Beachpeople Weddings

from Wilmington NC to OIB to Myrtle to Pawleys Island SC

"Best of Weddings" Awards & Hall of Fame Award

Congratulations! Good news: you just found THE best service professionals here, David & Margo (see the reviews below). Marry your soulmate (or re-tie the knot!) in a genuine, warm, customized ceremony done well, done YOUR way. We offer Photography, Officiants and Packages--we do indoor or outdoor; simple, elaborate or in-between; religious or non-religious or creative. Serving 75+ beaches & towns from Morehead City NC to Pawleys Island SC since 2004. ALL lifestyles & LGBT warmly welcome here. Offering a discount for active military, fire/police, vow renewals & winter wed dates. We are non-denominational and very awesome! So get your Fastest Reply by email & your questions are warmly welcome: [email protected] See you soon, friend!

Religious Affiliations

Buddhist, Catholic, Mormon, Adventist, Anglican/Episcopal, Baptist, Congregationalist, Holiness, Lutheran, Methodist, Nondenominational, Pentecostal, Presbyterian, Restorationist, Protestant, Quaker, Christian, Hindu, Interfaith, Reform, Jewish, Muslim, Pagan, Secular, Spiritual, Unitarian, Wiccan

After The Wedding, Getting Engaged, Ceremony, Wedding

Se Habla Español, Planning

from Wilmington NC to OIB to Myrtle to Pawleys Island SC (336) 314-0503

Reviewed on 2/19/2017

We contacted Beachpeople Weddings (David and Margo) on 12/28/16 to get more info on their services for our wedding on 2/11/17. Being that it was a little less then two months away we were very worried it would not be possible or we would have to cut corners to make it happen.... Read More From the moment we received our first email back from David and Margo we knew our dreams could come true. That very first email they were very straight forward with the prices (great prices!) and services they offered. They gave us suggestions for the services they did not offer such as arbor/arch, chairs, and tables etc. We were also given suggestions on how to do hair or what to wear in case it was cold or windy. These were things we did not think about since we do not live on or are at the beach often during the winter months. The phone appointment was where we all went over everything for the big day and when we ended that conversation my husband and I looked at each other and just smiled. David and Margo made things so easy and as stress free as possible. Margo assisted my husband and I in customizing our vows (something we both had dreaded). She made it a breeze! The day of the wedding they arrived and Margo started capturing precious pictures and David set up the location according to what we wanted. The ceremony was exactly how we wanted it to be beautiful and relaxed. David played his flute which was wonderful! We did the sand ceremony which included our four kids (other places we looked at would not accommodate this many children in the sand ceremony). It was a lot of fun for the kids and meaningful to us. David spoke slowly and was patient with my husband who froze up on two occasions, it made for a good laugh! At the end we wanted David to blow his shell horn, everyone thought that was neat. He also played a little on his flute for us to have our first dance right there on the beach. Meanwhile all this was going on Margo was capturing some AMAZING pictures and we had no idea. She got some pictures we wouldn't have thought possible because we did not once see her actually taking them. When we saw the pictures I told my family "I will never forget this day and if for any strange reason I ever did Margos pictures would tell me everything I need to know." Anyone can take a picture but it takes someone great to capture a moment where you can see and understand the story behind it. That's what Margo did, every picture was taken so perfectly in our eyes. Getting married in North Myrtle Beach and coming from Blythewood (about 3 hours) I was so worried our wedding would be a disaster and even thought about moving it closer to home but it was the complete opposite! It was a dream come true, our dream come true and its all thanks to David and Margo! I knew from that first email they were the right people for us. I loved how they went above and beyond and even beyond that to make sure we were comfortable, confident, and almost completely stress-free going into our wedding day. It makes us want to get remarried just to experience the wonderful and friendly service again! If I could give more then five stars I would. I HIGHLY recommend Beachpeople weddings to anyone! Thank you again David and Margo for making our day as pleasantly unforgettable as yall did!! We will be forever grateful! -Mr. & Mrs. Castillo

2017-02-20T06:57:16 Response from the vendor

Wow, what a lovely, detailed review of us, thank you so much! We were honored to be a part of your special day. You are a gorgeous and kind couple; your family was so sweet to us too! We loved being there. Thanks for making... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Breanna R

Oh how I adore David and Margo! I booked them almost a year out because my now husband and I found them and found their style so unique and exactly what we wanted for our beach wedding! They were in constant communication throughout the year but the phone conference was my... Read More favorite part. They are so friendly, loving, and humorous. I had bought my own sand ceremony stuff but opted to go with the one they provide because it was more unique and sentimental. The triton horn was fantastic and all of our guests, and the beach goers, loved it! I wish I hadn't have booked my photographer prior to booking for the officiant because Margo's photography is absolutely gorgeous and the only regret I have from my wedding day is that I didn't have Margo do my photography. If I could do it over again that is the only thing I would change. The ceremony was beautiful and tailored exactly to how we wanted it to be. If you're getting married on the beach please, please, please have David and Margo for your officiant and photography needs! Wonderful advice, wonderful encouragements, and the services they provide is above and beyond anything I could have expected. Thank you for making our ceremony so beautiful and so memorable for the both of us. Our love and sandy hugs to you both.

2017-06-30T21:01:43 Response from the vendor

WOW! Oh my goodness! I got tears now...I (Margo) am so deeply touched by this...this is the first time someone has said this about my work, THANK YOU!! David is so pleased to hear thes kind words and whoever-you-are, we love you too! We wish... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/18/2017 Alissah S

The BeachPeople did such a wonderful job in making our day unique, beautiful, spiritual, and special to us! They are truly a talented pair and work meticulously to ensure that your ceremony will be exactly like you imagined. They were always so sweet, helpful, and offered advice... Read More and answered all of our questions. We are so happy with Margo's gorgeous photography! On our big day, rain was in the forecast, but we kept our fingers crossed for sunshine. Thankfully, just before the ceremony began, the clouds gave way to a blue and sunny sky. Margo captured moments in her photography that I will return to frequently for the rest of my life. With David & Margo's help, we were able to have a wonderful, small ceremony and totally stellar photographs. I would definitely recommend their services to anyone wanting to be married on the beach!

2017-04-18T14:42:40 Response from the vendor

Awww, thank you so much for this. We enjoyed working with you and bless you!

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Jessica B

We can not say enough wonderful things about Margo and David. They made the process so easy. David was the officiant for our ceremony and it was perfect. Margo was our photographer and she had great suggestions for our photos. They are both warm and caring people. We couldn't be... Read More happier!!!

2017-08-23T16:23:20 Response from the vendor

Such kind words, thank you so very much! We are thrilled to be a part of your lovely day!

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Jeremy H

We could not be happier with the services provided by BeachPeople Weddings! We were planning a destination wedding in Ocean Isle Beach so we had to do most of our vendor research online. Their website was so informative and genuine and reviews were superb. They were prompt to... Read More answer questions. We met them for ice cream on our first trip to OIB for wedding planning. It was a no brainer for sure...we found the perfect officiant and photographer! The planning process was so well organized and they gave us so many great suggestions to help us tailor the ceremony of our dreams. Highly recommend the sand ceremony (great keepsake) and the blowing of the triton shell(so unique). David was our officiant and Margo our photographer. They each knocked it out of the park!! Words really can't describe how beautifully everything turned out. David and Margo are true professionals and the love of their work shines through. We feel blessed to have had them as part of our wedding and to have gotten to know them through the process. Thank you Margo and David!!

2017-07-17T11:51:19 Response from the vendor

You are so welcome! Thank you for the very kind words, we were happy to be of service for you all. A lovely bunch!

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Brittany P

My now Husband and I reached out to Margo and David three weeks before the date we had in mind and they made it happen. It was such a simple process and the communication was easy even through the email. I would recommend beach people weddings too any everyone. The day of the... Read More wedding David was absolutely AMAZING! He made the ceremony so relaxing. He's a great spirited man with an awesome personality. You can tell he has passion for what he does! The family and I adored him. This was one of the best experienced I ever had. I have not one single regret for hiring them for our special day. They made suggestions and we took there advice and it was absolutely beautiful and just perfect. We can't thank you enough for all you done and the wonderful sunrise ceremony!!!!!!!! Thank you, Dalvin & Brittany Parsons

2017-07-17T11:52:11 Response from the vendor

Very welcome! We were happy to be a part of it and your family was wonderful too. Blessings!

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Kimberly P

Having BeachPeopleWeddings involved in our wedding plans was like having two angels sent from heaven helping us all along the way! We had chosen my parents wedding anniversary as our date which disregarded any form of weather changes that we may have come up against and we did... Read More in fact come up against them on a beach that rarely has a storm . Margo and David were with us through it all making the best of it anyway and with the most beautiful photos possible in light of blustering winds and rain. Of course they had given us an option of another day, another time, another beach even but we were determined on our date and on our beach for sentimental reasons. In every possible way they were there for us from advice on how to go about getting our wedding license in North Carolina to even the most minor details If you're planning to get married on the beach in North Carolina, then you are fortunate to have these two as an option and should definitely check them out for a beautiful wedding of your own! Thank you SO much for the beautiful memories BeachPeopleWeddings ( Margo and David), we will cherish them always!

2017-06-30T09:34:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for all this love and kind words! We were pleased to be a part and enjoyed being there with you...true love is Grand! Bless you!

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Kimberly P

2017-07-17T11:54:31 Response from the vendor

Oh good commentary on the options of weather affecting things. We will always find a way! Bless you for the very kind words too!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Michelle E

Beachpeople Weddings are absolutely awesome!! David and Margo was professional and considerate of everything for our wedding! Being motorcycle enthusiast we wanted that perfect place to include our Harley Davidson in some beach photos. They gave us many options and helped us... Read More pick the perfect spot!! From the first stage of preparing, to the final blow of the Triton Shell Horn, you guys made it easy and very stress free! Thank you David for our beautiful ceremony and Margo for your outstanding photography!! Our wedding was a dream come true!!!

2017-06-14T07:51:38 Response from the vendor

Wow, that is wonderful! You are so welcome and thanks for the very kind words. It was fun to do! Bless you guys!

Reviewed on 4/29/2017 Kitty S

The beach people wedding officiant and photographer David and Margot sears went above and beyond our expectations. They were friendly yet professional. We got excellent pictures taken that are priceless. Our ceremony was perfect. And it all was planned in one week!!!! They even... Read More helped us find a hairstylist and an Arbor to rent.

2017-04-30T08:03:38 Response from the vendor

It was wonderful to be apart of your special day. You are a sweet couple! Bless you!

Reviewed on 4/18/2017 Cyndie L

The Sears' made a wonderful team. Together we put together a beautiful ceremony on the beach. We had to start late because of our temperamental 3 year old throwing a fit and they were very patient. The seashell heart was cute and I was really happy to be able to rent their PA... Read More for the ceremony. Margo had a great personality and didn't miss a beat when she was told that I failed to put together a list for the pictures I wanted. I tried to have it all together put that one fell through the cracks. We just got a preview of 50 pictures and they were beautiful; we can't wait to see the rest. We are so pleased with the job that they did. Their packages were all great deals and with technology what it is today (everyone thinks they're a photographer), we only really needed a photographer for the ceremony and they were EXTREMELY affordable and did high quality work. 5 stars for sure!

2017-04-18T14:41:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for these very kind words! It was wonderful for us too!

Reviewed on 4/13/2017 Susan F

Margo and David were great to work with and very accommodating to our special requests. They took time to have a detailed conference call to ensure everything was exactly the way we wanted it. I would also recommend Margo for photography. She did wonderful work and was very... Read More creative. She also took care of ordering the perfect bouquet for me. Would highly recommend them!

2017-04-14T07:14:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We were happy to be of service. Hugs to you!

Reviewed on 4/13/2017 Anqunette K

Margo & David are awesome!! a big help to us in so many way 1st just to speak with them both over phone I knew I had chosen the right couple they helped with a list of vendors, beaches, vows, the difference between Nc & Sc certificates & restrictions just from their tips I... Read More didn't need a planner and my wedding was exactly how I imagine oh and Margo photography is out of this world gorgeous.. Thanks Again!!!

2017-04-14T07:14:59 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the kind words! It was fun and wonderful to be a part of your day. Blessings to you all!

Reviewed on 3/30/2017 Rachel P

We hired David & Margo for our destination wedding in North Topsail based off their reviews and ratings and we are so glad we did! They did a wonderful job getting us prepared from writing the ceremony & vows to ordering flowers to answering my many questions even with the many... Read More miles that seperated us! When the big day came a cold front had rolled in and we had lots of wind, rain, and very cold temperatures. But David & Margo worked with us to watch the radar and we were able to have the ceremony without getting rained on. Despite the cold and wind, everyone talked about what a beautiful and touching ceremony it was! People who weren't at the ceremony thought it was a perfect day to have a tropical beach wedding when they saw our photos! Margo was able to capture all the best moments and even made it seem like it wasn't that cold. Due to the rain and temperature we had to do most of our pictures at the beach house instead of the beach, but she made the most of it and was able to get us great pictures anyway! They are both very down to earth and so easy to work with. We are so glad we found David & Margo to do our wedding and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone wanting to do a beautiful beach wedding!

2017-03-30T15:03:53 Response from the vendor

What a great response to the photos-lol! We had fun too with your sweet families and friends too. That March rain sprinkle was chilly, but we can handle it and so did you guys! Your photos were fun for me too! Blessings to you all.

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Maria C

David and Margo Sears are amazing!! They both made us feel very comfortable and relaxed, which enabled us to be able to really enjoy our wedding. We wanted a very simple cozy feel without taking any of the specialness away from our wedding day. They delivered flawlessly!! I... Read More highly recommend them!!!

2017-03-21T07:25:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for these kind words! We were happy to be a part of your special day... it was lovely and you are sweet people. Bless you!

Reviewed on 3/16/2017 Steven B

David and Margo were the absolute best! They ensured that our wedding was simply perfect! They guided us through the process, gently nudging us appropriately. Their personalities fit us and our nuptials, providing us exactly the ceremony we desired. They were more than just our... Read More officiants, they became our friends. The vows, the ceremony, the setting, the company, the pictures were exactly unbelievably perfect. Jodi and I cannot adequately express our gratitude and complete satisfaction. We don't know how they did it, but even the weather cooperated! Sunny and warm at the beach, in March!!! LOL. Love you guys!!

2017-03-17T15:38:46 Response from the vendor

Awww, thank you so much, angels! We were honored to be a part of it and YOU are wonderful you. Big hugs!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Rashena L

My husband and I just wed on 11/12/2016. Margo and David were awesome to work with. Every aspect was about my husband and I. We mixed up a few ceremony scripts to personalize our own, which I loved. David was an awesome officiant and Margo was an excellent director/photographer.... Read More She gets the job done and knows what looks best. They had around 30 days, or less, notice of our wedding and they had every piece of the wedding day puzzle in place. I am so grateful for them because after the wedding, there was no doubt in my mind that my husband and I made the best decision by going with an intimate beach wedding. Thank you Margo and David for giving us the most memorable day, one we will cherish for the rest of our lives! I truly believe God places the people we need in our lives so I am truly honored that God allowed our lives to cross paths! Again, thank you both!

2016-11-16T08:29:29 Response from the vendor

Thank y ou so much from your kind words! We were happy to be a part of your lovely day. We are very glad you all enjoyed it!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Jenna B

Margo and David exceeded our expectations! Our wedding was more perfect than we had hoped for down to every detail! They are very special, unique people who naturally have a warm, happy aura surrounding them! It was an amazing day, thank you!!

2016-10-30T17:45:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words and wonderful description of us. We love our work and our sweet, cool clients!!! :)

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Lisa B

Hi my husband and I were married on September 25,2016. We are both beach people and naturally wanted to wed on the beach at Oak Island. I did my research to find the perfect officiants and photographers to help us on our special day. We wanted to have an intimate ceremony that... Read More included our furbaby which meant not only finding the perfect place,time and location but also someone that would be able to handle any unexpected situation that having your fourlegged baby present could arise! Margo and David with BeachpeopleWeddings were an excellent choice!!!! I contacted them online and explained what we both wanted and thought would make our day perfect for us and asked for suggestions. The response time from the first email to being on our way to the perfect day was unbelievable, not only were all request made into a reality but even better than we could have ever dreamt. We were shown examples of vows and given the opportunity to create our own or use one of the many offered by them. We made our vows through a combination of ours and theirs in which made them personal just for us. Dean and I were married at 7 am on a nearly deserted beach with a spectacular sunrise. Margo did the photography and David performed our ceremony- these are amazing people that excell in their field of work, both professionally and emotionally. I would highly recommend their services to anyone needing a little extra help making their perfect day come true., not only did we find the right choice in service but also feel we made a couple of new friends along the way💕

2016-09-27T21:03:38 Response from the vendor

Oh my gosh, you're gonna make us cry... this is so kind and touching to read, thank you! We really do care about our clients, but not everyone has time to notice/comment nor do we expect it--weddings are about the Couple, not about us. But... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Leslie M

Margo and David did a wonderful job with our wedding. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. We highly recommend them.

2016-09-19T08:22:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! Blessings!

Reviewed on 8/17/2016

It was everything and more. They both made the day really special, Marge made us feel really comfortable with the picture, David made the ceremony really special. If i could i would do it again better the way we both felt.

2016-08-18T09:23:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We were pleased to be a part!

Reviewed on 7/15/2016

We were married in Emerald Isle, NC the evening of May 31, 2016. We were so happy and thankful we found Margo and David at Beachpeopleweddings.com. We were impressed with the quality of their services. Margo and David helped up prepare for our very special ceremony on the... Read More beach and provided lots of tips along the way. They even monitored the weather and arrived a little early to ensure we avoided the rain. Margo and David both connected with our family and were very personable and caring. Margo is an exceptional photographer and her creativity made our photos even more special. The flowers from Calabash were beautiful as well. Beachpeopleweddings.com is the real deal and we give them 5 stars!!!! Jacqui & John

2016-07-16T14:57:36 Response from the vendor

Wonderful to hear, thank you so much! We were so pleased to be there for you. Blessings!

Reviewed on 7/01/2016

We were married in Ocean Isle Beach NC and are so thankful Margo and David did our wedding. They made the process fun and easy- no stress involved. The ceremony was beautifully done- we were so happy with it. Margo was a fantastic photographer- she made having your photo's taken... Read More a great experience (and I hate having my photo taken). We love the photos and will treasure our memories of that day forever. I wholeheartedly recommend them.

2016-07-02T09:39:40 Response from the vendor

Awww, thank you so much! Its fun to work with such genuinely sweet and loving people. Bless you!

Reviewed on 6/29/2016

Myrtle Beach, SC Wedding June 23,2016 Where do I begin... My husband and I have both been married before and our wedding could not have been more perfect! Margo and David are simply amazing. From day one of finding them they made the process fun and easy! They know their... Read More business very well and are very professional, as well as fun loving. You can tell they completely LOVE what they do. The cost is outstanding! All in one stop shop from flowers made by Calabash, (Absolutely beautiful! Exactly what I wanted.) to Margo being an amazing photographer and David playing amazing music with his tribal flute. It was beautiful! They also recommended a great videographer, that I would highly recommend as well ( Bob Collins). If you are planning a wedding wether it's your first or multiple I would not go with anyone other than Beach People Wedding! My words can't even begin to to discribe how wonderful they are!! Love you guys, thank you for making our special day more special than we could have dreamed. Quite simply the most magical and beautiful day of our life ( besides having my kids of course 😃)! I can't thank them enough. Highly recommend David and Margo Sears Beach People Weddings!

2016-07-02T09:41:12 Response from the vendor

This is so wonderful to hear, thanks for the kind words! We were happy to be there and share this experience with you all. Big hugs!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016

Margo and David could not be more lovely. They were so helpful through the process and they are genuine and heart felt people. They really care. The ceremony could not have been nice and Margo was fantastic by taking pictures. We can not recommend Margo and David more... Read More highly.

2016-06-29T10:30:15 Response from the vendor

Awww,bless you! Thank you so much! We were honored to be a part. Big hugs!

Margo & David Sears

Congrats to you, friend! So, talk to us... with over 1,550 weddings under our belts, and continuous years of 5-star reviews, plus a Hall of Fame award for longevity, we can help you a LOT! For D.I.Y. couples we offer free planning/resources advice. As a former English professor, 2 Pastors of our rchurch, photographer, published author, and the Wilmington Wedding Whisperer... Margo has mad skills to assist you! David, Life Coach and Exec. Pastor, and meditation teacher, guides you through the planning and DOING of your amazing ceremony, too. Non-denominational, all faiths or non-religious!