Best wedding cakes in Colorado!!!

We will work with you to design the cake of your dreams. We can customize your cake in any style, color and flavor. We understand that a beautiful and delicious cake is essential to a perfect wedding.

Cake Balls, Cheesecakes, Cookies, Cupcakes, Pies, Desserts, Cakes + Desserts

1886 S. Broadway, Denver, CO (720) 283-3294

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Leigh P

YUMMY! My husband and I hired Azucar Bakery to make the cake for our June 25th, 2016 wedding. It was not only gorgeous to look at but it tasted AMAZING! I've heard from a few people that they had at least 3 pieces - needless to say we did not have any leftovers! The frosting... Read More was so light and delicious - it was a nice change from the normal heavy buttercreams and chewy fondants. They did a wonderful job decorating the cake as well! I can't wait to see pictures of it! We had a ton of fun at our tasting picking the flavors too! Wonderful customer service and such a cute little bakery. Our bottom layer was a white cake with a whipped frosting center and fresh sliced fruit, middle layer was a chocolate cake with raspberry filling, and the top layer was a lemon cake with raspberry filling. We had about 100 people at our wedding. I strongly recommend Azucar Bakery for any cake needs. They delivered the cake right on time to the venue too!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Michael D

I will tell you what, these people know what a cake is supposed to taste like. Their Peruvian style baking is unparalleled to anything I have had in a long while. Azucar Bakery truly takes pride in what they do and they manage to do it very well. All of this set aside, the... Read More pinnacle of our experience with them was our custom made Doctor Who TARDIS cake. We were skeptical at first with how the outcome would be, but Azucar managed to hit every detail of this phone booth and it turned out to be a huge focal point for many of our Geeky guests. I will certainly be returning to Azucar for any future baking needs.

Reviewed on 6/21/2016 Kayla H

WOW! What delicious cake! There was not even one piece left over. Our cake was exactly what we had designed and was so beautiful. It was easily the best cake we've ever had. Azucar Bakery is so wonderful to work with.

Love!!!

Reviewed on 11/04/2015 Nikki S

Our cake was free with our booking at Stonebrook Manor. But it was still so awesome!!! It looked beautiful and the flavor was amazing!!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Audrey S

Azucar Bakery was a fantastic choice for our wedding! The tasting and planning was seamless. They provided thorough follow up instructions, and the delivery day went off without a hitch. Our cake was beautiful! And delicious! Thank you!

Cake

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Nicolette R

I was very happy with the cake options we tried at our tasting but it the MOB, MOH that attended the tasting with me both agreed when I said that the cake didn't taste as good as it had at the tasting we attended. The service was friendly and very professional and they make... Read More incredible cakes. I was still very happy with my cake and would recommend to other brides.

Bride

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Tina P

The cake was great! All of our guest said it was the best wedding cake they ever had.

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 Kristine S

I was referred to Azucar by my venue and was not disapointed. People are still talking about the cake. We had four flavors, all were fabulous. The cake was beautiful and delivered on time. Azucar really cares about producing a beautiful work of art that tastes as awesome as... Read More it looks. Loved working with them and so happy we chose them for our wedding cake!!!

Delicious wedding cake!

Reviewed on 9/03/2015 Misha H

Azucar Bakery made our wedding cake and it was both beautiful and, most importantly, delicious! It was one of two bakeries that our venue contracted with. We tasted both, and Azucar was by far better quality. The cake was so moist, and flavorful without being overly sweet (we... Read More used 2 flavors for different layers: Strawberry Cream and Chocolate Dulce de Leche; both are very very good). We received many compliments on it. It was also decorated beautifully with fresh flowers that we provided. We couldn't have been happier with it!

Reviewed on 8/25/2015 Tom M

Azucar bakery is perfect for weddings. They offer many different flavors – white chocolate rasperberry and the chocolate were our favorites and they deliver. We had leftover cake the next two days and it was delicious! In addition, you don’t need to save the top layer for... Read More next year, azucar will bake you another cake so you can have fresh anniversary cake. Unbeknownst to me, Azucar decorates the cake on location, so it could fit really well into a wedding video if you have the videographer on site when they deliver. We couldn't have been happier with Azucar!!

Reviewed on 7/01/2015 Katie D

If I could give this place a 0, I would. We first went in there for a Sunday free cake tasting and were incredibly disappointed by their service (or lack thereof), and also not impressed by the taste of the cake. After meeting with our caterer, we figured that maybe it would be... Read More better if we did the scheduled tasting (maybe the service and quality we've heard so much about would be there), but it was NOT. First, setting up our appointment was close to impossible. I had to give the girl on the phone my credit card number so many times that by the last one, she had it memorized. It took about 25 minutes to set up the appointment (all she needed was name, address, wedding venue, flavors and the cc). Last night we showed up at 5:00 (both left work early to make it there on time), were only even noticed after 10 minutes. A girl made us move tables, and then gave us books and water in plastic cups. While we were sitting there waiting (we know what we want the cake to look like, and had seen the same books during the first terrible tasting), there was another man waiting for his girlfriends birthday cake, which was at least 20 minutes late if not more. He was told over and over the cake was almost ready, and eventually got so fed up (his girlfriend was waiting for him at home to pick her up for their dinner reservation) that he said he wanted a refund, but even getting someone to come out of the kitchen to give him the refund took so long that he just said forget about it and left. Just after that another tasting ended, and instead of acknowledging that we were there (and had been now for 20 minutes, just waiting), every employee went back into the kitchen. At this point, we were over it, asked for a refund, explained that you can't run a business this way and left. I studied the hospitality industry and worked in it for almost 15 years, and customer service is the most important part of it. Not only did they never once apologize, but the main baker (a guy from Peru who we had met before we even get engaged), basically sat there arguing with my fiance, telling us 'I'm not making excuses, but...excuse after excuse. I have no idea how they have such good reviews, or any awards, but I would be very careful before deciding to work with them.

Tasty and beautiful cake!

Reviewed on 5/30/2015 Lindsay G

Our wedding cake was not only beautiful, but also tasted great! Everyone kept telling me how fabulous it was! They were pleasant to work with and were very nice during our cake tasting appointment.

Delicious Cake

Reviewed on 3/22/2015 Aerin C

We had a great experience with Azucar for our wedding, including creating a custom design, choosing spectacular flavours, and professionalism. We had a three-tiered design, each of a different flavor, each looking like a different book. Marjorie worked with us the entire way to... Read More get the design how we imagined, adding in her own personal touches to create something unique. After cutting the cake, slices flew off the table, with many people taking extra home with them-- the cake was just that good. We planned our wedding ourselves, and after our last meeting we were able to forget about any worries with the cake. The day came and everything ran perfectly with delivery setup without us being involved at all. We've also used them personally for several smaller cakes and had excellent results.

Best Cake Ever!

Reviewed on 3/03/2015

They provided me with ideas, so that I could have the perfect wedding cake, but I was able to make the final decisions. I had a very small cake from Azucar to cut into for the bridal party and parents. The rest of the guests received Costco cake because wedding cakes can get... Read More pretty pricy. I wish I got all of the cake from Azucar because the red velvet cake I ordered was the most delicious thing I have ever tasted. It was very moist, and the cake was very elegant and beautiful. I definitely recommend Azucar for any wedding!

35th Wedding / Anniversary Celebration

Reviewed on 10/26/2014 Laurel L

Part of our venue package included a free 2 tier cake, which was great but of course I wanted a 3 tier, so the price I paid is only for the 3rd tier, the sugar flowers on top and the grooms cake. The cake flavors are just so good, and the people here so helpful and friendly.

BEST DECISION EVER!

Reviewed on 10/18/2014 Emily T

My husband hates cake and so we were considering not doing a traditional wedding cake- until we went here and he fell in love with their cake! It is light, fluffy, and oh so delicious! We couldn't decide what flavor to do, so we did FIVE! They are a great company and amazing... Read More cake!

Yum!

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Erin W

I recently got married and used Azucar for my cake. The cake looked fabulous, exactly what I wanted. It tasted even better than it looked if that's even possible. Some of the best cake I've ever had(and my guests agreed!) thanks Azucar!!

Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 10/03/2014 Elizabeth W

Azucar makes yummy cakes! We had a great experience at our tasting and the manager made sure to spend adequate time with us to ensure they understood our vision. They went through our options and every time we stopped in to the store to make a payment or something, they took the... Read More time to go over our order again. It looked amazing on our wedding day and we can't wait to order our free anniversary cake!

HEAVEN IN YOUR MOUTH

Reviewed on 9/18/2014 Ana H

My husband and I used Stonebrook Manor and got a free cake through Azucar Bakery. I was skeptical at first, but after meeting Marjorie and her team, I was sold! We have several people in our families with for allergies, they were willing to work with us, were alway polite,... Read More and had some really great suggestions! I showed her 4 pictures of what we had in mind and she combined them to get the exact effect we were looking for. She's amazing! We chose the orange cream cake with buttercream icing, it was so delicious! The cake was moist and flavorful and the way she decorated it was sheer perfection! We saved the top tier to take on out honeymoon because we got only a taste test, we didn't end up taking it with us and I froze it in the original box. We ate it a month later and it was just as good as it was on the wedding day! I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful wedding cake! You won't regret using them.

Yummy

Reviewed on 9/16/2014 Erika R

My cake was absolutely yummy not to mention the phenomenal custom icing design!

SO delicious!

Reviewed on 9/12/2014 Molly M

This bakery was recommended by my best friend who used them for her wedding. We had tasting at a few other bakeries and none of them even came close to Azucar! Their cakes are delicious and moist and it turned out just like we wanted. They let us choose multiple cake flavors and... Read More let us try a ton of flavors. Such great cake, we were so impressed!

Mountain wedding cake

Reviewed on 9/07/2014 Laura H

Azucar did an amazing job of taking our thoughts for a cake for a mountain wedding and turning them into an amazing creation. They were very easy to work with from start to finish. And most importantly, the cake was delicious!! We are still getting comments from our guests about... Read More how much they enjoyed it.

Great!

Reviewed on 8/14/2014 Anna B

We decided to use Azucar for our wedding cake! Not only were they friendly and accommodating during our tasting, but went above and beyond allowing us to taste other flavors and walking us through what we would need. We only wanted a smaller two tier cake and sheet cake, and... Read More they were absolutely perfect--and reasonably priced!! You can't go wrong with Azucar Bakery. The cake and service is unmatched!

Awesome Cake

Reviewed on 8/01/2014 Christina D

Azucar made a beautiful cake for our wedding. Even more importantly it was by far the best tasting cake I have ever had (and I received so many comments from friends/family members about how awesome it is). We ordered enough cake for everyone to have a slice assuming we would... Read More have extra, and we ran out because everyone wanted some and most people were begging for seconds. They were easy to work with and we enjoyed the entire experience.

LOVED my wedding cake!!!

Reviewed on 7/28/2014 Hannah V

My husband and I used Azucar Bakery to make our wedding cake and they far exceeded my expectations! The cake was beautiful and delicious and the staff was wonderful to work with. Not only did we get exactly what we wanted, but I was also excited that they give you a... Read More complimentary anniversary cake so you don't have to eat 1 year old freezer cake :-) I HIGHLY recommend Azucar!