classic style..modern edge

My photography is straight forward. no photoshop gimmicks or cheesy poses. I let the day unfold and capture great images of you, your family and guests. The setting you get married in is important to you and its one of the things I like to capture when photographing your wedding.

Documentary, Lifestyle

Engagement

Photo + Video

8225-2 Trillium Ct., Charlevoix, MI michigan and beyond (917) 826-6161

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Colleen S

We got married at the Perry Hotel in May and had Chris and LeAnn as our photographers. They did an awesome job! They captured so many amazing moments; from our first look to our guests making special memories of their own at the reception. We love the way everything turned out!... Read More Chris is very professional, personable, and overall a great person to work with. His style was perfect for our wedding and I would highly suggest him!

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Trent L

Chris is the man! Its was such a pleasure to work with Chris and his team. I knew right from the get go that Chris was the right guy for the job. He's laid back yet super professional and responsive. Just breeze through some of his portfolio and you will quickly see his style is... Read More unique yet classic and simple. I thought it was cool, in the midst of wedding day madness chris pulled us aside to drive us around the park and get some pics of just Jess and I. Those pics are the best of the day! And it was really nice to spend some time alone with my bride. Not only did chris and the team crush it on the photos but he put together and really sweet video / silideshow with a personal touch of letting us pick the tunes we wanted to go along with the video. We leaned on chris for his guidance and expertise when it came to the day of the wedding. He made things much easier for us on the day of the event which created a stress free environment for Jess and I. All and all we have nothing but good things to say about chris and his team. So holla at him today and get another thing crossed off wedding to do list

Reviewed on 8/09/2016

Words do not do justice the work that Chris and LeAnn do. From the very get go, we felt extremely comfortable meeting with Chris. Chris and LeAnn are both the perfect blend of fun to work with, while still showing a sincere professionalism and passion about what they do. We were... Read More blown away by our engagement photos, and the ideas that Chris and LeAnn had with regards to setting, lighting, unique venues, etc. Chris stayed in touch without us throughout the year, and working together on our wedding day was working with more than a vendor. Chris and LeAnn truly value the service they provide, but also the experience their clients go through on their special day. If we wanted it, Chris and LeAnn made it happen. If Chris and LeAnn had an idea (and they did frequently thankfully!), they knew how to communicate those in a way that would make us feel like it was the best decision for what we wanted. Chris and LeAnn both spend a real amount of time getting to know their couples, their interests, and what they are looking for. We watch our slideshow so often it's embarrassing to admit, we just got our flash drive of pictures and are blown away, and we thank our lucky stars every day for what Chris and LeAnn did for us. While we really enjoy our posed and planned pictures, the amount of real and raw candid shots that they were able to get throughout our day are so beautiful to have and relive. Our family and friends have been reaching out to us non-stop raving about our pictures, especially friends who have been married recently and gone through this same experience. We recommend Chris Van Winkle photography for your special day, or any family event. We will have these special moments forever, and Chris and LeAnn deserve all of the credit for that. Thank you Chris and LeAnn!

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Erin M

We had a super intimate wedding, and Chris did an amazing job capturing the entire day. He captured those sweet special moments, the silly moments and everything inbetween. And he was an absolute please to work with. He ran around the entire property with us as we dashed... Read More around trying to fight the wind and beat the rain. (And let me tell you...those pictures he took with the dramatic skies were beyond incredible...definitely from worthy.) As for during the ceremony...I didn't even know he was there, but he got it from every angle possible. And to top it off, he got the photos back to us super quick, only a couple of weeks after the wedding. We love our photos, and we loved working with Chris. He's definitely a winner! 🙂

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Jesse I

Chris and LeAnn did a fantastic job capturing our wedding! They were both a pleasure to work with, professional, but also laid back and fun. They truly cared about making our day special! Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts.

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Lauren C

We had the Wedding day that we dreamed of thanks to Chris and Leanne! They captured so much and we will cherish their amazing work for a lifetime! Looking at the pictures makes us feel as if we can relive our most beautiful day ever! Fantastic!

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Trisha B

Chris & LeAnn did a fantastic job. We had the most perfect day and the photos really reflect that. They made everyone feel comfortable and we got some great candid's. My husband and I will be using them in the future for family photos. Thank you!!

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Trisha B

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kiersten G

Chris Van Winkle and his assistant, LeAnn are absolutely amazing. The patience they both display is extraordinary. There were times during the wedding planning that I was very stressed, but Chris seemed to be there to help ease that stress. Although he was my photographer, he... Read More was also there to help guide me through some tough scheduling decisions. Something I appreciate about Chris Van Winkle photography is that Chris does not over-edit his photos. I often see wedding photos that have been so edited, it is hard to even see what the individuals in the photos actually look like. I wanted my photos to be natural, and that is what I received. Chris offered guidance while allowing me to direct how I wanted myself and my wedding party to pose. I felt that the two of us worked as a wonderful team, and because of that, there were not pictures that I had hoped to have done that were not done. In the end, Chris felt like an old friend or family member that I had known for a long time. He has this electric personality and makes everyone feel comfortable! If I did my wedding over, I would hire him in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Laura K

Chris and LeAnn were a great team! They were professional but personable, and knew all the awesome photo spots in town. I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Samantha C

Chris and LeAnn were amazing to work with! They are so relaxed and outgoing they seem to just fit right in! I was slightly worried about my pictures turning out because it rained almost the entire day but once I got my pictures back I seriously could not be more happy, they... Read More turned out so beautiful and all of my family and friends keep commenting on how great they are! I would recommend Chris and LeAnn any day!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Sophie L

Our wedding pictures taken by Chris and LeAnn turned out perfectly. Chris knows how to capture natural, candid moments, which was exactly the kind of style we were looking for for our wedding photos. What's more is he was a relaxing presence. He knew where to be when and was... Read More able to take the lead when needed. We could not have asked for a better photographer or better wedding photos! Thank you so much Chris and LeAnn!!

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Brittany R

Chris and LeAnn did an absolutely phenomenal job capturing each and every photo on our wedding day! They were professional, but so easy to work with throughout our engagement session and wedding day! I would highly recommend hiring them for your photography needs!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Allie L

There is no way to put into words how amazing Chris and LeAnn were on our wedding day. They made the day so much fun and made us feel so special and comfortable the entire time. We hired Chris 15-16 months before our wedding and he always kept in touch and reached out to us... Read More throughout the year in regards to our wedding. He was so personable and very easy to get in touch with. The best decision we made in the wedding planning process was booking them to shoot our wedding photos. They captured our love so beautifully. Not only did my husband and I love the photos, but our family and friends commented on how amazing all our pictures were and how great Chris and LeAnn were. I would recommend them to anyone!!

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Emily P

Chris and LeAnn were absolutely fantastic! From our initial inquiry to engagement photos and finally our wedding day, Chris was extremely responsive and professional. He checked in multiple times throughout the year and gave us plenty of time to decide on our shot list. Chris... Read More and LeAnn did a phenomenal job capturing candid moments throughout our wedding day (exactly what I wanted!), and created such a comfortable environment for our family and friends during group shots. We were so impressed by the quick turn around and the quality of our outstanding photo album and slideshow. We have received countless compliments and photo requests from our guests. We truly couldn't be more happy with our experience!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016

Words cannot describe how awesome Chris and LeAnn are! They did everything I asked of them and more. It was raining before and after our ceremony, but you couldn't even tell in the pictures! All my pictures turned out fantastic and my guest loved all the family pictures as well!... Read More I would highly recommend Chris Van Winkle to any bride! Thank you for exceeding my dream of having breath taking pictures on the best day of my life!

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Kelly L

Chris and LeAnn photographed our June 2016 wedding, and they were amazing from start to finish! Chris was very responsive to all of my emails, very professional and flexible. The day of the wedding, Chris was so calm and collected, and put up with our crazy family and friends... Read More with ease. We received SO many amazing photos back. He somehow captured everything from our day. It was so fun to look back and be able to live the whole day over again through our photos and video. We are so excited to cherish our wedding photos for the rest of our lives. Thanks, Chris!

Reviewed on 7/28/2016

Im not even sure where to start. Chris did an amazing job capturing our day. He and LeAnn were able to create memories that will last a lifetime. More often than not, photography provides a simple reminder of an event leaving the mind to fill in the gaps - not true with this... Read More team. Literally, the photos place you in the moment. We could not be more appreciative of the talent, kindness, and professionalism. Welcome to our family Chris and LeAnn!

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 esmerina d

I am not sure can say enough good things about Chris and LeAnn! As most brides, photos were important to me and I had a groom who has never been a fan of having his picture taken. So, I was a little nervous. However, as we got to know Chris and LeAnn, I realized we had nothing... Read More to worry! They made my husband feel at ease, and we had an absolute blast taking pictures! We just got the pictures back and are in love with them! The other point that I would like to stress is Chris' professionalism. As a bride planning a wedding from miles away, he made the process so easy. He was always prompt with his responses and available for any questions. Their work is stunning and we truly treasure our photographs. They were able to capture the day and all of its emotions so beautifully. Both my husband and I would recommend Chris Van Winkle Photography to anyone who truly wants to capture the most beautiful moments during their special day! Thanks again guys!

Reviewed on 7/23/2016 Tracey d

Chris and LeAnn are the perfect duo! From the first meeting with Chris, I knew he was the one that we wanted to photograph our wedding. Leading up to our magical day, all the emails were answered promptly, AND.... our wedding pictures were available to us sooner than we... Read More thought. Chris and LeAnn were so much fun to have around on our day, and they were still 100% professional. Not only did we love their presence; but a lot of our guests also felt comfortable with them. We received MANY compliments on the photographer. They are fun, upbeat, professional, and laid back....it made our day/night go so well. We still keep in touch with chris and look forward to seeing more of his work! Sheldon and I would recommend Chris Van Winkle Photography to anyone, and everyone!!! Thanks Chris and LeAnn for capturing our special moments on our special day

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Penny P

Photography is an area that no bride should skimp out on and luckily for us Chris was comparably affordable and the quality of his work surpassed that value. He truly did a phenomal job capturing our big day. On the day of my wedding, he made me feel super comfortable and as the... Read More ceremony began and my focus shifted to my groom I didn't even notice he was there. However he captured every single detail that I want to remember forever. I have received endless compliments on how amazing my pictures look and I owe that to Chris and his assistant. They were amazing! I will definitely be recommending him to my friends when they become brides.

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Elizabeth G

We are so happy we chose to work with Chris and LeAnn! They did our engagement and wedding pictures and both sets were perfect! The candid shots were amazing and the formal shots were natural and fun. The whole process was very casual and simple and we couldn't have asked for a... Read More better experience!

Reviewed on 12/14/2015 Maria B

Chris and LeAnn are a dynamic duo in the wedding photography industry! Not only did they perfectly capture our November wedding, but they were fun to be around and were extremely professional. Email responses were always prompt, and photos (both engagement and wedding) were... Read More back to us quicker than I've ever heard of from other couples. He also created a slideshow of wedding photos played to songs of our choice, which is such a great added touch. We would HIGHLY recommend Chris and LeAnn as photographers for ANY event you may need them for!

Reviewed on 11/30/2015

My partner and I didn't even notice Chris and LeAnn on our wedding day, and there's no greater compliment that I can give. They were incredibly easy to work with -- kind, laid back, and respectful -- and they captured our day perfectly. They were responsive to our requests,... Read More while simultaneously making beautiful recommendations and guiding us throughout the day. We couldn't be more thrilled with our photos, and would wholeheartedly recommend Chris and LeAnn for any special occasion.

Reviewed on 11/30/2015 Ashley K

Chris and LeAnn were absolutely great to work with. Being from out of town we did all communication they email or via phone and Chris was always very quick and responsive. On the day of the wedding they were very organized and made sure I got all the shots I wanted. They were so... Read More easy to work with and made taking pictures fun and non stressful! We had so many compliments on how professional and fun they were from all our guests. When we got our pictures back they were amazing and turned out so perfect!

chris van winkle

I am available for weddings in michigan from April thru the end of November . I specialize in wedding, portrait and real estate photography. I started my photography career in 2002 traveling around the world with camera in hand. I realized that capturing images of people was something I really liked to do. Working as a wedding photographers assistant in Northern California I was able to develop my style. After spending 25 years in the fashion industry in New York City, Los Angeles and San Francisco, I relocated to Northern Michigan and started my photography business.