Specializing in Wedding Decor and Lighting

Elegant Event Lighting specializes in Fabric Backdrops, Ceiling Draping, Chuppahs, White Dance Floors, Crystal Chandeliers, Flower Lighting, Tent Lighting & Draping, Cafe Globe Lighting, Uplighting, Monograms, Paper Lanterns and more! We would love to personalize a design specifically for you!

Chandeliers, Lighting Design + Setup, String Lights, Lighting, Decorations + Accents, Rentals + Equipment

630 Morse Avenue, Schaumburg, IL All of Chicagoland (847) 841-3890
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Stacey R

We certainly made the right choice by using EEL for our daughter's wedding. Our daughter had a very specific vision, a rustic chic way to enhance a golf club venue that overlooked the water fountain and golf course. When we went in to see Jay, he was able to pull her vision and... Read More put it into a reality. Jay and Valerie were an absolute pleasure to work with. Tjhey were extremely professional, responsive and flexible. We had many questions in the beginning and they came through for us and took the time to answer each question/concern. As we approached the wedding day, we felt completely confident that the vision would be creaively accomplished and EEL DID NOT DISAPPOINT in any way, shape or form. They hung the cafe lighting randomly throught the wood vaulted ceiling and placed the paper lanterns perfectly over the monogrammed dance floor. Valerie was awesome when it was time to select the perfect monogram for the dance floor. She offered suggestions and ultimately created exactly the look our daughter wanted. Thank you EEL for working so diligently with our venue to handle all the arranging and logistics so that we did not have to. Look no further, if you are looking for a unique, creative way to enhance your venue, EEL is the essential choice. WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND EEL! Thank you, the venue looked perfect!!! We received so many compliments and could not be any happier with our choice in hiring EEL!!!

2017-10-17T11:51:56 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Stacey!! Our team loved setting up & assisting with Jess & Nick's wedding. We were so happy to be a part of their special day, thank you for being so wonderful to work with!

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Lindsey R

Elegant Events Lighting was amazing to work with throughout our wedding planning process and we were so happy with how our draping and lighting for the ballroom turned out! They transformed a large ballroom into a more cozy and romantic feeling space and we couldn't have been... Read More happier. We worked with Jay who was very knowledgable and prompt but also easy going and fun to work with. Would recommend Elegant Events Lighting to anyone in need of uplighting, pin spotting for floral arrangements, or drapery! They are the best. Thank you again Elegant Event Lighting!

2017-10-17T11:53:27 Response from the vendor

Congratulations once again on your wedding day! We are happy to hear you were satisfied with our services, and we appreciate your review so much.

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Kathleen H

Jay and Valerie were so easy to work with and the lighting for our outdoor patio reception was amazing! It gave the perfect effect and guests loved the romantic lights. They set up and removed at Cantigny Park- I had nothing to worry about. Thank you so much for your great... Read More service and always being so responsive! I would for sure recommend to anyone

2017-10-17T11:57:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you for trusting in our services and for your great review! We are so happy we were able to provide you the perfect lighting for your wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Eva V

Jay and Valerie were, and are, absolutely unbelievable. I was a needy client that had custom perforated aluminum panels made (representations of my family business). EEL, without any hesitation, were more than willing to incorporate them into the ceremony backdrop that I had... Read More envisioned. They even went so far as to take pictures of the mounted panels in their warehouse, to give me an idea of what they would look like for my ceremony! (AND modified the look as well!) EEL revised my wedding plan/vision no fewer than 5 times, and were happy to do so each time. I would recommend EEL to anyone with lighting needs. Weddings, corporate events - ANYTHING. They talk you through your ideas and visions - make them work for you and make them a reality - no matter your budget.

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Christy Z

Elegant Events Lighting made the ambience of our wedding reception magical! They installed ivory draping and amber uplighting in the main room, and cafe lighting over the patio. The draping was beautifully done to frame the room entrances. The warm lighting also made all the... Read More difference to add an intimate and sophisticated atmosphere. All set-up was completely finished before we arrived, and tear-down was also taken care of by the company. We are so happy with the professional service provided by Elegant Events!

2017-10-17T11:55:58 Response from the vendor

We are so glad to hear you were satisfied with our team's work. Thank you for letting EEL Chicago be a part of your wedding day and congratulations again!

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Katherine C

We had the pleasure of working with Jay and EEL for our wedding. We thought we had an idea of what lighting we wanted when we met with Jay and quickly realized, Jay’s ideas and suggestions were so much better! He knew the venue and was able to enhance the room with lighting and... Read More drapes to create a beautiful atmosphere for our reception.

2017-10-17T11:56:33 Response from the vendor

So glad we could be of assistance and provide the perfect lighting & draping for your special day! Thank you for your review.

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Janey G

We hired EEL for our wedding and it was a great decision! Jay was very quick to answer any questions and drew up a design that was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

2017-10-17T11:57:09 Response from the vendor

You are so welcome! Thank you for your review, we appreciate it so much! Congratulations once again!

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Lauren K

Jay was great and our lighting looked amazing! We hired Jay to install cafe string lights on the wood rafters on the ceiling of our reception venue and amber uplighting along the brick wall on the lower level. Both looked beautiful and complemented the natural interest of the... Read More space. We didn't have much coordinating to do with Jay at all, jut gave him the date, location and time! He was very knowledgeable with what was to be done and how to do it, which really put me at ease.

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Malika K

I loved our lighting. They created exactly what my husband and I envisioned with in our price range. Our guests left our wedding saying that it was a fairy tale wedding.

2017-09-12T09:02:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much for the kind words! We are delighted to know we were able to create your fairy tale wedding. Thank you for letting us be a part of this special day.

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Vanessa P

We had our ceremony and reception at the beautiful Conrad Chicago this past weekend. Elegant Event Lighting (EEL) handled the lighting decor and ceremony backdrop and did an absolute fabulous job. EEL delivered on exactly the type of ambiance we wanted to create and we could not... Read More be happier. They were fantastic, arrived on time, and executed flawlessly. Jay Sims, my main contact at EEL, was wonderful to work with throughout the planning and organization of the wedding. He was professional and responsive every step of the way, and he even did an on-site visit with me a year in advance to ensure accurate measurement and lighting needs. It was perfect. I will certainly look to EEL for future events - they were fantastic!

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Mary Lou S

Had the pleasure to work with Jay Sims and the crew at Elegant Event Lighting for my daughter Lucia Scala's wedding on July 22, 2017 this year. They were amazing to say the least from customer service, to answering questions, getting back to me with ideas they had to make our... Read More day very special. They are top notch and I recommend everyone call them when planning an event. They were awesome.

2017-08-22T08:30:19 Response from the vendor

So glad to hear you were happy with our services! Thank you for the kind words. We loved how everything turned out for Lucia's special day.

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Mary W

Elegant Event Lighting was amazing. They were professional and affordable. They took what I envisioned and turned my hall into exactly what I wanted. They were easy to reach and always got back to me quickly this is very important to a bride as she is planning her day. I would... Read More recommend them to anyone who is looking and I am sure I will be using them again in the future. Thank you to the entire team for making my day amazing.

2017-08-09T12:58:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words! We are glad that we were able to make your dream wedding possible! Thanks for choosing EEL Chicago!

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Ritika S

Jay and Valerie from EEL were a delight to work with! From the very beginning, we wanted an elegant, seamless monogrammed white dance floor for our wedding and we extended our search outside of Michigan because we couldn't find anyone local. EEL responded to our request right... Read More away and worked with us to figure out how to get the exact look we wanted! They made something that started off stressful extremely stress-free. We knew we were in good hands the second we signed with them. They are a first-class team that is extremely professional!

2017-08-09T12:59:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review! We loved our road trip to Detroit to create the dance floor and monogram for your special day!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Heidi S

Elegant Event Lighting is top notch!! We had a consultation with Jay at their showroom - it's a really cool space. Jay listened to everything we wanted for our event space and then created the perfect concept! We got full draping and uplighting for our reception room, and it... Read More totally transformed the space for the better - it didn't even look like the same room! We had globe lighting for dancing outside, and it was beautiful. EEL really knows how to deliver - could not have asked for anything more.

2017-08-09T12:59:45 Response from the vendor

So glad that you loved our showroom! Thank you for letting our team be a part of your wedding day!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Meagan S

I was so impressed with everything we picked for our wedding! It looked like a fairytale in our reception room! They were so nice and easy to work with! Loved them! They even custom designed our dance floor to Disney themed :)

2017-08-09T13:00:30 Response from the vendor

We loved your Disney theme- so unique and fun to create a monogram for! Thank you for choosing EEL Chicago as a part of your special day!

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Kelley G

Beautiful cafe lights and a chandelier for my outdoor tented wedding June 2017. They were MUCH more affordable than some other companies we looked at. So happy with the price but even more so with the quality. Thank you!!

2017-08-09T14:01:27 Response from the vendor

We are so glad to hear that you were satisfied. Your lighting looked gorgeous outside. Thank you for letting us be a part of your night!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Jillian D

Elegant Event Lighting did a fantastic job at our wedding. The staff were very helpful with any questions and working to make sure that our venue looked perfect. They also worked with us to design a custom made light for the dance floor with our names. We highly recommend... Read More working with this company. Thanks again!

2017-08-09T14:02:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review! We are so glad that our services were satisfactory. It was a pleasure working with you on your wedding day!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Elizabeth T

Elegant Event Lighting did a fantastic job for our wedding reception. We used Elegant Event's sister company, Something 2 Dance 2, for our DJ and were so pleased and we thought the same for Elegant Event. We had our reception at Maggiano's in Schaumburg. The ballroom is entirely... Read More dark wood and has gorgeous chandeliers, so all we needed from Elegant Event was soft, amber uplighting. Jay found the best shade of light and was very helpful in providing options and using his experience of having lit the Maggiano's ballroom before in the past. When my wife and first stepped foot into the ballroom, the uplighting added such a warm, romantic glow to the room that we were stunned. Couldn't have been happier with Elegant Event Lighting's work.

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Kristin B

Fantastic company! We really wanted to do strings of lights over the outdoor patio at our reception and our venue (Cantigny Park) recommended EEL. Unfortunately what we wanted was slightly under the minimum price EEL requires for an event, however Kristen worked with us to... Read More figure out what we could add in to reach the minimum without spending more than we wanted. In the end EEL was incredibly professional, the lighting was gorgeous and set up exactly how we wanted when we arrived at our reception, the lights were gorgeous and we received so many compliments the entire night and we caught a glimpse of the EEL workers taking down the lights ~30 minutes after our reception ended. Overall such an easy company to work with and they gave us the exact lighting we wanted!

Reviewed on 6/18/2017

Jay and the staff set up everything so beautifully! The guests came up to me and told me they've never seen anything like it. I love it

2017-08-09T14:03:22 Response from the vendor

We're happy to hear that you and your guests enjoyed our decor! Thank you for letting us be a part of your day!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Sarah M

EEL did a great job on our wedding! The drapery looked beautiful! The staff was great with letting us take picture before they did the tear down and set up from the ceremony to the reception. The uplighting was perfect. Jay was great to work with during the whole process! We... Read More would highly recommend them!

2017-08-09T14:04:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words! We were delighted to let you take pictures. So glad that your wedding turned out to be everything you envisioned!

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Ruta C

EEL did a beautiful job on our wedding at the Morton Arboretum. They remained professional and were very easy to get ahold of. There was no pressure to add additional services as other companies tended to do so.. Everything was perfect!!!

Reviewed on 4/28/2017 Drew S

Elegant Event Lighting did the most fabulous job on our downtown wedding!! From uplights, pin lights, and pipe and drape everything was fabulous and exactly what I envisioned. Jay and Katie were amazing and so wonderful to work with. I recommend everyone to Elegant Event... Read More Lighting for all the little details that really makes an event! Thank you for helping make our day magical!

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Nancy P

Jay and EEL did an incredible job on the lighting and draping at our wedding reception. They listened to exactly what we wanted, and transformed the room where our reception took place into something elegant and beautiful. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 3/10/2017 Mara M

Jay and EEL successfully transformed our wedding venue into the most romantic and whimsical setting we could have imagined. Additionally, they went above and beyond with their help in bringing a very special slide presentation to life. Overall, we were extremely pleased with... Read More EEL's work.

2017-03-10T09:24:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your thoughtful comments. We loved being part of your wedding and help make the wedding so special for you and your family. Best wishes to you both!

Meet The Coordinator

Valerie Anderson

Valerie has a passion for helping Brides take their vision for decor and bring it to life! She brings focal points to weddings using decor, draping and lighting and loves the challenge of a blank space and working with you to develop a design that fits your vision.