Specializing in Wedding Decor and Lighting

Elegant Event Lighting specializes in Fabric Backdrops, Ceiling Draping, Chuppahs, White Dance Floors, Crystal Chandeliers, Flower Lighting, Tent Lighting & Draping, Cafe Globe Lighting, Uplighting, Monograms, Paper Lanterns and more! We would love to personalize a design specifically for you!

Chandeliers, Lighting Design + Setup, String Lights, Lighting, Decorations + Accents, Rentals + Equipment

630 Morse Avenue, Schaumburg, IL All of Chicagoland (847) 841-3890
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Ritika S

Jay and Valerie from EEL were a delight to work with! From the very beginning, we wanted an elegant, seamless monogrammed white dance floor for our wedding and we extended our search outside of Michigan because we couldn't find anyone local. EEL responded to our request right... Read More away and worked with us to figure out how to get the exact look we wanted! They made something that started off stressful extremely stress-free. We knew we were in good hands the second we signed with them. They are a first-class team that is extremely professional!

2017-08-09T12:59:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review! We loved our road trip to Detroit to create the dance floor and monogram for your special day!

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Mary Lou S

Had the pleasure to work with Jay Sims and the crew at Elegant Event Lighting for my daughter Lucia Scala's wedding on July 22, 2017 this year. They were amazing to say the least from customer service, to answering questions, getting back to me with ideas they had to make our... Read More day very special. They are top notch and I recommend everyone call them when planning an event. They were awesome.

2017-08-22T08:30:19 Response from the vendor

So glad to hear you were happy with our services! Thank you for the kind words. We loved how everything turned out for Lucia's special day.

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Heidi S

Elegant Event Lighting is top notch!! We had a consultation with Jay at their showroom - it's a really cool space. Jay listened to everything we wanted for our event space and then created the perfect concept! We got full draping and uplighting for our reception room, and it... Read More totally transformed the space for the better - it didn't even look like the same room! We had globe lighting for dancing outside, and it was beautiful. EEL really knows how to deliver - could not have asked for anything more.

2017-08-09T12:59:45 Response from the vendor

So glad that you loved our showroom! Thank you for letting our team be a part of your wedding day!

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Kathleen H

Jay and Valerie were so easy to work with and the lighting for our outdoor patio reception was amazing! It gave the perfect effect and guests loved the romantic lights. They set up and removed at Cantigny Park- I had nothing to worry about. Thank you so much for your great... Read More service and always being so responsive! I would for sure recommend to anyone

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Lauren K

Jay was great and our lighting looked amazing! We hired Jay to install cafe string lights on the wood rafters on the ceiling of our reception venue and amber uplighting along the brick wall on the lower level. Both looked beautiful and complemented the natural interest of the... Read More space. We didn't have much coordinating to do with Jay at all, jut gave him the date, location and time! He was very knowledgeable with what was to be done and how to do it, which really put me at ease.

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Malika K

I loved our lighting. They created exactly what my husband and I envisioned with in our price range. Our guests left our wedding saying that it was a fairy tale wedding.

2017-09-12T09:02:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much for the kind words! We are delighted to know we were able to create your fairy tale wedding. Thank you for letting us be a part of this special day.

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Vanessa P

We had our ceremony and reception at the beautiful Conrad Chicago this past weekend. Elegant Event Lighting (EEL) handled the lighting decor and ceremony backdrop and did an absolute fabulous job. EEL delivered on exactly the type of ambiance we wanted to create and we could not... Read More be happier. They were fantastic, arrived on time, and executed flawlessly. Jay Sims, my main contact at EEL, was wonderful to work with throughout the planning and organization of the wedding. He was professional and responsive every step of the way, and he even did an on-site visit with me a year in advance to ensure accurate measurement and lighting needs. It was perfect. I will certainly look to EEL for future events - they were fantastic!

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Mary W

Elegant Event Lighting was amazing. They were professional and affordable. They took what I envisioned and turned my hall into exactly what I wanted. They were easy to reach and always got back to me quickly this is very important to a bride as she is planning her day. I would... Read More recommend them to anyone who is looking and I am sure I will be using them again in the future. Thank you to the entire team for making my day amazing.

2017-08-09T12:58:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words! We are glad that we were able to make your dream wedding possible! Thanks for choosing EEL Chicago!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Meagan S

I was so impressed with everything we picked for our wedding! It looked like a fairytale in our reception room! They were so nice and easy to work with! Loved them! They even custom designed our dance floor to Disney themed :)

2017-08-09T13:00:30 Response from the vendor

We loved your Disney theme- so unique and fun to create a monogram for! Thank you for choosing EEL Chicago as a part of your special day!

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Kelley G

Beautiful cafe lights and a chandelier for my outdoor tented wedding June 2017. They were MUCH more affordable than some other companies we looked at. So happy with the price but even more so with the quality. Thank you!!

2017-08-09T14:01:27 Response from the vendor

We are so glad to hear that you were satisfied. Your lighting looked gorgeous outside. Thank you for letting us be a part of your night!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Jillian D

Elegant Event Lighting did a fantastic job at our wedding. The staff were very helpful with any questions and working to make sure that our venue looked perfect. They also worked with us to design a custom made light for the dance floor with our names. We highly recommend... Read More working with this company. Thanks again!

2017-08-09T14:02:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review! We are so glad that our services were satisfactory. It was a pleasure working with you on your wedding day!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Elizabeth T

Elegant Event Lighting did a fantastic job for our wedding reception. We used Elegant Event's sister company, Something 2 Dance 2, for our DJ and were so pleased and we thought the same for Elegant Event. We had our reception at Maggiano's in Schaumburg. The ballroom is entirely... Read More dark wood and has gorgeous chandeliers, so all we needed from Elegant Event was soft, amber uplighting. Jay found the best shade of light and was very helpful in providing options and using his experience of having lit the Maggiano's ballroom before in the past. When my wife and first stepped foot into the ballroom, the uplighting added such a warm, romantic glow to the room that we were stunned. Couldn't have been happier with Elegant Event Lighting's work.

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Kristin B

Fantastic company! We really wanted to do strings of lights over the outdoor patio at our reception and our venue (Cantigny Park) recommended EEL. Unfortunately what we wanted was slightly under the minimum price EEL requires for an event, however Kristen worked with us to... Read More figure out what we could add in to reach the minimum without spending more than we wanted. In the end EEL was incredibly professional, the lighting was gorgeous and set up exactly how we wanted when we arrived at our reception, the lights were gorgeous and we received so many compliments the entire night and we caught a glimpse of the EEL workers taking down the lights ~30 minutes after our reception ended. Overall such an easy company to work with and they gave us the exact lighting we wanted!

Reviewed on 6/18/2017

Jay and the staff set up everything so beautifully! The guests came up to me and told me they've never seen anything like it. I love it

2017-08-09T14:03:22 Response from the vendor

We're happy to hear that you and your guests enjoyed our decor! Thank you for letting us be a part of your day!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Sarah M

EEL did a great job on our wedding! The drapery looked beautiful! The staff was great with letting us take picture before they did the tear down and set up from the ceremony to the reception. The uplighting was perfect. Jay was great to work with during the whole process! We... Read More would highly recommend them!

2017-08-09T14:04:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words! We were delighted to let you take pictures. So glad that your wedding turned out to be everything you envisioned!

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Ruta C

EEL did a beautiful job on our wedding at the Morton Arboretum. They remained professional and were very easy to get ahold of. There was no pressure to add additional services as other companies tended to do so.. Everything was perfect!!!

Reviewed on 4/28/2017 Drew S

Elegant Event Lighting did the most fabulous job on our downtown wedding!! From uplights, pin lights, and pipe and drape everything was fabulous and exactly what I envisioned. Jay and Katie were amazing and so wonderful to work with. I recommend everyone to Elegant Event... Read More Lighting for all the little details that really makes an event! Thank you for helping make our day magical!

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Nancy P

Jay and EEL did an incredible job on the lighting and draping at our wedding reception. They listened to exactly what we wanted, and transformed the room where our reception took place into something elegant and beautiful. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 3/10/2017 Mara M

Jay and EEL successfully transformed our wedding venue into the most romantic and whimsical setting we could have imagined. Additionally, they went above and beyond with their help in bringing a very special slide presentation to life. Overall, we were extremely pleased with... Read More EEL's work.

2017-03-10T09:24:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your thoughtful comments. We loved being part of your wedding and help make the wedding so special for you and your family. Best wishes to you both!

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Jackie H

We used EEL to create a drapery backdrop with hanging candles for our wedding ceremony which also doubled as reception decor. Jay and his team did a fantastic job from going over the details with me to executing the design. EEL had previously done something similar at our venue... Read More so I had seen photos of the design but I was blown away by how gorgeous it was in person. The backdrop really tied our whole ceremony vision together. Pricing was very reasonable too!

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Claudette M

EEL provided the starburst lighting, up lighting and drapery for our wedding It looked amazing. They were very easy to work with highly recommend using them!!!

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Allison B

EEL did an amazing job at our wedding. Everything looked amazing and they were SUPER easy to work with. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Penny K

I can't say enough about EEL. Jay and his team were helpful during our decision making process, knew our venue and just what looked best, and were conservative in their recommendations, not trying to "over-sell" us on extra things we didn't need. I would highly recommend them... Read More for any event and plan to use them again in the future. PS - Jay is also an EXCELLENT DJ, so be sure to consider his DJ services as well. He incorporated neat extra details into the evening and was extremely supportive and conscientious about meeting out needs.

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Ellen K

EEL was a pleasure to work with for our wedding the Lacuna Artist Loft. The company was responsive, fast, and provided just the ambiance we wanted with the lighting and draping. We loved the café lights over the ceremony and dance floor and highly recommend for other couples... Read More getting married.

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Nikki F

I would recommend working with Jay and Kristin from Elegant Event Lighting to anyone looking for a perfect finish to their wedding! Jay and Kristin responds to calls and emails almost immediately (which is nice when you are planning a wedding yourself and you're in contact with... Read More 10 other vendors). They took time on an early Saturday morning to sit down and show us in person what their different options were rather than picking what they have off the website. That was important to me because pictures only show so much. He showed us pictures of what we were looking for at the venue we booked, then we got to enter his showroom where we got to see for ourselves what we liked. So many options! The day of, when my husband and I entered the room for the first time before guests entered, our jaws dropped. We went with the extended backdrop with amber uplighting, the white dance floor with a black monogram printed on. We had a very big Greek and Italian wedding, so we had LOTS of dancing. I was worried it was going to look scuffed and may end up looking bad in pictures, but that hardly happened! Jay and Kristen work really well together so any time we made changes or add ons, they responded right away with a new and updated invoice showing a break down which is nice to keep organized. Jay also has dressed up several venues so it was nice to see that he knows the rooms really well so he can make recommendations on what typically looks best or what doesn't. He also will never move forward with a payment until you personally approve proofs. I had changed the look of the monogram for the dance floor a few times and they move so quick to make changes so you are never waiting more than a day to receive a new lay out to approve or make any changes to. Thank you for making our wedding day so special, beautiful, and the designs really made the whole day complete!

Meet The Coordinator

Valerie Anderson

Valerie has a passion for helping Brides take their vision for decor and bring it to life! She brings focal points to weddings using decor, draping and lighting and loves the challenge of a blank space and working with you to develop a design that fits your vision.