Professional touch for your wedding dances!!

Astoria Ballroom Dance Studio of Costa Mesa/Newport Beach is known to offer the highest quality of dancing in Orange County. We offer classes, private instruction, wedding dance lessons, professional dance coaching, dance parties, events, and studio rentals for your own festivities. Leave your cares behind, step in to the Astoria Ballroom, and you will be transported. Meet your new self— one that is more alive, more expressive, more resplendent. You will find many happy moments through music and in dance, and may even surprise yourself (and your partner) with how much fun it can be. Take a chance on opening a new chapter in your life. Come dance with us at Astoria!

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Celtic, Flamenco, Latin, World Music

369 E. 17th St. #10, Costa Mesa, CA (949) 842-2965

Dirty Dancing - Accomplished!

Reviewed on 1/03/2014 Alicia B

Alex from Astoria Ballroom was AWESOME!!!! My husband (fiance at the time) and I went 2 weeks before our actually wedding... with a huge request - to help us learn the Dirty Dancing dance. Alex accommodated our busy schedules and worked with us until we nailed the dance... Read More (including the jump!). He is an extremely fabulous dancer and very fun to work with. We performed our dance at the Island Hotel where our reception was as a surprise to all our guests - it literally such a success!!! We could not have pulled it off without Alex from Astoria Ballroom!! We highly recommend to any couple looking for first dance, custom dance, etc!!!!

Reviewed on 4/27/2017 Zeena H

We took 3 lessons to prepare for our first dance at our wedding and Midori was great to work with!! We started with a consultation where she asked a lot of helpful questions that I never would have thought of (how are you doing you hair to make sure we don't have you do a move... Read More that messes it up, what style gown are you wearing to make sure to avoid choreography where your new hubby might step on it, how serious/fun/funny/romantic would you like the dance to be, etc.). She then choreographed a dance to our song that fit our needs perfectly! In just 3 lessons she was able to teach us the foundations of ballroom dancing and the choreography that she created for us. Our first dance at the wedding went awesome and we even got a compliment from a friend saying we nailed having a choreographed dance that didn't come off as cheesy and practiced! I totally agreed with her and it's all thanks to Midori and Astoria Ballroom! Thank you!!

Reviewed on 2/20/2017 Gloria R

My fiancé and I adore Midori! We wanted to do something unique for our first wedding dance and she guided us the entire way. From the song selection to the style, she's helped choreograph a truly special dance. Wedding planning is stressful as it is, so it was a tremendous... Read More relief to have her patience and guidance throughout the entire process. We did the package of ten dance lessons, which was absolutely worth it. My fiancé have enjoyed every minute of our lessons. Thank you Astoria Ballroom!!

Reviewed on 2/20/2017 Kevin H

Midori was amazing in helping us choreograph a wonderful tango for our wedding! Considering both my fiancé and I had little dance experience in the past, Midori was able to guide us through with such patience and care that our lessons became a sanctuary from the hectic lives my... Read More fiancé and I live. We highly recommend anyone looking to learn a dance to come to Astoria ballroom to learn.

Reviewed on 2/11/2017 Denise R

Currently taking lessons with Midori for my wedding on May 20th with my husband to be. We just finished our third class and have two more to go! Went into it with absolutely no previous experience and two left feet. During each waltz lesson she has been able to make us feel... Read More comfortable, confident and excited for the big day performance. We would definitely come back after our lessons are finished to learn other styles.

2017-02-11T23:58:06 Response from the vendor

It is very happy to create your fairy tail like Waltz. You will be so beautiful dancing together on your special day.

Reviewed on 1/20/2017 Dani L

Taking wedding dance lessons at Astoria was the best wedding decision that we made. Teachers Midori and Alex created a unique and customized first dance for my husband and I and our wedding guests were blown away. Instead of just swaying back and forth we came out with a full... Read More choreographed dance that was the highlight of the evening. My now husband had zero dance experience previously and now has dance skills that he is confident to get out and dance on any dance floor. I highly recommend anyone in the orange county area that is looking for dance lessons to choose Astoria ballroom because you will not be disappointed but pleasantly pleased with the outcome.

Best Wedding Dance Teachers in the World

Reviewed on 1/18/2014 Marci D

What a wonderful experience! We were disadvantaged coming into this, lacking coordination and rhythm. Machiko,a graceful nymph, performed miracles teaching two lumbering giants to somehow be light on our feet. During our journey she helped us see that our first dance was more... Read More about joyful sharing than an arduous task. Machiko took our personalities into consideration. After a lot of giggling and tripping, she transformed us. A man with a military background, a girl who leans toward drama queen became Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers (or more likely, Carmen Miranda). Alex contributed greatly to the creativty of the dance choreography. He made it not just about performing but entertaining our wedding guests. He created anticipation and went beyond the basics to add complexity, richness, and depth to our first dance. With Alex's creativity, Machiko's grace and our persistance, we were rewarded by the reaction of our guests: applause, laughter, and many oohs and aahs. We learned to give space for one another, to be sensitive to each others signals, and to compromise for the end result - a lot like a successful marriage! How grateful we are that they prepared us so well and made the whole process so much fun. We will always treasure the many joys of our wedding day, especially the thrill of our first dance! Not only did Machiko and Alex make our first dance memorable, they made us feel like we were part of the Astoria family.

Midori

I have been working with wedding dances for over 20 years including First dance, father-daughter dance, mother-son dance, and bridal party dance. I enjoy creating a personalized special dance for each individual couple differently. My creativity comes in every time I meet new couple and work with a new song. Let me be a part of your wedding preparation team. *Certified professional ballroom and latin dance teacher *Certified Pilates instructor