The Perfect Wedding Starts Here.

Powerstation Events Photography team is second to none! Our team has just the right mix of creativity and imagination to capture the moments you'll cherish for years to come. We utilize the latest in digital photographic equipment and precesses to preserve your memories in a clean, timeless, unique style.

Online Proofing

1718 Highland Avenue, Cheshire, CT (203) 250-8500

Reviewed on 5/11/2017 Madison N

Powerstation Events is amazing! Our wedding photographer, Kelsey C., is the best! From our engagement session to our wedding, she made us feel comfortable in front of the camera. She made sure we had all the shots we wanted. She captures all the details so elegantly. Absolutely... Read More love all the photos she took. So happy we went with Powerstation Events services!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Becky C

Heather went above-and-beyond as the photographer for our wedding. She made sure my veil was falling nicely at the ceremony and even had a sewing kit on hand to fix two of my bridesmaids’ dresses. She made sure to capture all the shots I requested while dealing with my groom who... Read More hates getting his picture taken. I haven’t gotten the pictures back yet but I know they will be fantastic, judging by how the engagement pictures came out. Overall, Heather did a great job and I am so glad I went with Powerstation!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Arlinda C

We had Chris V. do our Wedding DJ and he was the best! He met with us to get to know the type of music we wanted, and went over all of the songs for the first dances, and Chris was able to have everything go off smoothly, and did a great job keeping the party going up until the... Read More very end. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a professional DJ that knows how to get the guests out of their chairs and on the dance floor!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Angela S

We used Powerstation for our photographer, Hannah, and our DJ, Dave. Hands down they are the best out there. We loved Hannah right from the beginning. We had so much in common and she knew exactly what our visions were. She got some amazing shots from our wedding and I am so... Read More glad we chose her to work with. Dave was so fun to work with. He knew exactly what to play and when to play it. You could tell he could read the people on the dance floor. Months later, we are still getting compliments about both of them. I look forward to working with both Hannah and Dave in the future and would recommend them to everyone.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Ashley B

This is fabulous one stop shopping here people. We used the photography, DJ, and floral services and could not have been happier!!! We live out of state and have super demanding jobs that don't allow us to make phone calls, and the Powerstation peeps were more than happy to... Read More correspond via email and meet us at our convenience. Our photographer unfortunately doesn't work there anymore, but if you are looking for a fun and current set list then Chris is the DJ for you! We highly recommend ALL of their services!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Ellen P

We had Kevin as our wedding dj. He went above and beyond all our expectations. He checked in with us on song requests to ensure we approved of anything our guests requested. He played all our must plays and kept the party going all night. Our wedding venue has a beautiful... Read More patio and he went outside numerous times to ensure we wanted to be outside and not that we had an issue with the music. He was truly wonderful.

Reviewed on 7/03/2016 Ashley T

Heather was our photographer and I cannot explain how amazing all of our photos came out so far from the wedding ( we were just married two weeks ago so we have only seen a few so far) BUT if they are anything like our engagement photos, they will be absolutely gorgeous. I... Read More cannot explain how many compliments we received from just our engagement photos! Heather and her assistant Kelsey were extremely prepared,professional, nice, and helped with everything ! When my bustle broke on my dress, Heather was right there ready to help sew it back in ! If you want your pictures to be unique and stunning , go with this group of photographers. She is not pushy or controlling like a few other photographers we interviewed and she definitely works with you to create photos that are personalized and are true to the couples style. It was very nice to have a photographer who could gather and track down all the necessary family members , bridal party members etc when ever it was needed and it really took the pressure off me as the bride and I could actually enjoy the day. The photo packages are on the expensive side but very much worth it !!

Reviewed on 7/02/2016 Kasia J

We had an amazing experience with Rich! He played exactly the right music we talked about and kept the audience involved (but wasn't too over the top!) He also made important wedding announcements throughout the celebration. Would definitely recommend him

Reviewed on 6/21/2016 Michele H

I was so happy with the work Powerstation did for my wedding. Chris, our DJ, did an amazing job keeping our guests happy and dancing; everything we wanted! Mandie did a fabulous job setting up our ceremony room. It turned out better than I could have ever imagined. She was... Read More awesome about doing what I wanted, but also adding her own touches to everything. Heather, our photographer, took amazing pictures! She was easy to work with and had an amazing eye for some really great and creative shots. A wonderful company and group of people to work with!!

Reviewed on 6/10/2016 Ashley J

We hired a duet for the ceremony and DJ for the reception. The musicians were amazing and easy to work with and it sounded amazing. Our DJ Dave Salonia was also perfect. He was very energetic and got our guests on the dance floor which is what we asked for. Powerstation overall... Read More was great from initial booking to day of wedding.

Reviewed on 5/27/2016 Jennifer B

I am not happy with my wedding photographer. She went from being nice and sweet and making us feel confident that we made a great choice to someone whose vision of what she thought we wanted completely dominated our first look and our wedding pictures. Neither my husband or I... Read More felt like what we wanted the day of the wedding was clearly heard. We hated the forced, cheesy poses and the "HOLD THAT KISS" commands. I, as a bride, did not feel confident or even pretty-never mind beautiful on my wedding day. If you are an older couple that is laid back and wants more natural pictures, skip Powerstation. If you are a younger, rowdier wedding party and you want your wedding to be pinterest perfect, you will be happy.

Reviewed on 5/25/2016 Kai Z

Kelsey worked on our wedding on May 21st, 2016. She is a professional and talented photographer, who is able to capture a series of important and touched wedding moments. We really love the pictures she shot.

Reviewed on 5/23/2016 Laura T

We used Powerstation Events for our wedding a few weeks ago and could not be happier with our decision. They are truly a one-stop shop which made the planning process so easy. We worked with Todd as our coordinator and he was so professional and so quick to respond when a... Read More question came up. Our photographers were Heather and Kelsey and they were so great to work with! We're not really picture people and hadn't ever had professional photos taken and these girls made the experience so easy...they put us in poses that were natural to us and made sure every shot was going to be perfect. At the end of the night before they left Heather asked if there was anything else we wanted or needed from her and she stayed a few minutes extra just to snap a few shots that I requested. We cannot wait to see the final product! Our videographer was Matt and he was great as well... A true sign to a good videographer is one that you don't even realize is there but is capturing every moment. I have been to a few weddings where the videographer is in your face and makes you uncomfortable, he did not act like that at all. David was our DJ and he kept the party going the entire night. When we met with him over the phone one of my fears was a wedding where no one danced and he made sure that did not happen, the dance floor was full the entire time! I'm so happy we chose him to entertain our guests. We also used the photo booth which our guests seemed to love!! I just wish I had more time to get in it myself. It was full of props and the attendant put together a great photo album for us to take home at the end of the night. Power station was such a professional company and easy one to work with I would definitely recommend them to anyone getting married that is looking for a well respected group of people to make their day so special. Thank you!!

Quick and efficient

Reviewed on 1/21/2016 Nikolaus C

We had Heather as a photographer and she was great. She got the groupings/shots ahead of time and was quick and efficient in getting the various groups together. I haven't seen the finished product yet, so this review is just for the process. Overall, painless for a bride who... Read More hates photographs!

David was awesome!

Reviewed on 11/03/2015

We had David DJ our wedding on October 17, 2015. He was amazing! He had so much energy and kept everyone on the dance floor until the last song! He also went above and beyond and cut our wedding song so our dance would end on a perfect note. I couldn't have asked for a better... Read More DJ- David was fun, energetic, and took the time to get to know us as a couple before the wedding to make sure our night was perfect! I would highly recommend Powerstation and definitely suggest David!

Jon kept the party going!

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Ashley R

From the moment we met Jon, we knew we had the right DJ. He was down to earth and knew exactly how we wanted the night to be! We weren't looking for a 'club-like' atmosphere, but your typical 'keep everyone dancing and happy' DJ and not the self-promoting, in-your-face type DJ.... Read More Jon walked us through every step of the night in our meeting and knew all the songs we wanted to play. I had a couple choreographed dances, one for the bridal party and the father/daughter dance. Jon had us cued up perfectly. He did hiccup only on the order of the toasts and the mother/son and father/daughter dances, but that was easily remedied. He was the perfect balance of being involved. He also figured out very quickly my love of dancing and always had the right group dances to keep everyone on the dance floor. He made sure that everyone was having a blast!

Beautiful Flowers

Reviewed on 9/03/2015 Elizabeth M

The flowers for the day of the wedding were beautiful. They set them up perfectly and provided tissue paper and wrap for us to take the flowers home in. It was a little expensive and they weren't super respectful of my budget when we were working on a plan for the wedding.... Read More It seemed a little disorganized (I know the florist branch of powerstation is newer than the other branches). One woman that I spoke with (Brenda) was extremely knowledgeable, kind, and helpful- I wish I had just worked with her the whole time.

Decor

Reviewed on 8/04/2015 Lindsey H

Mandi and her team at Powerstation worked with us to design the decor for our wedding at The Connecticut Science Center. She was flexible within our budget and went back and forth through email to send ideas and pictures. We used a combination of her materials and materials I... Read More had purchased or made. A few weeks before the wedding, all I had to do was drop off the boxes with instructions and they did the rest. They completed the entire set up, breakdown and even stored our materials for us until after our honeymoon so we didn't have to worry about them after the wedding. They used lighting, lanterns, flowers and a carpet to transform an Imax theater into an intimate space for our ceremony that felt personal. We also used Powerstation's DJ, Kevin, and he was great. Flexible, personable and played everything we wanted. I definitely recommend their services.

DO NOT RECOMMEND

Reviewed on 11/18/2014 Jennifer C

Very unprofessional. They do not communicate well not provide much information. Took months to receive photos. There was no a single picture of myself with my mom. She told the photographer and still didn't take any. Photos were not even that great. You only get married once and... Read More the photos are your memories to share. Very disappointed and upset. Please look for a better company

Heather is extremely talented!

Reviewed on 6/19/2014 Alyse S

For my wedding on May 30, 2014 we hired Heather Colt from Powerstation events as our photographer. She is absolutely brilliant. After our initial meeting we did our engagement photos with her. She took us to an area I had driven past a million times but didn't realize how... Read More beautiful and perfect it was until she started to pose us. We aren't used to having our photos taken but she really captured us at our best moments and gave us simple and easy to follow directions. She was so happy and caring that it made for such a comfortable and fun photoshoot. Not to mention the pictures were stunning! When we met with her before the wedding she asked many questions so she would not have to bug anyone the day of the wedding. She wrote down the names of family members and special photos we wanted taken. (Thank goodness because we would have forgotten). Powerstation is very organized and has a receptionist in the office at all times so they are easy to call. Our contract was very clear and specific and the paperwork to fill out was easy but very detailed (as it should be!) We hired another Powerstation photographer to work with the groom and his groomsmen as they got ready and then at the ceremony which was Hannah. She was perfect for the boys. She was able to get them to focus and capture the photos that were important to me (the bride). I love how she was able to realize what needed to be done and make it happen. The two photographers worked together perfectly to capture all the angles of our ceremony and reception. They were both very friendly and easy to talk to. They didn't miss a single moment either. Their upbeat personality and exceptional professionalism was just what we needed. I would highly recommend them. You won't be let down.

Hannah Colt- Simply the best

Reviewed on 5/15/2014 Allison E

Hannah Colt's work is beautiful. Her professionalism, positive attitude, and eye for the right pictures have left us with stunning photos and lasting memories to carry with us forever.

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 5/05/2014 Denise s

As soon as we met with Heather we knew she would be the perfect person to save our moments for us! She did not disappoint us at all! Before I forget... Spring for 2 photographers! It is so wonderful to be able to choose which angles of so many memories you want to cherish... Read More forever! Heather and Stacey were so friendly, FUN, and really just fit right in with my family... It was like we had friends documenting our day with us-- friends that were AMAZING photographers, seamstresses, florists, peacemakers (lol!) and so many other things rolled into one. They had great plans for us and were so organized that we were able to get shots all over the place and still ran on time. Before meeting Heather, I had a major fear we would end up missing the entire reception taking pictures, but Heather and Stacey made sure to let us have our fun and the candids were awesome! Heather was really flexible with us from START (can we have an engagement session? on second thought, can we not have an engagement and instead start at this time? oh, wait can we start at this other time instead?) to FINISH (we are a Modern American Family, so there are step-parents and step-siblings to get photographed and Heather nailed every permutation of our families!!!) The editing- We got so many pics to choose from, and they were separated by timeline so it is less overwhelming. Powerstation uses Pictage which makes ordering super easy too! Also, they took out a ton of the guess work by posting pics in both color and B&W so you get an idea of what you want and how. I could go on and on and on about how great Powerstation is, and how lucky we were to have Heather and Stacey, but you should stop reading and call them!

The best decision we made!

Reviewed on 1/08/2014 Sherryl H

Heather was our photographer from Powerstation events. We went there first on a recommendation for a DJ and picked her because my husband and I both had a good feeling after meeting her. Heather did our engagement photos in the summer and we had a hard time picking photos... Read More because we had so many great shots to choose from. Heather treated us like we were good friends, easily getting along with everyone in the bridal party and our families. On the day of the wedding, Heather encouraged us to brave the snow to get some beautiful shots by the pond and her artistic talent was clear at night outside under the lights. She took professionalism beyond photography and helped me when my dress got dirty and acted as an emergency seamstress when the mother of the groom’s dress ripped. She really went above and beyond to help our day go seamlessly.

Amazing

Reviewed on 11/05/2013 Brittany B

We hired Heather for our photographer, and couldn't have been more pleased. She was on everything to make sure she achieved the perfect shot. You can tell she is someone who takes pride in their work. We can't wait to see our pictures!

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Amanda C

We used Powerstation for a several aspects of our wedding: the photo booth, the live music, and, of course, the DJ. First, the photo booth was a huge hit! The guests were in there all night and had a blast. Brittany was the attendant and was extremely sweet and had a great... Read More energy. The photo booth was huge and came with so many props. We received a scrapbook AND a flash drive with all the photos - and we can't stop looking at them! The only thing I would have changed was that the photo booth also recorded videos, and no one really knew (including myself). We got about 6 videos, but if I'd known (or maybe remembered?) that it did videos I would have put up a sign to remind people. This is REALLY not a issue, but just one tiny thing. Second, we had Lorena Garay do guitar for our ceremony and the Harold Zinno Agency jazz trio during the cocktail hour. Not only were all the musicians extremely talented and professional, but they were so very nice. They played our selections beautifully and we got so many compliments. Finally, Todd Armstrong was our DJ. We chose him because he met with us as the Powerstation representative at our first meeting and he was just too fun not to have at the wedding. From the get-go he was professional, honest, organized, and super responsive. At first I thought I had all these opinions about what I absolutely wanted to have play and what I absolutely didn't want to have played, but at our final meeting I just told him to go with his gut. And the music was phenomenal! Several times throughout the night he was quick on his feet and inserted a song (Star Wars theme after the best man's toast) or played a last minute song request. His intro mixes for the bridal party and for us were flawless. There were a million details that we noticed throughout the night and were just blown away by the music. And, most importantly, he had a great energy, got people dancing, kept the night moving smoothly, and threw in a few jokes. We can't say enough about Todd!

Meet The Manager

Heather Colt Wirsing

My goal is to capture each couple in the most natural way. I don't take my self too seriously and can certainly command the attention of even the rowdiest of bridal parties. I have over 10 years of photography experience, and I am a member of PPA (Professional Photographers of America) and a certified Nikon Pro Photographer. I love what I do and look forward to working with you.