Charles Studio

Serving Frederick, MD and Surrounding Areas

Your Perfect Day Captured Forever!

We capture the once-in-a-lifetime moments of your unique wedding day. We comprehensively photograph the candid moments and traditional wedding portraits while orchestrating unique and whimsical moments to showcase your love and romance. Call us today to reserve your special day with us!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available

Serving Frederick, MD , Frederick, MD Serving Frederick, MD and Surrounding Areas (301) 662-6322

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Rachel P

I cannot rave enough about how amazing Alexa from Charles Studio is! I was naturally worried about not having enough lighting after our ceremony on 11/12 but Alexa reassured me we would make it work! And we sure did! She had some fabulous ideas. I received several comments from... Read More our guests on how they could not wait to see the sunset pictures! I recently saw a sneak peak and these pictures are phenomenal!! Cannot wait to see more :)

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Elizabeth M

My whole family was beyond happy with the service Alexa and her assistant Daisy provided for us the day of our wedding. From the get go, Alexa was incredibly speedy in her emails. She answered all of our questions quickly and fully. The day of the wedding, she came over and got... Read More straight to business photographing details while I was getting ready. I barely noticed her, she was so fast and efficient. She was there when we needed her, and even had some day of emergency supplies when we needed them. So well prepared and helpful. She was fully aware of time restraints, and she made sure that we got pictures done, (using poses I had shown her I liked) and back to the reception with enough time to enjoy the day. At the reception, she noticed I had kicked off my heels and even offered to go back to my hotel room and pick up my Chucks. She goes above and beyond what you would expect a photographer to do. We can not wait to see the pictures and moments she captured. I have no doubts they will be stunning!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Lauren F

I initially contacted Charles Studio about wedding photography, but after our consultation I knew I needed to book her for engagement photography as well. I was blown away with our highschool sweetheart engagement session photos that I couldn't wait for my wedding day! Charles... Read More Studio captured the romantic vision I had always wanted for my wedding day perfectly. Alexa at Charles Studio was nothing less than amazing. She was extremely organized, professional, and truly went above and beyond what I would have expected from a photographer. From coming to the makeup studio to capture some quick getting ready photos before the wedding, to making sure my husband and groomsmen had their boutineres and remembering everyone in the wedding party by their first name, was nothing short of amazing! Not to mention all while sticking to our extremely tight time schedule, Alexa exceeded our expectations. As a nervous bride, she truly calmed my nerves and eased my wedding day jitters by making sure everything ran smoothly, and not just with the photography. The quality of work you get from Charles Studio is exceptional. I have received so many wonderful compliments on my engagement and wedding photos. One thing I couldn't live without were some goregeous sunset photos and lucky for us, that day we had a beautiful sunset and we made it outside just in time to capture some breathtaking photos. If you are looking for a photographer who will go above and beyond to make sure the images you cannot live without will be captured, Alexa at Charles Studio is the right photographer for you. We couldn't have imagined a better turnout and I hope to use Charles Studio again in the future. Thank you so much Alexa!!!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Tara B

Alexa did such an amazing job on our wedding day! Although it was a rainy and chilly outdoor ceremony, she went above and beyond making our photos perfect and unique. I couldn't have asked for a more talented and professional photographer.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Noah P

2 thumbs up for Alexa at Charles studio! We used her for our wedding and adored her and our pictures. She has skills that set her apart from other photographers around the area. She was great at capturing the moment, there were lots of candid shots of my wife and I that showed... Read More so much emotion and we were so happy she captured those. I thought she did very well with photographing myself and my groomsmen and I got a very maternal vibe from her like she knows how to handle boys HAHA. She really made our night with staying a bit extra then she was going to achieve a long exposure shot with sparklers which was important to my wife. Her camera's and the equipment she uses are high grade and you can definitely notice it in the quality of her photos. the usb drives she gave to us with our pictures on them were a nice touch! Choose Charles studio, you wont be disappointed.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Jessica P

We used Charles Studio for our wedding photos and I couldn’t rave on more about how happy we were with Alexa and the way our wedding photo’s turned out. My husband and I were winner’s of fabnet’s nearlywed game and we received a beyond fantastic package from Charles studio for 6... Read More hours footage of our wedding (including digital copies) and engagement session FOR FREE. It was a pleasure from the beginning with Alexa. We met her in her studio which was at her home and let me tell you, it was the cutest studio EVER, just so comfy and welcoming. Our main contact was via email or texting and she always got back to me promptly and answered any questions I had. She worked with another photographer for our engagement session and our wedding photos but she certainly showed her talent and helped create an amazing pair to give us exactly what we wanted. She was open to different idea’s we had and worked really well at our venue she has never been to before.The thing that stood out the most to us was that even though we weren't exactly paying customers due to the package we won she never once treated us any less, she gave us the same amount of customer service and aimed to make us happy. We got our pictures back not long after the wedding and everyone is in love with them including us, we have gotten so many compliments on them! My husband and I are forever grateful and will recommend Alexa for anyone looking for a simply amazing photographer!

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Joanna H

We absolutely loved working with Alexa! From the first time we met with her through the wedding day, she made us feel at ease and confident in our choice. She had never photographed a wedding at our venue before but you never would have known- she has a great eye for picking... Read More locations for pictures and working with lighting. She also looked at my Pinterest to get an idea for pictures I liked and made sure we took the ones I really wanted. The most impressive (and helpful) feature is that Alexa memorizes the names of the entire bridal party and important family members. I had read in prior reviews that she does this and thought it sounded nice but underestimated how awesome it really is, especially if you have a large bridal party. It made the formal pictures very organized and took much less time then saying "3rd bridesmaid on the left...". We also enjoyed working with her assistant, Daisy, on the day of the wedding- they made a great team! We got all our pictures back within a couple weeks and we were blown away! We love them and there are so many!! We have gotten compliments on them from everyone who has seen them. We would highly recommend working with Alexa and Charles Studio!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Jack C

We were so happy we went with Alexa at Charles Studio. She knew our venue really well and was able to capture the most amazing shots. She was also fantastic to work with leading up to the wedding and the big day - very professional and calm under pressure!

Reviewed on 6/02/2016

We had a wonderful experience with Alexa! She is fun and witty and makes sure to capture all the moments that you want captured. You cant go wrong with having her photo your special day. She also had a photo booth option, which we were very happy with. Also, we were very... Read More impressed with the presentation of our photos on the memory stick. Well done :)

Reviewed on 6/02/2016 Kimberly C

We could not be happier that we chose Alexa to photograph our wedding. She captured the moments beautifully. When we first looked at her work we didn't think it would be in our budget to hire her, but she is surprisingly affordable. We were able to stay in our budget, and... Read More still have an incredibly talented photographer. She also is just a joy to have around.

Reviewed on 1/08/2016 Amanda L

I wish I could give more than 5 stars! I cannot say enough about Alexa and Charles Studios. Alexa was so organized from the beginning and really took the time to hear what I wanted, give great suggestions when I needed them, and took the time to learn the names of my wedding... Read More party and family prior to the big day which kept things moving quickly and flawlessly. Alexa is so much more than a photographer, she was more like a photographer/wedding coordinator all in one! She was quick to jump in and ensure that ALL aspects of my wedding went smoothly and it really calmed my nerves! My one request for my photos was that I wanted a lot of candid shots, and boy did she deliver! She was everywhere! Every where I turned she was snapping amazing shots of my friends and family and didn't miss a single beat. After the wedding Alexa finished my photos very quickly and as promised. Thank you Alexa for being so wonderful and more than just a photographer!

Reviewed on 12/21/2015

Alexa was amazing and very professional. She was on time for the wedding, and had many great suggestions on how to make my day go as smooth as possible. The pictures all turned out perfect. I received all most 800 photos and loved everyone of them. She got them to me in a timely... Read More manor and I will definitely be using her again for future photography needs.

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Kirsten D

Alexa is wonderful to work with. She took incredible pictures from start to finish of our day. She kept me calm before the ceremony and made sure we finished our portrait shots on a good timeline. She took all of the pictures I wanted and more. She even walked on a hiking path... Read More with all of her equipment to get some of the woodsy shots I really wanted! I am so pleased with my pictures and cannot wait to share with family and friends for years to come.

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Tracy N

Chris and I can't say enough about how amazing Alexa and Daisy were as our wedding photographers. Alexa has such a great passion for what she does and you most certainly see that in her photographs. We are beyond pleased with how our pictures turned out and all the special... Read More moments both Alexa and Daisy captured from one of the most important days of our lives. We were so blessed to have them there with us. Alexa is so kind and welcoming, she even invited us into her home to sit down and talk about our vision. It is amazing how she remembers everyone's name and the detailed information that we provided her. Alexa was so gracious and accommodating to make sure we had every shot we wanted and more! The pictures were ready in no time and everyone continues to compliment how wonderful they turned out. The day of the wedding it was rainy and windy and we had planned to have a good bit of pictures outside. Alexa sent me a text message in the morning reassuring me that everything would be alright even with the rain and that she had some ideas for great photos. She and Daisy when above and beyond just being our wedding photographers. I will be booking Alexa for our next big event which hopefully is Maternity photos :)

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Rebecca W

At first I was bummed out that my first choice photographer wasn't available for my wedding day, but then I GLADLY met with Alexa from Charles Studio and fell in love with her photos! She had already photographed at my venue, so I got to see exactly how some of my photos would... Read More turn out. She was so fast about getting all of my family portraits done, which was good because my family is huge! She also captured all the cute, little moments like my flower girl kissing me on the cheek and my brand new husband and I have a moment in the corner of the room during the reception. I would, and already have, recommended her to anyone who needs photographs for any occasion! Alexa was the bomb!

Reviewed on 10/24/2015

Hire Alexa if you want a professional, fun, extremely creative (in direction and execution), and efficient photographer! From planning your wedding - to the activities on the day of the wedding - the whole process can be very stressful. Alexa takes all of that stress away by... Read More being completely in control of her role and directing you so that you have nothing to worry about. The end product is simply beautiful (even if you don't feel that self-confident in photos or being the center of attention). I am an amateur photographer that is interested in lighting and so I appreciated her control of all lighting situations from sunlight, nighttime, dance floor, etc...she is a master of all of it. Incredible experience and totally impressed that she memorized our family members. A true professional!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Kimberly K

From the moment we met Alexa Bedwell, we knew she was the special photographer we had been searching for. Alexa is a phenomenal photographer, but as importantly, a genuinely kind person all around. She cared about every aspect of our wedding, and on the wedding day went above... Read More and beyond her responsibilities without anyone asking her to. Alexa was extremely organized and thorough with pre-wedding plans, and customized our wedding package to include what we wanted while fitting in our budget. She is extremely communicative and responsive, and her passion for her talent truly radiates from her personality. On the wedding day, Alexa offered help in any way that she could, beyond just taking pictures, to ensure our special day ran smoothly and in good spirit. She was extremely efficient when taking pictures, and was thorough in capturing both wedding parties separately before the ceremony, as we did not chose to do first look photos. She captured all the key photos we had chosen in advance / envisioned, as well as took several extremely creative shots that we were SO happy she thought of! Alexa has a unique eye for catching both beautiful and funny shots “in the moment”. Our photos came back in short time considering the amount of photos taken, and we were beyond impressed with the quality of photos she produced! So beautiful, and so fitting to my husband and I's personalities, what we love, and what we wanted to remember about our wedding. We were particularly happy with the photos she thought to take in the cocktail hour and at each guest table as my husband and I were not able to mingle and see all of the wedding festivities during certain times, so looking back it was so nice to have those photos taken. Each one of our guests also felt very appreciative that so many diverse photos were taken so that they could share some of their own memories from that day as well. All of our family and friends also loved her, and have continued to rave about how efficient, fun, and nice she was to work with. Alexa was such a pleasure to work with, and we would without any hesitation recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer for his or her wedding. My husband and I are truly blessed we met her and couldn’t be happier with the memories she captured from one of the most special milestones in our lives! Thank you, Alexa, for everything – we love you! XO

Reviewed on 10/10/2015

Congratulations Brides to Be, you need not look any further for your photographer. Alexa Bedwell is your best bet if you are looking for a photographer with a great personality and skill. We found Alexa through our venue (Circe D Farm) the Frederick Area Bridal Network. If you... Read More don’t know about FABnet if you choose 3 vendors from FABnet you receive a discount or gift from each of them. Honestly why would you work with vendors who don’t know each other or already have a working relationship with each other?? Since Alexa was familiar with our venue she was able to show us photos of weddings she had done there in the past and helped us get an idea of the best locations for photos. She was so organized! Prior to the wedding we returned to her a list of photos we wanted with the names the wedding party and family members. She memorized everyone’s name and knew who they were! With our large, blended and divorced family this was no small feat, it made group photos a breeze with Alexa directing (by name!!) our family in and out of photos. She even pulled us back outside to take a few sunset photos and this was my favorite part of the whole day. Being alone with my new husband for a few moments on our wedding day really made everything sink in, Alexa captured those emotions in our sunset photos. The final photos were sent to us (with full copyrights) about 20 days after the wedding, really speedy turn around! The photos came out better than I could have ever expected. Our wedding day was such a blur of love and excitement but Alexa was able to capture everything and we are so grateful to have lasting memories of our wedding day. One last note!! I can’t finish this review without thanking her for saving one of our Groomsmen who had split his pants (from button to butt-crack!) while doing some jumping photos! Alexa had a sewing kit and duct tape ready and helped us sew his pants back together minutes before the ceremony.

Reviewed on 10/10/2015

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Patrick M

I wish I could give Charles Studio ten stars for their excellent service! Alexa, the owner, is warm, attentive, dedicated, and an all around awesome person. My mother was not thrilled with the photographer from my sisters wedding and when she saw the photos from Charles Studio... Read More she said they were the best she has ever seen from a wedding. My new wife and I can't recommend her enough!

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Cheney A

My husband and I had a wonderful experience working with Alexa. Prior to the wedding Alexa memorized the names of our entire wedding party and family members, making group pictures move quickly and smoothly. I was very pleased with how well Alexa handled the various photo... Read More sessions. Not to mention the photos Alexa took were OUTSTANDING. I highly recommend Charles Studio to anybody looking for a photographer. My husband and I plan to use her again for all of our photography needs!

Reviewed on 9/04/2015

I found Charles Studio through FABNet and I could not be happier that I chose them as our wedding photographer for our April wedding! Alexa was amazing to work with from the very beginning. She took the time to learn the names of all our immediate family members, which everyone... Read More noticed and appreciated, and it made getting everyone ready for poses that much easier. She gave excellent direction and the day of the wedding I didn't have to worry about a picture opportunity being missed. She was creative and thorough during the entire process, and on top of that, we received all our pictures less than a month after the wedding! Our second shooter, Kelly, was just as amazing and I loved that she was able to capture pictures from a different angle. I would highly recommend Alexa for your wedding; you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 8/20/2015

I used Charles Studio for my wedding in July and I could not be any happier with the results! She took almost 5 thousand pictures at the wedding (Imagine the editing!) and I got them back in a few weeks. LOVED HER WORK!!! Thank you Alexa for capturing my day perfectly!

Reviewed on 8/19/2015 Amanda C

Alexa was an amazing photographer. We enjoyed working with her for both our engagement and wedding photos. She is great to work with, and I love the pictures we received. I would use her again for any future photography needs, no question.

Reviewed on 8/13/2015

Alexa is so much more than just a photographer... she is a life saver. She did an amazing job at not only capturing every moment (both big and small) of the day, but also, was able to repair the train of my dress when it tore. She knew the names of the bridal party and... Read More immediate family making the picture taking process very time efficient. After talking to MANY photographers it was clear that Charles Studio provided the best value without sacrificing quality. I am 110% satisfied! :)