Specializing in Wedding Decor and Lighting

Elegant Event Lighting specializes in Fabric Backdrops, Ceiling Draping, Chuppahs, White Dance Floors, Crystal Chandeliers, Flower Lighting, Tent Lighting & Draping, Cafe Globe Lighting, Uplighting, Monograms, Paper Lanterns and more! We would love to personalize a design specifically for you!

Chandeliers, Lighting Design + Setup, String Lights, Lighting, Decorations + Accents, Rentals + Equipment

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

630 Morse Avenue, Schaumburg, IL All of Chicagoland (847) 841-3890

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Stacey R

We certainly made the right choice by using EEL for our daughter's wedding. Our daughter had a very specific vision, a rustic chic way to enhance a golf club venue that overlooked the water fountain and golf course. When we went in to see Jay, he was able to pull her vision and... Read More put it into a reality. Jay and Valerie were an absolute pleasure to work with. Tjhey were extremely professional, responsive and flexible. We had many questions in the beginning and they came through for us and took the time to answer each question/concern. As we approached the wedding day, we felt completely confident that the vision would be creaively accomplished and EEL DID NOT DISAPPOINT in any way, shape or form. They hung the cafe lighting randomly throught the wood vaulted ceiling and placed the paper lanterns perfectly over the monogrammed dance floor. Valerie was awesome when it was time to select the perfect monogram for the dance floor. She offered suggestions and ultimately created exactly the look our daughter wanted. Thank you EEL for working so diligently with our venue to handle all the arranging and logistics so that we did not have to. Look no further, if you are looking for a unique, creative way to enhance your venue, EEL is the essential choice. WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND EEL! Thank you, the venue looked perfect!!! We received so many compliments and could not be any happier with our choice in hiring EEL!!!

2017-10-17T11:51:56 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Stacey!! Our team loved setting up & assisting with Jess & Nick's wedding. We were so happy to be a part of their special day, thank you for being so wonderful to work with!

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Drew S

They did a great job at my wedding! They turned a dark patio into a charming area to get some fresh air by hanging beautiful cafe lights. They also added uplighting to the surrounding areas to help highlight the fall landscape and foliage during my reception. They were great to... Read More work with and knew exactly how to make the reception space perfect! Thanks again!

2017-11-14T13:42:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you! The outdoor lighting looked gorgeous at Le Jardin! Congratulations and very best wishes from our team at EEL Chicago!

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Eva V

Jay and Valerie were, and are, absolutely unbelievable. I was a needy client that had custom perforated aluminum panels made (representations of my family business). EEL, without any hesitation, were more than willing to incorporate them into the ceremony backdrop that I had... Read More envisioned. They even went so far as to take pictures of the mounted panels in their warehouse, to give me an idea of what they would look like for my ceremony! (AND modified the look as well!) EEL revised my wedding plan/vision no fewer than 5 times, and were happy to do so each time. I would recommend EEL to anyone with lighting needs. Weddings, corporate events - ANYTHING. They talk you through your ideas and visions - make them work for you and make them a reality - no matter your budget.

Reviewed on 1/23/2018 Kim H

I never thought the vendor we chose for our lighting and draping would turn out to be one of our favorite vendors but I was so wrong! My husband and I got married in November at Loft on Lake in Chicago and were blown away on how beautiful they made the venue. From the second we... Read More met with Jay we knew we wanted to work with EEL - he listened to all of our ideas, gave us suggestions, and showed us all of the different lighting and fabric options in the showroom in back. After we signed a contract with them, my husband and I were amazed at how quick they were to respond to emails, to send us updated invoices, and to help us with any concerns we might have. After meeting with so many wedding vendors while planning a wedding, in can be so frustrating to have people who just don't respond to emails or phone calls, but with EEL we never waited more than 24 hours for a response. For our final walk-through at our venue, they sent someone from Elegant Events to meet us there so we could go over any final details in person. The day of our wedding, my mother-in-law and grandma were at our venue early and were able to watch them set up our fabric backdrop and all of the lighting. They couldn't believe the transformation! I wish more of our guests had the chance to see the "before" version of our venue because EEL was able to turn a blank loft space into such a beautiful and elegant venue. We could not be happier that we chose to work with EEL on our big day and will continue to recommend them to everyone we know!

Reviewed on 1/09/2018 Jamie W

I can't say enough about the customer service and quality. From start to finish Valerie at Elegant Event Lighting were amazing to work with. I wanted simple cafe lights at my wedding and EEL quickly responded, were extremely reasonable, and took care of everything from there.... Read More Valerie worked directly with my venue to schedule setup/breakdown making it beyond easy for me. I will recommend them to everyone looking for event lighting!

Reviewed on 1/05/2018 Nicole F

I had the pleasure of working with the Elegant Event Lighting team for a NYE wedding at Room 1520 and they were awesome! From the beginning they were very responsive to emails and always had input about the design. They had a great setup team who were very efficient and did... Read More everything to make the client happy! We look forward to many more events together!

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Danielle R

Elegant Event Lighting truly made our dream wedding a reality! Everything was perfect and they were very easy to work with! I would highly recommend them for your wedding or event. They are the best!

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Britt A

Elegant Event Lighting did a wonderful job for our wedding this past June. They were incredibly professional, efficient and completely took my vision and made it a reality. Our wedding was absolutely beautiful!! Couldn't be happier with how it turned out. Highly recommend them.

2017-11-17T09:16:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you for letting our team be a part of your special day! Congratulations and best wishes to you and your partner!

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Jennifer H

We recently got married at the Morton Arboretum in October. We were referred to EEL by Morton and we are glad that we were. Even though our request is probably later then they usually get. They were able to take care of us no problem. The communication was great from... Read More everyone there. Once we stepped into the reception area we were blown away with the draping and the lighting and couldn't have been any happier.

2017-11-07T08:50:25 Response from the vendor

We are so happy we were able to be a part of your wedding day! Thank you for your review and congratulations on your fabulous wedding!

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Katy S

We couldn't be happier with the choice we made with EEL. We got married at the tent pavillion at the Morton Arboretum this past September. The extra lighting EEL provided us in the tent was spectacular and the ceiling draping made the space feel cozy and elegant. Thank you, EEL,... Read More for making our night feel so special!

2017-11-01T14:31:51 Response from the vendor

We always love our Morton Arboretum weddings! So happy to hear that the lighting turned out the way you envisioned it for your special day. Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Jessica L

We used Elegant Events Lighting for our Chicago wedding at the Ivy Room on 10/21. The team worked with me on cafe lighting and chandelier placement and greenery for the space. They were incredible at accommodating my vision for the transformation of the space and for working... Read More with my day-of coordinator to ensure everything was magical. I would highly recommend them! It was simply perfect!!

2017-10-27T16:19:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you Jessica! We are so glad we could help create your dream wedding. Your chandeliers turned out so gorgeous! Best wishes to you and your husband from our team here at EEL Chicago!

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Lindsey R

Elegant Events Lighting was amazing to work with throughout our wedding planning process and we were so happy with how our draping and lighting for the ballroom turned out! They transformed a large ballroom into a more cozy and romantic feeling space and we couldn't have been... Read More happier. We worked with Jay who was very knowledgable and prompt but also easy going and fun to work with. Would recommend Elegant Events Lighting to anyone in need of uplighting, pin spotting for floral arrangements, or drapery! They are the best. Thank you again Elegant Event Lighting!

2017-10-17T11:53:27 Response from the vendor

Congratulations once again on your wedding day! We are happy to hear you were satisfied with our services, and we appreciate your review so much.

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Chanel R

We worked with Jay and his team for our wedding at Chez. They did an amazing job, and I cannot compliment them enough on their work. We spoke briefly and I provided them a very rough sketch of my vision for the wedding day. And they took that and brought it to life. The pipe and... Read More drape and the chandeliers they provided were so beautiful. Also, I believe a few days before the wedding, I emailed Jay asking for a specific request last minute. He was very responsive and made sure it happened. I would recommend them to anyone looking for decor on their wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Christy Z

Elegant Events Lighting made the ambience of our wedding reception magical! They installed ivory draping and amber uplighting in the main room, and cafe lighting over the patio. The draping was beautifully done to frame the room entrances. The warm lighting also made all the... Read More difference to add an intimate and sophisticated atmosphere. All set-up was completely finished before we arrived, and tear-down was also taken care of by the company. We are so happy with the professional service provided by Elegant Events!

2017-10-17T11:55:58 Response from the vendor

We are so glad to hear you were satisfied with our team's work. Thank you for letting EEL Chicago be a part of your wedding day and congratulations again!

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Katherine C

We had the pleasure of working with Jay and EEL for our wedding. We thought we had an idea of what lighting we wanted when we met with Jay and quickly realized, Jay’s ideas and suggestions were so much better! He knew the venue and was able to enhance the room with lighting and... Read More drapes to create a beautiful atmosphere for our reception.

2017-10-17T11:56:33 Response from the vendor

So glad we could be of assistance and provide the perfect lighting & draping for your special day! Thank you for your review.

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Janey G

We hired EEL for our wedding and it was a great decision! Jay was very quick to answer any questions and drew up a design that was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

2017-10-17T11:57:09 Response from the vendor

You are so welcome! Thank you for your review, we appreciate it so much! Congratulations once again!

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Kathleen L

Jay and Valerie were so easy to work with and the lighting for our outdoor patio reception was amazing! It gave the perfect effect and guests loved the romantic lights. They set up and removed at Cantigny Park- I had nothing to worry about. Thank you so much for your great... Read More service and always being so responsive! I would for sure recommend to anyone

2017-10-17T11:57:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you for trusting in our services and for your great review! We are so happy we were able to provide you the perfect lighting for your wedding day.

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Lauren K

Jay was great and our lighting looked amazing! We hired Jay to install cafe string lights on the wood rafters on the ceiling of our reception venue and amber uplighting along the brick wall on the lower level. Both looked beautiful and complemented the natural interest of the... Read More space. We didn't have much coordinating to do with Jay at all, jut gave him the date, location and time! He was very knowledgeable with what was to be done and how to do it, which really put me at ease.

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Malika K

I loved our lighting. They created exactly what my husband and I envisioned with in our price range. Our guests left our wedding saying that it was a fairy tale wedding.

2017-09-12T09:02:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much for the kind words! We are delighted to know we were able to create your fairy tale wedding. Thank you for letting us be a part of this special day.

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Vanessa P

We had our ceremony and reception at the beautiful Conrad Chicago this past weekend. Elegant Event Lighting (EEL) handled the lighting decor and ceremony backdrop and did an absolute fabulous job. EEL delivered on exactly the type of ambiance we wanted to create and we could not... Read More be happier. They were fantastic, arrived on time, and executed flawlessly. Jay Sims, my main contact at EEL, was wonderful to work with throughout the planning and organization of the wedding. He was professional and responsive every step of the way, and he even did an on-site visit with me a year in advance to ensure accurate measurement and lighting needs. It was perfect. I will certainly look to EEL for future events - they were fantastic!

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Mary Lou S

Had the pleasure to work with Jay Sims and the crew at Elegant Event Lighting for my daughter Lucia Scala's wedding on July 22, 2017 this year. They were amazing to say the least from customer service, to answering questions, getting back to me with ideas they had to make our... Read More day very special. They are top notch and I recommend everyone call them when planning an event. They were awesome.

2017-08-22T08:30:19 Response from the vendor

So glad to hear you were happy with our services! Thank you for the kind words. We loved how everything turned out for Lucia's special day.

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Mary W

Elegant Event Lighting was amazing. They were professional and affordable. They took what I envisioned and turned my hall into exactly what I wanted. They were easy to reach and always got back to me quickly this is very important to a bride as she is planning her day. I would... Read More recommend them to anyone who is looking and I am sure I will be using them again in the future. Thank you to the entire team for making my day amazing.

2017-08-09T12:58:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words! We are glad that we were able to make your dream wedding possible! Thanks for choosing EEL Chicago!

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Ritika S

Jay and Valerie from EEL were a delight to work with! From the very beginning, we wanted an elegant, seamless monogrammed white dance floor for our wedding and we extended our search outside of Michigan because we couldn't find anyone local. EEL responded to our request right... Read More away and worked with us to figure out how to get the exact look we wanted! They made something that started off stressful extremely stress-free. We knew we were in good hands the second we signed with them. They are a first-class team that is extremely professional!

2017-08-09T12:59:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review! We loved our road trip to Detroit to create the dance floor and monogram for your special day!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Heidi S

Elegant Event Lighting is top notch!! We had a consultation with Jay at their showroom - it's a really cool space. Jay listened to everything we wanted for our event space and then created the perfect concept! We got full draping and uplighting for our reception room, and it... Read More totally transformed the space for the better - it didn't even look like the same room! We had globe lighting for dancing outside, and it was beautiful. EEL really knows how to deliver - could not have asked for anything more.

2017-08-09T12:59:45 Response from the vendor

So glad that you loved our showroom! Thank you for letting our team be a part of your wedding day!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Meagan S

I was so impressed with everything we picked for our wedding! It looked like a fairytale in our reception room! They were so nice and easy to work with! Loved them! They even custom designed our dance floor to Disney themed :)

2017-08-09T13:00:30 Response from the vendor

We loved your Disney theme- so unique and fun to create a monogram for! Thank you for choosing EEL Chicago as a part of your special day!

Meet The Coordinator

Valerie Anderson

Valerie has a passion for helping Brides take their vision for decor and bring it to life! She brings focal points to weddings using decor, draping and lighting and loves the challenge of a blank space and working with you to develop a design that fits your vision.