Chef Sunshine Catering

Kitsap, Pierce, Jefferson, Thurston, & Lewis Counties

Chef Owned and Passion Driven

From 4 course galas to backyard BBQ's, we bring you the best in restaurant quality food for real world prices. Whether you've been saving for years or just really need to feed a crowd of cousins coming in from Chicago, we work with you, your tastes and budget to design delicious menus that are never your average "catered wedding food"!

Cuisine

Cajun, Hawaiian, Northeastern, Southern, Southwestern, American, French, Greek, Italian, BBQ, Seafood, Specialty

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian

1540 Retsil Rd SE, Port Orchard, WA Kitsap, Pierce, Jefferson, Thurston, & Lewis Counties (360) 519-3322
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Scott M

We had a wedding out by Mt. Rainier outdoors. Sunshine and her team executed our vision flawlessly. We had a gathering of about 65 of our closest friends and family. We ate family style and it was perfect! Local, delicious and flavorful are some of the keys to her work. Her... Read More staff was friendly and professional. Sunshine was able to work out every detail to perfection. The food was amazing and served as a way for everyone to bond and share in the love of the event. We love food, and Sunshine delivered. Most of our guests are STILL raving about the dinner a year later! When does that even happen after a wedding? We look forward to working with Sunshine for lots of celebrations the rest of our life.

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Mirnikki R

Amazingly delicious and beautifully displayed! Sunshine and team did a wonderful job and made us feel like there was nothing to worry about. From inviting our kids to the tasting, to offering different varieties of tomato in order to make the food presentation prettier, they... Read More were all wonderful. Great value, easy to work with and flexible. I appreciated that they were easy to get ahold of by phone and email and hope that you'll at least give Sunshine's food a try because it was great!

Reviewed on 8/09/2017

My daughter was married on June 17 and Sunshine's Catering did an amazing job. My husband and I have a combined 54+ years in the luxury hotel business and had high expectations for the food service. Sunshine and her team not only met those expectations but they far surpassed... Read More them. Many of our guests indicated that the dinner was the best they had ever experienced at a wedding. And here is the best part......there wasn't even a commercial kitchen on site. We are grateful to Sunshine's Catering for their commitment to an excellent culinary experience and exemplary service.

Reviewed on 12/11/2017 Jennifer B

Chef Sunshine catering our wedding in Port Gamble on 11/18/17 and everything was perfect. We worked with Sherry who was very responsive and even made a last minute change to our rental request for cocktail flutes. The guests raved about all of the food, starting w/ the amazing... Read More antipasto display, the passed apps and then the meal itself (crazy how many times I heard how good the roasted veggies were). After the wedding they sent us home with leftovers and we enjoyed the delicious leftovers for a few days and have a bit of salmon in the freezer for the future. Everything went off perfectly and we are so thankful for all the assistance w/ set up - we left our simple table decor on one table and they set up the other tables after the linens arrived and draped the napkins per my request which added a bit of flair to our table. The bartender was amazing and made our cocktail better than I could have, so props to him and everyone on staff. I will be recommending Chef Sunshine to my friends and family for sure!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Eric A

I can't say enough positive things about Sunshine's Catering. Chef Sunshine and her entire team are professional with their service and provide excellent food. Sunshine's does many events at our venue in Port Gamble and every time our clients report back positive. I personally... Read More attended a wine event where Sunshine's Catering provided the food and service … what a wonderful culinary experience it was!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Alisa E

Sunshine and staff did a fabulous job with the food and were really great to work with. I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017

I would like to thank Chef Sunshine and her fantastic crew for making our wedding a night to be remembered. The beef and salmon were cooked to perfection and the sauces, out of this world. Oh and I didn't even mention the appetizers. The staff was very professional,... Read More courteous and fun to work with and catered to our needs perfectly as we had a few difficult requests. I have already recommended Chef Sunshine and her crew to friends and highly recommend her and her team for any wedding or event. We can't thank you enough!!!!!. E & T.

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Zachary S

We recently worked Sunshine's Catering for an event and I cannot say enough positive things about the experience. Sunshine's professionalism is unmatched and the food was exquisite! Sunshine and her staff overcame some hurdles that they had no part in creating and made the night... Read More a huge success. Thank you!!!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Julie C

I truly truly can't say enough good things about Sunshine and her catering team. Right from the start, they were quick to respond to my questions or requests, and also gave numerous options for pricing options. The team on the wedding day was unbelievably kind, helpful, easy to... Read More work with, efficient, and went out of their way to do things like personally bring my 90year old grandma her food, despite the fact that it was a buffet. This, and the food was- no joke- unbelievable. Seriously. From the appetizers ( we got the Dungeness crab tart, mushroom pecorino crostini and bacon and Carmelites onion tart) to the sidge and main dishes, it was all beautifully presented and absolutely delicious. If you are planning any sort of event, I would not hesitate for even a second to recommend Sunshines catering!

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Ameila L

Sunshine's was wonderful to work with! They were accommodating to any dietary restrictions of the guests (and we did have a few guests with strict diets). The food was delicious and they were able to work with us to create a menu that fit both our taste and budget. All the... Read More guests LOVED the food and we keep getting compliments and the wedding was a few weeks ago. Everything was seriously amazing and the service was impeccable. I didn't have to worry about anything on the day of the wedding, the staff is very organized!! I would highly recommend Sunshine to any bride!!

Reviewed on 3/08/2017 Jacques H

I have had the pleasure of hiring Sunshine's catering multiple times over the last 2 years, and they have been phenomenal every single time. I have hired many different caterers over the years in many different cities, and I have never seen a catering company match... Read More Sunshine's quality. And it's not just only the food aspect... the presentation, professional staff, personality, and event timing cannot be compared to anyone else. Sunshine's Catering has it all covered for any style you could possibly want and my guests have been speechless every time I have hired them. I have had them cater 50 person events for my company, and 430 guests for a private event of mine, and all of them have been flawless. Don't waste time on the phone or online searching for caterers...just call them once!

Reviewed on 3/07/2017 Daniel K

Sunshine and crew are fantastic. They use only the best quality food and ingredients while providing a level of service that I have rarely experienced. I highly recommend them for any event, dinner, or special experience. You'll love the food and the care they put in to working... Read More with you.

Chef Sunshine Dunning

Sunshine, a Seattle native, was not a natural at cooking but a lover of eating and her mother encouraged her palate by exploring restaurants together. The years following included travel to Southeast Asia and Europe followed by a degree from the Culinary Institute of America in New York. After school Sunshine cooked with renowned chef Phillipe Padovani in Hawaii and San Francisco. Then after a position as Executive Sous Chef at Seattle's Mayflower Park Hotel she spent six years in New York and Palm Beach as a personal chef. Returning to Seattle to settle, she has focused on catering weddings.