Instruments

Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment

State College, PA (814) 883-1783

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Roslyn R

My husband and I loved listening to velveeta at the saloon in state college, PA. We knew when we got married that they must be the band. Seriously, our guest loved them as much as we do. We danced until the night was over. Only problem was, it went by too fast! We heard multiple... Read More times that our wedding was "the best wedding I have ever been at!" We know that is because our ring bearer who is four to our older guests had so much fun rocking to Velvetta. Not only did they provide the entertainment after dinner, they did the music for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and entrance songs. They were so helpful and easy to work with. If your worried about money, don't be. Get a real band, its worth every penny. You and your guests will remember it for the rest of your life.

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 michelle k

This band ROCKS!!! everyone loved having a live band and singing along to 80s music. I would hire them again.

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Kate R

Velveeta is an amazing band. The guys are friendly, professional and they know how to rock! Their playlist is extensive and I'd recommend them for any wedding. Brent is an awesome MC and great to work with. All of the guys are fun and know how to ROCK! One of the band... Read More members even captured a photo op of me and my dad before we walked down the aisle. It's a moment that we wouldn't have had a photo of if it wasn't for them. I will cherish the picture. Thank you for everything! I'm sure we will see you again soon!

THE BEST BAND EVER

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Julie S

If you want your guests to have an absolute blast, hire the Velveeta Band. Our dance floor was full all night long. Their set-list is extensive, full of your classic bar hits. So easy to work with. Would hire again and again!!

Our guest still talking about the amazing band!

Reviewed on 3/06/2015 Nicole B

Velveeta was AMAZING playing at our wedding! Brent was super easy to work with. He provided a detailed long song list that the band can play and we basically picked and chose exactly what songs we wanted. Also I had a few requests of other songs and he was glad to create a... Read More play list of whatever songs we wanted during their set breaks. Brent MC'd the night and did a great job! Our wedding had some other entertainment including traditional Filipino dances that my sisters and I performed, and Velveeta gladly accommodated our needs and requests, including providing us the music that we needed for the dances. We wanted to make sure all our wedding guests would have a good time...from all age groups. Although Velveeta is described as an "80s and 90s rock cover band," all our guests had a great time and were on the dance floor...both young and old! Velveeta certainly made our day unique and unforgettable and our friends and family still talk about "the awesome band" at the wedding!

Amazing band! Would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 2/20/2015 Leah Z

In the time that has passed since our wedding, we have had the chance to reflect on the most memorable parts of the day. Now that the dust has settled, pictures remind us of things like the flowers and the cake, but what truly stands out in our memories is the band. Velveeta... Read More absolutely made our wedding what it was - lighthearted, energetic, and fun. From playing acoustic music during the ceremony per special request, to playing a playlist during the cocktail hour, to getting and keeping everyone on the dance floor all night long during the reception, we could not have asked for anything better. They were flexible with our requests, continued to check in with us throughout the reception, and didn't mind handing off the mic to wannabe singers during the party. Our guests continue to remark about how amazing Velveeta was, as that is one aspect of our wedding that is hard to forget. We would highly recommend Velveeta to anyone. They helped us to create and celebrate a very special day.

We Danced ALL NIGHT and loved every minute of it.

Reviewed on 7/15/2014 Maura C

I saw Velveeta many times in the State College area when I was in college. When we were thinking of getting a band for the wedding, they were my first thought. We went and saw them a few times out at various shows and were always impressed with the amount of people dancing and... Read More having a good time. A band that plays 80's music....yeah, we are gonna dance! I have to say that Brent and the crew were one of the BEST decisions we made throughout all the wedding planning. My wife was actually a little hesitant to not have "newer" music, but I can tell you that not only did we not leave the dance floor all night (as bride and groom we made people come to US!) but all night the dance floor was packed. We had about 150 guests and not one left disappointed. We were given the opportunity to pick the songs we wanted to hear, which we took advantage of, but they also filled the gaps with ones we didn't choose and they fit right in. They played 3 sets with 2 breaks, and the breaks were perfect to do other activities like the dollar dance (again, we got to select that music as well). They guys were professional, EASY to work with, showed up on time, and really were one of the most stress-free aspects of our day. We would certainly recommend Velveeta to ANYONE looking to have a packed dance floor all night. I Dj'ed weddings for over 11 years and I knew that having a live band is something unique and gets people excited. I can't tell you how many people commented the next morning about 1) how much they loved the band 2) how sore they were from dancing so much. As a former DJ I used to tell people that people will forget what they ate the wedding and what the centerpieces were, but they WILL remember if they had a good time. If you want to dance, keep the party moving, have GREAT MUSIC (volume was always JUST right btw) and share your memorable night with everyone - hire Velveeta. They are worth EVERY penny we spent on them and we can't thank them enough!!!

2014-07-15T11:23:15 Response from the vendor

Wow we are humbled by your thoughtful review! Thanks so much for taking the time to write it, and for supporting live music! Many congrats to the two of you on your life together and for letting us be part of your most special day!

Perfect Band for Wedding

Reviewed on 7/14/2014

I've been a fan of Velveeta since I discovered them when I was a junior at Penn State, I would go to the bars and see them every Friday night in town until I graduated. When I travel to State College as an alumni my wife and I always make sure to see them! When it came time... Read More for us to choose a band or DJ for the wedding there was only 1 option and it was Velveeta. They were helpful throughout the whole process and were great on the wedding day. Unfortunately most of the day our venue's wedding coordinator was nowhere to be found, but Velveeta helped us out as best they could with keeping the event flowing smoothly. The wedding was 1 month ago today and we are still hearing compliments from our guests. Their stage presence is great, they are interactive with the crowd, they were dressed appropriately, and they completed their setup and sound checks well before we had asked them to. Brent emceed the dances and during dinner and their breaks and did a great job. We chose the majority of the songs we wanted played, but they picked the order of setlist and did a phenomenal job. Honestly, words cannot describe how much fun we had. Velveeta is also much more affordable than other bands that have played at some other weddings we've been to, and Velveeta is way better. They play the music exactly like the artist's recordings, they sound amazing. Their attention to detail with the music and stage is awesome. They are such a talented group and have been doing this for quite a long time now, they have their production set up perfectly.

2014-07-15T11:20:08 Response from the vendor

We had such a great time at your wedding and we are honored to have been part of your most important day! Thanks very much for taking the time to write a review for us. See you again soon!!!!

Wedding Band - Velveeta

Reviewed on 2/07/2014

One of the most stressful aspects of planning our wedding was selecting the right entertainment. Of course we both wanted a band, but when planning you have to think about everyone else that will be in attendance, and whether or not the band you select will appeal to the group... Read More as a whole. Our first and final decision was to have Velveeta play our special day. It was by far the best evening of our lives. Not only did the music appeal to everyone, the dance floor was packed from the first song to the encore. The energy that the band brought with them was priceless. They were as professional as anyone could ever wish for, and created and environment that will be remembered forever. Their professionalism remained constant from pre-planning, through emceeing, to evenings end. I would highly recommend Velveeta for anyone's upcoming wedding reception. Great job guys.....keep up the good work! You truly made our night one to remember.

2014-02-09T12:04:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We had such a great time at your wedding, and it was a truly memorable and wonderful evening. We are so glad that both of you and all your guests had a great... Read Less Read More

Awesome Band!

Reviewed on 11/05/2013 jackie p

We recently got married and Velveeta was our wedding band. They were the first thing we booked and they did not disappoint. All of our guests loved them and they kept everyone up and dancing! Brent was the MC throughout the night and he did a great job. We can't say enough about... Read More how much happy we were with Velveeta!

80's cover band right for all

Reviewed on 10/15/2013 Alanna J

We had Velveeta play at our wedding reception after hearing them a few times in downtown State College on the weekends. 80's music is something that we knew would span several generations of our guests and that everyone would enjoy. It was truly an incredible experience and... Read More the only time people stopped dancing was when the band took a much deserved break. They were on time to setup, acted as our DJ in announcing the wedding party, and had wonderful background music playing during dinner. People remember the food and the music at weddings, and this band is one our friends are still talking about over two years later. Thanks Velveeta for a memorable wedding reception experience!!!!

2013-10-16T16:07:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We had a great time celebrating with you, and we learned American Pie because of your bridal party :-)

Almost as good as the groom!

Reviewed on 10/11/2013 Lauren M

Velveeta was absolutely the best part of our wedding day! Over three years later, we still talk about how special they made our reception. Everyone from my grandma to my friends were dancing all night, especially when Velveeta played their special requests. Our guests had a... Read More great time, and raved about it for months. On a personal note, Brent did a great job of accommodating all of my special requests. We were able to give Velveeta a list of all of the songs we wanted them to play - and there were a lot! I also wanted to incorporate some older music that I grew up with, so I was able to plan the mix for cocktail hour, set breaks, and special moments throughout the wedding. I literally handed him my iPod and he managed the entire evening perfectly. He was a great emcee, as well. He was engaging and professional, but not over the top. The focus stayed on us, our guests, and the music. I cannot recommend this band enough. They really are a special group of people that made our day incredibly memorable. We can't wait to have an anniversary party to hire them again!

2013-10-11T15:06:45 Response from the vendor

Wow.... thanks so much for the kind words! It means a whole lot to all 4 of us (Brent, Brian, Bones & John) to hear that we helped make your night so memorable. P.S. - Do you still have that giant, red handbag? :)

Best Wedding Decision Ever

Reviewed on 10/10/2013 Jennifer R

Hiring Velveeta was the best wedding decision I made. Brent was so great to work with during the planning process and was so flexible with what they played (they provided a list of maybe 150 songs to choose from and we also played music that wasn't on the list). My entire... Read More wedding was up dancing the whole night and everyone loved them!!! It seriously made the entire night, not only because my husband I loved them, but everyone at the wedding did (all ages!!).

2013-10-11T09:25:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! We had a GREAT TIME playing at your wedding! If you ever renew your vows, make sure to call us cuz we're 18 years and going strong we will be available! :)

Awesome Band

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 Keri C

I spent many college nights listening to Velveeta and was super excited to have them play at my wedding. They did a wonderful job and set the tone of our wedding reception. I HIGHLY encourage you to check them out!!

2013-10-04T07:12:13 Response from the vendor

Thanks for your review! We absolutely love to play weddings for our college fans!

Velveeta was amazing!!

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Adriane W

Absolutely the highlight of my wedding! Great customer service and response time. Brent was amazing to work with as the MC too.

2013-10-03T18:41:19 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review!

Velveeta

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Elaine F

From the very beginning of our wedding planning, my husband would say that the difference between a good wedding reception and a great one is a great band - so our Penn State kids suggested Velveeta - and are we ever glad they did! The bride and groom were able to choose some... Read More of their favorite songs from Velveeta's extensive play list. In spite of torrential rain on the wedding day, it didn't dampen the spirits of the bride and groom or anyone else under the tent ... and we attribute a huge part of that to Velveeta! Everyone loved the music and the way the band connected with the crowd. We had many compliments on the great band and our kids still check out Velveeta when they visit Penn State.

2013-10-03T18:41:37 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review!

What a Hit!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Angela L

These guys were great! I was totally intimidated by the idea of a band at our wedding but I am so glad we decided to do this! The guys were so helpful- they carried the entire evening and were so easy to work with and very timely and professional. There wasn't one part of the... Read More evening that people weren't on their feet dancing. The guys were also a lot of fun at the end of the night when we were cleaning up! Just a great crew to be around! I would totally recommend them for your wedding!!

2013-10-02T21:27:54 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us on TheKnot / Wedding Channel!!!

Great!

Reviewed on 9/07/2012 Kate W

Velveeta did a great job at our wedding! We had a blast. :)

Review for Velveeta

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Claire D

80's music;Didn't do a great job of emceeing the evening or communicating with the venue