Love Actually Quotes We Actually Love!
Spring has sprung and Christmas is a mere memory, but don’t pack up your favorite holiday spirit-filled movies just yet. In case you missed it, the cast of Love Actually is reuniting for a short-length sequel called Red Nose Day Actually. The sequel premieres on Friday, March 24 (it airs May 25 on NBC) in conjunction with Red Nose Day, a charity founded in part by Richard Curtis, the screenwriter for Love Actually. Red Nose Day is a Hollywood-sponsored children’s charity that’s raised more than $1 billion over the past 25 years. To get you in the Love Actually mood despite halls no longer decked, here are our favorite Love Actually quotes to help set the spring scene. After all, ‘tis the season to brush up on all of the intertwined couples’ stories featured in this holiday romcom hit where love proves the one emotion to connect us all.
Best Love Actually Quotes
Featuring an ensemble British cast filled with big names like Alan Rickman, Liam Neeson, Keira Knightley, Emma Thompson, Colin Firth, and so many more, Love Actually quotes are abundant. At once hilarious and touching, Love Actually is one of our favorite movies of all time, and here’s a sampling of quotes that remind us why.
- “Invite him out for a drink and then, after about twenty minutes, casually drop into the conversation the fact that you'd like to marry him and have lots of sex and babies.” – Harry, Love Actually
- “Well, we need Kate and we need Leo, and we need them now.” – Daniel, Love Actually
- “Beautiful Aurelia, I've come here with a view of asking you to marriage me. I know I seems an insane person—because I hardly knows you—but sometimes things are so transparency, they don't need evidential proof. And I will inhabit here, or you can inhabit with me in England.” – Jamie, Love Actually
- “No, I'm wise. Stateside I am Prince William without the weird family.” – Colin, Love Actually
- “Jamie's friends are so good looking! He never tells me this. I think, maybe now I have made the wrong choice? Picked wrong Englishman?” – Aurelia, Love Actually
- “I’ll be hanging around the mistletoe, hoping to be kissed.” – Mia, Love Actually
- "I'm on Shag Highway heading West!" – Colin, Love Actually
- “Tell her that you love her. You’ve got nothing to lose and you’ll always regret it if you don’t.” – Daniel, Love Actually
- “Definitely go for England, girl. You'll meet Prince William—then you can marry him instead.” – Sophia Barros, Love Actually
- “Thank you, sir. I did have an awful premonition that I was gonna fuck up on the first day. Oh, piss it!” – Natalie, Love Actually
Mark (Andrew Lincoln), Love Actually Quotes
Andrew Lincoln may now be well known for his role as Rick Grimes on The Walking Dead. But years before he was slaying zombies, he tried to steal Juliet’s heart in his role as Mark. And even though he never spoke the words out loud, his cue card lines might be among the most well-known (and parodied) of all the Love Actually quotes.
With any luck, by next year
I'll be going out with one of these girls...
[Pictures of models]
But for now, let me say,
without hope or agenda,
just because it's Christmas—
(and at Christmas you tell the truth)
to me, you are perfect
and my wasted heart will love you
until you look like this...
[picture of the mummy]
Sam (Thomas Brodie-Sangster), Love Actually Quotes
Perhaps the youngest of the Love Actually cast, Sam’s view of love through the lens of young eyes reminds us of those first-time feelings and how crushes could rock your world. We’ll never forget that victorious smile at the airport!
- “But the truth is, I’m in love and there’s nothing I can do about it.”
- “The thing about romance is people only get together right at the very end.”
- “Let’s get the shit kicked out of us by love!”
- “Worse than the total agony of being in love?”
Karen (Emma Thompson), Love Actually Quotes
Though her marriage may be coming to an end, Karen doesn’t disappoint with Love Actually quotes that give an honest look at unconditional love through the eyes of a mother, sister and friend.
- “True love lasts a lifetime.”
- “There was more than one lobster at the birth of Jesus?”
- "Get a grip; people hate sissies. No one's ever going to shag you if you cry all the time."
Billy Mack (Bill Nighy), Love Actually Quotes
As the aging rock and roll legend, Billy Mack (Bill Nighy) is the Love Actually character who, while weathered in love—or at least lust—opens viewers’ eyes to the truth of his in-movie hit Christmas song title: “Love Is All Around.”
- “And I realized that, as dire chance and... and... and fateful cockup would have it, here I am, mid-50s, and without knowing it I've gone and spent most of my adult life with a... with a chubby employee. And... and much as it grieves me to say it, it... it might be that the people I love is, in fact... you.”
- “I left Elton John's, where there were a hefty number of half-naked chicks with their mouths open, to hang out with you, at Christmas. It's a terrible mistake, Chubs, but you turn out to be the fucking love of my life. And to be honest, despite all my complaining, we have had a wonderful life.”
- “When I was young and successful, I was greedy and foolish, and now I'm left with no one. Wrinkled and alone.”
Prime Minister (Hugh Grant), Love Actually Quotes
Prime Minister David (Hugh Grant) is responsible for the pointed and moving Love Actually opening quote, but when it comes to the rest of the movie, the Prime Minister’s role feels less bureaucratic and much more comedic—and we couldn’t love that more.
- “If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around.”
- "Who do you have to screw around here to get a cup of tea and a chocolate biscuit?"
- "I had an uncle called Terence once. Hated him. I think he was a pervert. But I very much like the look of you."