$ – Inexpensive

Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Cakes + Desserts

1775 E. Palm Canyon Road #150, Palm Springs, CA (760) 322-2253

Reviewed on 8/25/2017 Kelly C

* * * Best Wedding Cakes on the Planet * * * Cupcakes too! Roman is super easy to work with. Our cake was BEAUTIFUL!! Succulents delicately placed cascading down the cake. Absolutely delicious! Tier 1 -Meyer Lemon Pomegranate Tier 2 -Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake Cake pops:... Read More champagne strawberry, white frosting with gold flecks/drizzle Perfection!

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Natalie J

They have the most amazing deserts and were able to create our dream wedding cake! So easy and sweet to work with!

Reviewed on 6/19/2016 Yvonne P

A huge hug of gratitude to Roman from Over The Rainbow Cupcakes. I wish we lived in the desert Over The Rainbow would be our go to bakery for any and every special event. You bet we'll be stopping by whenever we are in the desert. So glad we booked with them promptly. The... Read More hardest part of working with Roman and Leah was choosing which out of this world dessert to offer our guests. Without question stop searching for your wedding baker because Over The Rainbow Cupcakes is it. Yvonne & Jill

Reviewed on 1/24/2016

Getting your wedding cake from Over the Rainbow should be a no-brainer! We loved working with Roman/ Over The Rainbow for our 9/26/2015 wedding, and will go back to this bakery in a heartbeat any time we're in Palm Springs. The wedding cake really was a highlight of our wedding... Read More details! We had a spread of simple white buttercream cakes; one two-tiered cake, and several smaller round cakes, all different textures, on mint green stands. The florist added some wild flowers and greenery. Roman was very accommodating for the tasting and worked around our tight schedule since we came from out of town and had limited time. We decided on 3 flavors: a coconut cake, lemon & fresh strawberry cake, and a peach & vanilla bean cake! They were all DELICIOUS, moist, and so beautiful. He also took good care to time everything right, since the cake table was outdoors on a hot Palm Springs day. Roman's pricing for cakes and the cake stand rentals was totally reasonable. And even though he had much fancier weddings to accommodate that day, he took such good care of us.

Reviewed on 8/26/2015

Roman was incredible to work with on our wedding cake and dessert table. We first met him at his shop after setting up an appointment (as we are out-of-towners and had a destination wedding in Palm Springs). He was ready and waiting with cupcakes of the cake flavors we had... Read More emailed about trying - and they were all delicious! We talked about some tweaks and he was more than happy to make the flavor adjustments we desired. And we had ideas for mini desserts which he was happy to create and integrate into his list of options. Overall, he promised, and delivered. The cake was beautiful and exactly what we imagined it looking like. And the mini desserts were delightful and beautiful. He's the real deal, and if you have any opportunity to work with him, or just stop in his shop for a treat, I highly recommend it!

Reviewed on 7/20/2015 Brooke L

We are so lucky to have found the delightful Roman who helms Over the Rainbow Desserts! Roman is incredibly passionate about desserts and and his enthusiasm is very infectious. My husband (then fiancee) and I went for a tasting at Over the Rainbow and we were so impressed by the... Read More quality of the desserts and Roman's energetic personality, that choosing him as our wedding vendor was a no-brainer. We went with a naked carrot cake, Mexican wedding cookies, and macarons, and all were extremely delicious and stunningly beautiful. His bakery features a plethora of innovative and classic flavours and desserts-- honestly, the hardest part is choosing which desserts to go for! Roman will go out of his way to make your event truly special. He really goes the extra mile to accommodate guests with allergies and dietary restrictions and even brought us some nut- and dairy-free cupcakes gratis when he heard that there were guests with those restrictions. I wanted some succulents on top of the cake to fit in with the desert ranch vibe, and Roman offered to pick them up himself for us, which is just one of many examples of how he really goes above and beyond for his customers. He will do his outmost to execute your vision and exceed your expectations. Even if your wedding guest count and dessert budget is relatively small like ours was, you will still be treated like a VIP. There was quite a bit of back-and-forth about the cake size and number of desserts as the RSVPs were rolling in, and Roman was extremely patient and accommodating. The cake was the most beautiful I have every seen and my guests are still talking about how delicious everything was. Roman also has a lovely assortment of cake and dessert stands available for rent, including some gorgeous vintage-inspired milk glass versions. Unsurprisingly, Roman and Over the Rainbow are very in-demand so I recommend booking him early to avoid disappointment! I cannot recommend OTR highly enough! It's so nice to find someone who truly cares about his customers and excels at his craft. Thanks, Roman!

3 Amazing Cakes and a Wonderful Company!

Reviewed on 4/27/2015 Annie T

Working with Roman and Over the Rainbow Desserts was one of our favorite experiences during the entire wedding planning process. He made it so easy and fun! We were able to taste all the different flavors in the form of cupcakes during our tasting. He sat with us, walking us... Read More through the entire process from beginning to end. He was great at answering all my questions and made me feel very confident in my choice to use them. During a second visit, I showed him pictures of what I was thinking for the style and asked if he would make 3 separate cakes because we couldn't settle on just one flavor! He was happy to accommodate my requests and gave me some options on how to make it more cost effective for our budget. He designed one gorgeous 3 tier cake using the same flowers as in my bouquet in one flavor and we had two other flavors served to all of our guests that came from sheet cakes he had prepared and kept hidden. It was so beautiful and tasted so wonderful. My only complaint was that I didn't get to eat more of it on my wedding day. We are going back on our anniversary! I highly recommend using Over the Rainbow Desserts!

Tasty, beautiful cupcakes and cake

Reviewed on 12/08/2014 Molly O

Roman at Over the Rainbow Desserts was incredibly helpful and accommodating, and we could not have been happier with the cake and cupcake spread at our wedding. Roman designed a gorgeous two-tiered cake that matched the theme of our wedding perfectly, and tasted so good too! All... Read More of our guests loved the cupcakes, and there were very few left over as so many people wanted to go back for seconds. The cost came in even cheaper than he originally quoted us for, which is always a pleasant surprise. I would highly recommend Over the Rainbow Desserts to anyone planning a wedding or event in the Palm Springs area.