Joey Allen

Wedding

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Photo

Available for travel throughout the United States (702) 815-4489

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Siobhan B

We hired Joey to shoot our Vegas wedding in April. I chose him based on his amazing reviews, beautiful portfolio and reasonable pricing. Even from our very first e-mail conversation, he was very friendly and eager to help to make the day go smoothly. He called before our session... Read More as well to finalize the details of the day so he was almost 'invisible' on the day-of. He arrived early with all of his gear ready and was very professional. We did a mix of photos on the day : getting ready, friends & family, posed shots and also lots of candid ones throughout the day. He made us feel very comfortable and chose poses that suited us best, instead of going with the cliche ones. We received the photos about 2 weeks after the wedding and were blown away by the results! First off, I couldn't believe how many photos he took in just a few hours! It was awesome being able to access all of them in high resolution. The photos were so beautiful, and looked so natural. Looking though all of the photos made me feel like I was right back on my wedding day. Our friends and family have also been so amazed with the quality of Joey's photos. He is extremely talented and I would recommend any bride-to-be to use him for your wedding!! We're so excited to have these wonderful photos to look back on for the rest of our lives. Thank you so much Joey!

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Carlotta S

I booked Joey for a split session on April 6/17, wedding photos before ceremony and to take photos at the reception. He took the most wonderful photos – lots of candid ones of guests and bridal party that were so awesome. In the 5 hours, he captured more than I possibly... Read More imagined. The pictures really showcase the day and my feelings. It is weird that I can feel the day through his photos. I am glad he was there because as a bride, it is so overwhelming that it becomes a blur (for me anyways). When I look at the pics, they bring me right back. They really are a true reflection and not all posed. I would also like to add that planning a wedding from Canada in Las Vegas was stressful but Joey was so responsive and eager to answer every question which gave me confidence that it would all turn out and that he would be great. I remember before booking him, trying to find a photo online or something out there to make sure Joey really existed or what to expect. Rest assured, he is professional, great, talented and reliable. I highly recommend …he is economical compared to hotel photographers and the pictures are exactly what I was hoping for. After the wedding is over and you fly home, he completes your edits quickly and sends the DVD of all the photos, as promised. I received my DVD and rights in 3 weeks. A big shout out to Caesars Juno Gardens, The Palette, Maggianos, Retro Bakery, Elvis and Joey!!! Perfect evening. 10/10

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 Sara C

We had never done a photoshoot before, so we didn’t really know what to expect. Joey arrived early and stayed late, was very professional and awesome to work with. He was also very responsive via email and gave us several great tips in the run-up to the wedding, as well as being... Read More very flexible. He delivered the photos in just a week and we are very happy with them! It is really hard to choose a wedding vendor when you live on another continent - choose Joey and you will be in safe hands. :)

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Jenn V

Joey was great from the moment we first contacted him. He was quick to respond and answered all of our questions. He photographed our wedding and engagement session while we were in Las Vegas. He was very helpful, flexible and went the extra mile for us. We were so happy with... Read More our photos and would recommend Joey in a second!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Amanda P

We used Joey for a 4 hour session on the wedding day in addition to a 2 hour engagement session that same weekend. We were traveling from out of state, so Joey was there to help us set up locations, obtain permits needed, etc. Joey assisted in me in making phone calls and... Read More sending emails, which was so greatly appreciated. He was so timely in all of his responses and helpful in answering any questions that I had (for several months). He was so courteous and professional, and really made my husband and I feel at ease, being that this was our first shoot. On our wedding day, Joey was so punctual and professional, which is appreciated on the wedding day. He took the lead and got all of the important "getting ready" shots without needing me to ask or dictate what I wanted. He led us around our venue and ensured that we got amazing shots within our time frame. I simply could not have been happier with his professionalism as well as his amazing photography skills. Now I have the most beautiful photos that will last a lifetime. I appreciate everything that Joey did for us and am so grateful.

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Jillian D

We used Joey to photograph our engagement and wedding photos in Las Vegas. Joey was always quick to respond to emails and phone calls. Since we were from out of state we relied on Joey for photography scenery. Joey knows his way around Vegas and he chose great locations for... Read More both our engagement and wedding photos. He gave us so many great photos from both sessions. He has an easygoing personality and made us feel comfortable while taking photos. We couldn't have been happier with the final product. We had so many good photos to share with our friends and family. We would highly recommend using joey for engagement and wedding photography!

Reviewed on 6/02/2016 Misty F

We used Joey for our wedding in May. He is a great photographer. His has amazing talent and captured the best moments. When we viewed the pictures, it took our breath away. He also was quick to respond to any questions and made a stressed out bride very happy with his excellent... Read More communication skills.

Joey is the best!

Reviewed on 11/05/2015 Christina D

Joey was so amazing! He was awesome to work with and gave us great direction, and is also just a really nice guy. We took most of our pictures before the ceremony so that afterwards we could just take the family/friends shots and then head right to the reception. We hired a limo... Read More to take us around for the pre-ceremony pics, I had a select few shots that I wanted and then I told Joey that I trusted his judgement with any other locations he thought would work. We got so many awesome pictures around the strip, he was wonderful at finding great backgrounds to use. I'm so glad I paid the outside vendor photography fee at Caesar's because the pictures he took of the ceremony (and after with our friends and family) were incredible as well. He works hard to get the right shot. We only booked him for 6 hours, but he arrived early and ended up staying late as well - even after he told us he was leaving, we saw he still stayed around for a while taking pictures of the food as it came out! I love all of the pictures he took and can't stop looking at them. He was just incredible and I'm so glad he was our photographer for our special day!!

Reviewed on 9/13/2015 Re B

Without question, one of the best decisions we made for our wedding was hiring Joey Allen for our photography. At our wedding and reception, it was like he was everywhere at once. He captured all kinds of incredible moments, including tons of amazing things my husband and I... Read More never even knew happened at the time -- and all in beautiful detail. (His website is very representative of his work -- our pictures are just as awesome as the ones in his galleries!!) It's worth noting that Joey has a very direct, no-nonsense approach; if you want schmoozing and sparkle, this is not your guy. If you want someone to get right down to business and take lots of REALLY GREAT documentary-style pictures, Joey is ABSOLUTELY your guy. Worth every penny, would hire again in a heartbeat, would recommend to anyone!

Reviewed on 8/13/2015 Jessica B

We hired Joey Allen to shoot our engagement photos, rehearsal dinner, and our wedding. Working with him was great and we were really happy with the end product. Joey is really good about responding to e-mail right away and he made some really great suggestions on the time line... Read More that really helped us organize the day of the wedding. We went to the Linq after the ceremony to take pictures before the reception and I am so glad that we followed his suggestion and booked a party bus instead of an SUV. There was plenty of space on the party bus and we all had a great time. I wanted mostly candid photos during our rehearsal dinner and he was great at capturing so many special moments. We had two children in our wedding party and he was able to capture the most adorable pictures of both of them. There were so many photos from each session and he gave them to us in both a web version and a high resolution format for printing. He works independently and he does his own lighting which turned out amazing. I had purple up lights for the reception and the room was very dark, so I was concerned that the pictures would not come out well, but they are actually amazing and I was really impressed with the way he was able to light the room. I am the type of person that likes to be in control of everything so I did make a lot of suggestions as far as what I wanted, but honestly my favorite photos are the pictures that were his idea and not mine. When you work with him, let him know what you want, but then let him make it happen because you will be very happy with the end result. We had one of the pictures from our engagement shoot blown up for our reception at home and the colors in photo are so amazingly vibrant and we received numerous compliments on the quality of the photo. The other thing I have to mention is that I was initially concerned with hiring Joey simply because he is one photographer and there are so many things happening that I felt I would need two people to be able to capture the events from every angle. However, Joey has an amazing ability to be in two places at one. To the surprise of everyone, my 8 year old daughter, the follower girl, decided to give a speech. Joey was able to capture photos of her during the speech as well as our reaction to it. It was one of the most emotional moments of the day we have photos from all angels. Our wedding was June 6th, 2015 in Las Vegas and I am so glad that we hired Joey to capture it.

Fantastic Photos!

Reviewed on 10/30/2013 Kira F

From the moment I contact Joey about photographing our wedding, he was quick to respond and was completely flexible. His portfolio was exactly what we were looking for in a photographer and his prices were within our budget. The day of the wedding Joey showed up early and stayed... Read More late. His artistic side was really evident and he made sure that the lighting and shadows were just right in every photo. During our reception he was snapping photos like crazy! I can't wait to see what the final product looks like. He got some really cool shots! Everyone was raving about him after the wedding.

Fantastic Photographer- GREAT Value!

Reviewed on 7/14/2013 Desiree O

We hired Joey to be our photographer for our wedding. After searching for many weeks to pick the best photographer, Joey seemed to deliver the best value. We wanted a photo journalistic style, and Joey totally delivered! We had him for 8 hours, he captured all of the big moments... Read More plus many more (he ended up shooting thousands of photos). We received our disc of all of the photos within a few weeks. If you are thinking of hiring Joey- GO for it!

He is awesome!

Reviewed on 10/16/2012 Malorie H

Joey Allen - A +infinity He. Was. Amazing. Book him immediately. I will wait while you do this. Done? Good. Ok, well this review is based on his performance the day of the wedding. We haven’t seen any pictures yet other than what he showed us on his camera, and I will... Read More complete a second review after we get the final product. He showed up on time (if not a little early) and immediately got to work. He didn’t wait for tons of direction from me, but instead wandered around, gathering up wedding things to photograph, taking candid shots, getting to know the wedding party, etc. He was very cool and laid back. It was very difficult for me to be serious in pictures (that whole looking off into the distance while looking like you are contemplating very important, worldly matters thing always makes me roll my eyes and giggle, only because I don’t take much seriously...clearly). He was patient and took time to give me direction, including showing me poses which “worked for my body,” and I took that as, “you look less awkward when you do this,” and I was happy to oblige. The man was a marathon runner that day. Good lord. I’m not kidding, he was literally sprinting from place to place to get different angles of us with a bunch of different cameras. I felt like I often looked like I was just standing there weirdly examining FI’s (henceforth referred to as Husband) pores, and he would then show us pictures that looked absolutely nothing like the lame posing thing I thought we were doing! It was like magic!! He also encouraged us to do fun things, like stand in elevators and kiss (there is a story there from our history), talk and laugh instead of be “SERIOUS FACE” and stand on top of 5 foot tall walls so he could take awesome pictures of us with the Vegas strip in the background.

Awesome

Reviewed on 10/25/2011 Catherine M

Joey was wonderful. He came early to make sure he got all the details and stayed later. I can't wait to see the pictures.

Faboulous Photographer

Reviewed on 10/11/2011 Jumy D

Joey was awesome from every aspect. He was very thorough with everything and arrived early on our wedding day. He even stayed after hours to capture more pictures. His prices are reasonable. He was easy to work with and very motivated to capture all the right moments and... Read More perfect shots.

Amazing photographer

Reviewed on 10/11/2010 Gara M

I can't say enough about how happy we were to work with Joey Allen. He was professional and very easy to work with. He put us at ease right away. The pictures are wonderful and I love how he was able to capture the memories of our wedding. It's like we have a storybook to... Read More look back upon that will keep the special day alive forever. I wish I could give him more than five stars :)

Wow!

Reviewed on 8/09/2010 Kristen H

Joey was awesome. He always gets back to your e-mails the same day and answers all your questions without making you feel like a bother. I'm sure I must have asked a million. His prices were reasonable for just a good photographer, however he is phenomenal. Our pictures look... Read More like they should be in a magazine and everyone tells us the same. The one thing we didn't want to cut corners on for the wedding was the photographer because your pictures last longer than your memories at times. He is like a hidden gem in Las Vegas... His work is breathtaking. I assumed he would cost twice as much and we still would have considered hiring him. Luckily, he is not greedy and sets his prices fair. He also stayed at least an hour and a half extra for free. Check out his website; his work speaks for itself.