Sun & Sparrow Photography and Film

Los Angeles, Orange County, Santa Barbara, and Palm Springs

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Palos Verdes, CA Los Angeles, Orange County, Santa Barbara, and Palm Springs (310) 938-3012

Reviewed on 1/13/2017 Aubrey F

What could I possibly add to all the other glowing reviews of Tiffani and Ellie? They are so talented, professional, and insanely cool! When planning our wedding, photography was at the top of my list of importance—other than a husband and some beautiful rings, the photos are... Read More basically the only thing you get to keep from your wedding. This is my way of admitting that yes, I was incredibly picky (some would say difficult) when hiring a wedding photographer. A quick comment on their style, since most of my review is on their personalities: Sun and Sparrow has a beautiful, ethereal quality to their photography. It is simultaneously soft and dramatic. They strike this balance elegantly. They treat photography as an art— they capture special moments between friends and family, and tender romantic moments between the couple so effortlessly. If you’re looking for the most stunning wedding photos, look no farther. Before we signed the contract, we wanted to meet our photographer in person. We met with Tiffani at a gastropub, and had an awesome night hanging out and trading stories. We felt like were old friends, and she made us feel so comfortable in our decision to hire her. When we did our engagement session, I was worried about the gloomy, overcast weather, but Sun and Sparrow turned dreary weather into a dream. Taking photos can be intimidating—Tiffani made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera, and gave us really great advice on how to let loose. (As an aside, if you’re on the fence about doing an engagement session, you definitely should. It really does prepare you for your wedding when you have a photographer around all day, lightbulbs going off, and other wedding-day chaos). On our wedding day, Tiffani and Ellie arrived just as my bridal party and I walked into the venue. They were dressed so elegantly, and looked like they were guests of our wedding (by the way, they’re so much fun I would have invited them anyway!). They brought a petty hanger for my dress, and knew exactly how to choreograph our getting-ready photos. Ellie even demonstrated remarkable patience for my groom and his best friends, who insisted on getting a photo of them in their matching MeUndies. To be honest, most of the day was a blur, but Tiffani and Ellie were such an incredible team to work with. At one point, one of them turned into my hair stylist, because dancing had caused my hairstyle to fall. We’re so thankful to have hired such an inspiring duo of sisters! We enthusiastically recommend Sun and Sparrow photography.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Tiffany M

To me the best and important part about planning our wedding was having the right photographers to memorialize each and every step and every part of this memorable event. We had been so fortunate to have chosen Sun and Sparrow as my photographers. After looking at several... Read More vendors and the quality and type of work that they produced we narrowed our choice to these awesome group of ladies. They were responsive to all our requests and they actually had the unique ability to predict ahead of time what we wanted them to do as they do not need a lot of explanation on what we envisioned the photographs to be. We were just in the same wave lengths as them or maybe because they were just talented and artistic plus very perceptive to our wishes. We have to be honest that planning a wedding is not easy especially because we chose not to have a wedding planner because we just wanted to make sure that we will have a first-hand say on each aspect of the wedding and wanted everything to be perfect. It helped to have the right people to help out with the details but to me the photographers were the most crucial part because if a person is to memorialize all the hard work, expense and details only the best photographers have the capability to do that. We highly recommend Sun and Sparrow photography. They did an amazing job!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Tiffany M

Tiffani & the S&S team are Amazing!! This was my first time getting professional photos taken and Tiffani made me feel so comfortable which led to some awesome shots! Also, their attention to detail and how much thought they put into your specific shoot is unreal! I can't... Read More wait to work with them again very soon! I highly recommend working with these amazing women!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Tiffany M

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Nikki M

If your having a hard time deciding on Sun and Sparrow as your vendor, just take a look at their website. Engagement photos are stunning! Wedding photos are amazing! To me photos are one of the most important things to spend money on. You want quality stuff! These photos will be... Read More shared to family and friends. Also, looked at in later years. I have friends who I've never scene their wedding photos because they were not pleased and they were the ones who advised to make sure to be picky about your photographer. I am so blessed that I was able to have them as my photographers. Anthony and I used them for engagement and wedding photos. My husband is shy and hates taking pictures. You would never tell by looking at our photos. I don't know if its just me but he looks like model! Tiffani energy and talk through while taking photos made us so comfortable and we were so present in the moment of love. She really captured that. I love looking at our photos (I mean, often) Not only did she capture us all lovey dovey but also the atmosphere. Every picture has such a romantic feel! Every time I look at them I get the amazing feelings all over again of such a special day.

2016-10-28T15:41:17 Response from the vendor

You are amazing! I'm so grateful for you!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Chloe D

After seeing Sun & Sparrows photography, I knew I had to have them capture my wedding! The photos were something I was nervous about because I'm not comfortable in front of a camera, Ellie was incredible in helping me feel confident! I am so thankful that they captured exactly... Read More the way I FELT on my wedding day. Highly recommend this wonderful team!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Michelle M

When we came across Sun & Sparrow in our online search for a wedding photographer, we knew we had to have them just for the way they see colors and lighting. It looked so natural and flattering from all angles. Seven months after our wedding, looking back on our photos and... Read More video, we still can't believe how lucky we got finding Sun & Sparrow. Tiffani and Ellie made us feel so comfortable when we were a camera shy couple. They joked and laughed and always put us at ease and feeling natural. We couldn't have found a better team to accompany us. In all the weddings I've attended or been a part of, I don't think I've ever seen a team work THIS hard to guarantee that we got every shot/pose we could dream of. Seriously. They are PROS. We love you guys, you're the best. 110% recommendation to anyone that wants the dreamiest wedding photos and videos of their lives... and to also get to know some of the nicest people in the business.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Kristen H

The sun and sparrow team is absolutely incredible! We could not have asked for more in a wedding photographer. From the very first phone call we knew we were in good hands. We planned a destination wedding, and they made everything so easy! Tifanni is so nice and sweet to work... Read More with. She made us feel comfortable while taking photos and made the day a lot less stressful knowing we were in good hands. The photos turned out amazing! The quality is great and she was able to capture all the special moments so beautifully. We also did videography with them, and we couldn't be happier with how it turned out! We are able to relive the day all over again and watch special moments that we will always remember. If you have room in your budget for videopgraphy, I would highly suggest you go with them! We loved having sun & sparrow photograph our wedding and are so happy with the results!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016

I was having a really hard time with vendors while planning our wedding. They all made me feel like I was a burden or I wasn't paying them enough money. It was really frustrating, and disheartening and it started to make me bummed on the whole experience. But when Sun & Sparrow... Read More came into my life that all started to change. They were really the first vendor to made me feel like my fiancee and I were important to them, not just a source of income. They spent a lot of time with us, not just helping to design our shoot, but to structure the flow of our wedding day itself. To top it off their photography is amazing. I never felt so handsome, and I really felt like the captured my fiancee and my essence really well, allowing her and I to be in the moments together in our photography without forcing moments on us. Tiffani made us feel loved, and important through every step of the process. I must say I was extremely shocked when I saw our photos for the first time because they seemed so ethereal and really were the definition of "a moment captured in time." Honestly, I would gladly work with sun and sparrow for future events, family shoots, etc. I have never felt so at ease in front of the camera, and Tiffani and Ellie really helped keep me calm, cool, collected and looking good on my wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Monica S

If you're looking to see your love story in a whole different light, then book Sun & Sparrow Photography and Film. By light, I mean the divine and dreamy natural light that only Tiffani and Ellie know how to capture. From styling your perfect shoot to arranging all the little... Read More details, the expert photographers on their team will really create the most beautiful pictures you have ever seen of yourself. Providing unlimited phone consultations, they also really take the time to get to know you, understand your vision, and learn more about your unique love story to bring it to life. They also know how to relax all subjects and create a fun and exciting environment. They are storytellers of the best photography kind! I highly recommend them for any photo session but they particularly excel at showcasing love in its most intimate moments and preserving the memories for years to come!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Carissa F

Ellie from Sun & Sparrow shot our engagement photos in March of 2015, and our wedding last February. I can definitely say that my (then fiance) and I had a blast at our engagement shoot, and felt comfortable as we were encouraged to be natural (meaning bouts of pure silly... Read More energy in between solemn romance) as we adventured on cliffsides and climbed trees and rocks and whatnot. Ellie used our surroundings to tell stories about who we are as a couple and accentuate our connection, not only for our engagement shoot but at our wedding as well. On our wedding day, Claudia joined her as a 2nd shooter and together they took care of all the details--from my dress and accessories, to drinks and gifts before the ceremony, to the setup of the venue, to our giant (and somewhat rowdy) wedding party. We didn't necessarily know what we wanted specifically, and I can definitely attest to indecision; so, my husband and I are especially grateful for Ellie's ideas and creative initiative per where we would take our wedding party & family photos, how to set up our first look, and other quandaries including the potential for rain. Ellie & Claudia humored us by taking the silliest of pictures per our request and therefore helped capture our personalities and the personality of the wedding itself (reassured that even the handful of ridiculous photos are still just as stunning in quality, with great compostion, lighting, and editing). Ellie really helped us figure out what we wanted and needed in our memories of the day, and together her and Claudia accomplished everything in a timely manner without making anybody feel too pushed or stressed out. They are wonderful people whose hard work and passion I'm very grateful for.

2016-10-26T00:01:29 Response from the vendor

We are so happy to have been a part of your day. You have been such a joy to work with. Thank you for being so amazing!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Adrian T

WOW! WOW! WOW! My words exactly, as I looked through all of our wedding and engagement images taken by Sun and Sparrow. Tiffani and team were simply amazing from beginning to end. From our first phone call to image delivery at the end, the entire experience was awesome. Tiffani... Read More made my wife and I feel so at ease through the process and it really shows in the images. On top of that, I am a professional photographer and I have a very critical eye. And all those "WOW's" were definitely genuine. Every image delivered was perfect. Thank you Sun and Sparrow for giving us the most amazing images of our big day!

2016-10-26T00:03:45 Response from the vendor

Aw! Thanks Adrian! I can't even tell you how appreciative we are. You're support and words of encouragement are so special. We always try to go above and beyond, but to hear such wonderful words makes it all worth it. :)

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Candace L

I don't even know where to begin with expressing how incredible and amazing Sun and Sparrow is! Their breathtaking photos speak for themselves, but the quality of service Tiffani & Ellie provide is incredible! From our styled engagement shoot to our wedding day, Tiffani was so... Read More enthusiastic and personal. She was so great with giving us direction and making us feel comfortable. Of course that resulted in the beautiful photos she captured! Your wedding day is so chaotic and Tiffani was so supportive throughout the entire day. She kept me calm and level-headed! Claudia was our second photographer for our wedding day and she was so sweet!! Ellie worked with us in creating our sign-in book as well as wedding album. She was so incredible to work with. She was so detailed, accommodating, and ensured that we loved the end product, which we absolutely did! (We highly recommend ordering a wedding album; we know ours will become an heirloom) A few weeks after the wedding, Sun and Sparrow sent us a little surprise: a beautifully packaged box with a few of our wedding photos printed out plus an USB with all our photos. How amazing are they?! I cannot say enough great things about Sun and Sparrow. I referred them to my cousin who absolutely love them as well! We still keep in touch with Tiffani and will definitely keep Sun and Sparrow in our thoughts for any future milestones <3

Reviewed on 10/14/2016

Stunning, Spectacular, breathtaking! Sun and Sparrow truly goes above and beyond what I could have ever wanted in a wedding photographer! Tiffani had the most incredible positive energy that truly made my (now) husband and I so comfortable. She also gave directions so well!... Read More Every photo she snapped of us truly captured our true love, romance and passion between my husband and I. Our wedding pictures truly look like a fairytale wedding. I cannot say enough how sweet, talented and amazing Tiffani is! Sun & Sparrow truly is magnificent! They honestly made our wedding memories last forever! Thank you Sun & Sparrow for capturing the happiest day of our lives!

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Melissa J

Let me start by saying I feel absolutely horrible that I haven't written a review for this wonderful team until now and our wedding was 2 years ago. Due to the fact that I planned my wedding in less than 7 months, when I contacted Sun and Sparrow they were completely booked up... Read More for that year but for some reason Tiffani gave it some thought and a little bit of prayer and chose to take us on. So with that being said, this is why I have to apologize to this wonderful team for taking so long in writing a review for them. I must say that Sun and Sparrow goes above and beyond their job on taking just amazing photos of your day. Weeks before the wedding, I met with Tiffani so she could get an understanding of who I was and my ideas of what I envisioned for our wedding. Being from out of state we did a lot of texting, emailing and phone conversations. Tiffani is so warm and inviting you'll feel like you've known her for years. On the day of the wedding Tiffani was practically my wedding coordinator for the day, (mind you she was around 7 months pregnant at the time) she did everything... (i don't even know where my actual coordinator was because I hardly saw her). Thank the Lord for Tiffani and Claudia or otherwise I think our day would've been a mess. We had a few things that didn't go as planned but Tiffani made sure that it got done in a different way. They made sure that the day went smoothly and that's exactly what they accomplished. When our photos were done and viewable...I couldn't have asked for more. They came out so beautifully, more than I could've imagine and I cherish them everyday. Our short film goes beyond words. It's such an awesome film and my heart smiles every time I view it. If you can fit the film in your budget please do so you will cherish it for a lifetime. Thank you Tiffani and Claudia for making our day look so beautiful. Beyond grateful.

Reviewed on 5/27/2016 Adriana B

The whole Sun & Sparrow team was just amazing! Tiffani and Ellie did both our engagement and wedding pictures and both experiences were great. Every time I look at our pictures they take me back to our day in November 2015. We were blessed to have found such an amazing team to... Read More capture our union.

2016-05-27T18:27:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your love and support. We loved working with you as well! You are the best.

Reviewed on 2/22/2016 Candy L

I found Sun and Sparrow via a random search for wedding photography on Yelp. The moment I clicked on their website, I knew there was something special about the them. It was probably the amazing lighting that they achieve in their photos. Then, I found them on Facebook and... Read More saw that their cover photo was of my girlfriends and her hubby. That pretty much sold me! Of course, being the kind of person I am, I did do my research and interviewed a few other photographers, but in the end, the value and quality for Sun and Sparrow sold me. Tiffani and Ellie treated us so well. They gave us a very beautiful, stylized engagement session, and the pictures turned out great! It was also good practice for the wedding. A week prior to our wedding, I worked with Tiffani to get our timeline in order and give her the list of "must have" photos. She gave me some great ideas and helped me move the timeline around to make everything fit. On the day of the wedding, they really really took care of me. They had my timeline and made sure I was on track so I didn't have to worry about it myself. They were so energetic, so sweet, so wonderful to work with. All the critical moments were captured, and the photos turned out great. I could not recommend a better team to work with. Thank you for making my day so special!

Reviewed on 2/04/2016 Christine B

I'm beyond happy with sun & sparrow. We could not have picked better photographers to do our engagement and wedding pictures. They made us feel extremely comfortable while taking our pictures. All the pictures turned out beyond our expectations. Not only did the pictures... Read More turn out great but Tiffani and Elli are very sweet and great to work with. They made the pictures on the wedding day run so smooth that I never stressed out about getting pictures done in time. They are very sweet and great to work with. I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 12/31/2015 Remy P

There are just so many wonderful things to be said of the Sun & Sparrow team! My husband and I are just so thrilled to have worked with them this year. Tiffani and Ellie photographed both our engagement and wedding photos. They came out perfect! These girls truly have special... Read More eyes in catching just the right moments. The photos have been a joy to look through. We get to relive the day in its entirety and that means so much to us. The guys on the video team are great too! I can't wait to see the footage they got. They were all over the place. I can just imagine all the great things they caught on film. We can't thank Sun & Sparrow enough for producing such amazing work and for being such a pleasure to work with through out this whole process. These are really good people and hard working. You can see they take much pride in what they do and care about making each couple happy with the results. We highly recommend Sun & Sparrow for your next event. You won't regret it! We look forward to working with them in the future! Thank you, thank you, you guys!! <3

Reviewed on 12/19/2015 Michele G

Winston and Aaron did such a fabulous job on our highlight video! We couldn’t have dreamed of a better highlight video to capture our day. Their editing of the video, ability to decipher which scenes to include, special effects, and overall artistry and talent were truly out of... Read More this world! We told Winston and Aaron what we were looking for in the beginning and they exceeded our expectations. Our friends and family members keep watching the video over and over and over again. It is truly magical and meaningful, and one of the best presents of our entire wedding. We will cherish it always. Winston and Aaron were also extremely professional, responsive, and such a pleasure to work with! We will be receiving the rest of the items in our video package soon and can’t wait. Trust us, hire Winston and Aaron---it will be the best decision of your wedding!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Sarah Beth S

The Knot is a confusing place to search for photographers. Each has an average of 5 stars, which makes me think the Knot is where satisfied customers come to give thanks. In order to gleam some value from these reviews, you must go beyond the stars and look at the depth of the... Read More expression. When you do this with Sun and Sparrow’s you will notice the intensity of the gratitude and devotion from their customers. Long, detailed reviews that explain exactly how Tiffani and Ellie have made their day even more special and beautiful than they imagined. Their contribution goes beyond gorgeous photos, they're kind and generous contributors to planning the day (and then, its aftermath) who act like friends. But yes, the photos are stunning-- so utterly beautiful that I would still have hired them if they were’t the giving and exceptionally kind people that they are. That’s how important good photos were to me. The fact that they are, in fact, wonderful people, is such a bonus! I stumbled upon S&S looking for venues. The way their website is organized made it a great resource. I realized when I saw other photographs taken in the same locations that I wasn't actually looking at amazing venues but amazing photography. If you are comparing photographers I highly recommend comparing photos taken at same venue. Every wedding on S&S' site looks lush and luxe no matter the location—like a million bucks. This went for brides and grooms too — everyone looks gorgeous, photogenic, at her/his very best, and still with their unique personality shining through. S&S capture everything idyllically — people, nature, architecture, clothing, and decor. They do not excel at one aspect of wedding photography, they excel at all of it. They do have a signature style that sets them apart that is specific to light and and utilization of nature. It was something I swooned over before I was officially their client and one of the elements I was most excited for. Magical, ethereal, crazy-romantic use of natural light for which I have dubbed them “Magical light faeries”. There is also a motif I call “Big Trees Little People” for which I completely melt, a large composition in which a tree seems enormous in the frame highlighted with effortless, stunning sunflare, and then the couple, small in frame but not overpowered, are impossibly romantic. Visit their site to see more recent work as example photos here can be hard to keep current. They are growing as artists always, each time they post a “blog” for a new wedding it’s my new favorite. As for being wonderful to work with, it’s hard to explain the level of service that they provide. Unexpectedly, I ended up sharing with them things that I would never imagine discussing with a vendor... personal stuff that I wouldn't think would be relevant to taking and ordering wedding photos. Perhaps you have experienced this already… weddings have a way of being more complicated and emotional than anticipated. You're dealing with the heaviest themes and issues— Love, family, finances, religion, societal expectations, how we show ourselves to the world and how we interpret our own image— some deep stuff is coming up, and suddenly the way that your “wedding photography” is handled becomes incredibly important. All I can say is that I couldn't have found two people more patient, caring, helpful, generous, understanding, talented, and effective. These women went above and beyond the call of duty and I couldn’t be more grateful.

Absolutely picturesque!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Vanessa Q

I had the chance to work with Tiffani through this journey and she was so helpful! She was not only my photographer but my advisor on various wedding planning. She really did help me relax and enjoy every moment. She knows what she is doing and loves it! It was great to see her... Read More get excited about photos she was capturing which then made me and my husband excited! I highly recommend this team! They know their stuff and love what they do! Thank you Sun & Sparrow!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Michael G

WOW! INCREDIBLE! UNBELIEVEABLE! GORGEOUS! All words that describe Sun and Sparrow and if you saw my photos you would see why. From the first time I saw their work on my girl friend's Facebook page, I knew they were going to photograph my wedding even though I wasn't even... Read More engaged at the time. Since my sister was getting married first I made sure she used them and her photos came out just as amazing as mine! When it was my turn less than a year later, I couldn't have been more excited. They ensured we were comfortable and happy in any and every pose we did. Everyone knows how awkward "posing" photos can be but not with them. I would highly recommend if you can make it work to have both Sister's photograph your big day. You will not regret it . They are both amazing and have the best personalities. Photography is definitely something you don't want to be cheap with on your wedding day since the day goes by so quickly you need more than one professional there to ensure you can look back and remember every detail about that day. With Sun and Sparrow you won't regret it, when we looked back at the photos we had the unique opportunity to actually relive the moment. Tiffani & Ellie, are the team you want on your side wouldn't have been the same without them!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

I love the Sun & Sparrow team! Tiffani, Ellie and the rest of the ladies are all so sweet and amazing and they are so talented! Tiffani puts me at ease when taking our photos because I tend to be awkward in front of the camera. Love them to the moon and back!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

Sun and Sparrow only produce great work! We love our wedding and maternity photos and look forward to future memories captured by their talented photographers. The ladies are all really amazing with their eye for detail and their friendly personalities.