Southern California and I also love traveling!

I love what I do and I make sure your special day will be remembered for years to come. I know that you've planned for your special day and so many things have to get done, but I'll make sure your relaxed and having fun!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Fullerton, CA Los Angeles/Orange County (626) 475-5925

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Gabrielle H

Bernard photographed our engagement shoot and wedding. He's absolutely wonderful! My husband does not like being in photos, but Bernard made us feel so comfortable from the moment we met, which helped my husband A LOT! He also took the most beautiful photos of us on our special... Read More day. We were incredibly happy with how gorgeous the photos turned out. He truly cares to provide his clients with the most memorable, beautiful photos. While taking our engagement photos, he even politely asked people (in a public place) to move out of the areas where a perfect picture could be captured just so we would have the best. I highly recommend Bernard to anyone! Thanks so much, Bernard!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Stephanie R

Bernard was incredible! I hired him for our wedding last month and have already received our photos. He was professional, helpful, attentive, and patient. On the day of my wedding it was close to 100* outside. He worked with the unfortunate lighting and captured some amazing... Read More moments. My photos are beautiful. The catholic church where our ceremony was very strict about his positioning but he worked around the guidelines. The photos from inside the church are beautiful. Also, He's also super down to earth and easy-going, which was very important to me, I felt like I could be myself around him. 10/10 would recommend!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Brianna B

Bernard is INCREDIBLE! He captures so many cherished moments and significant details. From our engagement session to our wedding day, every interaction we had with him was so enjoyable. His attention to detail, alignment, and symmetry makes for perfection in every photo! I would... Read More HIGHLY recommend Bernard to anyone and everyone!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Michelle C

Bernard is amazing! I highly recommend him if you are looking for beautiful engagement or wedding photos. My fiance and I are shy and awkward people, but Bernard made us feel super comfortable and coached us well on how to pose naturally. He has great attention to detail and can... Read More make a beautiful location look even more amazing. I could not be any happier with how our photos came out!!! We will cherish the photos forever along with the wonderful memories of that day.

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Jacquelyn R

I was referred to Brolandphotography by a coworker. I was told he did a great job and was very professional. That is exactly what I got on my wedding day, I am so glad I reached out and booked him. My photos came out absolutely beautiful. He was able to get all the photo poses I... Read More wanted and ones I didn't know would come out so good. I am very happy with the services and would recommended to anyone! Thank you!!

Reviewed on 4/22/2017 Rica M

Bernard was hands-down a fantastic vendor from day one, and fulfilled everything I wanted in a wedding photographer. Quick to respond to messages, professional, polite, good-humored, and easy to be around. Both my husband and I enjoyed working with him throughout the process,... Read More and felt like we were dealing with a friend. Bernard took our engagement photos as part of our (affordable!) wedding package, and not only did he deliver great shots, but he made us both comfortable during the photo session. Neither my husband or I enjoy getting our pictures taken and consider actually ourselves un-photogenic, but Bernard was very patient with us and found ways to make us feel comfortable and look great! On the wedding day itself, Bernard and his second shooter Matt were on time and on point. It was no easy chore wrangling our wedding party together through the chaos, but they both worked smoothly with our big groups of family and friends (about 175 people), from the church to the reception area. We had a Catholic church wedding, an indoor dinner reception afterward, and a slight drizzle to deal with throughout the day, but Bernard and Matt dealt with challenges with patience and good humor. They made sure to stick with us to the last minute for as long as we needed them at the reception. We received our finished photos very quickly. Bernard got terrific shots of the entire day, including the many reception details. It is worth noting that he is quick to respond to messages and easy to contact via text or email. You can tell he's as much a pro at managing his business as he is a talented photographer. For the price, level of service, and quality of work I 101% recommended this guy! (Thanks for everything, Bernard! :) )

Reviewed on 3/14/2017 Whitney Y

I only wish we had more time to take pictures! But that was only because the ceremony ran late. Other than that, Bernard and his assistant were awesome! My husband and I love our pictures!

Reviewed on 12/15/2016

After seeing the way another couple's wedding photos with Bernard turned out we asked and were told he was great to work with and was highly recommended. Bernard did a wonderful job from start to finish. We hired him for both our engagement shoot and wedding day, which were... Read More about a year apart. Bernard is both professional and an amazing photographer. What I appreciate the most about him is that he has a wonderful modern style and great technique but he wont cost you an arm and a leg. His value is incomparable. He was always quick to respond to any questions we had and always kept open lines of communication. Bernard is obviously talented at his work but he also has a very calming presence and always made the bride feel comfortable even in stressful moments. He captured two great days in our lives and we are so grateful for the final product and beautiful memories.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Melissa S

My husband and I booked Bernard for our engagement and wedding photos after finding him on The Knot. He's amazingly talented, very friendly and fun to work with, and his packages are actually affordable (we had a strict budget and he worked with us). Throughout our wedding... Read More planning process, Bernard was very responsive and very helpful with any questions we had. Always on time, professional, and fun to work with! He made us feel very comfortable in front of the camera and all of our pictures came out amazing! I would highly recommend Bernard to anyone looking for amazing photos at an affordable rate and a professional, laid back, fun photographer to make your day special! We are SO grateful to have found him.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Linda P

The Short Version: We hired Bernard for the following projects: engagement pictures, tea ceremony and wedding ceremony [note these events occurred on separate days]. Wedding day also included a second photographer. Bernard is accommodating, prompt, professional, friendly, &... Read More affordable Turnaround time for pictures was super quick Would hire again for any future projects The Long Version: Engagement Pictures: Bernard is amazing! The hubby and I live in northern California and had our wedding in the OC. Our trips to LA are rare and far between and always jam packed with things to do and people to see. Even though I know his schedule is super busy with not only work but family too, he accommodated his schedule to fit ours in order to take our engagement pictures. Our engagement pictures were more than I could have expected. To be honest, the hubby and I are very awkward in front of any cameras. Bernard was able to make us feel comfortable and made us forget that he and the camera were even there. Our engagement pictures captured the essence of us, which was very much appreciated. Tea Ceremony: The quality and turnaround time for our engagement pictures made it easy for us to make the decision to hire Bernard for our tea ceremony [which occurred months before our wedding ceremony/reception]. Bernard was [again] professional and prompt. He was respectful towards the older folks in the family, which is always a concern where there are cultural traditions involved. The location of the tea ceremony wasn’t any place fancy and lacked pretty landscaping and all that jazz, but again, Bernard is AMAZING! He was able to turn my backyard full of dead brush and grass, electricity poles and pretty much crap into a tropical landscape with an awesome mountain view. Our bridal party was blown away with all our pictures because they were in our backyard and saw the same scenery we did, but the pictures did not reflect any of the negative aspects of the location. Wedding Day/Reception: Bernard and his second shooter, Matt, were both prompt and immediately got to work. Again, Bernard was super accommodating, as our schedule was not going according to planned. For the getting ready pictures, Bernard took photos of the girls and Matt took photos of the boys. Bernard was again very respectful to the moms and family in the bridal sweet. Per the boys, Matt was easy to talk to about anything. Wedding day = stressful day and it doesn’t help when you hire a wedding planner that sucks [yes, I’m not a unicorn farting out rainbows all day long; I’m honest with my critiques & reviews]. Bernard was aware of the situation and reminded me to remember that the day was about me and the hubby and not all the frilly details. Back to the sucky planner, who told Bernard and Matt they couldn't take a meal break after working for 9 hours [even though it was scheduled!]. I didn't hear about this situation until after the wedding. They were both amazing and took everything in stride. Thank you so much guys! I won’t reiterate how great Bernard was on the wedding day. [See above for examples of what makes him a great photographer and awesome person in general.] After the wedding, we received our pictures pretty quickly. We received all the raw footage as well as edited photos. Again pictures were beautiful. We couldn’t be more happy with our decision to hire Bernard! Thank you so much Bernard! <3

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Linda P

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Marc J

Yeah

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Ratana W

We hired Bernard for our engagement and wedding photography. We opted out of hard copies and only wanted digital copies. We got a very reasonable price for the engagement and wedding package, which included a second photographer for the ceremony/reception. Bernard's turn around... Read More time was amazing! Two days after the engagement photo shoot, Bernard sent us an online link for the photos so we can post them on social media. Since our May wedding was in peak season, we received the photos five weeks after the wedding--which was right on time since that was the agreed upon time period. Bernard also mailed DVDs for both engagement and wedding photos. Bernard was very responsive via email, text, and video conference. We FaceTimed to discuss the contract before signing and Bernard clarified all of my questions during the meeting. Since I've never had a professional photographer take my photos before, I was very nervous and unsure how to pose. During the engagement shots, Bernard was very professional and personable, and gave clear directions on how to make the photos look best. I highly recommend taking the engagement photos first so that you can work out which shots you'd prefer for the wedding photos. Overall, I highly recommend Bernard! He's a pleasure to work with and priced reasonably. Bernard's work is beautiful and he takes great care to ensure the perfect shots are captured on the big day. He is diligent in making sure that all family/friends are included in the group portrait shots. If you need examples of his work, his blog has tons of pictures of previous events he's covered. (Maybe he'll post our photos on there!) Engagement: Katie Wheeler Library Ceremony: Oak Canyon Nature Reception: Orange Mining Company

Reviewed on 4/26/2016 Hannah R

I recently hired Bernard for my wedding on April 8 and I couldn't be happier. He and a second photographer were there for 8 hours. They were both very personable, professional and also easy going which makes you feel so much more comfortable in front of the camera. It's clear... Read More that they have lots of experience shooting weddings. They made sure to get all the family portrait/wedding party shots we wanted. My husband and I are not crazy about getting our pictures taken but they made it so easy and just made it feel so natural and I think that comes through in the photos. The photos look absolutely BEAUTIFUL! They are everything I wanted out of my wedding pictures and more. It's so nice to have photos that reflect how special of a day that was for us. I've already gotten so many compliments on them. I really can't say enough about how pleased I am with my decision to hire Bernard. He is awesome!

Reviewed on 3/08/2016

Choosing a wedding photographer is the most important part of your wedding. They help you remember the most beautiful parts of your wedding. Bernard did more than help me remember. His talent not only captures your memories, but also captures your feelings. Every emotion you... Read More felt that day is forever preserved in his photographs. As I look through the pictures he took on our wedding, I feel enamored at the most wonderful day of my life. I am so glad I chose Bernard as my photographer on my wedding. He is an absolute joy to work with and only adds positivity to the experience that is your wedding day. Not only that, but his partner Matt also has a great vision. Both of them made a fantastic team and I was so blessed to have both of them. They came highly recommended to me, and now I highly recommend him to anyone! Thank you Bernard & Matt!

Reviewed on 12/18/2015 Manuel E

Well I have never been one to post reviews, I guess I'm better at saying what I think and feel in person but I will give it try! A few months back I start to look into photographers for our wedding and my main objective was to find one with a great and quality work and that's... Read More when I found Bernard! I looked at every pic he had on his site and blog and officially made him our photographer! My fiancé and I really loved his pictures, his style and had just one last thing in mind to seal the deal, the price!!!. I think everyone takes that into consideration..lol. It's hard to find a great photographer with a reasonable price, but thank God we found one, Bernard!. Man we were truly blessed to find him and we have been truly happy with his photos. On Nov 7, 2015 he really did an amazing job at our wedding and went beyond what we expected. Hey he even helped me coordinate some of my wedding cuz I was so lost at some points..lol. So I can only say he was pretty chill and amazing to work with, even the assistant he brought along was so awesome to be with! I would definitely recommend him again and most likely use him again for some family pictures Thanks again Bernard for all that you did for us, can't wait to work with you again in the future. From Ev and I thank you very much and God bless!!!

Wedding Photography

Reviewed on 12/11/2015 Lauren R

Bernard was great! My husband and I hired him for our engagement photos & wedding photos. Bernard is easy to work with and he will capture those priceless moments. And to add great work at an affordable price! Thanks Bernard!

ABSOLUTE BEST!

Reviewed on 12/02/2015 Alex L

With Bernard as our photographer, I had absolutely no worries with how our wedding photos would turned out. He goes above and beyond to make sure that his clients are comfortable and have an amazing EYE for good shots. We are OVER the moon with how our the pictures turned out,... Read More and could not be more pleased!! From the very beginning, he was extremely professional, prompt with communication via emails, and most importantly, he was friendly and easy to work with. I sent him some sample wedding pictures/poses that I wanted to do a few days before the wedding, and he managed to remember all of them and made it happened! He is really good at taking notes on what his clients want. On the day of the wedding, he brought in a second shooter, Matt, who was just as much a pleasure to work with. The two of them have great personality that brings the best out of you in the pictures. They showed up on time and was ready to rock and roll! They also made our wedding party felt at ease, especially my MOH who tends to be quite camera shy. During the reception, they were so fast with their cameras, capturing all the details and all of our guests. Bernard works really hard to get the perfect shot, he never rushes you. When we received the DVDs with our wedding pictures, I was so amazed at the amazing lighting and colors that Bernard was able to capture. Our wedding venue was all outdoors with a ton of redwood trees, and our pictures literally looked like we were in the middle of a forest. LOVE LOVE LOVE. Going through our pictures was like reliving the whole day all over again. After our wedding, we were asked countless time from many of our friends, coworkers, and family where we found our photographer and a couple of friend even asked if he was a "The Knot" rated photographer, hah! His pricing is also extremely reasonable considering the amazing shots that you will get. If you are looking for an easy-going professional photographer who aims to please his clients and who captures the most amazing pictures, look no further! Bernard is your guy!

Broldanphotography Review

Reviewed on 3/25/2015

My wedding date was 3/21/15 and my photographer was Bernard Roldan of Broldanphotography. Bernard is a great photographer. Not only did he truly captured the moments of our wedding but was extremely fun and enthusiastic throughout the day. He made us (myself and my bride) feel... Read More comfortable, which made our photos seem genuine and authentic. Bernard suggested certain shots to take as well as being considerate to the shots we wanted. I highly suggest Bernard Roldan for future photography needs.

Wedding Photography

Reviewed on 1/24/2015

I highly recommend this photographer. The pictures are fabulous! He is very easy to work with and very professional. Throughout the day, he was unobtrusive but he had shots of everything.

Marlos Wedding Pics

Reviewed on 10/24/2014

Bernard is Awesome! He really cares about what you want and boy does he deliver. He was really fun to work with as well. He brings an awesome energy! If you go with Bernard you will not be sorry. I have recommended him to several of my friends and co workers. Thank you so much... Read More Bernard for knocking our pictures out of the park!!!!

Bernard Roldan

Hello!My name is Bernard Roldan and i'm married to my amazing wife Ana and have two awesome little boys Nathan and Joshua. I always enjoyed taking photos while traveling locally and abroad. What simply began as a hobby, has transpired into my passion today. I feel lucky to be part of making someone else’s treasured memories. I believe that life is a journey, and photographs are a reflection that holds our most special moments and emotions. I am excited on continuing my journey and will be honored to be part of yours. -Bernard Roldan