BEHIND THE SCENE SOUNDS Award Winning DJ Service

Northern Calif

Voted Best DJ 5 years in a row by The Knot!

Find out what all the Buzz is about at Behind the Scene Sounds! Since 1998 our award winning DJ's & MC's have entertained at over 1000 weddings. We understand this is the most important day of your life. Our greatest reward is to see you dance, party and have an amazing time!

Classical, Country, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Indian, Latin, Persian, World Music

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

8447 Modena Way, Elk Grove, CA Northern Calif (916) 912-2876

A Love Divine

Reviewed on 9/27/2013 Tia B

To say that our expectations were exceeded thru the whole process of our wedding working with BTS would be an understatement. Not only were they more than helpful from the gate, but their professionalism and expertise provided us comfort knowing they would make our day nothing... Read More short of amazing. Dee and Elizabeth became like family to us, and on our wedding day they were at our beckoning call even when they were not required to be. With all of the hoopla of the day and keeping up with schedule, we came back in from taking our pictures and the guests were not even close to dying down. There were things they provided that we had no clue would be part of our evening, and the tandem worked extremely well together in the transitioning of music, announcements, and overall vibrancy of the evening. I'd like to think they were our MVP's when it came to our vendors. The lighting and monogram were spot on of what we asked for, and complimented the colors of the wedding to a tee. When everyone that attended the wedding continually tells us that it was the best wedding they have ever been to, and that the music was perfectly put and ambiance appropriate, BTS definitely held a lot of that responsibility. I would have them at a house party, graduations, shoot even a funeral. They hold a special place in our hearts for their services, and we are forever in their gratitude. To top it off, we both now share the same wedding anniversary :) Thank you Dee and Elizabeth for your exceptional services.

Phenomenal Service

Reviewed on 9/15/2013 Lindsey C

Elizabeth was great to work with, she was always helpful, responsive and professional. Their team helped make the entire wedding run smoothly and kept our guests having a great time. We loved working with Behind the Scene Sounds and were very pleased with all their DJ, MC and... Read More lighting services.

Absolutely love behind the scenes!

Reviewed on 8/14/2013 Jamie B

When I first started planning my wedding 8 months ago I wasn't sure where to even start but I did have a vision in mind. Finally after so much research I came across Dee and Elizabeth. I booked with them before I had ever even met them and it was the best decision! My husband... Read More and I met with them for the first time about month and a half before the wedding and sat down with them for almost 3 hours covering every little detail of the wedding. It was fabulous. They have so many wonderful ideas. They are so caring and they totally understood my vision! Come my wedding day they completely transformed my boring hall and it looked SO stunning with all the lighting they did. And the music and entertainment they offered was phenomenal! All my guests said it was one of the most fun if not the most fun wedding they had ever been too! Thank you so much Elizabeth and Dee. You guys went above and beyond to make my day so special and you guys are truly amazing!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Katie G

BTS did an AMAZING job being not only a great DJ but an awesome Master of Ceremonies. Everyone stayed on the dance floor all night and BEGGED for one more song. I am extremely please with not only the night of the wedding service but the attention to details throughout the... Read More planning process. BTS works directly with your venue and vendors so you can enjoy the day and not sweat the small stuff or schedule. I never felt like I was alone in planning songs, Elizabeth had suggestions and nailed our musical style perfectly. I will most definitely use them again in the future and STRONGLY Suggest that everyone use them, BTS will make your day even more special.

Reviewed on 9/30/2016 Lindsey P

Wow!! We loved working with Elizabeth. It was such a fun, easy, and comfortable process. It is very clear that she is experienced in what she does and i love that its a family business and local. Between BTSS and our photographers (A moment of Joy), they were the two BEST... Read More components to my wedding day. Everyone loved the music and it was incredibly fun and entertaining. I highly recommend doing the "kissing game" that Elizabeth offers. It was hilarious and everyone loved it. I would hire BTSS again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 7/11/2016

words cant explain how amazing this group is! I am so blessed and honored to have work with such a very humble and beautiful person who knows exactly your vision and taste you like. Elizabeth is such a sweet and reasonable person to work with. she and her team has made me and my... Read More husband day so BEAUTIFUL and JAW DROPPING! love her inside and out. since day one, shes had been nothing but so positive and encouraging and made it so less stress for me and the hubs!. when she says she'll take care of you, damn it she will take care of you lol. THANK YOU SO MUCH ELIZABETH for such GORGEOUS JOB you and your team had put together for and my husbands day!. til this day we cannot STOP talking about it as well as our family members!. may you be blessed in so many ways and that you grow far beyond that you could ever imagine! we love you! we look forward on working with you in the near future!

Best DJ's Ever!!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Donna O

I can't say enough about this amazing group of DJ's. I had two son's getting married three weeks apart and we used Behind the Scene Sounds for both events...a little background about me. I've been involved in wedding reception decor and catering events for many years and have... Read More seen my share of DJ's. Elizabeth, Mike & Troy are FAR above every other DJ company I've come across! I met Elizabeth at a bridal show and instantly had a really good feeling about her. She took the time to talk to me about the two event dates I needed and was very grateful that I asked how she would run a reception. Because a DJ can make or break your event! She gave me all of the right answers so I booked them right on the spot. We started off by meeting with Elizabeth to go over our reception timeline. She went over everything in detail which was a relief that we now had one less thing to worry about. Elizabeth & Troy DJ'd the first reception, Mike & Troy DJ'd the second. Both receptions were a blast! They ran both of them above and beyond my expectations! Elizabeth and Troy were fantastic during our backyard reception.Playing the music at the perfect volume during cocktail hour & dinner, getting all of our guests through the buffet in a fun way that everyone enjoyed. They played games with the bride, groom and our guests, then pumped it up to get everyone out on the dance floor to have a great rest of the evening. Our second reception was a formal reception. Mike & Troy were our DJ's for this event. I just want to start out by saying, I've never had so many compliments to what an amazing reception we hosted. (and again, I've done wedding receptions for years) I have to thank Behind The Scene Sounds for that compliment! Mike & Troy were fabulous! We had a snag with the food, the restaurant didn't have our food delivered by the time we were supposed to be eating but Mike did his magic and not one person at the reception knew. He played a few games and kept everyone so entertained that no one even saw the food going into the chafers. Whew! Now that's entertaining a group of 200 guests!!! I could go on forever about this amazing team of DJ's but more than anything, they have your back, hold down the show, and keep everyone so entertained that your guests will all walk away with a smile. I highly recommend Behind the Scene Sounds for all of your events! I will definitely be using them for my two daughter's and one more son's weddings! Thank you, Elizabeth, Mike & Troy!!! It was truly a pleasure working with you!

Perfect team

Reviewed on 10/19/2015

We couldn't have chosen a better service for our daughter's wedding reception. Everyone at Behind the Scenes (BTS) was so friendly and professional, from the moment we met with Elizabeth to choose songs, to the reception where Troy masterfully and seamlessly ran the perfect... Read More music, and MC Mike, with his great voice and sense of humor, had everyone laughing and dancing all night. The music, games, and jokes were family friendly and spanned the decades of guests, who keep telling us 'that was the best wedding party ever!'. We started with Rat Pack music, which happens to be a favorite of Troy's (who is older than he looks), mixed in our unusual musical show tune that they went out and got just for us, and rounded out the evening with fun dance music from the 80s to the present. Their dress and equipment were all top notch, and their price was excellent. My only suggestion would be to check available dates with them early, as they're very popular and book up far in advance. They ran the timeline and coordinated the evening with us so well, we were able to finally sit back and enjoy the evening. Many thanks to BTS for a lovely, unforgettable night.

A service I'll never forget!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015

Beyond the Scenes Sound provided me with dj services, decor, entertainment, and so much more! On a really strict budget, BSS created a package that made my wedding one to remember! Even though I was a customer BSS, treated me as if I was family. Got married in June 13, 2015, and... Read More we ran in to some financial difficulty, but Elizabeth was very helpful and understanding, and I was able to complete my payment. So thankful to have this company and would deffinetly refer my friends and family to them. Anything you want or need, they probably have; and if they don't, they'll point you in the right direction! Thanks Elizabeth and BSS Familly.

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Davonte B

Words cannot explain how amazing Behind the scene sound made my wedding day! Not only is Elizabeth a great person, she is a hard worker that knows her stuff and knows just how to entertain a crowd. My guests told me this was the best wedding they had ever been too, not sure if... Read More that was the alcohol talking, but I'm ok with that! :) My favorite part of the night was the key drop where all the ladies that once had a key to my heart had to return it to me back in a jar, was not expecting that one. And of course my first dance was stellar! The dancing on a cloud effect was perfect! If I could give Elizabeth more stars I would! A review coming from a groom is typically hard to get, but that's how awesome Elizabeth was for me to go out of my way and post this. Our day was truly a magical day..

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Michelle M

Can you say AMAZING?!? Do not hesitate to call Elizabeth for a consultation.... You will leave the consult just wanting your wedding day to be here already!!!! That's exactly how I felt. Our special day was on 10/3 and all I can do is think about how amazing it was thanks to... Read More Elizabeth. Getting closer to my wedding my fiancé, myself and Elizabeth met up at our convenience and wrote out the entire timeline for our special day. Not a single song request was denied and she had a list for every possibility of a song that you needed to think of for the day ie: exit ceremony song, songs while guests were waiting... Etc.. The entire day of the wedding she was on time, kept our day flowing as we wanted to, made sure we had anything we needed and made sure our first dance was PERFECT!!!! Dancing on a cloud is a MUST with her. We literally felt like we were on a cloud and our dance was MAGICAL! I still cry and tear up about it. The ballroom looked amazing with the lighting and our monogram looked amazing as well. I'm extremely pleased as you can see with Elizabeth's service. I have nothing negative to say because she was the most positive of our day. If you would like to speak with me about this review or have any questions do not hesitate to reach out to me. I will gladly refer any and all business for DJ sound & lighting and decor to Elizabeth. She is outstanding.

Look no further and choose to be worry free...

Reviewed on 10/07/2015

Behind the scenes sounds.. Thank you so much for making my wedding day dream come true and alive.. It was so elegant and beautiful from the beginning to the very end. When I first walked in the reception my eyes just lit up, from the gorgeous lighting around the room, monogram,... Read More dancing on the cloud, the sweetheart table, backdrop, the games, music and lots of surprises. This business is very professional, dependable and knows how to keep the guest very well entertained with lots of interaction. You will hear lots of ooooohs and aaaaaaahs! Their work is flawless. Trust me you will be very pleased with all the services they provide!! I couldn't have chosen a better vendor... The best your money can buy. What really touched me was how helpful Elizabeth was to me the new bride. She put me at ease and enlightened me on so many things and gave lots of information. Planning a wedding is stressful enough but with her expertise she lifted so much weight off my shoulders and made everything AMAZING!! I received so many compliments on her services and on how smooth everything ran. It's been a month and people are still talking about how great her and the team were. I can’t thank them all enough!!! I would definitely and highly recommend this vendor for any occasion... especially the ones you care about. (Hand on the Bible). Behind the scenes sounds... You are the BOMB!!! Thank you again!!

Reviewed on 9/11/2015 Shelva D

I cant begin to thank Liz and Derwin enough. We are still getting compliments on how much fun our guest had at our wedding and we owe that all to Behind The Scene Sounds. They were our one stop shop! They do it all from DJ, to lighting and even decor. Liz did an amazing job... Read More decorating our sweetheart table. They treated us and all our guest like family and I couldn't be more thankful. You must choose them so your wedding can be just as amazing as our's was!

Dj lighting service and dancing on a cloud

Reviewed on 9/05/2015 A

If you want to have an amazing wedding where you guests are involved and still talking about your wedding weeks after you want D and Liz ! They are amazing !! They are fun, upbeat, and always making sure you are taken care of ! They would come up to my husband and I asking if we... Read More needed drink, shade anything! They are my favorite people and I wish I could hang with them more . Thanks for everything you two! You are true professionals and you made my day amazing ! I can't wait for the professional pictures of my lights and us dancing on the cloud! Thanks again! Ashley & Korey Taylor

They make the day!

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Devan R

Elizabeth does such an AMAZING job! They make sure the wedding has a nice flow and know how to keep the party going! The lighting they provide is exceptional. They stick to the song list you give them and throw in a little flare here and there! They are absolutely amazing people... Read More and DJs/MCs

Reviewed on 6/29/2015

I am the MOB and couldn't be more pleased with Elizabeth and BTSS! Immediately the problems disappeared and the fun began! Everyone of all ages said this was the best run, most beautiful, organized and worry-free wedding ever attended. I truly cannot thank or recommend these... Read More guys enough. The Dancing on a Cloud was amazing, special bubbles heralded the new Mr. & Mrs., songs that brought tears, and others rocked the house! MC work was perfect and took the worry out of the day for me. Elizabeth even found my lost keys before the ceremony that aborted a potential breakdown on my part-lol. Both bride and groom left happy and grateful. Reasonable rates, too.

110%

Reviewed on 11/28/2014 Martha F

This is a story about the best time of two peoples lives and the DJ & MC that made it all possible. From the moment we arrived at our reception we where under the wings of Elizabeth (DJ) and Derwin (MC) for the remainder of our night. They held us all evening to our scheduled... Read More itinerary and did it flawlessly. Everything flowed smoothly all evening long. As we entered the reception to greet our guests for the first time as a married couple it was more than we expected as far as service goes throughout the entire night. But before I get to this story, it really starts way before the wedding. It starts with how we met Derwin and Elizabeth. We met Elizabeth at a open house where we listened to her brilliant ideas and took in her confidence that she could provide the level of entertainment and energy we wanted at our reception. After only speaking a short while with Elizabeth we knew we had found our DJ for our wedding. We called just a few short days after meeting Elizabeth to discover our event day was available with them. There was several scheduled meetings with Elizabeth and Derwin at their house and we went over all the details from beginning to end of our event. From music to lighting, fun games and crowd participation, MC commentary and help choosing songs for entrance walk to the last dance song. We listened to music probably for longer than we should have, but every time we left Elizabeth's and Derwin's house we left smiling and talking the whole way home and into the night. They offered many different lighting packages with hundreds of colors of up-lighting to match exactly the color of our wedding party and table colors. The lighting package that we chose by Behind The Scenes Sounds was perfect for our event. Really, Honestly, Truth be told Behind The Scenes Sounds was the most solid decision we made so far in the starting of our lives together. They made the our evening a 1000 times better than we ever thought it was going to be. Their professionalism and courtesy was 110% all the time. My wife and I highly recommend Behind The Scenes Sounds for your event! Rick & Martha P.S. Elizabeth and Derwin are now our close friends.

Anthony & Andy's Wedding

Reviewed on 10/15/2014

Both Elizabeth and Michael saved the day. Extremely professional, fun to work with. We highly recommend BTS to anyone looking for a stress free vendor. Words cannot describe, how happy we are that they were a part of our wedding. Anthony & Andy

Beyond our expectations!

Reviewed on 9/16/2014 Sharon G

Through out the past 5 years I have either catered or attended over 30 plus weddings. I can say without a doubt that D and Liz are the absolute best at what they do. Their calm professional demeanor helped us through the entire planning process, the listened to all of our... Read More specific music requests and knew just how to make all guests feel comfortable with volume and song choice! I'm so glad we chose them over some of the bargain Djs. They did all the mics for our ceremony, music, speeches for the reception, and lighting of the entire venue without a hitch! They kept everything running smoothly and kept us on track, even with us having a 22 person bridal party. Cannot be more happy with how everything turned out! All of my guests were wowed by the lighting, I've had compliments from everyone we've talked to. Thanks again!!!

A very pleased Bride and Groom

Reviewed on 9/03/2014

Behind the Scenes Sounds were more than what we could have ever hoped for in a DJ and lighting company. From the very beginning, when we met to the very last dance, was the most pleasurable experience! They greeted us with warm hearts, showed us proof of their awesome... Read More accomplishments, demonstrated great communication, listening skills and understanding. They didn’t make us feel like this was “just another wedding”, but instead, made us feel like the success of our wedding was their #1 concern. Behind the Scene Sounds had a vast selection of great music to choose from and quickly accessed songs that we had in mind. They were highly organized, interactive, energetic and fun. They got an idea of what we wanted and walked us through every step, taking notes and also assisting with suggestions and made it all happen for us just like we imagined. Their delivery was over the top! At the event, they arrived 3 hours early with smiles and looked amazing in full uniform. It was a very nice touch that our guests, who arrived early, could be comfortable and listen to smooth music playing before the wedding. Behind the Scenes really set the atmosphere. At every point in the ceremony, every song was right on point. Everything that was written in our notes that they helped us to prepare, came alive and unfolded right before our very eyes! What a joyous and amazing feeling that no words can explain. The excitement did not stop there. The energy and fun moved with them right into the reception where they so happily and skillfully kept the attention of all of our guests for more than 5 hours with music, dancing, line dancing, games and much more! Because of this company, our wedding exceeded normal. It was an exceptional production! Thanks to this company, our wedding was not just the wedding of the year, but was the wedding of the decade. We are still receiving feedback from guests that this is by far the best and most fun wedding they have ever been to. These DJ’s are absolutely awesome! If you want the best that Sacramento has to offer, choose Behind the Scenes Sounds because you will absolutely get it. Our suggestion would be don’t delay, book your DJ today! The word is out and their calendar fills fast. We definitely will hire them again for every future event and we highly recommend them for any event.

Magical Moments

Reviewed on 8/13/2014 Gwen W

My daughter and son-in-law's wedding took place at the Masonic Temple in Sacramento less than 2 weeks ago. I was so very impressed by the professionalism shown by Derwin and Elizabeth throughout the afternoon and evening. They captured the right type of music for both the... Read More mature and young audience. The uplighting for the reception was awesome highlighting the architecture of the room while providing a romantic backdrop for this special magical evening. They totally took charge, kept to a schedule, and constantly checked in with the various participants to see if they wanted to add or do something different. The evening was enchanting and went on without a glitch! Thank you "Behind the Scenes" you are wonderful. I highly recommend your group to all.

THE BEST!!!

Reviewed on 8/03/2014 Laura M

Mike and Troy did our daughter's wedding reception and we could not have been happier. They definitely knew how to get the party started and keep it going until they kicked us out. All the guests wanted to stay and dance! Everyone thought Mike was amazing -- great... Read More personality! Troy chose the best songs to keep the party hopping the entire night. Your wedding is a one shot deal -- get it right and hire these guys...

BEST MUSIC EVER!!!!

Reviewed on 7/21/2014 Patricia N

Elizabeth and Darren were the best DJs selected for our wedding reception music. We met with them a few times to get to know one another with our last meeting involving our music selection. This was the second time we were exposed to Elizabeth and Darren. The first gig we were... Read More exposed to Elizabeth and Darren was for my in-laws 25th wedding anniversary party three years ago. After that party my husband and I knew that they were going to be our DJ for our wedding. Our music selection was amazing and everything we wanted! Elizabeth and Darren are professionals at tailoring your wedding day music to your personal taste-which is awesome! Our guest were on their feet the entire time music was playing! We look forward to doing more business with Elizabeth and Darren in years to come. Thank you for an amazing night with great music!

BEST DJ's EVER. HANDS DOWN.

Reviewed on 5/28/2014 Erin H

I was married on April 12, 2014 in Sacramento, CA. I scoured ‘The Knot’ for DJ recommendations and came across Behind the Scene Sounds. Because I live out of state, I spoke to Elizabeth over the phone and had a sit down with her and her husband Derwin when we were in town for... Read More the holidays. We knew right away that they were the DJ service for us. We didnt have to call around to compare. WE LOVED THEM. They knew exactly what we wanted, gave us sample songs to listen to help us decide what songs we would like played during our ceremony, and even taught my mom how to shake her booty. They were so personable and down to earth. They were the only ones who gave me a real vision of what my big day was going to look like. The day of my wedding was by far the best day of my life - cliché, I know. But I can honestly say that Derwin and Elizabeth were a big part of that. I still have family members telling me that Behind the Scene Sound was phenomenal. They played the best music all night long. There was never a boring second. I can’t thank them enough for making my day so special. They were so great in so many ways. The cost for their service was well worth the price (and they weren’t even on the high end) - trust me, the music was spot on and the lights were great. I'd recommend them any day.

Above and beyond!

Reviewed on 3/03/2014 Geneva B

Elizabeth and Derwin were amazing! they made our day one of the best! We couldn't have asked for much more. They helped us every step of the way and completely understood both of our styles. I would recommend them for any function! These are the family DJ's from now on. My whole... Read More family thought the event was perfect!