Winner of Food Network's Cupcake Wars

Cake Life Bake Shop — formerly known as A Cupcake Wonderland — where all of our baked goods are prepared to order using fresh, wholesome ingredients! Let us obsess over your cake so you don't have to!

Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

1306 Frankford Avenue, Philadelphia, PA (267) 324-5579

The most delicious, artisanal bakery around

Reviewed on 7/30/2013 Ali O

If you are looking for everything made from scratch, high quality ingredients, and beautiful designs, than look no further. Yes, it is not the cheapest, however compared to other bakeries that charge the same, or more, the quality and taste is soooo much better (I would... Read More know, I have done quite a few tastings for my wedding). Their creativity and "artistic" ability which they pour into the cake or cupcake design, (as I have had both) is both incredible and out of this world. All while maintaining a real, pure, pallet pleasing taste. The customer service is amazing. They are educational, up front, easy to work with, and go the extra mile. If you are looking for quality, realness, and fun people, look no further.

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Angela W

Friends of ours used Cake Life for their wedding and the cupcakes were phenomenal so we decided to try them for our wedding and we are so glad we did. Not only did they make us a completely gluten free wedding cake, all of the guests came up to me telling me it was one of the... Read More best cakes they've ever had. In addition to all this, they were super accommodating of our special requests. I made sugar flowers for the cake myself and Cake Life did an amazing job styling them and arranging them on the cake. I was thrilled with the end result.

I love Lily and Nima!

Reviewed on 9/18/2013 stacey w

My wife and I decided to have our wedding in northern Philadelphia… In a 150 year old factory boiler room… with a carnival theme. This is the basic information that we passed along to Lily and Nima for them to develop a strategy for cakes. We wanted to give our vendors some... Read More room to be creative but make sure that everything would also taste and look great. GRAND SLAM! When I walked into the reception area of our wedding one of the first things I came across was a table with 7 beautifully designed cakes that fit our theme so perfectly! When it came time and I actually got to try them I was delighted to find out that they tasted as good they looked! I have had several of my family members and close friends tell me that the carrot cake was the best that they have ever had in their life. Go through one of their tastings and I guarantee that you will be doing business with them. For pictures of the cakes and more check out #globedyeworkswedding on instagram.

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Carla S

To start, the tasting itself is amazing. You get to taste TONS of cake and cupcakes, and the cafe is BYOB so you can enjoy a drink while you mull over cake flavors. The cost of the tasting goes towards your invoice if you choose them. Our wedding cake turned out beautiful and... Read More tasted delicious. The delivery was timely and everyone at Cake Life was a pleasure to work with.

Reviewed on 4/25/2017 Elizabeth A

I WILL NOT BE ORDERING MY WEDDING CAKE FROM HERE. I sent an inquiry through Cake Life’s website about scheduling a cake tasting for my wedding. Ally responded describing the tasting and policy that they charge $45 for a tasting. If you decide you want to move forward with the... Read More cake there, the $45 will be deducted IF you spend over $750. After that initial email, I emailed 3 times and left a voicemail and called again before I finally was able to reach Ally via phone to get a date scheduled for my tasting. When I explained who I was and that I had been trying to reach out to book a date, she responded that since my wedding was so far away (it was a year in advance) that she didn’t feel the need to rush. I was put off by her unapologetic response about getting back to me, but I pushed it off and went ahead and booked a date in April for my tasting. Three days before my tasting, I received an email from Ally saying that they have to reschedule my tasting, with no reasoning as to why. At that point, it was the last straw and I emailed her back right away explaining that it was a hassle to even get this appointment booked, and that I would like my money back. Again, no response from Ally... The next day, I called the bakery and spoke to Ally. I explained that I would like my money back and that this is not the place I want my wedding cake from. I understand things come up, but a phone call explaining the situation would have been the right thing to do. Because I didn't get that, I can only assume that they needed to move my appointment to have a tasting for someone that was last minute. Why should my schedule change because I plan ahead? I am very disappointed because I was really looking forward to the tasting and working with Cake Life for my wedding cake, but I would much rather work with a business that wants my business and treats their customers with respect. They need to teach their employees the basics of customer service.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Alyssa M

I've been waiting for this cake for months after trying their cake sampling. Beyond good. We've had so many compliments about how delicious our wedding cake was. I'm am so glad that we choose them. Worth every penny!

Reviewed on 11/04/2015

Our wedding cake was absolutely perfect and delicious! We had something very specific in mind and Cake Life Bake Shop was able to create a cake even better than we had imagined. They made the decision making process very easy and accommodating and the cake tasting was especially... Read More fun!

Wedding cake & dessert table

Reviewed on 10/18/2014

Cake life was fantastic as expected! Our cake and desserts were delicious and pretty :) Highly recommend their services!

the best cake ever

Reviewed on 7/13/2013 ria m

In all the cupcakes that I have ever had cupcake wonderland was the best .the customers service was excellent . I love the experience ....

My Cupcakes

Reviewed on 9/26/2012 faith h

The presentation was beautiful and they were yummy!!

NA