Norton Country Club

Ballroom, Country Club

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning

188 Oak St, Norton, MA (508) 285-2400

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Pete T

From our first meeting through our wedding there on the last Saturday of July 2017, they were wonderful. A special shout out to Alicia, their head of Event Sails and Coordinator. They were very reasonably priced, the food was excellent - and the accommodated various options,... Read More such as Gluten Free - and the staff were all courteous, professional and kind. We were very lucky to have discovered them and we are very grateful with how well they rolled with even minor changes, such as using flowers as an impromptu cake topping and arrangement on the head table. If you read these reviews, chances are our experience will hold true through 2019 - they are that good. Special hint: the triumvirate of Vendors here would be Norton Country Club, Shawon Davis (photography) and Limelight Weddings as DJ - that should get you started.

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Christine B

So pleased with this venue and the way my wedding turned out on 7/15/17. I have been planning my wedding for over a year with the help of the wedding coordinator at NCC, Alicia. She was a perfectionist and made sure everything happened as we wanted it. Alicia was always so sweet... Read More to work with and responded to emails within a few hours. If we ever had concerns about something the venue always corrected it. For example.. I went in for my first tasting and was not a fan of the New York Sirloin they offered. Alicia worked with a new vendor to get us what we wanted and even had us back for a second tasting. The night of the wedding the food was incredible... huge portions. NCC offers a wedding package called Sweet Serenity.. which is basically a one stop shop. The appetizers, meals, table arrangements, DJ, cake, limo, etc. are all included in this package. Each and every vendor did a phenomenal job. I cant say enough about the venue and my experience. I was looking for the perfect combo of affordable and elegant... NCC checked every box. THANK YOU ALICIA!

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Amanda M

Norton Country Club is a lovely location for a wedding. We planned our wedding in less than five months and were nervous about a quick wedding but there is nothing I would change. The grounds are great for pictures. Our guests are still talking about the food and how good it... Read More was. They made planning my wedding a breeze and I was never stressed for every time I call Alicia she answered my questions or help point me in the right direction. Thank You!

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Kasandra D

I had my wedding reception here in May 2017. I had mixed feelings about the venue for good reason. We booked and put our non-refundable deposit down a few months before we actually had a food tasting. My now husband, mother and mother-in-law also attended. The food was not great... Read More by any stretch of the imagination. It was so unnerving to me that I actually thought about losing my $1000.00 and trying to get another venue but since it was January and my date was in May I really was in a panic. The coordinator and manager were very nice and understanding as I voiced my concerns. They offered another tasting which to my surprise was wonderful. I was so relieved and excited!! My coordinator was sweet as could be and the room itself, was exactly what I wanted for my comfortable homey reception. May 13, 2017... Nightmare night!!! Food service quality and execution was unimaginable!!! Cold raw steak, timing on serving tables was ridiculous. At one point my husband leaned in to tell me his parents hadn't even been served their meal. My meal was sent back twice. I couldn't believe it the one thing I had feared and was so adamant about executing perfectly was a complete and utter disaster. Concerns were brought to the coordinator but at that late point it was a wash. Some other upheavals happened with the running of the reception to the point my mother actually addressed (on my behalf) in a fury no less to the manager in his office when she should have been enjoying the night that so much effort was put into. Nothing... Not even when she went to retrieve items left behind two days later did they seem concerned about the failure they created. After careful consideration an email was sent again to voice my disappointment as all I heard that night (as well as when I see anyone now) it was fun but.... and the comments begin about the food and lack of timing and it has ruined a lot for me. I don't even like to speak of that day. It has been four months since I sent the email to management and not one word from them. I paid my bill in full on time without reservation for one of the most important days of my life and they just don't really care.You may wonder why I took to Yelp with this, well I just wanted to advise future brides to always go with your first impression. I have always heard the expression "you can put lipstick on a pig" I just never in my life thought it would be used for my wedding venue.

Reviewed on 4/18/2017 Kris R

We just had my sister's Baby Shower here last weekend and everything went off without a hitch. The space and the food were complimented on by all the guests and working to put the event together was a absolutely pleasure with Alicia R. She was so good that the DAY of the event I... Read More had a cold so she was quick to give me a microphone so that all the guests could hear me. We also had a last minute request for a projector to watch a short video and she was able to bring one up for us to use. The staff working out event were sweet too - I was trying to rush to pack up and get out by 4pm, but everyone said not to worry about it. OH and my sister was over the moon happy with her shower. Thank you all at Norton CC!

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Courtney L

I hosted my best friends Bridal Shower at Norton Country Club this pasted summer. If you are looking for a venue that is affordable & has great food then this is a venue you need to look at. I was nervous to put together a shower because I never had done one before. Alicia the... Read More event coordinator, made it so easy to plan and the staff the day of was awesome. Thank you Norton Country Club!

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Kelly G

From the minute I walked into Norton Country Club I had this feeling of comfort. The packages they offer are great for any type of budget. We selected the Sweet Serenity Package which worked great with my busy schedule. It has 5 vendors worked into the price along with the food!... Read More OMG, the food, our guest are still talking about how great it was. Their event coordinator Alicia is great to work with and responds in a timely fashion which I liked a lot. The vendors that come with the package are simply amazing and the vendors that were recommended were just as amazing. I can't thank the staff enough for helping me have the most perfect day of my life.

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Steve S

Can't say enough about this Club! My wife and I were so happy that we chose Norton Country Club. The Staff was excellent and Alicia was great to work with while accommodating all of out needs. Compliments to the Chef as well! Our guests are still raving about the food. We... Read More chose the Serenity Package which was an all inclusive type of package. The vendors were tremendous and very easy to work with. We would highly recommend Norton Country Club and as an avid golfer, it's one of the nicest golf courses in the area!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Edouine (

Read your contact. I had to fight to get them to pay my vendors their deposits. In less than 6 months I had 3 different wedding consultants. Each one have no clue to what I wanted. The place is beautiful but the way it's managed, horrid. Now I'm planning my wedding elsewhere,... Read More while preparing to take them to court for the rest of my deposit. Read your contract. Make sure your vendor's that are part of your package get their deposits up front and doesn't end up in someone else's pocket. They had me supper stressed, and overwhelmed. Now I am still out $700.00 and I'm taking the to court for. looking into posiblly getting a class lawsuit, if I can find others. Right is right, and wrong is wrong and they were Wong on so many levels. Beware, of Norton Country Club. Research different reviews. Know what your getting into before you make any commitment.

May 31, 2014

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Caitlin M

I was married on May 31st of this year, I cannot say enough amazing things about Norton Country Club. They made my day so simple and so beautiful. The grounds were amazing for my ceremony and pictures. Almost 6 months later I still have people talking about how amazing the food... Read More was. And for the price for such amazing service and such a beautiful place. It really is true you do not need to spend thousands to make your wedding beautiful. I will always be so thankful for everyone at the Norton Country Club for making my day so special

Beautiful space but not organized

Reviewed on 11/11/2013 Nicole D

When I first starting looking for reception places I was turned onto the Norton Country Club by other brides who said they had a wonderful wedding there and the price couldn't be beat. My husband (fiance at the time) and I went to look over the venue and we absolutely loved it.... Read More The room is gorgeous, the venue only does one wedding a day so you know you get individual attention, and the price really is the best I've seen in this area. There were some snags though- first the original coordinator that I booked with left for another job and I never got a call about this! I found out because I was emailing her over and over to set up appointments and when she never got back to me I finally called and asked to speak with someone in charge and I got the shock that "oh yeah she's not with us anymore".. queue bride panic attack. Anyways I worked with Scott to get my details straightened out and have my food tasting. The food Norton Serves is fantastic!! and at my wedding everyone loved it. Scott did work with me on my tables and decorations because I wanted to bring in certain things rather than have the venue use their table decorations- so they do try to accommodate. I will say that the reason I'm not giving this venue a big ol' 5 stars is because on my wedding day, the day of coordinator that met me when I arrived kinda disappeared once my cocktail hour was over. She was very nice (my guests arrived a little early and she had them wait in the downstairs lounge until cocktail hour was ready) and she helped me get settled after pictures and while I mingled with some guests during cocktails she made sure to save me some of my hor d'eurves. But when I had issues with the dinner service later that night I couldn't find her at all. The problems I had where with having the wait staff refill drinks and be attentive to the guests. I actually had to go get a girl clearing plates and say "hey the head table hasn't had any water refilled since we first sat down and we're all really thirsty." The girl was very nice about it and did refill our tables water but first off- the bride shouldn't have to ask to have water refilled- and after the wedding I spoke with other guests who said they never got anymore water and many of my guests were never given coffee or tea either! My mother actually told me that she had gone into the kitchen and found the wait staff joking around and not doing anything and she had to say that her table hadn't gotten any coffee could someone please come around the tables with some and only one waitress came out with a coffee pot and only to her table. Also the wait staff was clearing away my tables at the end of the night while my guests were still there! I could have understood clearing away dishes because it's the last hour of the night and guests are thinning out- but packing up chairs and tables? Come on! I paid for an extra hour- so my reception went until 11pm. Yeah I get that it's late and the staff were tried, but that doesn't make it ok to clear away chairs and start stacking them up in the room when I'm still dancing and chatting to my guests. Overall I can say that yes norton country club is very beautiful and I the food is wonderful, and the price is amazing. But beware of the little things!! they make a difference.

Amazing

Reviewed on 5/19/2013 samantha p

Everything was so much nicer then I expected. Everything was stunning, gorgeous. The staff was very friendly, professional, and helpful. The food was delishious. We get the sweet serenity package which made planning much easier.

Amazing and well priced

Reviewed on 9/03/2012 KIMBERLY L

For a Saturday night summer wedding with eighty guests and a sit down dinner, the prices at this venue were amazing! The wait staff were attentive and the management staff were exceptional and very well organized. The ballroom was beautiful and overlooked a pristine golf... Read More course, so the views were very pretty. There is a lovely spot for an outdoor wedding, but of course it poured the night of our wedding. No worries, the staff quickly rearranged an indoor ceremony. The food was great too! We did the non-package food option, which worked for us because I made a lot of the decorations myself and I shopped frugally for all my vendors myself. I had plenty of time to plan. However, they have a complete package option with ALL of the vendors included in one price for people that want someone else to do all the planning for them. I just can't believe the great deal we got for this venue!

Made my dream wedding possible!

Reviewed on 8/22/2012 sarah c

We had planned a wedding in another state unfortunately it fell through two months before our wedding day. My sister and I did some research and found a place available on the same day and time. We worked with Darlene she made everything perfect and easy for us through our panic... Read More time. She was so much help had so many recommendations for us. The wedding ceremony was gorgeous w the sun setting perfectly. Picures are gorgeous! Everyone loved the food!!! Anytime we neede something they were on top of it. I can't say thank you enough to Darlene and her staff for helping me have such a special in such little time!!! Thank you Darlene!

Norton Country Club Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 7/16/2012 Jessica B

I can't say enough about the NCC. To begin with their package was AMAZING; it included the DJ, 3-tiered wedding cake, photographer, table centerpieces, and a phenomenal event manager to help me along the way. Darlene was helpful with everything that I wanted/needed, and was... Read More always quick to email me back. The food was WONDERFUL- we're still getting compliments a month after. Everything went perfectly, and it all at a great price!

Great place!

Reviewed on 12/03/2011 Carolina S

NCC was great. Darlene, our contcat person, along with the food tasting, food at the wedding, and everything else was great. Darlene was very professional, and easy and fun to work with. She got back to my many emails in a timely manner which I apporeciated since I hate making... Read More phone calls. The venue itself I loved because it was small but spacious. I wanted a cozy feeling and NCC was exactly what I was looking for. The prices are also unbeatable. From the day we went to visit the venue until the last minute of the wedding, it was all amazing working with NCC and their staff. I highly recommend to anyone and everyone. My mom's 60th birthday will be up in a few years, I hope to be able to work with NCC again at that time.

Great in theory but a lot went wrong!!

Reviewed on 8/09/2011 Michelle P

We booked the Norton Country Club in March of 2010 for our wedding on July 23 2011 we were told that on the wedding day food and desert would come out quickly. We had a 530 ceremony contail hour from 6-7 and we starting eating at 715. at 9 we were STILL waiting for dinner. My... Read More chocolate fountain was supposed to come with fruit and cookies and and other treats. We had fruit and marshmellows. The AC was broken and it was hot but that doesn't matter I was just upset that we didn't get everything we paid for but looking back my day was perfect!

Norton Country Club - reception

Reviewed on 6/29/2010

Beautiful place to have a reception! A little difficult taking pictures on the green due to the golfers...and my head table seating chart was changed...but other than that, it was wonderful! Jeff, the manager, was very accommodating!

Review for Norton Country Club

Reviewed on 9/03/2008 Jennifer P

We loved that only one wedding took place at a time. the set up of the room worked well for the number of guests we had. It was very private.;The general manager was a bit of a pain to work with. He didn't seem to understand the needs of a bride.