Sweet Surrender Dessert Café

Louisville, KY

Make Your Day Delicious!

Sweet Surrender Dessert Café is renowned for its decadent desserts and wedding cakes. We believe that taste is just as important as the appearance of your wedding cake. And we’ve won nine Best of Louisville Awards for our efforts! Schedule a complimentary tasting today!

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Kosher, Sugar Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

1804 Frankfort Ave, Louisville, KY

Beautiful and delicious!

Reviewed on 6/05/2012 Shellee L

Sweet Surrender did an amazing job with our wedding cake! Not only was it beautiful, it was delicious too! We had such a great experience meeting with the owner, Jessica. It always smells so yummy in her shop! We weren't sure what we wanted for a cake design, but she had lots of... Read More photos of wedding cakes to browse through. We were able to pin down exactly what we wanted at our initial meeting! On our wedding day, the cake looked stunning, and it was exactly what we wanted. They also make you a new cake on your first anniversary (no more eating year-old cake!). We are so looking forward to getting our anniversary cake next May!

Amazing wedding cake

Reviewed on 10/10/2012 Megan H

Sweet Surrender is awesome! They make a delicious, beautiful cake at a great price! They will meet with you and work with you to build your dream cake! I must of changed the idea of mine 4 or 5 times that day but with their help they will produce your dream wedding cake! They... Read More offer a tasting for you so you know the flavor you have in mind is exactly what you want. At the tasting they also show you hundreds of cakes they have made, so you can actually see their talent and hard work. Also, you can have each layer a different flavor for no additional charge! My cake was carrot cake on top, then double chocolate, then strawberry and then carmel pound. It was the best cake I've ever tasted, and my wedding guest agreed. It was almost completely gone by the end of the night. They will also make a cake for you for your 1 year anniversary if you buy your wedding cake from them, that's a nice plus! The quality of my cake was flawless and I was proud to let every one know where it was from! Sweet Surrender is definitely 100% recommended!

Reviewed on 9/27/2012 Elizabeth G

Sweet Surrender made my wedding cake and groom's cake. At the tasting, Jessica brought out a selection of their cakes based on what I said that I liked and some really surprised me. I never would have considered pistachio cake, but it was delicious! She helped me stay within my... Read More budget and didn't try to push a bigger cake than I needed. The final product was beautiful and so tasty! I called the week before the wedding to ask about a groom's cake and they were happy to accommodate my last minute request. They made a Washington Nationals cake and even though I didn't get a bite - I heard it was very good. I highly recommend them!

Best Cake in Louisville

Reviewed on 8/17/2015 Stephanie M

My husband and I tried a lot of cake when we were deciding which one to go with. While most were good, Sweet Surrender's cake was so far above and beyond in taste, texture, and variety of flavors that we couldn't stop talking about it. We ended up choosing the caramel pound cake... Read More and chocolate with kahlua buttercream for our tiered cake. The groom's cake looked like a tuxedo and was chocolate with chocolate. We ended up having quite a bit leftover and didn't mind eating for a few more weeks! Sweet Surrender also makes a fresh cake for your one year anniversary so you don't have to freeze your top layer for a year. SS is a little more expensive than the others we tried but it's so much more delicious that it's absolutely worth the higher price.

Excellent cake and pies for my wedding!

Reviewed on 8/05/2014 Chelsea P

Sweet Surrender did a great job on my wedding cake and pies. Jessica put together a lovely tasting for us so that we could figure out exactly what we wanted. We knew the design we wanted, so I can't speak to her suggestions on design, but I'm sure they are wonderful as well.... Read More Originally, we were going to get pies for our wedding from another shop, but when we went in for our cake tasting Jessica convinced us that her mini pies were the way to go. We were not disappointed! All of our guests commented on how beautiful and delicious both the wedding cake and pies were. The only complaint I have (the reason for the 4 star review) was that Jessica was not very responsive to my emails. Other than that, everything was great!

Most delicious cake in all of Louisville

Reviewed on 7/22/2014 Carly S

This is the best cake in the entire city of Louisville. I could not stop thinking about it after we tasted it for the first time. Even my fiance said it was worth the extra money. While the cake is more expensive, it is worth it. We had so many compliments on the cake and they... Read More will re-bake your top layer for your one year anniversary - no stale, gross, frozen cake (although I doubt this cake would ever taste bad). We did have a slight delivery problem but at the end of the day we had a beautiful delicious cake!

Reviewed on 5/22/2014 Lauren F

Every dessert they make is so delicious! I received so many compliments from our guests! Delightful to work with!

Best Wedding Cake I have ever had

Reviewed on 4/24/2014 Rachel P

The result is well worth the price. I went to this bakery in Louisville for my birthday last year, and I thought that their cakes were the best I had ever eaten. When I got engaged one month later, I knew who I wanted to make my wedding cakes. They were great to work with and... Read More took the time to sit down with me to figure out what I wanted. Those cakes were fantastic! Also, they include a free small cake on your one year anniversary.

Sweet Tooth

Reviewed on 11/07/2013 Porchusa J

Loved this vendor. The cake was amazing. All natural ingredients, beautiful cake, and amazing service. Plus you don't have to save the top layer for your anniversary, the vendor makes you a fresh top layer for you anniversary.

Amazing cakes

Reviewed on 9/24/2013 Liz P

We chose Sweet Surrender because of their amazing desserts. Their wedding cakes didn't disappoint! We had a 3 tiered cake with 3 different flavors and they all tasted great. The cake looked exactly like I'd pictured and I received lots of compliments. They prefer to use... Read More buttercream, and I didn't want fondant, but did want the crisp clean look of it. They were able to deliver and unless you looked closely, it didn't look like buttercream! The groom's cake was absolutely amazing and people couldn't get over how great it looked. The staff was very helpful through the process and produced a wonderful product. I highly recommend them not just for a wedding, but for dessert any old night!

Great cake

Reviewed on 9/05/2013 Bethany S

Our cake was beautiful and tasted great, but i did feel the price was a little high compared to many other in Louisville. Jessica was great to work with!

Great service, yummy cake

Reviewed on 7/28/2013 Maisah E

The title is to the point

Delicious & Beautiful!

Reviewed on 7/16/2013 Heidi H

The staff at Sweet Surrender Dessert Cafe were just that..."SWEET!" The cake they did for my wedding was not only exactly what I asked for but the most delicious piece of heaven! I am still getting complements three weeks later about how amazing our cake was. My husband is... Read More one of them and can't until our anniversary, just so he can have more cake!

Vegan cake was to die for!

Reviewed on 7/02/2013 Paige P

My cake was entirely vegan and we decided not to tell the guests that because we knew they wouldn't want to try it (well some of the closed minded ones). We had people messaging us days after the wedding asking who made the cake because they had never had anything that... Read More delicious. The flavors I had were strawberry with strawberry filling, chocolate, banana with chocolate filling, lemon with raspberry filling and coconut. Absolutely to die for!

Amazing wedding cake

Reviewed on 6/25/2013 Jessica R

Sweet Surrender did an amazing job on our wedding cake. I can not tell you how many people are still talking about the cake. The owner is wonderful to work with and assisted on the delivery of the cake. I wasn't exactly sure what I was wanting but when we sat down and browsed... Read More through the pictures I knew exactly what I was looking for. I would highly recommend Sweet Surrender to anyone.

Reviewed on 5/15/2013 Lisa L

The cake we tasted was not the cake we got on our wedding day. Highly disappointed. Very dry. Tasted life it was several days old. Was not worth the money at all. Could have spent half the money elsewhere and got a better tasting cake. The cake was very pretty though.... Read More They do good work with design and clean lines on the cake.

Beautiful Cake but super dry

Reviewed on 4/18/2013 April N

My cake was lovely! Exactly how I imagined it would look. Unfortunately, the cake was so dry. I heard complaints from my guests and most pieces went uneaten. Our samples at the tasting were moist and delicious. Our wedding day cake was dry and terrible. I did get a partial... Read More refund from the manager.

Exactly What We Wanted

Reviewed on 12/01/2012 Robyn S

Our wedding cake was simply amazing. First, Jessica took a lot of time to help my fiance and I choose designs. She had a large portfolio of sample designs, and she wanted us to draw from any elements -- or even invent our own -- to create the perfect cake for us. Jessica... Read More never made us feel as though our choices were bad, even the off-beat ones. This means a lot to me because I had one vendor who repeatedly began sentences with, "Well, it's your wedding, but ... " In contrast, Jessica took the approach that if we could dream it, Sweet Surrender could build it. We sketched out a very ambitious cake -- well, I thought it was ambitious. Jessica didn't bat an eye. Then came the best part -- the flavor selection. Jessica told us we could select multiple flavors for the layers. We chose Oreo (a chocolate and cookie concoction that I can only describe as a feeling like being in love), caramel pound cake (purer, but rich), and bourbon carrot cake. We had toyed with the idea of ordering a second dessert from the caterer so that folks who didn't like our cake flavor would have choices. Sweet Surrender had it covered, though. Multiple desserts in one cake! The cake was a major success. The wedding was at the Palace, and the venue folks provided red velvet ropes so that we could feature the cake in the Faces Lobby without putting it in danger. It held up and was fantastically beautiful. And the taste ... My guests were extremely pleased. I've gotten a lot of compliments on the wedding, and many of those have been for the cake. I would pick this vendor -- and this cake -- again. It's also worth noting that customization was never a problem, and that the staff was prompt, responsive, and professional. You would want to begin your discussions about Sweet Surrender cakes several months out, as the word is out about these cakes and they book up. Still, I've heard that they also try to accommodate late planners if possible. It would be worth the call to find out.

Reviewed on 10/25/2012 Morgan S

We were extremely happy with our cake. VERY expensive, but we heard lots or rants and raves. The only reason I wouldn't give them 5 stars was due to delivery. At our consiltation they asked about flowes, cake toppers ect and said they would probably deliver after the florist... Read More so they would decorate the cake. However, they dropped the cake and ran out the door.

Reviewed on 10/23/2012 Mason P

We actually had Debbie, the former owner and founder of Sweet Surrender do our Wedding Cake and it was beautifully done. Quite elegant, yet simple, and super delicious. Had many-a-people tell me that it was the best cake they had ever had before. It was hard to get a hold of her... Read More sometimes, but that is really the only criticism we have towards sweet sweet Debbie.

Delicious cake!

Reviewed on 10/21/2012 Jen D

The cake was delicious and looked great. My only complaint was the owner (the only person able to deal with wedding cake orders), was difficult to get in touch with. I'd send an email with a question and frequently didn't hear back without at least one follow up email or phone... Read More call. That said, she was very nice and ultimately to me what counted was the cake looked and tasted great, which it did.

Tasty an beautiful

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Marla L

Sweet surrender is AMAZING! Our cake was beautifully executed and so so tasty! We had a 4 tiered cake with 3 different flavors - chocolate peanut butter, burbon chocolate caramel, and carrot cake ( we didn't have any carrot cake left over!) plus an extra cake in the back. I you... Read More choose sweet surrender you will NOT be disappointed.

Reviewed on 6/26/2012 Michele G

So we paid a little more than expected, but it was WORTH IT! They don't use fondant (unless you really want it), they use buttercream icing (which is delicious yet still gorgeous). I loved it because this cake was incredibly delicious. I was sad that I didn't get to eat... Read More more! They also will send you a free one year anniversary cake :D that way you still eat your cake on your anniversary but it actually tastes good!

Want something different? This is your place!

Reviewed on 5/03/2012 Vanessa H

Sweet Surrender hands down offers the most variety in wedding cake flavors that are actually delicious! They even have a neopolitain cake with three flavors in one slice!! This bakery is very expensive compared to others but the quality is definately so much better! My cake was... Read More out of my budget but I called back and the decorator was more than willing to meet again and work something out within my budget, so don't let the price deter you!

The Best Cake

Reviewed on 4/22/2012 Kelly H

The best tasting cake ever. The dark belgian chocolate with raspberry filling is to die for. All of my wedding guests loved it. They also have the best customer service and allow you to sample several flavors of cake.

TO Sweet Surrender Dessert Café