Specializing in Wedding Decor and Lighting

Elegant Event Lighting specializes in Fabric Backdrops, Ceiling Draping, Chuppahs, White Dance Floors, Crystal Chandeliers, Flower Lighting, Tent Lighting & Draping, Cafe Globe Lighting, Uplighting, Monograms, Paper Lanterns and more! We would love to personalize a design specifically for you!

Chandeliers, Lighting Design + Setup, String Lights, Lighting, Decorations + Accents, Rentals + Equipment

630 Morse Avenue, Schaumburg, IL All of Chicagoland (847) 841-3890
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 3/30/2016 Heather B

It was such a pleasure to meet the team of Elegant Event Lighting. I mainly worked with Jay, and he was amazing. Made me feel comfortable and was just so enthusiastic about my wedding. I changed my mind several times and he was willing to work with me to help figure out my... Read More ceremony and reception back drop. I thing that I love the most was that I was able to see the replica of what the actual set up is going to look like in person before hand. Not on a picture but actually set up in their back warehouse. I thought that was so amazing that way I could really picture my big day. When the big day came it brought tears to my eyes. I hadn't seen the ceremony set up until I was actually walking down the asile and I believe that's why I was crying the entire way because is was beyond beautiful! So elegant and chic. I did the hanging crystals had a went wedding so it went perfect with the look I was crying to create. My guests still talk about how gorgeous and unique it all looked. Both backdrops were perfect and both captured exactly what I was looking for. They are reasonably priced and super flexible to work with. I live in Schaumburg but got married downtown so it was nice to have a local vendor close to my house so I did not have to travel to the city to meet them them everytime. I highly recommend Elegant Event Lighting!

Reviewed on 3/10/2017 Mara M

Jay and EEL successfully transformed our wedding venue into the most romantic and whimsical setting we could have imagined. Additionally, they went above and beyond with their help in bringing a very special slide presentation to life. Overall, we were extremely pleased with... Read More EEL's work.

2017-03-10T09:24:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your thoughtful comments. We loved being part of your wedding and help make the wedding so special for you and your family. Best wishes to you both!

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Claudette M

EEL provided the starburst lighting, up lighting and drapery for our wedding It looked amazing. They were very easy to work with highly recommend using them!!!

Reviewed on 4/28/2017 Drew S

Elegant Event Lighting did the most fabulous job on our downtown wedding!! From uplights, pin lights, and pipe and drape everything was fabulous and exactly what I envisioned. Jay and Katie were amazing and so wonderful to work with. I recommend everyone to Elegant Event... Read More Lighting for all the little details that really makes an event! Thank you for helping make our day magical!

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Nancy P

Jay and EEL did an incredible job on the lighting and draping at our wedding reception. They listened to exactly what we wanted, and transformed the room where our reception took place into something elegant and beautiful. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Allison B

EEL did an amazing job at our wedding. Everything looked amazing and they were SUPER easy to work with. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Penny K

I can't say enough about EEL. Jay and his team were helpful during our decision making process, knew our venue and just what looked best, and were conservative in their recommendations, not trying to "over-sell" us on extra things we didn't need. I would highly recommend them... Read More for any event and plan to use them again in the future. PS - Jay is also an EXCELLENT DJ, so be sure to consider his DJ services as well. He incorporated neat extra details into the evening and was extremely supportive and conscientious about meeting out needs.

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Ellen K

EEL was a pleasure to work with for our wedding the Lacuna Artist Loft. The company was responsive, fast, and provided just the ambiance we wanted with the lighting and draping. We loved the café lights over the ceremony and dance floor and highly recommend for other couples... Read More getting married.

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Nikki F

I would recommend working with Jay and Kristin from Elegant Event Lighting to anyone looking for a perfect finish to their wedding! Jay and Kristin responds to calls and emails almost immediately (which is nice when you are planning a wedding yourself and you're in contact with... Read More 10 other vendors). They took time on an early Saturday morning to sit down and show us in person what their different options were rather than picking what they have off the website. That was important to me because pictures only show so much. He showed us pictures of what we were looking for at the venue we booked, then we got to enter his showroom where we got to see for ourselves what we liked. So many options! The day of, when my husband and I entered the room for the first time before guests entered, our jaws dropped. We went with the extended backdrop with amber uplighting, the white dance floor with a black monogram printed on. We had a very big Greek and Italian wedding, so we had LOTS of dancing. I was worried it was going to look scuffed and may end up looking bad in pictures, but that hardly happened! Jay and Kristen work really well together so any time we made changes or add ons, they responded right away with a new and updated invoice showing a break down which is nice to keep organized. Jay also has dressed up several venues so it was nice to see that he knows the rooms really well so he can make recommendations on what typically looks best or what doesn't. He also will never move forward with a payment until you personally approve proofs. I had changed the look of the monogram for the dance floor a few times and they move so quick to make changes so you are never waiting more than a day to receive a new lay out to approve or make any changes to. Thank you for making our wedding day so special, beautiful, and the designs really made the whole day complete!

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Emily E

After we found out our band and florist did not provide lighting, we turned to our venue for a recommendation. They suggested Elegant Event Lighting and we couldn't have been more pleased. The price was right and after we picked a color, we didn't have to worry about a thing.... Read More Once we walked into our reception, the lighting was set and ready to go! Customer service was also top notch as well. Would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Hope B

I recently used Elegant Event lighting for my draping. It was absolutely beautiful. It brought such elegance to my room at my reception. I would definitely recommend them.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Randi M

We used EEL for our ceremony lighting and our reception lighting. They were extremely responsive with emails and any questions we had. Jay gave us great recommendations for each part of our wedding that really enhanced everything without it being overdone. We would recommend... Read More EEL to anyone!!! Thanks for making our day so special!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Katie J

Jay and the team at EEL are second to none! When we decided to incorporate a structure with 1,000 cranes as part of our ceremony backdrop, Jay helped us design the structure and worked with our other vendors to incorporate the cranes and floral accents, making it truly... Read More one-of-a-kind. He also suggested that we use the structure as our backdrop during dinner, which was such a good call because now we have photos from both the ceremony and reception that incorporate this unique and gorgeous feature! We could not be happier!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Kariann H

Elegant Event Lighting completely transformed Venuti's Volare ballroom into exactly what we envisioned! As a matter of fact it exceeded our expectations. EEL provided us with a gorgeous ceiling to floor - wall to wall back drop with soft white uplighting , a white stage and... Read More stair cover, with soft white uplighting to illuminate the walls on the side aisles. My wife said she literally felt like she just entered Heaven when the doors opened and entered with her Father down the aisle! The service and timely responses we received throughout the entire wedding planning process greatly appreciated . We hired Loudbyte Cinematography (Award Winning Films - Example: http://www.honeyandbride.com/jewish-peninsula-hotel-wedding/ ) for a documentary and EEL's work will be featured in our custom Wedding film which will be released within the next 6-8 months. Wish we were able to leave photos on this review for anyone interested in Venuti's as a Venue and EEL for décor. Thanks again EEL!! Tim & Kariann Schuster

2016-10-19T09:38:05 Response from the vendor

It was great working with you Tim and Kariann. Thank you for your trust. I will let our crew know your feedback. Can't wait to see the video! Jay

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Shannon S

EEL created a gorgeous back drop for my wedding ceremony and reception at the Park Hyatt Chicago. The event space was very plain and had a conference room feel but EEL dressed it up with full pipe and draping, a beautiful chandelier and aisle runner. I couldn't have been happier... Read More with their work. They also handled the up-lighting and patterned dance floor lighting for the reception. They did a great job! We received compliments all night. Working with Kristen and Jay was effortless and they were very professional. I thought the pricing was very reasonable as well. I would highly recommend using EEL!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Jacqueline J

We were very impressed with the responsiveness, attention to detail, lack of pushiness. I worked with Jay. Went to their space to see the elements I was about to purchase. Jay did a venue visit as well to properly execute our vision with a ceiling wash and a chandelier in a... Read More gazebo. They were on time, professional and well organized! Thank you EEL

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Alexandra M

I wanted to cover the dance floor for my wedding however the Ritz doesn't allow you to cover their dance floor. So, I had to bring in a separate dance floor to cover. My wedding planner and decor company sent me price quotes that were just crazy expensive. Not wanting to spend a... Read More small fortune, I did some research online and found Elegant Event Lighting. Their pricing was much better then all of the other companies in the city and their service was amazing. The dance floor looked fantastic and really tied the whole room together! I am so glad that I found them and they were one of my fav. vendors!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Ellie L

Jay, Kristen and the EEL Team were such a pleasure to work with. We used their services for draping behind our head table, perimeter up-lights, head table spotlights and a vinyl dance floor cover with a personalized monogram. We were amazed to see the overall design on our... Read More wedding day. That dance floor was EPIC! Thank you, Elegant Event Lighting, for making us feel special during the whole planning process and, especially, on our big day.

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Becca E

Everything was amazing and looked beautiful. I was so happy with how it all turned out! And I thought working with your company was very easy. You guys did a great job. Thank you!

Reviewed on 9/30/2016 Amber W

easy to work with and has a great showroom so you know exactly what you are getting and what to expect.

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Shawn J

I truly recommend "Elegant Event Lighting"!!! We used this professional company to turn our daughter's wedding into a fairy tale event!! It was simply beautiful!! People have placed her wedding photos online and everyone is asking where and who did the elegant draping!!! What... Read More an elegant wedding event!! Thank you Jay! Mrs. Shawn Jackson

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Courtney W

We had the most wonderful day and I cannot begin to thank you enough for making my vision come to life. To be honest, the decor looked even better than my ultimate vision - thanks to you and your team! When we all saw inside the tent for the first time it was hard to believe we... Read More were in a tent it felt more like a ballroom. Nobody had ever seen that many chandeliers or the floral print lighting on a tent which was stunning. I absolutely loved the huge custom monogrammed dance floor and I asked our wedding planner to wipe off some of the smudges from my friends dancing like fools. I didn't want anyone to ruin it. I wish I could have taken home the dance floor but it was the size of our entire apartment. Thank you so much for EVERYTHING!!

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Allison C

The fairy back drop was perfect! It looked great in all the pictures and everything was set up just the way I wanted it! It added such class and a elegant look to the room! I have passed your name on to a number of my friends!

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 caitlin m

I booked with EEL to have my ceiling draped with lights. It turned out so beautiful, better than the pictures they showed what it would look like. They were very friendly and worked with me as I changed my mind a million times! I'm so happy my wedding looked amazing thanks to... Read More them!!

Reviewed on 8/29/2016

EEL are true professionals and a pleasure to work with. They prepared ceremony lighting for a last minute rain plan but when it turned out to be a glory day, they figured out a way to incorporate the unused lights to enhance the dance floor. It was such relief to entrust these... Read More matters to competent and kind people!

Jay Sims

Jay and his wife Tamara are Broadway musical and theater lovers. Jay's love of lighting, sets and staging is his foundation for lighting and design weddings. "I want your guests to feel high emotion and love from the moment they walk in the door" says Jay. Jay brings focal points to weddings using decor, draping and lighting and loves the challenge of a blank space and working with you to develop a design that fits your vision.