Your day: stirred, not shaken

During events and portraits, Newsom captures a seemly realistic surreal quality in her photographs. Photos are real and believable, yet carry a lightness. A lightness twirling in a pretty dress, a comfy sweatshirt or a buzz after just the right amount of vodka. The experiences of her subjects are often the same, a wedding or gathering or a moment between lovers is elevated, light and dreamy. The other overwhelming experience is how effortless and seamless sessions with newsom feel. Before you know it, you’re relaxed, the shutter is snapping but you still feel comfy. The layer of effortlessness that Meghan was wearing has now been draped across your shoulders as well and you don’t need to do much. In fact, this is all so natural, you might just think you were born to be a model.

Artistic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Engagement, Trash The Dress

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

528 E. 51st St. , Savannah, GA Coastal Georgia and across the country (615) 710-4201
WEBSITE TWITTER INSTAGRAM
PINTEREST

Eternally grateful :)

Reviewed on 9/01/2015

We were so blessed to have Meghan with us on our wedding day. What a lovely experience. She is so calming and personable, and makes it easy to feel comfortable and relaxed while she shoots. When you hire Meghan, not only will the experience result in effortlessly beautiful... Read More photos, it's delivery will be by someone who is truly a joy to be around. Meghan is a beautiful and selfless soul, which was clear only moments after meeting her. My husband and I were overwhelmed by her unfailing effort and dedication on our wedding day. She was bound and determined to give it everything she had to deliver an exceptional performance in a timely manner. Despite the demands of time and weather conditions, she made it all happen! She captured both unique and unexpectedly memorable moments, which is what you hope for from a wedding photographer. In addition, we are so impressed with her style and use of color- everything turned out beautifully. Her love and labor is genuine and true, and it's overwhelmingly evident in her product. We will definitely be hiring her again!

2015-09-08T10:26:26 Response from the vendor

Kim, This means so much to me that you felt so good about us working together! I LOVED being able to shoot your wedding day, and make a friend in the process. I can't tell you enough how grateful I am for the experience you... Read Less Read More

Perfect!

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Sarah M

Meghan is amazing. Throughout the entire process she was professional, prompt, communicative, and incredibly kind. When my husband and I were posing for our pictures together, she did a wonderful job of making him feel more at ease with the process. Our whole wedding party had... Read More only kind things to say about both Meghan and her assistant. She captured beautiful images for the entire night without being the least bit intrusive. She and her assistant blended in seamlessly while adding so much love and positive energy to our wedding. It only took her a few weeks to get the images to us and they were SO PERFECT. If we lived closer I would hire her for everything!!!!

2015-12-22T19:12:32 Response from the vendor

Sarah, I just read the bottom line of this and i laughed SO HARD. hahaha I'd hire YOU for everything and we'd just pay each other in kittens and goats and hide them somewhere so our husbands couldn't see them. But, truly, it was such... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Amanda D

Meghan is great! She was prompt with e-mail communications and so easy to work with. She even helped with ideas for outfits for our engagement shoot. She made us feel really comfortable on the day of our engagement session and I felt like we could instantly be friends. She got... Read More the photos to us in about a week and we love them! All of our family and friends have already commented on how amazing they are. I would recommend Meghan for any occasion you may need a photographer for.

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Tansy M

We had Meghan shoot our engagement session in New York City. My fiance and I had never done a photoshoot together, so we were worried about it being awkward. BUT Meghan was TOTALLY THE BEST at making the whole experience super natural and put us right at ease. She chatted with... Read More us the whole time and genuinely cared about our relationship and coming wedding. Her personality is so beautiful and uplifting, and she is such a joy to work with! Following the session, the photos were delivered in a very timely and professional manner. The photos she got of us are absolutely STUNNING. She has such an eye for capturing natural moments and with beautiful composition. We truly could not have asked for a better experience. We will definitely be hiring Meghan to shoot our Wedding in May!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Niall O

Kacey and I got married in Savannah in June of 2016, and coming from Denver, we relied on reviews to find everything we needed for the day. We truly lucked out with Meghan because she is a wonderful photographer and unobtrusively went about her business capturing lots of... Read More special moments for us. I wouldn't look any further than Meghan and recommend her without reservation.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Niall O

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Kristin H

Ok long story short - WE LOVE MEGHAN and you need her in your life for any occasion that needs to be documented! Meghan is truly a gifted photographer but more importantly a genuine and amazing person to be around! Her photoshoot style is effortless. She makes you feel so at... Read More ease. No awkward poses, but also takes into consideration what you are self conscious about and will help you! We first hired her for our engagement photos - and I was SO against beach pictures, I had terrible visions of all white outfits, cheesy poses, squinty eyes, etc. Meghan told me to trust her and THANK GOD I did. We took our pictures at golden hour on Tybee island and they turned out phenomenal. Our wedding - which was supposed to be in Savannah - had to be relocated to Atlanta TWO days before... Meghan didn't even hesitate to be there and worked her booty off at our wedding, and it shows in the gorgeous pictures. THANK YOU LOVE<3

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Lauren W

We are so thankful to have Meghan on our wedding day! I love her photographs and her as a person! She brought life to our special day and she put 100% into every picture! I can't recommend her enough!:)

Reviewed on 12/16/2015 Kelly T

Meghan is so easy to work with! She knows what she is doing and it is evident in the final product. In every picture she was able to capture the emotions specific to each moment. Her photographs are raw and honest in a beautiful way. I loved that not all of my pictures were... Read More posed which created very natural results. If you want a photographer that will capture the essence of your wedding day, Meghan is the one you need!

2015-12-22T19:09:26 Response from the vendor

Oh sweet Kelly thank you so much for this review! It was so good to be with you guys and witness you guys getting married. I feel so honored that you chose me and am so excited to see your lives unfold together!

Reviewed on 12/10/2015 Meghan K

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Meghan; she perfectly captured our Engagement pictures! After searching through so many "traditional" photographers, we knew we wanted Meghan for her captivating and romantic touch in her photos. She produced that look and more! Our... Read More pictures are timeless and breathtaking. Meghan is such an amazing person to work with too.. we were from out of town and she worked with us to coordinate everything seamlessly. She will go above and beyond to make sure you are happy with your pictures. She made us feel normal and comfortable when taking our photos and gave us appropriate guidance so our pictures didn't look too posed. Having had personal experience researching vendor after vendor, reading reviews, and contemplating who to choose, let me assure you this is one decision we made with zero regrets. I would recommend M. Newsom Photography again and again. Thank you so much Meghan.. you are amazing!!!

2015-12-22T19:10:58 Response from the vendor

MEGHAN!!! THANK you for your kind words. it was so fun getting to work with you guys and getting to know you both. I can't wait to see your wedding photos, and hope you guys took my advice and gave EVERYONE in your family some... Read Less Read More

Detail Oriented

Reviewed on 11/08/2015

We chose Meghan out of 3 photographers for our wedding because she was recommended by a friend, the kind of photos she had on her website, and because she made quite the impression on us when we met with her. After our initial meeting at a small cafe in Huntsville, Meghan did... Read More an engagement shoot with us in the fall colors. Meghan came very prepared to the shoot, used different props and settings, and took numerous shots of us walking around the lake. She paid attention to the little things, was detailed oriented, and took pride in her work. You could see the passion she has for work in all the shots she takes. We got the pictures from her within a week. As for the wedding day, Meghan took over 3,000 pictures. Even though our contract was for 6 hours, Meghan and Bonnie(her assistant) stayed for the entire wedding. She made our wedding a huge success not just of because of her professionalism, attention to detail, knowledge, and experience but because she was more than just a photographer; she was a planner, organizer, seamstress and friend. We could not thank her enough for capturing our day more perfectly!

2015-12-22T19:13:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you guys for your kind words!! I loved getting to know both of you guys through this process and was so honored to be with you guys on your wedding day. I hope your new life in New York is treating you guys well!!

We couldn't be more pleased!

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Chelsea T

Meghan made our wedding day so special and relaxed. She has a magic quality about her that allows her to capture the moments I never would have thought to request from a photographer. Instead of being left with all posed shots (we got some of those too!), she was able to convey... Read More the real feeling of excitement that swirls around a day spent joining two families together. I was nervous we would have to wait for months before reliving the moments of our day but Meghan delivered our photos quickly. I was so pleasantly surprised to open the gorgeous gallery and I will cherish the beautiful shots forever! With a joyful spring in her step and an understanding of the emotion, hard work and nervous energy that accumulate during a wedding, Meghan lightened everyone's mood, made distant family members comfortable in front of the camera and seamlessly integrated herself in our day. I am so pleased with the memories she helped us to make and so excited to flip through our portraits for years to come.

2015-12-22T19:14:14 Response from the vendor

I love you and I love this. Thank you for your sweet words, friend. you are magical and your wedding day was magical and I'm lucky that I was able to witness it and be there with you three.

Meghan Hill

Each project I work on is unique, but I bring three key points of focus to my work: comfortability, experimentation and effortlessness. Bringing a drop of calm and serenity to a busy day helps my clients feel comfortable. With gatherings, I unobtrusively float between moments to capture the authentic expressions that make those days unforgettable.