Is this your business? claim it now

Cakes by Cathy Young

San Antonio, TX

Cakes + Desserts

1250 Pinyon Hill, San Antonio, TX (210) 493-8466

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Brittany M

If you want the most delicious wedding cake that is also super beautiful - you cannot go wrong with Cakes by Cathy Young. We were sold the second we tried her vanilla and chocolate chocolate chip cupcakes during our consultation. My husband, who doesn't even like cakes, was... Read More amazed at how good they taste. Every single vendor I used recommended her. Our cake was stunning for our wedding and fed 250 people. We highly recommend using Cakes by Cathy Young for your wedding or event!

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Jason M

We are so happy with the great work Cathy did on our wedding cake. She took our idea of a dragon themed cake and really made it amazing. It looked and tasted spectacular. A very awesome touch for our Harry Potter themed wedding.

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Katherine A

She did my daughter's wedding last weekend and EVERYONE has been raving about how AWESOME the cakes were!!!! They were incredible ,very moist and clearly fresh!!! They were gorgeous too!!!

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Angel G

BEST decision ever! The process for cake tasting and to meet with Cathy was so easy! The wedding cake(s) were so beautiful and absolutely delicious! If you are looking for the perfect wedding cake go with Cathy! You won't regret it!!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Michelle L

Cathy did a fantastic job on our cake. We selected Cathy because she was recommended to us by over 15 different people. It was a fabulous recommendation. I was telling my cousin how we there was going to be an awesome cake at the wedding. He responded that he doesn't like... Read More dessert. Well on the big day he ended up eating 3 pieces. Cathy's cakes can turn dessert haters into dessert lovers! I wanted to do cake pull (charms connected to ribbons) on the bottom of cake. Cathy was totally willing to accommodate this request and it was one of my favorite parts of the entire reception.

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Brittany M

My wedding cake was the best!! Cathy makes such delicious and beautiful cakes. My guests absolutely loved the cake:) Her strawberry cake is AMAZING and I could not have asked for a more perfect wedding cake! You will not be disappointed!:)

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Kimberly K

Her cake is the BEST cake I have ever eaten! She made me a gorgeous pink rosette and gold layered strawberry and vanilla bridal cake. Not only did it look beautiful, it tasted unbelievable. Friends and family told me they had multiple pieces of the cake that night because... Read More they couldn't stop eating it! I have packed away our top layer to enjoy on our 1 year anniversary, and am tempted to get into it every time I see it in the freezer! Cathy is so sweet, and I couldn't have been any happier with our cake. Thank you for everything!

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Sarah C

Cathy made us a German chocolate Texas A&M groom cake and it was delicious. Multiple people at the wedding and after the wedding have told me how tasty the cake was. The cake turned out exactly like the picture I sent and the price was reasonable. Cathy was also very easy to... Read More work with. I ended up asking if I could add a tier last minute with a higher guest count than anticipated and she said of course. Thank you Cathy for being great to work with and for a wonderful cake!

Reviewed on 4/19/2017 Cortney G

The cake was amazing and Cathy is so sweet and great to work with. We had a grooms cake as well and they both turned out amazing!!!

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Sarah S

We selected Cakes by Cathy for 3 reasons: we loved the moistness (and flavor!) of the samples we tasted, we had received glowing recommendations from several friends, and after meeting her we trusted she would do a good job. When I walked into our reception I was blown away at... Read More how GORGEOUS the cake was. It looked like a picture in a magazine! It tasted more delicious than I'd remembered and I am not exaggerating when I say that SO MANY of our guests actually raved about the cake and how delicious it was. She also helped advise us on the feasibility of a cake stand I had purchased and also ensured there was stability built into the top tier to accommodate the custom cake topper I had ordered. I cannot imagine anyone in San Antonio getting a better wedding cake anywhere else. Cathy is simply the best. THANK YOU for the beautiful, delicious cake!

Reviewed on 3/23/2017 Kathryn H

We got married at Don Strange Ranch and they recommended Cakes by Cathy for our wedding cake. We could not have been happier! Cathy is so sweet and an absolute joy to work with. My fiancé and I had NO idea what kind of cake we wanted. Not only did she make multiple (and I mean... Read More multiple) cakes for tasting, she helped guide us on what kind of cake would look good in our rustic ranch setting. The cake and icing is hands down the best cake I've ever eaten!! Our guests still talk about how good it was. My husband is a huge Houston Texans fan and she made him so happy with a logo Texans grooms cake. We would use Cathy again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Jessica S

By far the most delicious cake I have ever had! There were almost no leftovers even though we got a bigger cake than needed because they guests kept going back for more! Cathy does beautiful and delicious work, and she was incredibly easy to work with. Definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 2/23/2017 Toni D

Two words: Simply delicious. Okay, one more: gorgeous!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Catherine C

I have never tasted cake that is so good! Cathy made the most gorgeous cakes for our wedding and took on the challenge of giving my Husband the "Cookie Cake" he has always imagined he would have as his grooms cake. Everyone made comments about how moist and delicious both of our... Read More cakes were. She has the best cakes in the San Antonio area. You can not go wrong with picking her.

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Jamie S

Ok... Lets begin at the very beginning... Our first meeting with Cathy was AMAZING, perfect even. From the moment she invited us into her home for the cake tasting, to the very last day, we loved her. Cathy felt like family to us. At that time we were unsure of having a grooms... Read More cake and she suggested with the amount of guests we were having to just do one wedding cake. Let me just tell you, after tasting the vanilla cake, We didn't need a second cake. And I am a chocolate fan. But that vanilla cake literally melted in my mouth and for a YEAR I dreamed about that cake. Have you ever been to a wedding and there was cake left over?? I have.... Well not our wedding. Everyone was able to get several servings and it was all gone within the hour. That's how good it was. My friends and family are still talking about it. Thank you Cathy for doing our cake. Not only was it beautiful, It was so amazing and I can't wait to have you do another one for us soon. (I'll find a reason to have more of your cake)

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Erika G

Cathy made my now husband and I most delicious cakes I've ever tasted in my life and also the most beautiful! Cathy is a joy to work with and she is simply the best! Please hire! I will definitely use her again for hopefully now my future children's birthdays!

Reviewed on 4/28/2016 Jessica G

Freaking incredible! Guest said that was the BEST WEDDING cake they've ever had. Everything was gorgeous and so delicious!

Reviewed on 2/19/2016 Sara

Our wedding cake was INCREDIBLE. Cathy also made a specialty groom's cake for us and it did not disappoint! So many guests told us it was the best cake they've ever had (wedding or not!)! Book Cathy now!

Reviewed on 2/08/2016 Sara L

The cake was amazing and beautiful as well!!! All of our guests went back for a second piece and could not stop talking about it!!!

Reviewed on 12/01/2015 Sarah B

Oh my word, most delicious cakes ever! Cathy did an amazing job with my husband's baseball glove-shaped groom's cake, and the bridal cake was gorgeous as well! Very highly recommend Cathy Young!

Delicious! Amazing! Guests still talking about it!

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Misti F

When I asked on FB who had the best wedding cakes in town it was a unanimous, hands down reply of many friends and acquaintances that Cathy Young's cakes are by far the best! One quote said "when you go to her house you just want to taste her air." I can honestly say, all of... Read More them were right! Cathy is quite the baker and such a sweet person to work with as well. We had originally chosen her vanilla cake with buttercream and months later I decided I needed to try her amaretto. She made me a little Cupcake to pick up and try and it was to die for! Needless to say, that's what we decided to go with. All the cake lovers at our wedding raved about the cake and even people that weren't planning on eating cake went to grab a piece because everyone was telling them how amazing it was! We had a to go box of cake after the wedding we froze and picked on for two weeks, and it was still just as wonderful! I can't wait for our one year anniversary to get out our frozen top layer to enjoy! I will definitely use Cathy again and absolutely recommend her for your wedding or even!

SO yummy!!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Heather B

Cathy made our wedding cake, which guests are still weeks later talking about how delicious it was! I met with Cathy and was able to taste some of her more popular flavors and show her pictures of what I had in mind for what I wanted my cake to look like. She delivered a... Read More beautiful cake that was exactly how I wanted it to look, and then the flavor was above and beyond anyone expectations!! I even had some cake for breakfast the next morning! :) She was so sweet and easy to work with. I will definitely be using Cathy in the future!

DELISH!

Reviewed on 8/14/2015

Cakes by Cathy Young is AMAZING and delicious! She is incredibly endearing to you and delivers an outstanding, delicious product! we have been eating leftover cake DAILY! Her cakes are not only delicious, they are beautiful!

Best Cakes in the Business!

Reviewed on 7/16/2015 Lindsey H

Cathy Young is the sweetest woman and genuinely interested in what you want for your wedding. She made a gorgeous wedding cake for us that was classic and so tasty. Instead of a filling, she was able to slice fresh strawberries and it tasted like strawberry shortcake. It turned... Read More out gorgeous and so yummy. She also made a groom's cake for my husband with the vintage San Antonio Spurs logo and it was a huge hit. Her chocolate cake is to die for - she bakes chocolate chips into the chocolate cake batter and it is the best cake I've ever had. She made everything so easy and dropped the cake off on the day of the wedding. I was VERY happy with her service and cake and will definitely use her for future cakes!

Exactly what I wanted

Reviewed on 10/20/2014

My husband (fiancé at the time) went with our wedding planner to sample Cathy's cakes and we immediately knew we wanted to hire her. She showed us multiple designs she was capable of doing. I gave her a few details I knew I liked, and she was able to draw up a new design for me... Read More on the spot. When we said it was only for 50-ish people, she immediately gave us a (very reasonable) price. She was very easy to work with and, most importantly, the cake she made was beautiful and delicious!