Allow us to be part of your unique, special day ..

Since 1926, Wellshire has been a landmark location for weddings. With spectacular views of the Rocky Mountains, conveniently located on the beautiful Wellshire Golf Course, at the corner of Hampden Ave and Colorado Blvd, with ample free parking. We would be honored to host your special day.

Cakes + Desserts, Rentals + Equipment

3333 South Colorado Blvd, Denver, CO (303) 759-3333

Perfect Day

Reviewed on 3/02/2015 Katie S

We had our wedding at The Wellshire Event Center. The venue itself was exactly what we were looking for in terms of food, atmosphere, scenery and overall experience. We used the Pavilion and it was absolutely beautiful. The food was outstanding and the staff was amazing. They... Read More went above and beyond to make our wedding day the most special day of our lives, and that it was. The day we were married ended up being the hottest day of the year, and to be honest, I cannot even remember the heat, this is mostly because the whole event was flawless and perfect - and the temperature in the Pavilion was comfortable even due to the summer heat. The venue played a huge part in the success of our whole wedding weekend and the amount of our guests who are still talking about the venue is testament to that. I would highly recommend The Wellshire Event Center for any type of event.

2015-03-17T13:47:25 Response from the vendor

Katie, thank you for the kind words. We really enjoyed hosting your wedding and the staff said you were fantastic to work with. Good luck and thank you once again.

wedding guests still rave about my reception :)

Reviewed on 11/01/2011 Sarah Jane H

The Wellshire was a stunning location for my September wedding. At the beginning of my wedding planning, I was torn between another venue and The Wellshire and I'm so thankful and happy that I ultimately picked the latter. Todd Seymour was more than I could have ever asked... Read More for as an event coordinator. The word "flexible" doesn't begin to do him justice...he does not panic or show anxiety, he is a problem-solver through and through. When I had changes and questions, he was quick to get in touch with me and if he was unsure about a request of mine, he'd work with his staff or with management to accommodate me. I was a bride from Colorado, living in Texas, planning a traditional Catholic ceremony, with a strong military presence (my husband is active-duty Army). Not only that, but I was on a tight budget. The Wellshire personnel and event staff are not only aware of brides like me, but they're more than willing to create an event atmosphere that is timelessly classic and elegant, without breaking the bank. Do-it-yourself venues seem more attractive in the beginning of planning because they are less expensive. However, the hidden costs and the last-minute stress were areas I wanted to avoid. Since the venue was our largest expense, I chose a location that was going to be THE BEST VALUE. I was not disappointed and many of my guests thought that my wedding budget was double the actual because of my reception. The waitstaff and service the night of the event was remarkable. Darren Pettapiece is the event manager for the day-of, and he was friendly, helpful and was the reason for a seamless and smooth transition throughout the night. If you're not considering The Wellshire as an event location, you should! The value is unmatched and the event staff is second to none. Thank you, Todd and Darren!!!

2015-03-17T13:54:29 Response from the vendor

We are also glad you chose us, and thank you for the positive review. September is definitely a special time of the year in Colorado, and especially at Wellshire with the fantastic views and beautiful setting. Good luck for the future and stay in touch.

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Kelsie F

We had our October wedding ceremony and reception at the Wellshire. Ashlee and her team at the Wellshire perfectly executed our vision. The day ran super smoothly thanks to Ashlee's incredible organization and coordination. The wedding was absolutely perfect and the... Read More Wellshire was the perfect venue for us.

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Marissa N

If you are looking to have your wedding in Denver, definitely check out the Wellshire Event Center. I had the pleasure of working with Ashlee as my coordinator and she was amazing. She was quick to answer emails, answered all my questions and was great on our wedding day. We... Read More got many compliments about the venue and the wonderful food from our guests as well.

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Karen M

We got married at the Wellshire on 10/24/2016. The Wellshire staff are very knowledgeable regarding weddings and events. It was 100% worth the cost. We did not feel as though we were nickel and dime-ed. There were a lot of little items (choice of color table cloth, champagne... Read More toast, coordinator for the facility, appetizers and drinks for the wedding party before the ceremony, dessert bar and appetizers for the guests, dace floor, center pieces for the tables, lights, chandelier, etc) that were included in the price we paid. We also greatly appreciated that we had more than enough space for everyone. We were planning on about 150-200 people. It was not easy finding a venue for a reasonable price for that size group. The staff were very responsive to flexible. We did not feel like a number. Ashlee who coordinated our wedding, made us feel as though we were the only couple she was assisting. The Wellshire exceeded expectations in all areas. I would suggest everyone who is planning a wedding to take a tour of the Wellshire.

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 Teresa D

Todd made our wedding so stress free! He made sure every detail was taken care of. He coordinated the day with all of our other vendors so I had nothing to worry about. He was prompt to answer all emails and responded to all the questions we had. The Wellshire was a great... Read More venue. We especially liked the fact they didn't try to nickel and dime you on every rental item. The food was fantastic and we loved the beautiful rooms. All the staff the day of the wedding was friendly and made our wedding day very special. I highly recommend the Wellshire.

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 JoAnne L

The Wellshire is the first venue we visited and we were in love. We looked at one other place but it held no barring on the beauty of The Wellshire. Our event manager was Ashlee and she's one amazing woman! I could reach out to her anytime with a question or concern and get a... Read More response quickly. The day of was incredible. I was able to relax and enjoy the day while the venue handled everything. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.

Reviewed on 6/13/2016

We chose this venue for our June outdoor wedding after visiting close to 20 facilities. I loved the rustic look and feel but worried (secretly) about their ability to be classy in that old of a building...I worried (secretly) about whether they could actually house 120 people... Read More comfortably....the did both of these with perfection....me and my wife funded our entire wedding by ourselves and that was a big determining factor in our decision of which facility we would choose....we met with one of the head guys originally and he got the hook out and began sinking it....he was very kind, very knowledgable, and very understanding of our budget concerns...we were excited and happy so we signed....we wouldn't see this guy again until our wedding night(I really apologize, neither me nor my wife can recall his name, you'll understand why if you keep reading).... We were assigned a coordinator and met with her (Ashlee Kruger)....as we began to work with Ashlee and plan our wedding we were taken back by her knowledge in the industry and expertise but yet her humility and desire for us to design our wedding how we wanted it....we both would constantly direct to Ashlee as we were making decisions as "the expert" because this is both of me and my wifes first marriage but we had to push for her to make a decision that her expertise knew was best....she did extremely well of taken our one or two word answers and creating exactly what we wanted....we worked with her for about 15 months on our wedding and the whole time she was easily accessible, every call we made was returned within 24 hours and every email was answered within a few hours....the day of our wedding Ashlee was remarkable....we never once felt overwhelmed with needs and desires of our wedding party or family, Ashlee handled them all and was awesome....two of our wedding party members told me specifically toward the end of the evening "I don't know how much you paid for Ashlee but she was worth every penny"!!!!!! Lastly and also importantly the food received high honors from all of our guests....We HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend you consider Wellshire for your wedding, it was affordable and absolutely beautiful and absolutely perfect!!!!!! What an amazing evening....it was everything me and my wife had ever dreamed it would be and then some.....THANK YOU WELLSHIRE but mostly THANK YOU ASHLEE!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 4/27/2016

We choose the Wellshire for our entire wedding. We could not have been happier about the entire day. From the moment we booked, the staff at the Wellshire were wonderful. They were very professional and accommodated all of our needs. The day of the wedding, the staff was... Read More wonderful about having everything ready just the way we had discussed. I felt completely at ease that day knowing they had everything under control. They even helped set up our decorations the day of which was a huge weight lifted from me. We had our reception in the tent and it was absolutely beautiful. The food was by far one of the best parts of the night for our guests. We have been told over and over since our wedding how amazing the food was! Definitely not your typical "wedding/banquet" type meal! I have a gluten allergy as well as a number of my guests, the chef was amazing at making the majority of the wedding gluten free so we could all enjoy the food. And the gluten free food was just as delicious as the rest of the menu. We were so happy to have had our special day at the Wellshire and HIGHLY recommend it to other brides!

Reviewed on 4/07/2016

We had my daughters wedding at the Wellshire March of 2016. It was amazing, along with every person we came in contact with at this event center. Ashlee walked us through every detail, she was patient , kind and was never too busy to answer our questions. From the first time we... Read More went to this venue, everyone was attentive to our needs.. From Chris, the owner, to our event planner, the wait staff and chef, each person went out of the way to make our daughters wedding wonderful. The grounds and buildings are beautiful, the menu selection is amazing, and the food is spectacular. All of our guest loved their food. I can't say enough about this venue and highly recommend it.

Reviewed on 4/05/2016

My husband and I decided to create a new tradition and get married where his parents did. I could not be happier with this decision. The venue was gorgeous and the staff was excellent. The coordinators and the manager, worked very hard to make sure I did not need to worry about... Read More anything. I planned my wedding without a wedding planner and with the Wellshire you don't need it. They are experienced and very thoughtful. Thank you guys so much!

Reviewed on 3/07/2016 Amber L

Absolutely the best place to have a wedding. The staff was extraordinarily helpful and Todd made planning a wedding easy and stress free (I know right?) The food was perfect and will be talked about for years to come by my guests and the overall flexibility of this venue earns... Read More it 5 stars. I highly highly suggest this venue and recommend it for any type of wedding. I'll be coming back to visit for many years.

Lots of charm

Reviewed on 1/06/2016 JEnnifer A

The main ballroom had a lot of charm. It was wonderful to be able to use the outdoor area for a get away. Great service, delishious food... a perfect wedding venue!

Reviewed on 11/16/2015

Cvvvv

Reviewed on 7/29/2015

This is a venue you and your spouse-elect (Congrats!!!) should at a minimum place on your short list of places to visit in person. Because wedding planning and selecting a venue is all budget and gut feelings, if the two marry to let you say, "This is the place" then let me say... Read More to you, "Smart move." From there, Todd (Wellshire Events Coordinator), will effortlessly, and always with a positive, solution-oriented attitude, guide the two of you through all the T crossing and I dotting. He is timely and clear in communication, flexible on timetables and fine details, and is, simply, The Man. The building staff is friendly, professional, and there wasn't a person I asked a random question or favor to who didn't help us. The food is absolutely on point. Their menu selections are tremendous so I can't speak to everything, but we did a tapas style of dinner and everything was great - which we already knew after the wonderful (and filling) tasting they put on for my wife and I. I should note here, they do not officially have a Tapas menu, however; just one example of many of Todd and The Wellshire going out of their way to help us create our vision. We held our reception in their permanent pavilion and it is easily accessible for DJ's to set up equipment. The Pavilion is right on the golf course and when you're outside on the patio you get beautiful views of their golf course and the mountains. There were no issues with payment and no surprises either - how they compute a final number is a precision process there and you will feel comfortable and confident with both parties agreeing to what's what. Honestly, if I could do it all over again - I would do it all over again. Everything was wonderful from start to finish, top to bottom. You should schedule a tour with Todd and experience it for yourself.

Summer wedding

Reviewed on 3/16/2015

My wife and I had our reception back in June, and what an awesome party it was! We rolled into the reception (in the tent) on a golf cart for our grand entrance, had a plated dinner (best scallops!), and then a live band...again, a great party (which the bar tab reflected) that... Read More we still get wonderful comments from our guests...plus the pictures at sunset on the golf course made for a great photo album.

2015-03-17T13:57:46 Response from the vendor

We remember the "Grand Entrance" well. That was fun and we loved the band. (We have a picture of them on our website). Hope you guys are doing well and thanks for the positive comments. Don't hesitate to stick your head in and say hi... Read Less Read More

Wouldn't have married anywhere else

Reviewed on 3/16/2015 Angela F

We had our ceremony and reception here in August. I love, love, love the building. It's so unique and absolutely stunning. We felt comfortable asking questions throughout the process, and we felt respected and valued. We loved the staff. Even with so much going on, their... Read More professional and friendly demeanor stuck out. Everything was delicious, especially the cake, which was made by an in-house French pastry chef. There's a welcoming atmosphere... you don't feel like just another wedding. And while our experience at Wellshire was excellent in many ways, I think that is what made it so great.

2015-03-17T14:00:29 Response from the vendor

Thank for you for the kind comments and positive feedback. Our Chef Julien truly is a French "Magician" and we all are very excited when he asks us to taste some of his new recipes and menu additions. I am glad your wedding day felt... Read Less Read More

Wonderful Team

Reviewed on 11/29/2011 Victoria B

This team is amazing! From the very first interview to the big day, they made sure everything was in order and things ran smoothly. The grounds are gorgeous for photo opportunities, and there is a wide range of rooms to choose from. The Bridal Room is exquisite and nice retreat... Read More to gather your thoughts before the reception. We held our reception in their Pavilion which they decorated perfectly. They have lights in the ceiling that they change to match your colors, and it is heated/air conditioned so your guests will always be comfortable. The team itself is comprised of great people who want your day to be perfect. They will do anything they can to help make it so. They will ask questions you may have forgotten to think about. And they will take care of things so you don't have to worry at all. You are in trusted hands with The Wellshire.

2015-03-17T13:49:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the positive feedback. We are always encouraged when we hear back from guests. Good luck in the future and thank you for your hosting your event with us.

Great Venue

Reviewed on 10/07/2011 Amanda W

We had a great time holding our ceremony and reception at The Wellshire Inn. While we had to move our ceremony to a different location, Todd and Deven were very helpful in making sure to answer all my questions and concerns to make sure that my dreams would not suffer because... Read More of the move. On the day of the wedding, the food was not as wonderful as it was for the tasting but all of the servers were wonderful and had great positive attitudes.

2015-03-17T14:03:00 Response from the vendor

Amanda, thank you for the feedback. I am sorry that the food did not match the quality as on the day of the tasting. Consistency is important to us, and we appreciate the objective feedback, and will continue to strive in achieving this goal

Best place to have a wedding!

Reviewed on 9/06/2011 Kristin S

They were excellent to work with from day 1 to the very end. Excellent service, they helped me with all the decorations, the food was amazing and they had wonderful service from the start of my reception to the end when they packed up all my things for me. Wonderful people,... Read More wonderful venue, I would give 10 stars because they made my dad and the whole process was easy and wonderful. I can't say enough kind things, they were perfection

2015-03-17T14:04:08 Response from the vendor

We would love to get 10 stars, but happily take 5 :-) Thanks for the positive feedback. We are glad everything was perfect on your special day

Thanks!

Reviewed on 7/20/2011 BriAnna P

I was extremely satisfied with Todd and his staff at the Wellshire. Todd is every bride's dream and any question my mother and I had he was able to answer quickly and efficiently! He even went above and beyond with helping set up decor before the reception! Everyone of their... Read More staff was all smiles and good humor the whole night as they seemed to be enjoying themselves as well. The food was exceptional--best salmon my groom had ever tasted--and everyone told us how much they enjoyed all the food throughout the night! We used to visit the Wellshire Inn back when it was a restaurant and I'm so glad to see it hasn't lost it's charm! Thank You guys for a magical evening!

2015-03-17T14:06:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind comments. Todd is an incredible asset as is all our staff. We know our great employees are as important as our beautiful location. We really appreciate their hard work, and we are always also thankful hearing that appreciation from our... Read Less Read More

Great

Reviewed on 7/19/2011 Alicia T

Have ceremony and reception at the Wellshire they did a great job. Had stake buffet and was priced well.

Waaaay over rated!

Reviewed on 1/24/2011 Karen M

The room they offered was dusty and had cheesy decor. There was a lovely tented area, but the price just to rent it was ridiculous! Nothing is really included in the package price, everything is added on and extra. It was silly how much they were asking

2015-02-26T12:38:36 Response from the vendor

We are sorry that our facilities did not meet your budget requirements.

Review for The Wellshire Inn

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Natasha T

It's a beautiful cozy inn that has several rooms depending on the size of the party. The food was exceptional and the service matched. The linens were setup beautifully.