Invitations your guests will say "Yes" to!

We specialize in affordable custom wedding invitations that are unique, beautiful and unforgettable. We believe wedding invitations should be uniquely yours. We love getting to know our brides. When we meet we love to see fabric swatches, magazine clippings - any bits that help us see your vision. We then work closely with you to create your one of a kind invitation either from scratch in our store, or by ordering from top of the line vendors such as William Arthur, Envelopments, Carlson Craft or others.

Signs, Decorations + Accents, Custom Invitations, Escort + Place Cards, Guest Books, Menus, Programs, Seating Charts, Table Numbers, Thank You Cards, Paper Goods, Embossing, Engraving, Letterpress, Printing, Save-The-Dates, Shower + Party Invitations, Online Invitations, Wedding Invitations, Invitations + Paper Goods

1260 Sycamore Square, Midlothian, VA (804) 897-1903

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

Kristin was absolutely superb in her service to me. I was completely overwhelmed with choices at first and had no clue what I wanted. She really helped me narrow it down and made very helpful suggestions to help me pick the perfect thing. She is a true professional and so... Read More very talented and creative. I felt immediately comfortable with her. She and her staff are down to earth and welcoming. You MUST go see her!!!

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Vanessa S

The girls were a dream to work with! Kind, flexible, and helped me create beautiful and unique customized wedding invitations, programs, and thank you notes for my bridesmaids. I would highly recommend them to anyone who wants to create something "outside the box" at reasonable... Read More prices.

2015-10-27T10:36:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you Vanessa. We really enjoyed working with you and your mother!

Loved loved loved my invitations!!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Chelsey C

Cheryl and Kristin are the best. We sat down with Cheryl and described an idea of what we wanted our invitations to look like. She listened and made great suggestions. When I saw the invitation sample, it was exactly what I had in mind. Cheryl answered all of my many questions... Read More along the way about the wording on the invitations. We also ended up adding meal selection cards and accommodations cards. Both turned out great. We were very satisfied with the quality of the invitations and other products and we appreciated all of the help from Cheryl and Kristin in designing the invitations. The price was also very reasonable. I highly recommend Invitation to Party.

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 Krystle P

My husband and I had a great time working with the ladies here. Everything was done properly and when they said it would be. No confusion. Just easy and I got what I wanted. They also did our seating chart and programs. I enjoyed the creativity and thought they put into our... Read More wedding for us. Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Amber L

I used this store for my save the dates which were perfect. I then went back for my invitations. There was a small problem in that the paper come in and it was the wrong size, but they handled it very quickly and the correct paper was in two days later. Because I live far away,... Read More Kristin even drove the invitations to my fiances work for me so I could get them faster. They really were beautiful! I went back to them for some things for the wedding and everything was perfect for that again. I really trusted them to get the job done and do the right thing quickly.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Brittany P

I really enjoyed working with Cheryl and the other ladies here. Cheryl was very helpful and professional and conveyed exactly what I wanted to Kristin for the design. Kristin got me the design quickly and with one change it was exactly what I wanted. We used the artwork that was... Read More made just for us on our programs and some other things we used at the reception. So many people complimented me on the paper. Thank you Cheryl and Kristin!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 K B

My husband, Chris, and I were very relieved we found this store. I looked online for a long time and wasn't able to find what I wanted. A friend suggested I try this store and I'm so glad I did. Kristen created the exact art we wanted for our invitation and rsvp card. The art... Read More was also able to be put on the wedding program. After the wedding she created the most beautiful thank you notes for us with our wedding photography. Chris and I were very happy with the service, pricing and all the items we received.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016

We got exactly what we wanted and the price was great. We were very happy with the service we received here, their response time and the invitations.

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Sarah N

We got exactly what we had hoped for here. Kristin created the perfect design for us and it was just as I had wanted. The quality of the invitation was outstanding too. I would definitely refer my friends here for their invitations. Very timely and affordable.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Amy B

Great service. Great invitation. Great ladies that work there. The other reviews pretty much said it all already. Best place for invitations in town for sure!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Sarah

We had our save the dates and invitations designed here. They were very beautiful and we received many compliments on them. The staff was helpful and advised us on how to word everything and when to send things out. We were very happy with using this store and would highly... Read More recommend them.

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Angela S

Kristin helped my mom initially since I live in northern va. She did a great job understanding what I had in mind and emailed me some samples before I even came to visit. When I came in with my mom, Kristin had the samples printed out and it was so nice to see them in person to... Read More decide. It was hard to decide! She was able to use the same and coordinating designs she created for us on our programs, table numbers, place cards, and thank you notes. Really this was just as easy as shopping online, but much more personal and a real person to meet with and a real invitation to see before we handed over money. I will be suggesting this store to all of my friends!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Emily D

We loved working with the ladies here. Great invitations and friendly. They were done quickly and we had them addressed to. We also got napkins and some gifts for my bridesmaids from them. I know some of my bridal shower invitations came from here and they were really cute as... Read More well.

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Kathy M

LOVE MY INVITATIONS! My mom and I had a great experience here working with Kristin and the other ladies. Very creative ideas. Quality invitations. Just like the other reviews say. We also got great signs made for our reception which I can't wait to use for our signature drink... Read More and sparkler send off. They are really original and eye catching. Thank you Invitation to party for making this part of our planning so easy!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Ashley R

We loved working with Cheryl and Kristin here. They were friendly, creative and gladly worked within our budget. It was really nice to get a one of a kind quality invitation, from a local person, that didn't take up our entire budget. We would definitely suggest using them.

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Ashley R

I worked with this vendor to do my invitations and thank you notes. The associates I worked with were incredibly patient and kind- we made many trips with updates guest lists to have envelopes addressed, and it was never a problem. The stationary was absolutely beautiful.

GO SEE KRISTIN!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

I read all of the great reviews on here and they are all accurate. Kristin is creative, patient, accurate, timely, fun etc. One thing I see missing that I would like to contribute is her overwhelming knowledge on etiquette. We have divorcees, step parents and so on and I did not... Read More know how to handle the wording or addressing. Kristin helped me with all of that and made it so easy for me. She explained the difference in how to word our wedding vs others in a church, she explained all the different pieces of paper and what their used for. Never did I feel her information was "stuffy", just correct. Kristin said something to me that stuck with me through my entire wedding process. We were discussing etiquette and working on wedding planning, and she said, " Nancy, I will always tell you the proper way to do things. But if you ever want to change that up and jump ship, I will take both your hands and gladly go off the deep end with you!" Thank you Kristin for helping to make this entire process so easy!

Exceptional service!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

My husband and I were pleased to find a vendor in the area that exceeded service on so many levels. We explained what we were looking for and our budget and what seemed like seconds we found our invitation. What a pleasant and knowledgeable team with a quick turn around.

2014-10-30T15:06:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you Cindy! We truly enjoyed working with you! Kristin

Invitations

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

We had gone to a popular invitation store in the west end on a Saturday, without an appointment. They wouldn't help us so we moved down the list to invitation to party and I'm so glad we did! Yes this store was busy too, but Cheryl and Kristen took time to greet us with a smile,... Read More have us fill out a questionnaire and allowed us to look at their invitations. The following time we went back we made an appointment and really had one on one attention. The design Kristen did was so beautiful and precise. The end product was flawless. The communication was professional and energetic. The vibe in this place is just amazing. I'm really going to miss having a reason to go in there and I'm already missing the upbeat emails from Kristen every few days. We used them for save the dates, invitations, rehearsal dinner invitations, place cards, a big seating chart and attendants gifts.

Would give more stars if it was an option!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

My mom and I loved getting our invitations, programs, favors, and reception signs here. Kristin was a blast to work with and actually made this part of the planning fun! I am not a creative person AT ALL, but luckily she is because she understood what I was wanting and created... Read More it exactly as I had hoped. The work was done on time and correctly even though it was obvious they were busy. I never felt like I was a bother and that they really enjoyed helping us! Thank you from the bottom of my heart Kristin, for your endless patience, kindness, creativity, and much needed smiles! You are an Angel!

2014-10-30T15:11:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words Andrea! You and Robert were really a true pleasure to work with. Kristin

Perfect!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Donna S

We loved our experience at Invitation to party. Kristin is knowledgeable, friendly and extremely talented. She made ordering invitations and programs easy and enjoyable. I brought in a fabric swatch of the dresses and she matched the color perfectly. Also, they didn't have the... Read More exact swirly design I envisioned, so she made one just for us and it looked so perfect on our invitations. Thank you so much invitation to party!

Just what we wanted

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Jen T

Kristin made the invitation ordering process easy and enjoyable. We worked with Cheryl there a lot too. Either one could help you and make it a good experience. Our invitations were pretty and done just like I imagined. My sister is getting married next year and will definitely... Read More be using Invitation to party.

Trustworthy and Reliable and Creative

Reviewed on 10/24/2014

My fiance and I loved working with the ladies here. We had an appointment with Kristen and immediately felt comfortable with her. She offered us ways to save money on what we wanted, and came up with other ways to get all of the information we had onto paper that fit into our... Read More budget. She didn't try to get us to spend more money than we had. All of the proofs came in the time she promised them and she even sent an extra set with some ideas she had to tweak what we had ordered. Her ideas really took our invitations from nice to WOW! We received so many compliments on them. She also did our programs, seating chart, table numbers and place cards. I can not say enough great things about this store! I will definitely return for future invitation needs and would suggest every bride go here!

Wedding invites and supplies made easy!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014

I had an absolutely wonderful experience with Invitation to party. They made an appointment for me ahead of time as I was coming from quite a distance, and sent me all kinds of wedding etiquite, checklists, idea lists, etc prior to the appointment time. On the day of my... Read More appointment the owner spent countless time with me as I tried to find the perfect invite. She ended up helping me design my own (with the paper type, color, design, print I liked) combining from several samples. I ended up with the perfect invite, direction card, response cards, thank you notes, etc. Not only did I get help creating the perfect invitation, Invitation to Party addressed all my invites! This was a HUGE time saver! Additionally, I was able to get small favors, gifts, a book for the ring bearer/flower girl. I was also given suggestions for other places to try for cake/flowers that were equally beautiful to what I wanted, but less costly. This was one of the best places I used to prepare for my wedding!

2014-10-18T14:18:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you Lindsay! I really enjoyed helping you!

Absolutely FABULOUS!!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Katharine J

Being my only wedding, I was lost when I began. Not only did the wonderful shop owner lead me directly down the right path with little to go on, but I've also had more compliments on our invitations and RSVP cards- the gorgeous graphics were perfectly executed, as well as every... Read More single word and phrase a perfect reflection of our style and taste. They look exactly 'like' my fiancé and I, which is such a gift. I have to add, this was all done in record time and all thru email and a couple of phone calls, from a state away. If you're not in Richmond, or even Virginia, you can't find a more dedicated group of professionals to take care of your first mailing as an official couple. I have to add, when I recieved my order, it was all carefully packaged and beautifully tied gently in tulle ribbon, I truly felt like a BRIDE at that moment! To top it all off, they even included a few gifts that made the daunting process of getting them all together to be mailed a joy and a snap. If you're looking for a group of creative professionals to put together anything festive, you just can't go wrong, and I can't wait to have another occasion so I can come back- just simply fabulous! THANKS TO EVERYONE AT INVITATION TO PARTY!!!!

2014-10-18T14:50:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words Katharine! This was a fun order to do and I really enjoyed drawing that tree for you! I know you will have a beautiful day next weekend! Kristin

Kristin Rider

I love creating things. I love listening to, meeting with and helping customers. Last, but hardly least, I love a good party. My passion for invitations started with a job I had at a fine stationers in L.A. in 1997. Once I held engraved linen in my hand and personally tied a silk ribbon around it, there was no going back. From there, my passion took me to Orange County, Ca. where I learned about layers, ribbons, artwork - even the ability to pull a poem for a kids party invitation out of the depths of my mind on the fly. We hope to meet you and create something amazing for you soon!