Is this your business? claim it now

Yamaguchi Nursery

Santa Paula, CA

Centerpieces, Chuppah, Wedding Arch, Decorations + Accents, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Delivery + Setup, Flower Arrangements

18814 E Telegraph Rd, Santa Paula, CA (805) 525-9268

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Samantha P

Best and most affordable place that we went to. Ron was very generous and easy to work with! He helped get all of my thoughts together on paper and even gave us samples on what things were going to look like. Everyone loved the arrangements and I was able to give some away at... Read More the wedding. Super affordable, easy to work with, and generous!

Reviewed on 2/21/2017 Ramon d

Flowers can be such a pain when you’re dealing with your wedding… and they can be AMAZINGLY expensive. Yamaguchi flowers, located just a little bit outside your comfort zone (just outside the LA boundaries), is so worth it. A family owned and operated business, they absolutely... Read More know their stuff, will make you feel at home as soon as you step in to their shop, and will make you a bouquet while you wait to “pitch” you ideas for your wedding. And, very importantly, they can bring you your wishes at a price point that decimates even the downtown flower districts prices, AND deliver the flowers and set them up on the day without a trace. Like a magic trick. Pro Tip though… they’re a mom and pop shop for real, and the only way to get in touch with them is old school - on the phone. Call them, drive out, make a gorgeous date of it, and have dinner down the street near their place. We did, and it was one of the best wedding planning dates we had. Don’t miss them.

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Adrianna J

I read many good reviews on the flowers before calling. I also read some reviews regarding customer service being terrible. I decided to call to figure out what the best way to get a quote is since they don't have a website with photos or information. The lady on the phone was... Read More very rude as if I was wasting her time. I asked when we could get a quote and she asked when the wedding is. It is not until next September but we are trying to figure out our budget and who is the least expensive but still good for flowers. She seemed totally uninterested in my business. I can tell you right now, I don't care how good of a deal she can give me over other florists, I'd rather pay more to be treated better. Seriously I have never had such a hard time finding people to give my money to lol. They must not need the business I guess.

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Megan R

Our wedding day was beyond our expectations! Suzie and her team at Yamaguchi did an amazing job! I could not have asked for better flowers on my wedding day!! Thank you thank you thank you

Beautiful Flowers

Reviewed on 11/11/2014 Kristin M

Yamaguchi Nursery was recommended to me by my wedding coordinator and I couldn't be happier with their flowers. Flowers are so expensive and I didn't want to spend too much on my wedding and they are so affordable and the flowers were beautiful. We gave Ron some pictures of what... Read More we would like the bouquets to look like and they came out better than the pictures and were perfect. I would highly recommend their flowers and they are a little out of the way but they will deliver and not charge and arm and a leg. If I ever need flowers I am going to Yamaguchi's.

BEST FLORIST EVER

Reviewed on 8/18/2014 hanna c

Yamaguchi was beyond amazing!!! Everytime i went in for an appointment he either had my bouquet made sitting on the table or made my flower arrangements. The day of the wedding the flowers were even more spectacular than I imagined. He was on time and even gave us extra flowers... Read More in case of an emergency. I couldnt have asked for a more wonderful experience!!!

Yamaguchi

Reviewed on 5/11/2014 Sarah P

Yamaguchis was a great florist for our wedding. The flowers they used looked spectacular and fresh. We had a large wedding and needed 20 center pieces as well as flowers for the ceremony and they looked great. We were able to meet with them a couple times which was nice because... Read More they gave us good ideas and they were able to figure out exactly what we wanted.

Flowers

Reviewed on 4/30/2014 chelsee g

This review is mainly of the service, not of the flowers. The flowers we received were beautiful, but the people who work at the shop are very rude and do not treat their customers very well. I am talking about the lady who picks up the phone when people call, I cant tell you... Read More how many arguments I got into with her because she was rude and unwilling to help. Unless your wedding is in the next week when you call, she treats you as if you are not a priority, the worst customer service I have ever received. Also, beware of Ron, although he delivered everything I asked for, he was very unpleasant with me when I had to make a few adjustments, constantly reminding me that I was "changing my vision" I mean who's wedding is it anyways, who cares if I am changing my vision.In the end, I had to have my wedding planner call him because I could no longer deal with him....So if you want cheap affordable flowers, this is your place but don't expect them to have any ideas for you and don't expect to be treated like most wedding florists treat you. This is a nursery, first and foremost, and i know they do a lot of weddings, but they have not mastered how to treat brides just yet. We want to feel pampered and taken care of, not like we are a hassle every time we call. So if you want great ideas and a happy person to help you, do not go here, but if you are on a budget and know what you want, than this is your place.

Gorgeous, excellent-quality flowers.

Reviewed on 12/01/2013 Karen S

Yamaguchi did a lovely job with the flowers at my wedding. The bouquets were gorgeous (and literally stayed alive for TWO WEEKS after the wedding), the altar pieces were breathtaking, and the loose flowers that made up our centerpieces were beautiful! My only complaint is with... Read More the set-up. Despite discussing our floral set-up (including a week before the wedding), the assistants sent to set up on the wedding day did not know where to put the loose flower petals (they were supposed to be ombre-style down the aisle; instead they were delivered to me in a baggie in my bridal suite and then just thrown helter-skelter down the aisle after I told them we didn't have a flower girl for them), and they also neglected to put out an entire box of about twelve vases filled with flowers that were supposed to be part of our centerpieces. However, I must say, that after this was discovered post-wedding and brought to their attention, they refunded us a portion of our money, which was very kind. Overall, the quality and price were great. I would definitely recommend them but encourage a very thorough set-up discussion!

amazing flowers!

Reviewed on 11/19/2013 Janet C

Ron is an amazing florist! We couldn't be happier with all of our flowers for our wedding! He did exactly what we wanted and his prices are extremely reasonable.

WOW!!!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2013 Robin H

I cannot even say how glad I am that we used Yamaguchi. They are a simple little flower shack in Santa Paula that does AMAZING work. They are not the glitzy, I-have-10,000-extra-props-you-can-pay-for wedding florist if that is what you want, but they do flowers and do them... Read More insanely well for less than half of what I got quoted from any other florist. I showed up for my wedding and almost cried they made things so beautifully.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Reviewed on 9/06/2013 Jamie S

Ron at Yamaguchi's could not have been more amazing. Don't let the roadside farmer's market looking office detour you. On our first visit he was building my bouquet and centerpiece right in front of me, before we had paid him a penny. He was so flexible, professional and the... Read More end product was STUNNING. They exceeded my expectations in every way, not to mention, they were BY FAR the most reasonable florist in the Venutra County area. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Beautiful flowers with no fuss

Reviewed on 8/06/2013 Krista P

Yamaguchi did a wonderful job providing us with our wedding flowers. Ron listened to everything I said and I was 100% happy with the flowers and the service. They are also a great deal!

Best Florist

Reviewed on 6/11/2013 Caitlin C

Ron at Yamaguchis was so fantastic! The flowers were beyond perfect and exactly what we wanted. We gave him all the centerpieces and aisle décor and he brought them to the venue himself.

Pretty Flowers = Happy Wedding

Reviewed on 4/19/2013 Kirsten A

I had heard several recommendations from other brides about how well Yamaguchi flowers worked with what you wanted and how great their cost was. In the end it turned out even better than I had imagined. My husband was worried about the boutonnière being too large, but he was... Read More very pleased with how they turned out. They even throw in a free toss bouquet so that the bride can keep her bouquet as well as the wedding attendant who catches the bouquet. It made for a beautiful ceremony and reception.

October Wedding Flowers

Reviewed on 11/05/2012 Grace C

Yamaguchi Flowers did such a wonderful job with our wedding arrangements. Ken was very easy to work with, has lots of great suggestions (I knew only a little bit what I wanted originally and he helped me make some wonderful decisions), and made things very straight forward and... Read More not complicated. We ordered the bride and bridesmaids bouquets, boutonnieres and corsages, and pillar flower arrangements and the cost was wonderful. I would not have been able to find flowers anywhere else for such a value. They knew exactly where my location was (had gone there before) and delivery was very easy. The flowers themselves were gorgeous and the colors were spot on! I would definitely use them again for another event, or even just go to pick up flowers at their shop.

Flowers made the day

Reviewed on 10/31/2012 Emily P

I love Yamaguchi's. Whenever you have an appointment with them, you leave with flowers, either samples of your wedding choices or other pre-made bouquets. Whenever I had flower appointments I always got a boost of positivity in the planning process. Yamaguchi's dots the I's... Read More and crosses the T's. On-time delivery and setup. My bridesmaids loved their bouquets, and my bouquet lasted almost a week, carted around with us on the honeymoon. Free toss bouquet. Couldn't be happier with Yamaguchi's.

great prices

Reviewed on 9/04/2012 Laura S

They definitely worked with me on my budget. they did an awesome job for my wedding the only complaint i have was that when i saw my bouquet the day of my wedding the flowers did not appear to be the freshest flowers, not sure if it was because of the heat but they did seem... Read More pretty damaged not too noticeable but for me i wanted my bouquet perfect and it had some flaws on my pink roses

Gorgeous!

Reviewed on 7/02/2012 Amy B

Yamaguchi Flowers did an outstanding job--they were creative, professional, and showed up and did exactly what they'd promised. They were reasonably priced and the flowers lasted for days, according to our guests who took arrangements home. I highly recommend them.

Best value anywhere!

Reviewed on 6/21/2012 Heather O

I am a sucker for flowers and I wanted a ton of them for our wedding. Ron a Yamaguchi's gave us exactly what we asked for at an amazing price. He was flexible with all my last minute requests and I can't stop looking at the flowers in all of our photos because they are so... Read More beautiful.

Excellent customer service

Reviewed on 5/23/2012 michelle p

Ron was great and really captured what we were hoping for!

Wedding Flowers

Reviewed on 11/11/2011 nancy g

Yamaguchi's is amazing. I worked mostly with Suzy, she was so friendly and open to my ideas. She was also super professional and responsive.She went out of her way for me a number of times and saved me so much time, worry and hassle. The flowers/centerpieces were beautiful and I... Read More received many compliments and comments about how expensive they looked (they were very reasonable.

GORGEOUS FLOWERS, VERY FLEXIBLE, GREAT PRICE!

Reviewed on 11/04/2011 Melissa P

I had the worst luck with my first florist. I had to find a new one a week before my wedding. I cannot explain how stressful this was, especially living two hours away from the location of our wedding. My wedding coordinator recommended Yamaguchi, and I was beyond happy with the... Read More results!!! Ron was so flexible with us. As soon as my husband got off the phone with Ron, we felt calm. I sent him pictures of the types of flowers I wanted and he emailed me back the same day saying that it wouldn't be a problem. Most florists need a few weeks to order their flowers, but with Yamaguchi they grow all of them. Their pricing is also very good!! I got so many compliments on how beautiful my flowers were. Yamaguchi FLowers also set everything up at the venue early. I am so grateful for this company, not only because they worked with me at the very last minute and their flowers were so amazing!!!!!!

Beautiful fresh flowers

Reviewed on 11/01/2011 Betty M

Our flowers were amazing. I am the type of person that changes their mind constantly at the last minute and they were very helpful and gave me extacly what I wanted. They truly do BEAUTIFUL floral arragements.

Amazing service!

Reviewed on 10/06/2011 Brooke A

My flowers looked amazing, and the florist went out of her way a few different times to make sure everything was perfect! My center pieces were exactly how i dreamed they would be, and my guests were in aw of the whole reception!