joy. beauty. fun. magic

I love making images that will tell the story of your wedding day. I'll look forward to meeting you, getting to know what you love and what is important to you, and learning what you hope your wedding images will convey. Please check out our website for more details at www.jeffwoodwardphotography.com.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Serving VT and NH, Brattleboro, VT Serving VT and NH (802) 579-1854
PINTEREST

Truly the greatest Photographers!

Reviewed on 9/16/2015 Hayley A

Jeff and Leslie are truly are an incomparable team and the best people to share your wonderful day with! After attending and seeing the photos from over 15 weddings before my own I knew exactly what I wanted and didn't want. My husband and I both shared our views with Jeff and... Read More BOY did he deliver! From getting ready with my Mum and sister to crazy dancing at midnight Jeff and Leslie were there through it all to capture the greatest images. Jeff frames the perfect photo and Leslie is there to make sure your hair is in place and it looks good! The photos they captured, especially the posed ones, look so genuine and natural and that was exactly what we were going for. They were SO easy to communicate with and their techniques were so unobtrusive that when we saw some of the intimate shots we both said "OH MY GOSH HOW DID THEY GET THAT!?" I'm so excited to make prints for my families and to have these beautiful images hang in our home. It was the best day of our lives and I'm so grateful Jeff and Leslie were their to capture the images so that we can always remember the magic of the day. Honestly, the best wedding photographers you could ever want!

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Rachel G

Jeff was so great to work with! He did our engagement photos as well as our wedding photos, and for both he had such a great, positive attitude. Jeff enjoys more whimsical photos as opposed to extremely formal photos and it made for some really amazing pictures. The candids were... Read More also incredible. He put us as well as our family and friends at ease and everyone could immediately tell that he was just such a professional. He was almost invisible during the entire event aside from the formals which made all of the photos come out very natural. Our photos came out great and I honestly just wish that there were even more of them to look at. Leslie designed our thank you cards as well as our save the dates, and both came out fantastic. Jeff also put together a slide show of our photos to music and made us cry all over again! We can't wait to see our album!

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Megan K

When I first met Jeff, he showed me an album full of candid shots and I knew that he was the photographer for me. I didn't want to spend a ton of time posing for photos on my wedding day and I wanted to make sure that he was going to be able to blend into the crowd and document... Read More my day from an outside perspective and I felt like Jeff understood that. Jeff was so professional and quiet that my guests didn’t know he was there, which resulted in genuine pictures of my friends and family in action. I am so unbelievably happy with Jeff and Les's work. As a bonus, I love that they gave me full printing rights to all of our photos and they also put together a special slideshow for us to share with our friends and family. I do not think that 5 stars is enough for this duo. HIGHLY recommended.

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Katie B

If you are looking for the best photographer in the VT/NH area look no further--I could go on and on but all you have to do is check out their website for a preview of their photography. Jeff and Leslie did an outstanding job at our wedding. You both helped capture the most... Read More amazing day of our lives. With so much gratitude- Ray and Katie http://www.jeffwoodwardphotography.com/

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Elise P

Jeff was such a pleasure to work with. He was so kind, professional, and extremely talented! He took both our engagement and wedding pictures, and although both my husband and I were originally apprehensive about taking so many pictures, we actually had such a fun time doing so,... Read More and the pictures turned out incredibly. So many of our guests have commented so positively on the amazing pictures from our wedding day, and we will definitely treasure them forever. Thank you Jeff!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Shannon G

Jeff was absolutely amazing to work with. Super friendly and easy going right from the get go. Definitely helped capture the moments we wanted and all the fun of the wedding. Absolutely love the pictures he was able to get and would highly recommend working with him!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Hannah C

Where to begin? Jeff and Leslie are absolutely amazing. Not only are they extremely talented photographers, but they are really great people. Jeff's work is artistic, creative, and really just stunning. Thanks Jeff and Leslie for capturing our big day!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Katherine P

Jeff Woodward is a phenomenal photographer. His professionalism and ability to communicate consistently in a clear, detailed, and friendly fashion is spot on. Beyond this, his ability to blend in a room and therefore capture beautiful, magical, and unseen moments is just such a... Read More gift. The quality of the images he captured from my rehearsal dinner and wedding are stunning and my husband and I will treasure them forever. I think the most important aspect of Jeff is that not only is he a great artist, but he loves people - especially at weddings. One can see this in his photographs because people are just so comfortable around him that he can truly capture the moment and people's faces like no one I have seen. We are grateful to him, and to his partner Leslie who can edit a photo in such a way that subtly enhances what is already happening. Leslie just makes everything better and loves those quirky moments. Wow. What a team! They were also super fun to get to know throughout the process. I never write reviews and yet I can't help myself - I could not more highly recommend Woodward Photography. Talk about getting photos even better than what I imagined... yes, they delivered that.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 nitzah g

Jeff was everything we could have asked for in a photographer. He was responsive to initial emails, respectful of our plans / vision for the day, and is one of the most courteous and friendly people to work with among the hectic-ness of the wedding weekend. He was able to... Read More capture both staged photos and candid photos that we were hoping to get, and did so in a non-obtrusive manner that is hard for photographers to balance. On top of that - he provided our album to us, with many edited photos, super quickly after the wedding. We would recommend Jeff without hesitation to any friends or family looking for a photographer.

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Juline H

Jeff was the photographer for my August wedding at the Mountain Top Inn. Unfortunately, it started to rain after my ceremony, which canceled my plans to take additional pictures outside. Jeff suggested taking pictures in the horse barn because the light was good there. I was... Read More skeptical at first but I couldn't believe how amazing the photos turned out and the horse barn pictures were my favorite from the day. Jeff knows how to get just the right shot without being obtrusive. All the candid photos really captured the essence of the wedding. I highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Emily M

Jeff and Leslie were a seamless team. They captured moments of our wedding that we will never forget. They artfully created cameo portraits of our guests, catching hidden moments and genuine emotions. Our formals and engagement shots were a breeze as they helped bring out the... Read More best in our families. We were so happy to have them at our wedding and would recommend them to any couple looking for a personalized approach to you special day.

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Cheri M

As most know, when you shop for photographers, you call, Skype, meet.. We had the pleasure of meeting Jeff in person. We met, chatted the proverbial breeze and knew we wanted them to be with us on our big day. A good friend said, make sure you LIKE the photographer, they're... Read More going to be with you all day on your wedding - and we loved Jeff and Leslie.. Hearing how they started and why they do what they do only gave us more incentive to hire them! Jeff and Leslie were absolutely amazing wedding photographers. Our venue knew Jeff and Leslie and were excited they were doing our wedding. Our friends and family loved them also! They were polite, professional, friendly, excited for us and the results were absolutely amazing. We couldn't be happier :) Anyone who hires them will not be disappointed! Cheers!

Reviewed on 9/22/2016

Our wedding was at Dog Chapel in St. Johnsbury, Vermont and included as attendants and guests were 7 well-behaved dogs. Jeff made certain to showcase our beloved pets as much as the people. He took some fantastic angles to show the wedding from a four-legged creature's point... Read More of view. The Chapel was small and the lighting was challenging, but Jeff 's photo's reflected the humor and love that surrounded us that afternoon. We were thrilled with his photography! This was a small and somewhat casual wedding and Jeff captured the love and happiness that we all shared that day! Woof! We would highly recommend Woodward Photography for any type of event!

Reviewed on 9/17/2016 Lindsey S

I can't say enough how much my husband and I loved working with Jeff and Les. From the minute Jeff replied to my e-mail I knew he was the photographer for us. He's extremely prompt (he was the most responsive vendor we worked with) and even set up a Skype session with us to... Read More discuss the details of our day since we didn't live locally. I was a bride who wanted a lot of candid shots - I'm not very into the formals, however, we did a mixture of both on our wedding day and WOW. I knew we'd be happy with the photos but we love every single photo we received, we were truly blown away. I still look at them all almost every day. Not only did Jeff and Les deliver us amazing photographs that captured our day in it's entirety - they were wonderful people to work with. We really didn't know what we wanted in terms of photographs besides candids, and they helped guide us through the day effortlessly. They were inviting, warm, made us feel comfortable, and had awesome photo ideas. We're so happy we got to work with them, and I'm already trying to find reasons to work with them again!

Reviewed on 8/23/2016

After looking through endless websites for elite New York wedding photographers who used harsh lighting, high contrast, and fashion magazine compositions, my future husband Al and I finally found Jeff’s work online. His photos were the only ones we found that are actually... Read More beautiful and naturalistic. We contacted Jeff from our home in Scotland, and he made this very easy. When you commission Jeff Woodward, what you get is a person who is not only a respectful, professional, and consummate craftsman, but someone whose delightfully peaceful and calm presence takes the stress out of a day that is prey to countless complexities. His creativity and imagination is such that that he will astonish you with what he portrays. We will always want to know him not only as the person who gave us our exquisite wedding album, but as someone whom we have come to think of as a friend. If we were to describe Jeff’s qualities as a photographer, it is his ability candidly to capture and document moments of sheer joy that would otherwise never be known, his complete and untiring dedication to the occasion for many hours, and his serenity and poise that somehow allows you to feel relaxed while being at the centre of attention. We hired Jeff to come to New York City and photograph our wedding at 3pm in Saint Thomas Church Fifth Avenue, and then the reception and dinner at my aunt and uncle’s apartment in the Upper East Side of Manhattan. He was at the church an hour early so we could have time to take pictures in the New York cityscape, and before the ceremony he took elegant images of us outside and inside the church. Jeff even took the initiative of contacting the Museum of Modern Art to see if we could have photos taken there. He also scoped out locations near the church for photographs, though we didn’t have to ask him to, and he just found the most perfect places. Jeff was extremely warm and easy to work with, and very responsive. He managed us gently and we trusted him to organize what photos ought to be taken when and where – his judgment was superb. We never had to ask him to do anything. He also made our day go so smoothly – we felt much more at ease just having him around. And while we knew, based on what we’d seen of his work online, that he would give us beautiful photographs, we were amazed and delighted with what we actually received from him. One of our most precious memories is when he took us out at 8pm for shots in the setting sun, just the three of us. He is the only photographer we would recommend, unreservedly. Our family was so impressed by his professionalism, charm, and artistic talent that we will definitely hire him for future events. Thank you so much, Jeff!

Reviewed on 8/21/2016

Jeff is caring, invested, and kind - which, when you add to the excellence of his photography, are such wonderful qualities in someone who will be such an important part of your wedding. Jeff photographed my sister's wedding in 2013 and we were thrilled that he was available to... Read More photograph my wedding in 2016. He scheduled a preliminary meeting to get on the same page about what we were looking for, was always available quickly via email, and delivered exactly what we had discussed - which was different from my sister's wedding, so I can vouch for his photographic flexibility firsthand! I tear up every time I look at our photos. Jeff captured the most incredible moments and did so beautifully. He also accommodated a hefty schedule of family portraits that needed taking, making all our guests so happy! I cannot recommend Jeff highly enough!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Beth S

True artist. Kind, professional, and loves the art of photography. Will capture all the special moments of your big day with the true passion and love felt in that very moment.

Absolutely wonderful!

Reviewed on 12/06/2015 Emily G

We absolutely loved working with Jeff! From the first, he was very responsive and incredibly pleasant. We had a couple of introductory calls to establish what we were looking for - each was very helpful and made us more confident working with him. Jeff photographed both our... Read More welcome event as well as our wedding, and the pictures from each are stunning. We had specifically wanted candids to capture the feeling of the parties, as well as food photos, and he did an amazing job with those, as well as with our portraits. We felt (and many members of our families also commented) how great he was - very low key, not obtrusive, and really seemed to be having a good time with us. His personality was perfect for us. We loved his manner and could not recommend more highly.

Delightful

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Amy R

Jeff was a delight to work with. My husband and I where looking for someone who would help us come up with some creative ideas to express our personalities and not get deterred by us. We had our engagement shoot in a cemetery which was so much fun and had some fun wedding... Read More photos done after our casual Vermont ceremony. He made us feel very comfortable and you could tell he was also enjoying the process :) Everything was completed on time so there was no waiting game as some horror stories you hear. We had so much fun with him! I would highly recommend him !

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Chantelle C

We had Jeff photograph our September wedding and the pictures came out amazing! The pictures, from the formal shots to the candids, were beautiful. The backgrounds and the little moments he captured were perfect. He also was so patient with my large wedding party, which included... Read More a lot of children. He also was very prompt in sending us the photos. We had all the digital prints in a little after 2 weeks! We can't wait to see the final album!!!

Awesome Wedding Photography!

Reviewed on 10/01/2015 Sarah H

We loved working with Jeff! He has an incredible talent for capturing just the right moments of your special day. My husband and I just love our wedding photos - from the shots of us getting ready to all of our guests busting moves on the dance floor. If you are looking for an... Read More unobtrusive, creative, and fun wedding photographer look no further than Jeff.

Picture Perfect

Reviewed on 9/29/2015

Jeff and Leslie captured my wedding day in the most beautiful and poignant way. The shots they got were moments in time that I would never been able to experience otherwise. The expressions on our loved ones faces, the dream-like lighting that hit the room, and the details of... Read More our day, that in time, would fade from memory. The added bonus, that is completely priceless, is the way in which they both work. They made everyone feel comfortable. I didn't even notice them taking pictures because they move in an unobtrusive way. And they are just plain fun to be with. Every interaction with them leading up to the wedding and the wedding day was time spent with friends. What a gift that is during a stressful time. Thank you Woodward Photography for the memories created and captured.

Just what we wanted.

Reviewed on 9/21/2015

Jeff and his assistant Kayla were phenomenal throughout our wedding experience. I felt at ease with them the entire time. We did our formal photos before the event, and once the event began, I was barely aware that they were still around because it just felt like they belonged... Read More there. The photos they took were exactly what we wanted. Everything we discussed was delivered. We couldn't be happier with the outcome. I heavily recommend using them for any event.

Thank you SO much, Jeff and Leslie!

Reviewed on 9/19/2015

Jeff and Leslie photographed our wedding in July 2015. We could not have been happier with our choice to go with them. From the first time I talked to Jeff on the phone, I knew that he and I would click. When my husband and I met him before our wedding, it only confirmed my... Read More prior thoughts. Jeff was laid back, funny, and obviously passionate about what he does. The day of our wedding was absolutely perfect in so many ways. Jeff and Leslie were laid back, but still professional, very flexible to work with, and most of all, seemed to be having fun while taking the pictures! After the fact, we are SO happy with the images they captured. We feel like we truly do have all of the details of our perfect day recorded. I can't wait until my next life event so that I can book them again!

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 9/19/2015 Jenna G

When we first met Jeff he told us that he really loves the adrenaline rush he gets while photographing a wedding, from capturing the feeling of the day and not missing any important moment. It is so evident that he is passionate about what he does, and we could not be more... Read More pleased with the results. We were both a little nervous about having our photos taken and how strange it would be to have someone following us with a camera, which is why we decided to take some engagement photos to get comfortable with the idea. Jeff was so nice and put us at ease so that we were able to just be ourselves, and take some wonderful pictures. On our wedding day, aside from the few times where we did set up shots I really didn't even know he was there! He did such an incredible job of capturing so many beautiful candid moments between family and friends without intruding on the moment. Everyone was able to let go and enjoy themselves, and now we have the photos to remember it!

Jeff

Woodward Photography is an award-winning studio based in southern Vermont. Jeff’s background and training in fine art photography informs all his work, while Leslie’s quirky images emerge from her graphic design background. Jeff and Leslie are passionate about each other, beautiful images, Vermont, good friends, good food, and great wine. They live in a restored 1790s farmhouse on a dead-end dirt road in southern Vermont with their dogs, cat, and Araucana chickens. The ones that lay the green and blue eggs.