We Produce Experiences

Welcome to MCR Productions, an elite group of professionals based out of Pennsylvania specializing in bringing your events to life. We are the region's most dynamic lighting company offering Uplighting, LED Furniture, Monograms, Pattern Projection, Elaborate Centerpieces, Furniture, and more!

Decorations + Accents, Draping

Pittston, PA Serving PA, NY, NJ, MD (570) 878-3320

No other vendor like MCR in Northeastern PA

Reviewed on 7/09/2014 Nicole S

I was married on June 21, 2014. The reception was held at the Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel in Scranton, PA. We hired MCR Productions to do our lighting/decor at the reception. In addition to lighting, MCR created a white vinyl dance floor, provided the photobooth,... Read More chiavari charis, linens, gold silverware, pipe/draping, and furniture for our cigar tent. I cannot express how wonderful it was to work with MCR, and its owner, John Phillips. From our first meeting, more than a year out from the wedding, John took my Mom and I for dinner and spent over 2 hours with us discussing my vision for the wedding. He had great and unique ideas, and anything I mentioned he made happen. There is no other vendor like MCR in Northeastern PA; they are truly unique and made my wedding one of a kind. They are also very easy to work with. Anytime I called or sent an email with a question, I received a response immediately. John took time to meet with me multiple times prior to the wedding and he also met with the other vendors I was working with to discuss the design of the room. MCR handled every detail, and I did not have to worry about a thing. MCR is a one stop shop (linens, chairs, dance floors, lighting, centerpieces - they have it all!) to make any wedding/event fabulous. When you hire them, you will not be disappointed!

UUU - The best band for your wedding. PERIOD!

Reviewed on 11/15/2013

I have been going to see UUU for years now, and I knew that I wanted them to play at my wedding before I even knew who the groom would be! They did a FANTASTIC job from start to finish. Organizing the details was seamless and easy, and communication is always very friendly and... Read More positive. Although they are such a fun band, they are very professional and take their jobs seriously. On the day of the wedding, the guys looked amazing and they truly took our wedding to the ultimate level. Everyone was engaged and dancing or watching and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. They involved the adults and the kids, and their song choices (I didn't give them any suggestions!) were perfect. They started off the evening with well known classic rock songs to get everyone dancing, and as the night went on they played all the current hits the younger guests wanted to hear. I danced all night with my friends and family. Thank you UUU! I HIGHLY recommend this band for your wedding. You will not be disappointed!

Best DJ EVER!!

Reviewed on 4/30/2013

Working with MCR Productions and DJ Marquis was one of the easiest parts of planning our wedding. The online tools MCR has made it convenient to set up all of our music and introductions online. Using the online tool was super easy rather than writing it all down on paper and... Read More chance forgetting something! The Top Playlists that MCR put together showed us what other couples had at their weddings and helped us figure out the kind of music we wanted to include during our reception. Speaking of our reception, the lighting MCR provided were just gorgeous! Marc (DJ Marquis) worked very closely with us to customize the up-lighting to match the colors of pink and purple that we chose for our wedding. He asked me to send him a picture of what I wanted our room to look like; well he made it look BETTER than that picture!! Our expectations were completely blown away. The room was romantic, bright and colorful – it set the tone for our guests and also for us as I thought we were walking into a posh night club instead of a banquet room! I loved that the up-lights transitioned between pink and purple throughout the evening. The dance lights kept everyone upbeat and the glow sticks were a simple, yet fun element for our guests to enjoy. Marc (DJ Marquis) was a pleasure to work with. He kept in contact with us in the months leading up to the wedding and made us feel confident in his reliability. He came out to our house to discuss our needs and plan the timeline for our reception. We were grateful for his experience and opinions; in the end he helped us identify a direction that was right for us. You will not find a more professional DJ than Marc as he was punctual, present, and engaging throughout our entire reception. His red suit was a total hit with our guests and his energy was contagious! We are so grateful to both MCR Productions and DJ Marquis for making our wedding an auditory and visual experience!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Jenna F

MCR handled the lighting at my (now) husband and my wedding this past weekend, and I can't say enough good things about them. We worked with John throughout the process, and he did everything to stay within our budget. From the first phone call to the wedding, he was an absolute... Read More pleasure to work with. We had a very specific, nontraditional vision for our wedding. It was a rave/club theme and we didn't want your standard, cheesy DJ lighting. We knew after our first conversation with John that he got it. He came the day before to set up and test the lighting, then ran everything live the day of. It was perfect. Without the work he put into it, our wedding would not have been what we wanted; he made our vision a reality. Our guests were impressed and had nothing but good things to say. I highly recommend John and MCR, and wouldn't hesitate to use them again on another event.

Reviewed on 2/23/2017 Sara M

MCR productions was absolutely amazing throughout our entire wedding process. We chose the starlight dance floor and gold chiavari chairs, both making our room beautiful! The dance floor was an absolute hit and really made our wedding stand out from others we attended at the... Read More same venue. John received many emails from me, all of which he answered the same day (if not same hour). He was without a doubt extremely professional and helpful with any question or advice we needed. Thank you MCR for being apart of our day and making planning so easy! There wasn't a worry from us knowing they'd do an amazing job. A very happy newlywed couple.

Reviewed on 1/13/2017 Matt R

MCR was fantastic to work with and did a great job with lighting and providing us a great DJ that really worked with us and fit our needs! They were very responsive and offered great advice when we needed it. The lighting and decorations they provided made our reception look... Read More great! We couldn't have asked for anything more

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Sarah R

A huge thanks to John and the team from MCR! They did our uplighting and provided linens for our recent wedding. The whole process was seamless and John was really helpful in guiding us towards an uplighting color scheme to make the room look perfect on the big day! The MCR team... Read More was very responsive to emails, flexible with their schedules (we were planning from out of town) and made the entire lighting/decor process simple and fun!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Laura .

We used MCR for our flowers and for our linens & centerpieces. Everything was PERFECT.We first met with John. He made us very excited about our big day. He made sure that the vision that we had was translated well to his team. Later we met with Brian, who helped us pick our... Read More linens and locked down our ideas. Brian made sure that the room looked absolutely stunning for our reception. He thought of every detail for the flowers as well. My bouquet was beautiful, the aisle and arch we got married under were also perfect. I cannot say enough good things about them. Had we known how great they were, we would have used them for our lighting and photobooth and everything else we could as well. I would highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Jacqueline S

When our wedding guests entered the reception area, they were literally blown away by the beauty and elegance of our table settings and chairs. John and his staff at MCR Productions were delightful to work with and we appreciated how quickly they responded to our phone calls... Read More and emails. We had an idea of how we wanted the venue to look, and MCR's helpful suggestions and advice brought our idea life, beautifully!

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Tamara D

My review is a little bit delayed - but MCR provided and set up cafe lights and 6 wine barrel cocktail tables for our cocktail hour. It was worth every penny. The cafe lights looked perfect and was just the look I was going for! I walked through the cocktail hour area for my... Read More walk down the aisle and it was the perfect setting. Thanks again!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kristina C

Unbelievable!!!!! John was amazing from the first moment I met him. I booked MCR for my DJ and my photo booth. My DJ Ryan, well phenomenal, he was just so awesome and so much fun. He kept everyone going and his energy was just the absolute best and the photobooth and the staff... Read More for that were so much fun and really helped along to have a fun time. John and his staff are first rate and I couldn't imagine how boring it would have been without them. Thank you so much guys for everything you contributed to my wedding day. We will definitely be using you guys for our anniversary party!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 William and Linda M

MCR was fantastic! John of MCR was wonderful to work with. Very fair and flexible. They transposed what could have been a drab space into something beautiful. My daughter's wedding was a huge success, and MCR contributed to that. Thanks again MCR.

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Julianne M

MCR Productions has by far exceeded my expectations. Never did I think I could have the wedding of my dreams in Scranton, PA. They transformed the Radisson Hotel into a mystical blue crystal wonderland! The hotel is beautiful on its own, so to have transformed it so elegantly... Read More beyond words was a job only MCR could have done. I heard my guests say "I was at a wedding here a few weeks ago and tonight I feel like I am in a completely different place!" With MCR, I did not have worries about anything. John Phillips made suggestions throughout our meetings and let me tell you; his ideas are out of this world! I was allowed to say "No" to him as well; we only ended up with what we wanted and could fit in our budget. We used new acrylic tables for the head table and the draping behind us was so beautiful. The entire room was a magical wonderland that made me feel safe and happy on the most important day of my life. I forgot where I was all night; which is what made the night so enchanting for everyone there! the dance floor wasn't empty for a minute (thanks to our DJ who was booked through MCR as well!) THANK YOU A MILLION TIMES. If you're getting married and you're not booking MCR, your wedding will be missing out!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Meera J

John & MCR Productions were the best vendors we worked with for our two-day Indian wedding. John's attention to detail, constant communication and expertise in design and lighting helped our vision come alive. Our guests were also blown away by the look of everything and how... Read More magical, yet different, all three events looked. I would highly recommend John and his team to anyone getting married.

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Erica S

Great selection of tablecloths, chargers, chair rentals. Extremely prompt response to all phone calls or emails.

Reviewed on 6/28/2016

If you don't take advantage of using this company, you are truly missing out. They made my wedding MAGICAL! Everything was perfect, they were responsive and easy to work with! I was planning a wedding from 3 hours away, and they accommodated my crazy schedule. Awesome people to... Read More work with

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Kelly B

MCR did an amazing job for our wedding! Very professional and it was very easy for me to add on things as the wedding approached!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Allison L

MCR Productions was the perfect addition to our wedding day vendors! We had originally found John and his company at a local bridal show when seeking out places to rent black chiavari chairs. We were able to meet with John and briefly discuss the different options available... Read More with MCR – there were so many! John was able to share in our vision and theme and ask all the right questions as we planned our wedding. He met with us at our venue several times and really seemed to go above and beyond with his quick e-mail responses and attention to detail. We were able to rent chairs and chargers with MCR that really polished the look of our tables. Also, MCR provided uplighting for the space. The uplighting that they provided was top notch. John was able to meet with us and really find the perfect shade of amber to make the whole room glow. Overall, our experience with MCR was wonderful. I would highly recommend John and MCR Productions to any future couples looking to really make their wedding a beautiful event!

Reviewed on 4/15/2016 Amanda N

For those of you that don't read long reviews, book MCR! For those of you that prefer details... We utilized MCR for the uplighting, DJ services, linen/napkin rentals, chair rentals, and sweetheart table design. We had the pleasure of working with Jenn for our planning... Read More process and did she have her work cut out! We initially had a meeting to get a feeling of what MCR could offer us and to give our visions for the wedding. We had no idea what we were looking for so there really wasn't much of a vision, but that was fine. Jenn was incredibly patient and with her guidance and organization our wedding came together to be better than we could have ever even imagined. I truly would recommend working with MCR on any of your wedding needs. They are kind and honest. We had a few moments of being uncertain what to choose in colors etc.. Jenn was always there not to push product on us but to give her honest opinion to ensure we would be happy. A true professional. The quality of the rentals we utilized were top notch. Our guests were blown away with the effect of the uplighting I really cannot say enough positive comments about our experience. I am so grateful we didn't consider attempting the "DIY" route. It was worth every penny to have such an organized planning process and it turn out gorgeous. We had the enjoyment of having DJ John A for our cocktail hour and reception. He made sure he kept the party going! He was by no means a cliche wedding DJ. John was great at reading the dance floor and knowing when to throw in a different genre of songs to pull more people out dancing. I have never had so much fun in my life! I was genuinely impressed with John's fun personality and how special he made our wedding.

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Marcus M

DJ Marquis did our wedding on June, 2015. My wife and I worked with DJ Marquis from the very beginning to ensure our reception was exactly how we wanted it. We have a huge family who love to dance and he became a part of our family that night. He was out on the dance floor with... Read More us and kept the energy up all night. He was very professional from the beginning and was detailed to ensure all of our dreams were met. DJ Marquis came out on the dance floor to dance to New Kids on the Block with me - unforgettable! DJ Marquis truly is a first class entertainer!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Marcus M

Simply the Best of the Best

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 MaiLynn N

What can I say about MCR.. Words cannot describe how much they have done for my wedding on October 3rd. I met with John soon after I was engaged to talk about things. I contacted him so early (basically a week after being engaged) I thought he would think I was crazy. Not the... Read More case. It gave him and his team ample amount of time to strategize and come up with the perfect day for me!! MCR provided my linens, up lighting, center pieces, photo booth and DJ for my wedding. All were nothing less than spectacular. My tables were navy blue, silver/white with a pop of yellow. The MCR hit the nail on the head when they worked with my florist to design the tables. The lanterns and “Mai-Tree” worked perfectly. A little bit of preppy rustic just as I had envisioned. Our photo booth was a HUGE hit with our guests! I got to customize a lot of the screens that were displayed to my guests. I am in love with monograms and it was a theme to my wedding. MCR let me plop my monogram on just about every screen imaginable to be able to personalize. I was also able to choose 2x6 photo strips one for guests one for us. As I look back to the photo album I cannot stop laughing at all the great photos. We had DJ Marquis as a DJ – he got me. He understood everything I wanted. He worked with me closely to ensure it was everything I wanted. He also played a traditional Vietnamese song for my father daughter dance that everyone loved. John was always available night or day if I had questions or concerns. His team was very responsive to the million emails that I sent. I cannot say how much easier they made my day.. or 886 days leading up to my wedding. From the start I felt like I was in good hands. MCR is the way to go!! Thank you for making October 3rd a day to remember!! 

Everything was perfect!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015

MCR understood exactly what my vision was and they executed it flawlessly. They gave me many options to choose from when it came to linens, lighting and centerpieces, so I was able to create something unique. I did not have to worry about a thing and I would recommend them to... Read More anyone!

An amazing day

Reviewed on 7/21/2015

From my first meeting with John to the wedding day I couldn't have asked for more wonderful people to help plan a wedding with. We used MCR for many of the services they offer. DJ Marquis was awesome, the photographers Chad and Erin were Amazing !!! They made you feel... Read More comfortable. We also got the Miami sectional couch for our guest to relax on, rather than sitting at the tables all night. A monogram to shine on the wall ( which is yours to keep for further use). And as our favor we rented a photo booth. All our guest enjoyed that. You get to take a 4x6 picture home with you, and they also make you a memory book of the evening and a USB, with all your pictures and video messages from your guests. If your planning a wedding MCR Productions is a one stop shop. You can't ask for more wonderful people to work with to help plan the most special day you will have. You will not be disappointed !!!! My wedding was BEAUTIFUL !!

LED star dance floor

Reviewed on 6/18/2015 Maura B

Amazing floor! They lit it up right at the start of our first dance. It's incredible! Great and helpful staff as well.