Maryam Flowers

D692bc15 0755 426d 96a9 fb6ea89c4786~rs 100
Dec9f43f 97e4 40b7 87a9 9d17ceef4785~rs 100

10402 Fairfax Blvd, Fairfax, VA (703) 385-2929

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Catie M

Maryam is a true professional who will do her best to make your wedding floral dreams come true. We met with several florists (including some of the area's top "big name" ones), who were not quite hitting the mark on the color palette I was requesting, or the fact I wanted... Read More certain specific flowers and the incorporation of mini pink pineapples. We presented Maryam with pictures and talked everything out with her in person. During the meeting she gave us a sense of confidence that she'd be able to execute our vision based on her descriptions of what she could do with our ideas. I wanted something summery, sweet and vibrant, with a nod to my island home and southern hospi Throughout the process, she was extremely responsive to my many emails as I checked on, changed and added a few things. She also of her own accord made to sure to confirm important details to ensure nothing was overlooked. On the day of the wedding, she delivered everything as promised, with some minor non-issue variations. (I had wanted more of a small cascade effect for my bouquet vs round), there were a few more "typical" roses vs peonies and garden roses, and the pineapples were not showcased in the centerpieces as much as I had envisioned... However, the colors were spot on and everything was beautiful anyway! I loved the way the bouquets looked with the dresses, and the flowers on both the cocktail tables and main centerpieces were lovely and made everything come to life. A lot of people commented then and since on how perfectly everything came together with the flowers and colors. (Pinks and blushes, with a touch of oranges and whites, and gold accents). They've want to know who we used, and I've recommended Maryam as someone I myself would still use again. Any slight imperfections can be avoided with a little more micromanaging on the part of the couple, simply because a vendor can't always read your mind. Maryam comes close though, and deserves 5 stars. No other proposals we received were as satisfactory. Additionally, for the service and quality of her work, she's very reasonably priced for this area and won't try to upsell although she does have good suggestions. I believe she treats each client with care and a personalized manner that really makes a world of difference when you are planning your own wedding. She even remembered to bring extra flowers for my hair, which I requested last minute! Thank you, Maryam and company for helping make our wedding truly sweet and beautiful.

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Rajiv D

We hired Maryam to do the flowers for our wedding and we were very happy we made this decision. First of all, she is extremely organized and responsive, which takes a lot of the stress out of the wedding process. Her arrangements were exactly what we wanted, the wedding bouquet... Read More was incredible, and she did a really beautiful wedding backdrop as well. Her prices were very reasonable given the quality of her work. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Katherine D

I cannot say enough kind words about Maryam herself. She and I really formed a bond between February (when I hired her) and my wedding day (August 19th). She is warm, inviting, funny, and friendly. We exchanged quite a few texts (even a few leading up to my wedding day just... Read More exchanging how excited we were). She was always super responsive. I never had to wait more than a day for a response (usually not even an hour). Even if she was out of the office, she would respond letting me know she'd get back to me in a few days. She was absolutely wonderful! As for her work - breathtaking, perfect, and beautiful would describe my feelings. I had a vision for my wedding day, but was not (still am not) an expert on flowers by any means. I knew the look and feel I was going for (rustic/romantic to go with our vineyard setting), but in terms of what flowers to choose, I was kind of clueless and put it all into her hands to come to life. We had a rough budget we were working with, but were willing to be flexible. She gave us just enough options to choose from, and always let us know what was going to kick us up a notch over our budget. I changed things a few times, and she always responded letting me know she would update our proposal. Let me just say...Maryam made my floral dreams come true on my wedding day. Everything was absolutely perfect, from my beautiful blush colored arbor with eucalyptus and roses, the beautiful bridesmaids bouquets (I am still gushing over how perfect they were and how wonderful they smelled), to the simple (but elegant) mason jar arrangements that sat on cocktail tables and were accented around my ceremony and cocktail hour. People kept coming up to me saying "your flowers are so YOU!" and that is exactly what I wanted. I will miss working with her dearly and look forward to keeping in touch with her in the years to come (and using her for our floral needs in the future)! Maryam, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 9/17/2015 Katherine H

She is sooo sweet and easy to work with. She has the wonderful ability to truly understand what you are asking for. Her floral arrangements for our wedding were absolutely gorgeous!!

Maryam is Amazing!

Reviewed on 9/16/2015 Annie A

I cannot recommend Maryam Flowers enough! She is warm, wonderful, and really cares about her clients' vision. Her flowers are stunning and her devotion to her craft is obvious. She is very knowledgeable and let us know what flowers would best bring about our vision while not... Read More costing too much because they were in season. We wanted sunflowers, and my bridesmaids wore dark purple, so Maryam was able to put gorgeous bouquets together incorporating purple flowers and flowers that complimented Sunflowers. She is really great about working within a budget, with an option to make changes to the flowers up to two weeks before the wedding. So many of our guests kept saying how lovely the flowers were; they brightened our venue and were great for photos. Maryam checked in right after the wedding to make sure my husband and I were satisfied, too. We had many great wedding vendors, but Maryam was my favorite to work with, and I will be sure to use her in the future whenever I need flowers!

Maryam is such a delight!

Reviewed on 9/19/2014 Allyson B

Maryam was such a delight to work with. While our flowers weren't quite what we had signed off on (there was a certain flower missing from the bridesmaid and bridal bouqets), everything still looked beautiful. And she more than made up for the missing flowers with the... Read More BEAUTIFUL centerpieces that were (literally) overflowing with flowers. It added that extra BOOST of color to our big day. Also it's important to note that I know if I had told Maryam a flower was missing she would've taken care of it right away/resolved the issue. However I'm not a big flower person and I quickly over looked that minor detail.

the best at half the cost!

Reviewed on 9/18/2014 Sarah D

My wife and I reviewed several places and visited a few more. On a whim we checked in with Maryam as the store is near our new home. Maryam offered the same package as all others - same exact flowers, delivery, etc., etc. -- at half the cost as the next closest price (well known... Read More DaVinci Florist). I could say enough about Maryam and her product.

My wedding flowers

Reviewed on 11/04/2013 Alenah T

We hired Maryam to do our wedding flowers upon referral, and they were BEAUTIFUL! I would absolutely use her again! Se was honest with me and didnt try to get me to order more than I had to, the flowers were bright and fresh, everything was correct, and it made our wedding that... Read More much more classy. She was on time, very friendly, and easy to get a hold of. Im so thankful for her work on our wedding! :)

Absolutely Beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/20/2013 Jen L

Maryam Flowers was one of the preferred vendors of our reception site. I emailed Maryam to see if we could meet with her to see her portfolio and discuss options for our wedding, and Maryam immediately invited us to preview another wedding at our venue for which she had done... Read More the flowers! To say her work is beautiful would be an understatement. My husband, parents and I met with Maryam a few months before our wedding to iron our the details and view flower choices and colors. Both before and after that, Maryam was extremely helpful and attentive in finding exactly what we wanted, in the flower, color and price range we wanted. She provided helpful suggestions and truly made us feel like our day was important to her, too. I can't say enough about how much we loved Maryam Flowers. We would definitely recommend it for future events!!

Beautiful flowers, easy to work with

Reviewed on 8/27/2013 Holly C

Maryam was super easy to work with, very knowledgeable with a great vision, and provided us with a great value for all of our wedding flowers. The bouquets and altar pieces were gorgeous. I went in with pictures of what I liked and my wedding colors and she totally ran with it... Read More to give me something even better than I could have imagined. You can put your trust in her, she knows what she's doing! She worked with me to make sure I didn't go over budget, offering solutions on how to get the best look for my money. She was very easy to work with, I highly recommend her for your wedding flower needs!

More than worth it -- look no further

Reviewed on 8/25/2013 Gary R

Once we met with Maryam, we looked no further. My wife felt comfortable with Maryam's style, a balance of seeking to meet desires with enough advice to consider all the options. She was very friendly during the initial appointment without being too pushy. She seemed to be... Read More genuinely interested in our day. She was flexible enough to work with us a little on pricing and preferences (changing flower colors, adding florescent lighting, extra mini arrangement). There were was no nickling and diming along the way, not even for letting us use her trellis. The most reassuring part was that she gives brides a complimentary centerpiece prior to the event. All the flowers were beautiful on the day of, especially the bouquets. Our mothers loved the magnetic clips for the corsages (very easy to get on without any pricking). Overall, she is someone who truly wants to over deliver for her clients, without charging an arm and a leg, which is rare in DC. We highly recommend her. If you like purple/calla lilies, ask about Gary and Alyssa's flower photos.

The most beautiful floral arrangements!!!

Reviewed on 8/14/2013 Michelle N

Future brides, Maryam is amazing and I highly recommended her! Her floral arrangements are so beautiful. I just had my wedding on August 10th at the Ritz Carlton in D.C. and I am still in awe of how beautiful my wedding was. I received a compliment on our floral arrangement from... Read More nearly every wedding guest, as well as the hotel staff. She is also very pleasant to work with and always willing to accommodate every single request of mine. She is very prompt, easy to reach, and very professional. I would always get a reply back from her within the same day. My girlfriends are flower snobs and they cannot stop talking about my wedding flowers. In planning my wedding I received multiple quotes from high end florists, comparable to Maryam and she blew their estimates away by thousands. You can tell, she's really doing her job because it's her passion, not because she wants to make a buck. Without her vision and expertise, I would've missed out on the wedding of my dreams. Regardless of who is recommended to you, please go see this sweet lady just once.

Florist

Reviewed on 7/09/2013 Melissa P

Maryam Flowers was a great company to work with. Maryam sits down with each bride to go through exactly what look you want. She knew my ceremony location well and had great ideas on what would look best. She also didn't try to push certain types of flowers on me that other... Read More florists did and was able to work within my budget which other florists had problems with. She was responsive to all emails and able to change things up to the week of the wedding. I would work with her again.

OK

Reviewed on 5/22/2013 Dashe

When I first met the owner, I was impressed with her professionalism and willingness to help me tweak my vision for my wedding. Unfortunately, that was overshadowed by the service I received on the wedding day. The flowers, which I was told would arrive at 4 PM, were at the... Read More venue well before that. When I arrived at the venue at 11 am, the flower were already delivered, but they weren't in the refrigerator or anything. Then I noticed the bridal bouquet had already begun to wilt and it was all roses! Also, it was not prepared correctly, it was missing some pieces. One of the bridesmaids called, and had to argue for another bridal bouquet to be delivered. In the end, a beautiful bouquet was delivered with all of the pieces correct, but the flowers didn't match the other flowers in the bridal party. They worked very fast to get the new bouquet delivered, but it shouldn't have had to be delivered in the first place.

Maryam is great!

Reviewed on 1/18/2013 China G

I used Maryam for my wedding and would definitely use her again for any future functions. Her recommendations were perfect for my budget and she had great advice on other wedding ideas I would not have thought of on my own.

Beautiful!

Reviewed on 11/15/2012 Alison H

Maryam did a wonderful job with our flowers! She was very responsive and easy to work with. The free sample centerpieces and toss bouquet were also great! I had certain colors in mind, but Maryam really helped build the vision. Her creative eye really helped with the... Read More arrangements – they were all gorgeous! Some of the first compliments I hear when I share pictures from the wedding are, wow, your flowers are beautiful! I highly recommend Maryam Flowers!

Lovely shop and lovely lady!

Reviewed on 9/18/2012 Tonya P

Maryam is just a pleasure to work with and if you tell her your budget and what you want, she will work with you! The flowers were just beautiful and she delivered everything on time and in perfect condition!

great to work with

Reviewed on 9/12/2012 Sara B

My daughter and I were very pleased with Maryam Flowers. She was recommended by a friend and we could see why. She was very easy to work with, came up with beautiful flower ideas that my daughter was very happy with. She assured us that we would have nothing to worry about... Read More when the big day came; she would take care of everything...she was so right. I knew I could just trust her to take care of it. She was happy to make any changes we wanted. And on top of it all - her prices were very reasonable. Any bride would be happy to use Maryam's flowers for her big day!

Beautiful Flowers! Amazing Service!

Reviewed on 5/17/2012 Kelly A

Maryam was amazing! Right from the beginning Maryam was able to sense my vision and create incredible arrangements that were exactly what I wanted. I couldn't believe how quickly Maryam responded to all of my (last minute) requests and changes and the contract was so detailed I... Read More knew EXACTLY what I was getting. On our wedding day I was absolutely speechless when I saw all of the floral arrangements - they completely transformed the ceremony and reception venues! My girls' bouquets were gorgeous - I could not believe how vibrant the colors of the flowers were. And my bouquet - words can not express how beautiful it was! I highly recommend Maryam Flowers to all brides her arrangements are to die for and she is great and trustworthy person!

Beautiful Budget Friendly Flowers

Reviewed on 5/08/2012 Jessica B

Loved my flowers for the church, the unique color display and the corsages, and bridal bouquets were gorgeous. I received many compliments.

High quality with a reasonable price tag

Reviewed on 5/02/2012 Lora P

Maryam was fabulous to work with - She has great ideas and guides you along the way but won't stop until you have your flowers exactly the way you always imagined.

Beautiful Flowers!

Reviewed on 11/22/2011 Janel S

Maryam is an incredible florist and we could not have been more pleased with our wedding day flowers. Throughout the entire time we worked with Maryam, from our first meeting to talk about what we wanted to the wedding day, she was prompt, professional and had our best interests... Read More at heart. She presented us with the great idea to use the wedding ceremony flower pieces as our reception centerpieces, which was not something that had been recommended by other florists we met with. Her idea was fantastic and the flower arrangements were the perfect addition to both ceremony (in vases standing on the floor) and reception (tall vases on the table). As part of our flower package, we received a sample centerpiece several weeks prior to the wedding to bring home. This was a chance for us to see our ideas put together, the centerpiece was gorgeous and the day of centerpieces looked exactly like the sample we were so pleased with. Our flowers were incredible and we had several guests comment on how beautiful the arrangements were. We can not recommend Maryam flowers enough to other future brides and grooms. Thanks Maryam! Janel and Brandon

Great Vendor & Person

Reviewed on 10/14/2011 Monica D

Maryam was more than anything we could have asked for in a florist. Everything about her is top-notch, and to make it even better, she is above and beyond THE sweetest person you will ever meet. I was one of those "I don't know anything about flowers, I trust you!"-brides,... Read More and I knew Maryam was the woman to trust. All the flower arrangements and bouquets were amazingly beautiful. Maryam even showed up the day of the wedding at the venue to help set up--I couldn't believe it! She ran up to me and gave me a hug; it was so sweet. I didn't have an idea of 100% of what the flowers would look like (she does provide a free sample center piece, though!), but once I saw them, I knew I'd made the right decision by letting Maryam do all the work. Everything felt very personal, too--we'd met with her a few times, and it really felt like she'd done all the planning and work for *us*. Everyone took home flower arrangements (another perk!) and all the bridesmaids loved their bouquets. Both the MOG and the MOB were wary about wearing corsages, but both wore theirs all night! Additionally, Maryam was extremely affordable and well-worth what we paid. We visited another florist in the wedding planning process, and for DOUBLE what Maryam charged, we were offered "just white hydrangeas." Meanwhile, Maryam provided us with a wide variety of flowers in beautiful shades of purple and ivory, and we were just in awe of how wonderful the whole wedding looked because of her. I would highly, highly recommend that anyone in the DC-area book Maryam for their flower needs. She is such a pleasure to work with!

great florist

Reviewed on 10/12/2011 Linda D

Maryam is a great florist--I am very glad that I chose her to provide the flowers for our wedding. From the get-go, she was very patient with my lack of knowledge about different types of flowers :-), and gave some great suggestions while still being very conscious of my... Read More budget. She kept getting better though--we had some changes a week or two before the wedding that she was very easily able to accomodate, and was also very easy to accomodate us on the day of the wedding when the chuppah wasn't ready for her to decorate at the time I told her it would be. And the best part of all--the flowers were GORGEOUS! I wanted flowers that were very bright, colorful, and fun (gerber daisies were the main flower) and that is exactly what she did.

Amaze!

Reviewed on 10/11/2011 Ketrina C

MY FLOWERS WERE THE MOST AMAZING THING I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!!! She made everything look the way that I had envisioned it, I will use her for any event that calls for flowers!!! She truly was amazing!