Beachpeople Weddings

from Wilmington NC to OIB to Myrtle to Pawleys Island SC

"Best of Weddings" Awards & Hall of Fame Award

Congratulations! Good news: you just found THE best service professionals here, David & Margo (see the reviews below). Marry your soulmate (or re-tie the knot!) in a genuine, warm, customized ceremony done well, done YOUR way. We offer Photography, Officiants and Packages--we do indoor or outdoor; simple, elaborate or in-between; religious or non-religious or creative. Serving 75+ beaches & towns from Morehead City NC to Pawleys Island SC since 2004. ALL lifestyles & LGBT warmly welcome here. Offering a discount for active military, fire/police, vow renewals & winter wed dates. We are non-denominational and very awesome! So get your Fastest Reply by email & your questions are warmly welcome: [email protected] See you soon, friend!

Religious Affiliations

Buddhist, Catholic, Mormon, Adventist, Anglican/Episcopal, Baptist, Congregationalist, Holiness, Lutheran, Methodist, Nondenominational, Pentecostal, Presbyterian, Restorationist, Protestant, Quaker, Christian, Hindu, Interfaith, Reform, Jewish, Muslim, Pagan, Secular, Spiritual, Unitarian, Wiccan

After The Wedding, Getting Engaged, Ceremony, Wedding

Se Habla Español, Planning

from Wilmington NC to OIB to Myrtle to Pawleys Island SC (336) 314-0503

Reviewed on 2/19/2017

We contacted Beachpeople Weddings (David and Margo) on 12/28/16 to get more info on their services for our wedding on 2/11/17. Being that it was a little less then two months away we were very worried it would not be possible or we would have to cut corners to make it happen.... Read More From the moment we received our first email back from David and Margo we knew our dreams could come true. That very first email they were very straight forward with the prices (great prices!) and services they offered. They gave us suggestions for the services they did not offer such as arbor/arch, chairs, and tables etc. We were also given suggestions on how to do hair or what to wear in case it was cold or windy. These were things we did not think about since we do not live on or are at the beach often during the winter months. The phone appointment was where we all went over everything for the big day and when we ended that conversation my husband and I looked at each other and just smiled. David and Margo made things so easy and as stress free as possible. Margo assisted my husband and I in customizing our vows (something we both had dreaded). She made it a breeze! The day of the wedding they arrived and Margo started capturing precious pictures and David set up the location according to what we wanted. The ceremony was exactly how we wanted it to be beautiful and relaxed. David played his flute which was wonderful! We did the sand ceremony which included our four kids (other places we looked at would not accommodate this many children in the sand ceremony). It was a lot of fun for the kids and meaningful to us. David spoke slowly and was patient with my husband who froze up on two occasions, it made for a good laugh! At the end we wanted David to blow his shell horn, everyone thought that was neat. He also played a little on his flute for us to have our first dance right there on the beach. Meanwhile all this was going on Margo was capturing some AMAZING pictures and we had no idea. She got some pictures we wouldn't have thought possible because we did not once see her actually taking them. When we saw the pictures I told my family "I will never forget this day and if for any strange reason I ever did Margos pictures would tell me everything I need to know." Anyone can take a picture but it takes someone great to capture a moment where you can see and understand the story behind it. That's what Margo did, every picture was taken so perfectly in our eyes. Getting married in North Myrtle Beach and coming from Blythewood (about 3 hours) I was so worried our wedding would be a disaster and even thought about moving it closer to home but it was the complete opposite! It was a dream come true, our dream come true and its all thanks to David and Margo! I knew from that first email they were the right people for us. I loved how they went above and beyond and even beyond that to make sure we were comfortable, confident, and almost completely stress-free going into our wedding day. It makes us want to get remarried just to experience the wonderful and friendly service again! If I could give more then five stars I would. I HIGHLY recommend Beachpeople weddings to anyone! Thank you again David and Margo for making our day as pleasantly unforgettable as yall did!! We will be forever grateful! -Mr. & Mrs. Castillo

2017-02-20T06:57:16 Response from the vendor

Wow, what a lovely, detailed review of us, thank you so much! We were honored to be a part of your special day. You are a gorgeous and kind couple; your family was so sweet to us too! We loved being there. Thanks for making... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Lisa B

Hi my husband and I were married on September 25,2016. We are both beach people and naturally wanted to wed on the beach at Oak Island. I did my research to find the perfect officiants and photographers to help us on our special day. We wanted to have an intimate ceremony that... Read More included our furbaby which meant not only finding the perfect place,time and location but also someone that would be able to handle any unexpected situation that having your fourlegged baby present could arise! Margo and David with BeachpeopleWeddings were an excellent choice!!!! I contacted them online and explained what we both wanted and thought would make our day perfect for us and asked for suggestions. The response time from the first email to being on our way to the perfect day was unbelievable, not only were all request made into a reality but even better than we could have ever dreamt. We were shown examples of vows and given the opportunity to create our own or use one of the many offered by them. We made our vows through a combination of ours and theirs in which made them personal just for us. Dean and I were married at 7 am on a nearly deserted beach with a spectacular sunrise. Margo did the photography and David performed our ceremony- these are amazing people that excell in their field of work, both professionally and emotionally. I would highly recommend their services to anyone needing a little extra help making their perfect day come true., not only did we find the right choice in service but also feel we made a couple of new friends along the way💕

2016-09-27T21:03:38 Response from the vendor

Oh my gosh, you're gonna make us cry... this is so kind and touching to read, thank you! We really do care about our clients, but not everyone has time to notice/comment nor do we expect it--weddings are about the Couple, not about us. But... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/29/2016

Myrtle Beach, SC Wedding June 23,2016 Where do I begin... My husband and I have both been married before and our wedding could not have been more perfect! Margo and David are simply amazing. From day one of finding them they made the process fun and easy! They know their... Read More business very well and are very professional, as well as fun loving. You can tell they completely LOVE what they do. The cost is outstanding! All in one stop shop from flowers made by Calabash, (Absolutely beautiful! Exactly what I wanted.) to Margo being an amazing photographer and David playing amazing music with his tribal flute. It was beautiful! They also recommended a great videographer, that I would highly recommend as well ( Bob Collins). If you are planning a wedding wether it's your first or multiple I would not go with anyone other than Beach People Wedding! My words can't even begin to to discribe how wonderful they are!! Love you guys, thank you for making our special day more special than we could have dreamed. Quite simply the most magical and beautiful day of our life ( besides having my kids of course 😃)! I can't thank them enough. Highly recommend David and Margo Sears Beach People Weddings!

2016-07-02T09:41:12 Response from the vendor

This is so wonderful to hear, thanks for the kind words! We were happy to be there and share this experience with you all. Big hugs!

Reviewed on 4/18/2017 Cyndie L

The Sears' made a wonderful team. Together we put together a beautiful ceremony on the beach. We had to start late because of our temperamental 3 year old throwing a fit and they were very patient. The seashell heart was cute and I was really happy to be able to rent their PA... Read More for the ceremony. Margo had a great personality and didn't miss a beat when she was told that I failed to put together a list for the pictures I wanted. I tried to have it all together put that one fell through the cracks. We just got a preview of 50 pictures and they were beautiful; we can't wait to see the rest. We are so pleased with the job that they did. Their packages were all great deals and with technology what it is today (everyone thinks they're a photographer), we only really needed a photographer for the ceremony and they were EXTREMELY affordable and did high quality work. 5 stars for sure!

2017-04-18T14:41:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for these very kind words! It was wonderful for us too!

Reviewed on 4/18/2017 Alissah S

The BeachPeople did such a wonderful job in making our day unique, beautiful, spiritual, and special to us! They are truly a talented pair and work meticulously to ensure that your ceremony will be exactly like you imagined. They were always so sweet, helpful, and offered advice... Read More and answered all of our questions. We are so happy with Margo's gorgeous photography! On our big day, rain was in the forecast, but we kept our fingers crossed for sunshine. Thankfully, just before the ceremony began, the clouds gave way to a blue and sunny sky. Margo captured moments in her photography that I will return to frequently for the rest of my life. With David & Margo's help, we were able to have a wonderful, small ceremony and totally stellar photographs. I would definitely recommend their services to anyone wanting to be married on the beach!

2017-04-18T14:42:40 Response from the vendor

Awww, thank you so much for this. We enjoyed working with you and bless you!

Reviewed on 4/13/2017 Susan F

Margo and David were great to work with and very accommodating to our special requests. They took time to have a detailed conference call to ensure everything was exactly the way we wanted it. I would also recommend Margo for photography. She did wonderful work and was very... Read More creative. She also took care of ordering the perfect bouquet for me. Would highly recommend them!

2017-04-14T07:14:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We were happy to be of service. Hugs to you!

Reviewed on 4/13/2017 Anqunette K

Margo & David are awesome!! a big help to us in so many way 1st just to speak with them both over phone I knew I had chosen the right couple they helped with a list of vendors, beaches, vows, the difference between Nc & Sc certificates & restrictions just from their tips I... Read More didn't need a planner and my wedding was exactly how I imagine oh and Margo photography is out of this world gorgeous.. Thanks Again!!!

2017-04-14T07:14:59 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the kind words! It was fun and wonderful to be a part of your day. Blessings to you all!

Reviewed on 3/30/2017 Rachel P

We hired David & Margo for our destination wedding in North Topsail based off their reviews and ratings and we are so glad we did! They did a wonderful job getting us prepared from writing the ceremony & vows to ordering flowers to answering my many questions even with the many... Read More miles that seperated us! When the big day came a cold front had rolled in and we had lots of wind, rain, and very cold temperatures. But David & Margo worked with us to watch the radar and we were able to have the ceremony without getting rained on. Despite the cold and wind, everyone talked about what a beautiful and touching ceremony it was! People who weren't at the ceremony thought it was a perfect day to have a tropical beach wedding when they saw our photos! Margo was able to capture all the best moments and even made it seem like it wasn't that cold. Due to the rain and temperature we had to do most of our pictures at the beach house instead of the beach, but she made the most of it and was able to get us great pictures anyway! They are both very down to earth and so easy to work with. We are so glad we found David & Margo to do our wedding and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone wanting to do a beautiful beach wedding!

2017-03-30T15:03:53 Response from the vendor

What a great response to the photos-lol! We had fun too with your sweet families and friends too. That March rain sprinkle was chilly, but we can handle it and so did you guys! Your photos were fun for me too! Blessings to you all.

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Maria C

David and Margo Sears are amazing!! They both made us feel very comfortable and relaxed, which enabled us to be able to really enjoy our wedding. We wanted a very simple cozy feel without taking any of the specialness away from our wedding day. They delivered flawlessly!! I... Read More highly recommend them!!!

2017-03-21T07:25:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for these kind words! We were happy to be a part of your special day... it was lovely and you are sweet people. Bless you!

Reviewed on 3/16/2017 Steven B

David and Margo were the absolute best! They ensured that our wedding was simply perfect! They guided us through the process, gently nudging us appropriately. Their personalities fit us and our nuptials, providing us exactly the ceremony we desired. They were more than just our... Read More officiants, they became our friends. The vows, the ceremony, the setting, the company, the pictures were exactly unbelievably perfect. Jodi and I cannot adequately express our gratitude and complete satisfaction. We don't know how they did it, but even the weather cooperated! Sunny and warm at the beach, in March!!! LOL. Love you guys!!

2017-03-17T15:38:46 Response from the vendor

Awww, thank you so much, angels! We were honored to be a part of it and YOU are wonderful you. Big hugs!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Rashena L

My husband and I just wed on 11/12/2016. Margo and David were awesome to work with. Every aspect was about my husband and I. We mixed up a few ceremony scripts to personalize our own, which I loved. David was an awesome officiant and Margo was an excellent director/photographer.... Read More She gets the job done and knows what looks best. They had around 30 days, or less, notice of our wedding and they had every piece of the wedding day puzzle in place. I am so grateful for them because after the wedding, there was no doubt in my mind that my husband and I made the best decision by going with an intimate beach wedding. Thank you Margo and David for giving us the most memorable day, one we will cherish for the rest of our lives! I truly believe God places the people we need in our lives so I am truly honored that God allowed our lives to cross paths! Again, thank you both!

2016-11-16T08:29:29 Response from the vendor

Thank y ou so much from your kind words! We were happy to be a part of your lovely day. We are very glad you all enjoyed it!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Jenna B

Margo and David exceeded our expectations! Our wedding was more perfect than we had hoped for down to every detail! They are very special, unique people who naturally have a warm, happy aura surrounding them! It was an amazing day, thank you!!

2016-10-30T17:45:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words and wonderful description of us. We love our work and our sweet, cool clients!!! :)

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Leslie M

Margo and David did a wonderful job with our wedding. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. We highly recommend them.

2016-09-19T08:22:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! Blessings!

Reviewed on 8/17/2016

It was everything and more. They both made the day really special, Marge made us feel really comfortable with the picture, David made the ceremony really special. If i could i would do it again better the way we both felt.

2016-08-18T09:23:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We were pleased to be a part!

Reviewed on 7/15/2016

We were married in Emerald Isle, NC the evening of May 31, 2016. We were so happy and thankful we found Margo and David at Beachpeopleweddings.com. We were impressed with the quality of their services. Margo and David helped up prepare for our very special ceremony on the... Read More beach and provided lots of tips along the way. They even monitored the weather and arrived a little early to ensure we avoided the rain. Margo and David both connected with our family and were very personable and caring. Margo is an exceptional photographer and her creativity made our photos even more special. The flowers from Calabash were beautiful as well. Beachpeopleweddings.com is the real deal and we give them 5 stars!!!! Jacqui & John

2016-07-16T14:57:36 Response from the vendor

Wonderful to hear, thank you so much! We were so pleased to be there for you. Blessings!

Reviewed on 7/01/2016

We were married in Ocean Isle Beach NC and are so thankful Margo and David did our wedding. They made the process fun and easy- no stress involved. The ceremony was beautifully done- we were so happy with it. Margo was a fantastic photographer- she made having your photo's taken... Read More a great experience (and I hate having my photo taken). We love the photos and will treasure our memories of that day forever. I wholeheartedly recommend them.

2016-07-02T09:39:40 Response from the vendor

Awww, thank you so much! Its fun to work with such genuinely sweet and loving people. Bless you!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016

Margo and David could not be more lovely. They were so helpful through the process and they are genuine and heart felt people. They really care. The ceremony could not have been nice and Margo was fantastic by taking pictures. We can not recommend Margo and David more... Read More highly.

2016-06-29T10:30:15 Response from the vendor

Awww,bless you! Thank you so much! We were honored to be a part. Big hugs!

Reviewed on 6/26/2016

Beachpeople Weddings created the most magical day for me and my spouse !!! Margo and David went above and beyond to make our wedding the best day of our life . Margo did it all from being a meteorologist to being the best officiant ever !!!!! Beachpeople Weddings are the best .

2016-06-27T07:16:29 Response from the vendor

Bless you, thank you! What a lovely post for us. Yay!

Reviewed on 5/23/2016 Shelby S

I was so impressed with how well the wedding came together. There is nothing else that could have been done to make it better. David and Margo are punctual, professional, and kind. No one better could have planned or officiated our wedding. Thank you!! Love, The Carpenters

2016-05-23T14:56:53 Response from the vendor

You are so welcome! We were honored to be a part. Blessings!

Reviewed on 5/05/2016

Margo and David performed our wedding ceremony and photography. They were very personable and made us feel at ease. They were very creative, reliable and professional in every way. We can't thank them or recommend them enough. I'm sure our pictures are nothing short of amazing... Read More and we can't wait to see them.

2016-05-06T07:36:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It was our pleasure to be of service and share such an important event with you too. Blessings!

Reviewed on 4/17/2016 Victoria V

Our wedding was on 3/19/2016 and we had he most beautiful elopement ceremony at Carolina Beach. Rev. Margo and Rev. David calmed our nerves and allowed us to enjoy our ceremony without any stress or anxiety. Our son was included in the sand ceremony. This was the most perfect... Read More and stress free I have ever felt in the whole process. Thank you so much! I would recommend them to anyone. Our wedding was personalize and exactly what we wanted with no debt behind it. Trust Rev. Margo and Rev. David at Beachpeople Weddings!!

2016-04-17T14:06:57 Response from the vendor

Awww, thank you so much, this is wonderful to hear! Bless you two!

Reviewed on 11/24/2015 sara l

Margo and David married my husband and I November 14th. They were PERFECT. Answered my 900 emails, were very patient, amazingly sweet, understanding, you name it, they are GREAT. Our families live all over the world so we chose to elope-they were great with that and made us... Read More feel comfortable. I really can't say enough good things about them. My only wish is that we could have spent more one on one time with them-They are THAT welcoming and inviting- just wonderful, nice people. I'm so happy they took such great care of us.

2015-11-25T06:06:30 Response from the vendor

Oh how sweet! Thanks for the compliments on us and our work, dear ones. We were so glad to be of assistance and we thought YOU were lovely, fun people too. Blessings to you both!

Rainy wedding day made bright

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Tammy

David and Margo are the best! Rob and I eloped to ocean isle.. Our ceremony was everything we asked for! Margo and David made our rainy day ceremony bright, perfect and almost magical! Margo took lovely photos despite the rain! I would highly recommend Beach people weddings to... Read More others. Margo and David truly helped to make " our day" unique and stress free. Beach people weddings were the perfect choice for us!

2015-11-10T07:55:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Tammy & Rob! It was a pleasure to work with you too--you both are such sweet natured people and your joy at your wedding was so obvious and contagious too! We had a great time too.... BIG hugs, dear ones. Blessings!

Beautiful Beach Wedding

Reviewed on 11/07/2015

David and Margo Sears of Beach People Weddings were wonderful to work with. They truly love what they do and are so good at it. David officiated the beach ceremony at Ocean Isle Beach, NC and Margo took the photographs. They provided a complete package with ceremony, flowers,... Read More music and pictures. The ceremony was just perfect and so relaxed and calm, no stress. They took care of everything for us. David played the wooden flute and the music added that special touch and he finished off the celebration by blowing the Triton Shell Horn. Such fun! The flowers from Calabash Florist were exactly what our daughter wanted complete with shell accents for that beachy look she wanted. The pictures that Margo took turned out amazing! She captured the whole event with personal touches. The whole experience was such a pleasure and David and Margo are special people who made our daughters special day magical and a memory that will last a life time.

2015-11-08T14:16:30 Response from the vendor

Oh wow, what a lovely recounting of a lovely day! We had fun with your family and we are SO pleased you all are pleased too. Thank you for writing this! Bless you!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015

I absolutely cannot say enough wonderful things about Margo & David!! Living in Ohio and being 11 hours away from our ceremony location I was very worried about planning our wedding. However, Margo and David quickly put my mind at ease with their professionalism, prompt answers... Read More to our questions, and their thoughtfulness!! From the planning process to the beautiful flowers and every little last detail they exceeded our expectations!! Our 8/8/15 Sunset Beach ceremony had our guests in awe at how personal and heartfelt it was!! And Margo's photography is truly exceptional!! It was such a joy to work with Margo and David and we wouldn't have wanted anyone else to handle our wedding. We highly recommend them!! Thank you both for making our perfect day so special!!

2015-10-19T15:47:42 Response from the vendor

THis is so kind of you, thank you! We love our work... and its not "work" when ya love it this much. ;) Bless you guys and thanks for letting us be a part of your special day! XXOO

Margo & David Sears

Congrats to you, friend! So, talk to us... with over 1,550 weddings under our belts, and continuous years of 5-star reviews, plus a Hall of Fame award for longevity, we can help you a LOT! For D.I.Y. couples we offer free planning/resources advice. As a former English professor, 2 Pastors of our rchurch, photographer, published author, and the Wilmington Wedding Whisperer... Margo has mad skills to assist you! David, Life Coach and Exec. Pastor, and meditation teacher, guides you through the planning and DOING of your amazing ceremony, too. Non-denominational, all faiths or non-religious!