding itself). It was so fun coming back from our honeymoon to a preview of stunning wedding pictures. I would highly recommend Shannon to anyone!

Wonderful...

Reviewed on 3/19/2015

I hired Shannon for our destination wedding in Cancun. Shannon and her assistant Courtney seemed more like pals than someone we hired and we loved it! I felt so comfortable with her and of course the photos came out looking gorgeous!! I got so many compliments on our photos!!

Shannon rocks!

Reviewed on 12/12/2014 Erica Najjar N

I was referred to Shannon Skloss Photography through a friend of mine that also used her for her wedding. I could not have been more pleased with my wedding photos. They captured the night perfectly! Shannon was great to work with and always responsive. She's a great... Read More combination of personality and professionalism and truly cares about her work. Thank you to Shannon & Courtney for allowing us to relive our wedding night through the beautiful pictures you took.

Huge fan! Elegant, stunning and vibrant!

Reviewed on 11/17/2014 Kathryn D

Shannon Skloss Photography was referred to me by a good friend for my bridal shoot before the big day. I, like most brides, was on a tight budget and luckily she offers a few different price packages. I had such a great time working with her. She helped pick the right venue,... Read More lighting, poses, etc. She introduced me to the right make-up/hair people and I felt beautiful. When I got the proofs back, I was beyond thrilled! I am kicking myself that I didn't book her in advance to do my wedding photos. Unfortunately, my wedding photos don't even compare to the quality of Shannon's work. Shannon is highly professional, knowledgeable, personable, creative and fun! I highly recommend her work.

Preferred Photographer

Reviewed on 11/15/2014 Yvonne H

Shannon Skloss was recommended to me by a friend, and when I came across her website, I instantly fell in love with her work! My fiancé and I knew right away we wanted to hire her for our engagement photos. I had a vision of exactly what I wanted and Shannon made it come to... Read More life. We received an overwhelming amount of compliments on our photos and were so impressed with her, that we are also using her services for our destination wedding in Mexico! I highly recommend Shannon for anyone in the DFW area (and beyond) that is new to using photography services and/or may be uncertain as to who to hire. Shannon is your girl!

Fantastic photographer!!

Reviewed on 5/06/2014 Anne E

Planning a wedding can be stressful enough, researching a photographer shouldn't be a worrisome detail!! Shannon Skloss Photography was immensely helpful in making a non-photogenic bride look and feel fabulous. Shannon delivered as promised and we couldn't be more thrilled with... Read More the photos! She met with us weeks ahead of time and asked us our thoughts about our big day. I did not want the typical posed photos for our wedding or reception and Shannon delivered. She is such a positive person and this resonates in her beautiful photography.

LOVE SHANNON!!

Reviewed on 2/23/2014

I hired Shannon to do my boudoir shoot, and I could not be happier with the outcome. I was a little nervous about the whole thing, but she made me feel so comfortable, and even helped me pick outfits weeks in advance to help me prepare. She would send me links of outfits she... Read More thought would photograph well, and just gave me cute ideas since I had no idea what I was doing. On the day of the shoot, she brought champagne, and we talked about different ideas that we had. I honestly felt much more comfortable and relaxed than expected. Shannon's enthusiasm during the shoot really gets you excited and makes the whole experience so much fun!! We shot for 3 hours and although it was exhausting, I had the most fun I had ever had and she made me feel so beautiful and sexy! It was a very empowering experience, and I highly recommend her as a photographer. She's super cool and fun and has an amazing final product. When my boudoir book came in the mail, my boyfriend was SHOCKED!! It was a surprise for him, and Shannon really came through and didn't miss a detail. I definitely plan on using her for all of my photog needs!!

Mother of the bride

Reviewed on 2/07/2014 Donna B

We had Shannon Skloss & her assistant for our photographers at my daughter's wedding. Absolutely, the best of the best - should be 10 stars. They were good at what they did, but they also had wonderful personalities and they were part of the wedding party - not just a vendor.... Read More Would recommend them to others and will use them again if I have the chance. Good job!

Wonderful Pictures, Great Photographer To Work With

Reviewed on 2/03/2014 Alexandra F

Shannon Skloss + Team was great to work with, and we absolutely loved the quality and moments captured for my engagement pictures. Wished we used her for my wedding.

Gorgeous photography

Reviewed on 2/03/2014 Angie C

Shannon's photos are beautiful!They all turned out absolutely gorgeous. She did a great job of capturing the day - from getting ready, to the posed group shots, to the ceremony and reception. Shannon is also friendly and easy to work with, which is the kind of person you want... Read More around on your big day!

Engagement

Reviewed on 1/30/2014 shannon i

Shannon was amazing to work with, and even put my camera-shy man at ease. She's easy going and has such a great eye (even when you are wondering how is this shot going to work, you look at the photos and are like- that's what she was trying to do. Awesome!) People loved our... Read More photos so much that they have gotten their photos done as well and have been just as pleased. She is professional, personable, and just a down right good person. I have also gotten my maternity, wedding, and newborn photos done with her as well.

Shannon Skloss Photography is my GO TO every year!

Reviewed on 1/30/2014 Sarah V

Shannon has been photographing my husband and I for the past few years on our anniversaries. She is always up to travel anywhere we want to go, is great about bouncing ideas around, and her photographs are amazing. Up close, far away, she takes the time to blend in the... Read More surroundings to make each shoot unique. Every important event in or lives, Shannon will be the ONLY one I call to help me capture it.

Definitely Above Average!

Reviewed on 1/30/2014 Kim K

Sometimes they say that your work speaks for itself. I came across Shannon after seeing her work on a friend's facebook page and automatically knew she would be a good fit for us. Shannon shot our engagement pictures and provided a phenomenal service. She was very helpful in... Read More suggesting locations, gave some insight on waredrobe, and did not make us feel rushed or pressured in any way. One of the best aspects of Shannon's service was that she took the time to understand who we are as a couple and what was important to us. This helped her creatively suggest locations and poses that truly captured our spirit and personality and told our story, rather than trying to take a "cookie cutter" approach to photography. After our shoot, she gave us our proofs in a very timely manner and did a phenomenal job with editing. I will continue using Shannon's services for family portraits over the years, and would highly reccomend her to new couples starting their lives together.

Fabulous photog!

Reviewed on 10/24/2012 Kristen W

I'm not sure how you could find a better photographer. On such an important day, you need someone with a warm personality so that the smiles are real. I love her, my guests loved her. She has passion for the job, and her enthusiasm kept me going when I needed a pick-me-up! On... Read More top of that, t-a-l-e-n-t!