Documentary, Lifestyle

Wedding Albums, Photo

771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

441 N. Woodlawn Ave, Bloomington, IN (765) 635-4899

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Kim K

My daughter recently held her wedding and reception downtown Indianapolis! It was magnificent! We were thrilled at the way Emily and James conducted themselves throughout the entire wedding process. By the time the reception was over we wanted to adopt them! They were... Read More wonderful and so were the pictures they took!!!

Emily was wonderful for our Chicago wedding!

Reviewed on 9/16/2014 Laura N

My husband and I had a downtown Chicago wedding and selected Emily and her assistant James to be our photographers. From start to finish, we were incredibly impressed! Emily's prices were very reasonable, and Emily is professional, knowledgeable, and incredibly sweet. Even... Read More better, her passion for her work is evident. Emily and James traveled to Chicago for our wedding, and they were so organized on the day of. I didn't have to worry about a thing. As soon as she arrived at my hotel suite, Emily took the lead in taking "details" shots of my jewelry, dress, shoes, etc while I was still having my makeup done. For the bridal party shots, Emily directed everyone with such efficiency, and knew exactly what poses and groupings to use. There was never any time standing around waiting, deciding what pictures to shoot next. Additionally, when we took photos in the streets of Chicago, Emily and James fearlessly got in the street, dodged cars, and diverted traffic to get the shots we needed. It was remarkable. When we took extended family photos, we were once again impressed with the organization and efficiency. Because I had provided Emily a list of groupings in advance (Emily asks you do this, and you should!), James was able to corral and direct everyone, while Emily snapped the photos. During our ceremony, I didn't even realize Emily and James were around, and yet they took some amazing photos. We just received our pictures (less than a month after the wedding) and are incredibly pleased--Emily captured everything and the pictures are just gorgeous. We have no regrets about choosing Emily and James to be part of our day, and would certainly recommend them!

The BEST photographer - Emily Weis Photography!

Reviewed on 8/28/2014 Jenny B

Emily and her fiance James were such a pleasure to work with! They took both our engagement photos and our wedding photos, and we couldn't be more pleased. They were easy-going, prompt, and attentive to everything going on during the entire day. We are so thankful for their... Read More service and wonderful skills. My sisters plan to use Emily Weis Photography for their future weddings, and I pass her name along to everyone I know. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Emily and her amazing talents!

GREAT Decision!

Reviewed on 4/27/2014 Kelly B

Emily is such a doll and we LOVED working with her. Her customer service and attentiveness is second to none - she was awesome to work with. She was one of the least stressful parts of the whole process. And her photos speak for themselves, she truly is such an artist. She and... Read More James were so much fun to have around during our wedding day, and I am so thrilled we chose them to capture it all. You won't regret this decision! We continue to get so many compliments on our wedding photography. I can't wait to treasure these photos for years to come. THANK YOU for everything!!

We love Emily!

Reviewed on 1/07/2014 sarah s

After seeing her work on her website, and meeting with her at a local coffee shop, choosing Emily as our wedding photographer was a no brainer. She is a total sweetheart, truly talented, and our pictures came out BEAUTIFUL!

Reviewed on 10/12/2013

Emily Weis Photography captured our emotions and happiness perfectly. The photos bring me right back to what I was feeling on our special day. Emily gives great direction, vision, and creativity in her work. She is truly a professional in the Photography business and there... Read More wasn't one photo we didn't like. Her online photo system is easy to use for all. Quick turn around on getting photos back, awesome to work with. Emily goes above and beyond for her clients. Gorgeous work!

She's the very best!

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 Ricci W

Emily is an absolute gem. She is genuine, professional, and extremely flexible. Besides her obvious ability to compose amazing photographs, she has a knack for building upon your ideas for a unique product. We never felt anything but relaxed during our engagement/wedding... Read More sessions and can honestly say choosing Emily Weis Photography was one of the best decisions we made.

Emily Weis Photography - AMAZING!

Reviewed on 10/02/2013

From the moment I spoke with Emily, I knew I was in good hands. She was so easy to work with, and she communicated every detail so well. She shot our engagement session and wedding day, and I couldn't have asked for a more professional and genuine person to have taken our... Read More photos. Emily and her assistant, James, could not have made our wedding day more relaxing with their positive attitudes and classic photography. I would recommend them to anyone wanting beautiful and stunning photos, not just brides and grooms! Emily Weis Photography is AMAZING!

Delightful to work with and pictures that take your breath away! :)

Reviewed on 9/04/2013 brooke u

I was given a list of photographers by a local vendor where we were renting vintage furniture for our wedding and the second I pulled up Emily's website, I knew my fiancé and I had to work with her! Her pictures on her website were so beautiful and truly captured each bride and... Read More grooms wedding story. From the moment we met for coffee, she felt like a friend! She has such a lovely personality, a true passion for photography and was a joy to work with. We were so impressed with her from the beginning! She really took time to learn as much as she could about Jason and I and our story and it shows in the beauty of the pictures that she took for us! I would recommend her to everyone! She is absolutely fabulous! So thankful we found her! :)

Wedding photography service

Reviewed on 7/27/2013

Emily Weis did an amazing job capturing every moment of our wedding day. The pictures we got back were more than perfect and her personality was wonderful. We enjoyed every second of her photographing us and making us feel so special.

Awesome Experience and awesome pictures!

Reviewed on 6/19/2013 Carly B

I found out about Emily Weis Photography when I saw her work on a good friends wedding. She is so laid back and easy to work with. We did engagement photos as well as our wedding day pictures and both turned out awesome!! Emily did an awesome job making sure she captured... Read More everything we wanted. From beginning to end the process was easy and she has the tools and experience she needs to make the day and pictures a real success. My pictures turned out exactly the way I wanted and I knew that Emily had listened to me and my family's wishes. Not to mention all of the compliments I received and all of the questions about my photographer. All around it was a great experience and Emily Weis Photography would be a great option for any bride looking for amazing, fun and real pictures

Reviewed on 6/02/2013 Jessica B

I met Emily 2010. A mutual friend had classes with Emily and suggested she capture our group of friends for a senior photo shoot our last year at Indiana University. These pictures were so fun and turned out amazing! So when I began planning my wedding a year later, the same... Read More mutual friend suggested Emily Weis Photography for our photographer. The fun experience I had in the past with her immediately led me to stalk her website to see what she had been doing since we met the year before. One look at her photos and my fiance and I didn't even contact another photographer! Emily made figuring out details for the day a breeze. She was very detailed with how the day would run, but she was definitely flexible. Our pictures are beautiful and she was so quick to get them to us! I really liked that she shared sneak peeks on Facebook, the blog, and even sent me a picture of my mother and I from the wedding (before the rest were ready) for me to have on Mother's Day. Emily is truly an artist. I would recommend Emily Weis Photography to anyone who wants a great experience and gorgeous photos! Thanks Emily!!

Best Wedding Expense I Made!

Reviewed on 11/20/2012 Kristen H

When planning my DIY budget wedding, the one line item I wasn't willing to shortcut was for the photographer. If there is anything my friends regretted about their wedding was that they used a friend or a super cheap photographer to capture their shots. After the wedding is... Read More over, all you have are the photos to look back on! I stumbled upon Emily Weis Photography here on the Knot and couldn't have been more pleased. Her services were WELL priced and she was so easy to work with. My now-husband was uncomfortable leading up to the engagement photo session (he doesn't like being lovey-dovey in front of others), but Emily immediately eased his nerves with her warm and easy-going attitude towards taking shots. By the time the wedding rolled around my husband was no longer nervous regarding photos. In fact, our favorite part of the entire day of the wedding was our 3 hour photo shoot with Emily prior to the ceremony. We were all so relaxed and able to just enjoy each other and the moment. Once the photos were done everything seemed to go into hyperdrive that those precious moments got a little harder to focus on. I don't think most brides can say their wedding day photo shoot was their favorite part of the wedding - but Emily Weis had a lot to do with it. She never rushed us or made us feel uncomfortable. She always emphasized that we act naturally and just be ourselves - and she truly captured it. For the future, Emily will be my go to photographer for any Christmas photos, Anniversary photos, Baby photos, Family photos - am I getting too far ahead of myself?? :) I recommend following her page on Facebook; I love looking at all of her wedding shots. It's awesome seeing her grow in her progression. She only gets better and better! Her blog is also wonderful and in case you'd like to see her shoot of my wedding, here is the link to the post she put together. I think you'll see why I'm so pleased! Thanks, Emily - you are wonderful!

Reviewed on 11/05/2012 Jaclyn C

Emily is a sorority sister of mine and when it came to planning our wedding I wanted the whole day to be very intimate. I wanted everyone involved to be someone we knew and would cherish the day in the same way we would. Emily is a very personalble person and everything she... Read More does is full of intention and a lot of thought. I don't know anything about photography, so when it came closer to the day I sent Emily a bunch of pictures from other weddings that I liked. She was able to figure out what style of photographs I liked, as well as caputre the day with both mine and my husbands personalities shining though. I'd book her now, because with her crazy schedule last year she is sure to fill up all her weekends for this next year quick!

Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 10/28/2012 Erica L

Emily did my engagement session and my wedding in June 2012. She did an amazing job and I would absolutely recommend her hands down. Her prices are reasonable and she's willing to be with you the whole day! She's fun to be around and just all around perfect. My family and... Read More bridesmaids loved her. In fact, one of my bridesmaids is using her for her wedding. Emily is fabulous and is an amazing photographer!

Amazing Photog!

Reviewed on 10/08/2012 Greta H

Emily not only knows how to work the camera, she was so easy to work with on our wedding day. She's completely open to the bride and groom's suggestions and ideas, as well as bring her own fun ideas to the mix. We took her up on the option to bring in a second shooter and we are... Read More so glad we did. We had so many options to choose from and all were worthy of sharing. She has a natural look to photos where they aren't constantly unrealistic coloring and they just feel so much more real! WONDERFUL JOB!

Sarah & Joe's September Wedding

Reviewed on 10/02/2012 Sarah Q

Emily and her assistant Melissa were excellent to work with. Emily stayed in touch in the weeks leading up to the wedding and arrived on time the day of. She and Melissa were both dressed in professional clothes that helped them blend in with the wedding guests. We've seen a few... Read More pictures from the day & they're gorgeous! Emily Weis Photography will do a wonderful job capturing your wedding day!

Beyond Our Dreams

Reviewed on 8/21/2012 JK S

When we signed the contract with Emily was when I first started really getting excited about our wedding. Her pictures were gorgeous, and I felt so relieved knowing she would handle everything and get beautiful shots of our day. Our engagement session was wonderful for... Read More getting to know her, and we felt so comfortable (even while shooting with whispered voices at the public library). Her ideas were always creative and fresh, and we adored that the photos felt "real". I cannot convey what an amazing job she did at photographing us in our own style. Each of the weddings Emily does are all unique and just seem to absolutely capture the couple. I loved that our photos had a different vibe from the other weddings she has done, and felt "us." For the service, communication, professionalism, photos and fun we got from her, we couldn't beat the price anywhere else! We recommend her to everyone! :) And a few words from my new husband for a "boy" perspective: She's super professional and has a fast delivery. The pictures were great quality, and she's really easy to be around. (Like, it was never awkward, like some picture-taking can be). Thank YOU, EMILY!

Amazing work!

Reviewed on 4/11/2012 Katie C

Emily was really great to work with! I looked through her pictures on her blog even before I got engaged and was hopeful that I could have her do mine for me! She was really flexible, easy going, and really catered to what I wanted. She asked for pictures/ poses that we wanted... Read More ahead of time, was punctual, and brought a second shooter to get pictures of the guys getting ready as well as candid pictures throughout the night. She just finished editing all of our pictures last night (just 3 weeks after the wedding) and I'm so eager to see them all! She posted about 20 pictures on her blog from our big day and I've gotten amazing and affirming feedback from so many people... some people I don't even know! In addition to doing great work, she is genuinely sweet and a solid Christian woman! I've already begun recommending her to others looking for a photographer!

Fall Harvest Wedding

Reviewed on 1/24/2012 Kelly S

My fiance and I hired Emily Weis Photography for our October 2011 wedding, and she was absolutely fantastic! It was an unseasonably warm day and an outdoor wedding to boot, but she made everything work. She was so great at making sure everything ran smoothly and also made sure I... Read More got all the shots I really wanted. We couldn't have been happier with our final pictures and have gotten so many compliments from friends and family. The greatest part about working with Emily was that she was able to capture the intended theme and made our rustic, fall wedding shine through in the photographs.

Reviewed on 12/28/2011 Amy S

I used Emily for our October 2011 wedding. I loved her! She did our engagement pictures as well. We had great results and everyone is raving over our pictures! She and Andrew (her assistant on my day) were professional and so nice. They were very relaxed with our crazy schedule... Read More and were willing to just roll with it when things got down to the wire! I would highly recommend her to anyone, and the price was well worth it too! I love that I got the rights to my pictures and engagement session included in the price. Everything was amazing.