1761 Tennessee Ave, Cincinnati, OH

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Katie V

We had Funky's Catering for our wedding at the Transept. They are incredible! The food was absolutely delicious, but even more importantly, they guide you through the whole process, help plan the entire day, and have amazing staff available the day of to help with anything and... Read More everything. I felt so at ease knowing that Funky's was handling setup, decor, food, and our timeline, for the big day. Funky's made our day the best ever!

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Kinsey R

Funky's did an amazing job! Food was wonderful and staff was very attentive and helpful. Bar service was great too!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Andrea T

Wedding catering - highly recommend. The food was amazing (just like it was when we tasted). Every guest that talked to us about food had a favorite and all items were mentioned several times! Our captain Davidson was a dream day of, everything went smoothly and I had no... Read More worries. Prior to the event, Davidson hosted a final details meeting and everything was set and replicated just as we talked about. A couple months before the event, we worked with our design coordinator Cecilia and she helped us come up with the linen colors and feel or theme we wanted to achieve and the final result was spot on! Throughout the initial tasting, Seth added a few items we had left off our requests that were crowd favorites and we even ended up selecting one of those! Overall it was a easy, stress free event because they thought of everything!

Reviewed on 1/25/2017 Nina L

We got so many compliments on the food at our wedding, and we have Funky's to thank for that. They were great to work with; I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Rick K

Funky's is terrific-excellent food and service. I got many compliments from my guests about the food and how good it was. Best loved of all were the flaming doughnuts. They take Krispy Kremes, flambe them in liquor, which your guests get to watch, and then they have ice cream... Read More and toppings for them. If you hire Funky's, GET THIS. It's worth every penny. It will make your wedding unique and memorable. The staff was very professional and worked their butts off-Alyssa, our captain, was great. They are also very good about accommodating special requests-at least regarding the food. While they aren't the cheapest, they are at least straight forward and don't stick in BS fees like cake cutting. So I hear you asking, why only four stars, then? Two words-Bar. Package. Theirs sucks, and they are completely unwilling to work with you on it in any way unless you pay extra. First of all, there is ZERO excuse for a bar package that doesn't include tequila. That's ridiculous. It also doesn't include margarita mix, bloody mary mix, peach schnapps...I could go on. Name a popular mixed drink, it's almost guaranteed at least one ingredient necessary to make it is not included in the package. And they are completely unwilling to substitute ANYTHING. Believe me, I asked. Multiple times. Their bar package is geared to heavy liquor-scotch, bourbon, whisky, etc. I don't think I had a single guest who drinks scotch-but they were absolutely unwilling to substitute tequila or anything else for it. I'm pretty sure we never opened one bottle-and I paid per person, not consumption, so I had to pay for something I didn't want and didn't use. I resent that and it's why it cost them four stars on flexibility and one star off overall value. I am overall VERY satisfied with Funky's, and I do recommend them enthusiastically overall. I just think their bar package (and customer service regarding it) needs serious work.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Audree B

We can't say enough good things about Funky's! They thought of everything and made our day perfect. From setting up the tasting, planning the menu, and then walking through the day together a few weeks before, Funky's was professional, helpful, and a pleasure to work with. The... Read More day of the wedding everything was so perfect. We had a plated salad and dinner stations, which Funky's helped us decide would work best for the number of people, location, etc. They took all the guess work out of our planning, and followed through remarkably. Guests are still raving about the food and overall experience of the evening, which the success was in due large part to the Funky's staff. Our captain, Davidson, was so amazing seeing to it that we had everything we needed without any hassle. The staff worked together so fluidly that you would have thought we were at a 5 star restaurant. They navigated the room masterfully seeing to every guest's needs. At one point during a toast I dropped my champagne flute and without missing a beat, I had a new flute and the old one was swept away! That is just one example of how attentive they were to the needs of everyone at the reception.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 A S

Having Funky's cater my wedding reception was one of the best choices I made for my wedding. From the food tasting meeting to menu options to day of service it was worth every penny. Carlene and every employee we met were wonderful to work with and kept our reception running so... Read More smoothly. We had many vegetarians and a few vegans and they were willing to work with us to make meal options for those guests. The chefs even came out during the reception to make sure the food met our expectations. Great service and great company. I cannot say enough good things about them!

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Mandy B

I have never been to a wedding where at a guest didn't have something to complain about when it comes to food, except at our wedding. Our guests raved about our food, including our EXTREMELY picky eaters! The salmon was absolutely delicious! The butternut squash, was absolutely... Read More the best thing I have ever eaten in my life! Some of our guests were nervous to try but once they did, they quickly went and got more. We did our food buffet style and there weren't any left overs! I am a fairly picky eater myself, and that meal was the best meal I have ever had! I really wish Funk's had carry out because I would totally take advantage of that! The staff was also amazing! So nice and friendly! The captain was very timely, he made sure everything was on track and we were moving at the right time. The staff made sure that our glasses were always full. The chief himself came to the wedding table and checked in as well as going to the guests tables and checking on everyone! We were so impressed! Our guests had so many positive comments about the staff and the food! The whole process with Funky's was great! We worked with Seth and he was so friendly and worked with us with everything we wanted, and worked with me being picky about food. Absolutely great! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 7/14/2016 Megan G

Oh my! The food and service were AMAZING! We received so many compliments on the food, which seem to surprise some guests. Wedding food can be hit or miss. This was a direct hit! The appetizers and entree's were as good on a grand scale for 168 people as the day we tasted... Read More them as three people sharing a plate. Jerin thank you for a wonderful experience at the tasting! Chelsey thank you for your help with linens and rentals! Ashley Sferra thank you for being such a great captain for the evening! And for bringing us extra food and the leftover cake to the hotel! :)

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Sarah K

For the past three years I’ve attend an annual holiday party that always uses Funky’s Catering. When it came time for my family to start our search for my wedding caterer, I knew I wanted to try Funky’s! We first met with Michael “Funky” and he made us feel so comfortable and so... Read More excited about working with them! By the end of the meeting, he made us feel like family. We then had an in-house trial taste testing were we got to try ALL possible appetizers, all salads, and a select number of entrees. The food was SOOOO good! We had a great problem of not knowing what to choose! But Jerin led the taste testing and he had wonderful suggestions for a summer wedding and helped us pair everything together to create an Amazing meal. We then had our final meeting with our Captain Seth a few weeks out from our wedding, and we went over all the details of the day. Seth was absolutely great! I knew I wanted a signature Mint Julep drink to go along with our equestrian theme and he and his staff made it BETTER than any mint julep I had ever had! All of food was cooked on site and it came out warm and tasted GREAT! Seth was always checking in on me and my husband to make sure we were happy and help keep things on schedule. The entire staff was professional and we could tell they took pride in their operation! My family would highly recommend booking Funky’s Catering for your next event! They will not disappoint.

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Lauren H

THE BEST!!! One of the best decisions we made while planning our wedding was to go with Funky's for our catering! Their food was hands down the best that we tried as we were testing different caterers, and their professionalism is second to none. Ashley S. was AMAZING to work... Read More with!! She was so professional and on point both while meeting with her to discuss final details and the night of the reception! I received so many compliments from our guests about the food! Many of them said it was the best meal they had ever had at a wedding. I also received rave reviews about how professional the servers and staff were. We cannot say enough good things about them and will absolutely not hesitate to recommend them to others for their wedding day catering as well. Funky's, THANK YOU for playing a huge part in making our wedding day a dream come true!!

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Ellen B

The food at our wedding was fantastic!!! The guests were constantly complimenting us on the food. During the tasting, I brought 5 people with me and they fed us all. We got to try so much food and many different drinks! It was a blast! The actual day of, the appetizers were... Read More handed out perfectly and they all looked so fancy! The actual meal was brought out with great presentation and all options were fantastic. We also did a cheese coney/ chicago style hot dog late night snack and the guests loved it. The only con is the limited beer selection that you have to pay to change and you must use their wine. Would definitely recommend!

Terrible Communication & Customer Service!

Reviewed on 11/20/2015 Kirstie T

After hearing another couple talk about the great food at Funky's, we were really looking forward to having them cater food at our wedding. We contacted the caterer via email, and set up a tasting (which we had to wait 2 months for). The tasting itself lasted 2 hours, which I... Read More thought was much more time than necessary, but the food was actually very good. We really wanted to use them for the wedding, and were told we would have a quote back in less than 1 week. We had our tasting on a Thursday. The following Wednesday, I followed up with Funky's via email to see where they were at on the quote. I did not receive a response. I sent a follow up email that Friday, again with no response. The following Tuesday, a week and a half after our tasting, my fiance decided to call, and spoke to the gentleman we had the tasting with- Jerin. He reluctantly said he would get our quote back later that day, after first telling us it would be at least 1 more day because he was busy with meetings. We finally received the quote, but then requested a quote for our ceremony only so we knew what their cost for apps was. We contacted them 4 times requesting this quote, and never heard back from them again. We would have liked to use this caterer, but could not believe that after going on about their "excellent" customer service for 2 hours at a tasting, that they would just not respond at all. If they were not interested, they could have at least communicated this with us. Terrible customer service!

The food was amazing!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Elizabeth C

The food was awesome, and the service was great! We chose a brunch wedding, and could not be happier. I highly recommend the flaming donut station to anyone who uses Funky's in the future!

Reviewed on 10/03/2015 Andrea D

We just used Funky's for our wedding at the Wiedemann Hill Mansion and had a fabulous experience. From the very beginning Funky's was attentive and very knowledgable. It helped that they are often the caterer at our venue. Our food was phenomenal the day of with many of guests... Read More saying this was the best food that they ever had at a wedding. We served duet plates with grouper with shrimp and filet. I was a little bit skeptical about the number of staff needed as it seemed high for such a small venue, but every staff member was on point and made sure our guests had everything they needed throughout the night.

Reviewed on 6/02/2015 Molly L

We used Funky's for our Rehearsal Dinner. They came to our families cabin and had two servers with a buffet. The food was amazing. I'm not a big red meat person but I loved the braised short ribs. I also really liked their pasta with mushrooms and artichokes. Everything was... Read More delicious and the staff was super friendly and attentive throughout the night. Our guests couldn't say enough great things about the food. Thanks for helping to make our Rehearsal Dinner so amazing.

Delicious Food

Reviewed on 12/21/2014 Angie H

The food was fresh, warm and most importantly delicious. The service at the wedding was outstanding. Very professional. I had complete faith in their services. I knew I had nothing to worry about on the day of the wedding.

Funkey's was amazing- Great food, people and value

Reviewed on 10/15/2014

I should have written this review ages ago, but better late than never. If you are not aware of Funkey's Catering, you have really been missing something. Outstanding food, great service, super attention to detail and so easy to work with. Their flexibility and great staff made... Read More it so easy. It started with a dinner tasting presented by one of the owners that left us challenged to make choices, and ended with Suzy handling every detail of the reception. In between were meetings to pick the linens and layouts with Sharon. They handled the bar service, the rentals, the plates and the food. Answered all my questions and made the evening so special. Thanks to all we worked with! Can we come back for another family dinner??????

Hot Food, Cold Salads

Reviewed on 10/01/2014

I was very nervous about picking a caterer for my daughter's wedding. I had been to so many weddings where the salads were pre plated and warm, cold dry bread, room temperature meal, dry , tough meat etc. Michael at Funky's tasting was very professional and the food delicious!... Read More We decided to go with Funky's after going on several other tastings. The food was wonderful! Iced water all evening, warm bread, ice cold served salads, hot main course and happy servers. Tyronne did a great job as head captain. Michael, one of the owes was there during the reception to make sure all was perfect. Everyone told me the meal was excellent. They offered so many different meal options and were very willing to let us try anything we wished. Best meal ever at a wedding. Easy to work with and very professional.

Amazing Food and Even Better Service

Reviewed on 8/26/2014 Alison S

Funky’s Catering was FANTASTIC!!! We used Funky's to caterer our wedding as well as do all our event rentals and we were so incredibly happy with how everything turned out. Our reception venue allowed us to bring in all our own vendors which we loved but we knew it would be a... Read More huge undertaking coordinating everything as well as finding all the vendors we need. We really don't know what we would have done without Funky's not only did they deliver amazing food but they were able to provide us with all linens and other rentals we needed. Sharon was amazing to work with helping us determine our delicious menu and workout any cuisine related questions we had. Cecilia was a lifesaver helping us coordinate our linens, rentals and even the custom bar we wanted to bring in. Suzy was our day of captain and she was fabulous; the food she and her team prepared was amazing and the service they provide was impeccable. Everyone kept complimenting us on how excellent the food was, how great the service was and how amazing the place looked and it was all because of Funky’s. We cannot thank Funky’s Catering enough for everything they did to make our day so wonderful. We would HIGHLY recommend Funky’s Catering for any event you are planning!!!