joy. beauty. fun. magic

I love making images that will tell the story of your wedding day. I'll look forward to meeting you, getting to know what you love and what is important to you, and learning what you hope your wedding images will convey. Please check out our website for more details at www.jeffwoodwardphotography.com.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Serving VT and NH, Brattleboro, VT Serving VT and NH (802) 579-1854
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Suz H

We clicked with Jeff the very first time we spoke to him! Going with him and Leslie as our wedding photographers was the best decision we could have made. They captured all of the most magical moments of our wedding day from the first look to the ceremony and our first dance!... Read More It was so easy to work with both of them. They were professional, calming, responsive, efficient, and fun! We wanted to make sure to capture the formals but more importantly to capture the candids from the day - so that we could remember all of the moments. And wow did Jeff and Leslie succeed! Even our guests complimented on how wonderful Jeff and Leslie were. We didn't even know that they were capturing all of the photos they did. Our wedding was a little unique (top of a mountain and we wanted to include our dog in some of the pictures). Jeff clearly did his research ahead of time and had a great plan. Also, getting good pictures of an active border collie could be tough, but for Jeff and Leslie, they nailed it! We can't say enough great things about Jeff and Leslie. If you are looking for a wedding photographer, don't look any further then Woodward Photography. They made our day special and they will make yours too!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Alli S

I seriously cannot sum up into words how thrilled we were that Jeff and Leslie were our photographers for our wedding day. From the first conversation I had with Jeff I knew they were it. They are such a laid back, down to earth couple who made us feel at ease all day long. I... Read More felt like I was just hanging out with two people I had known forever. They were also able to capture our day exactly how we wanted it to be captured. They took the time to get to know us and focus their photos on what was important to us. If you are getting married and looking for a photographer, look no further. These two are simply the best!!!

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Evan M

Jeff and Leslie were exactly what we were hoping for in our photographers! They were responsive, thoughtful, professional, flexible, creative, and talented. The formals part of the wedding went quickly and smoothly, and after that both of them blended in perfectly, catching... Read More beautiful moments of family and friends! Jeff took the time before the wedding to know what we were hoping for stylistically and in terms of the photos we'd hoped to see. Jeff and Leslie captured the fun and love of our wedding day so beautifully. They sent us a beautiful set of photos that we can't stop looking at! We can't recommend them enough!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Tim W

Jeff is a talented photographer with a great eye... and he also has a keen understanding of the stresses that a wedding day can produce! So he comes packs ideas and inspiration in those bags of his next to his cameras, and you can rest assured that he will give you lovely images... Read More that capture your magical day that just flies right by you otherwise! You'll find Jeff reassuring and calming, not pushy and demanding, and his knack for candids is spot on. Then Leslie does a terrific job with the finishing touches - what a team! Highly recommended by my wife Erin and I.

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Cathryn M

Jeff and Leslie made our day go so smoothly. They did a fantastic job and were very accommodating every step of the way. They made us feel very comfortable (never having taken professional photos before), were super friendly, and we LOVE the pictures they took of our wedding and... Read More reception. They captured everything we hoped they would, and went above and beyond!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Kim K

Jeff was an absolute pleasure to work with, and I could not be more happy with the photographs from our May wedding day! He has a very kind and calm energy, which was helpful as I was feeling some nerves before the ceremony. He was very understanding of my husband who is not a... Read More fan of having his photo taken, and that was greatly appreciated. He got lots of beautiful shots of details like our centerpieces and my shoes, and he also managed to get a fantastic amount of candid shots of ourselves and our guests. Looking at the photos by Jeff is like re-living this wonderful day all over again. Thanks, Jeff, for helping to make these memories last forever!

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Jaclyn P

I can't say ENOUGH about Jeff and Leslie. They were PERFECT. Throughout the entire day they captured every moment I could have wanted. They were so accommodating, I changed the plans at the last minute and they just rolled with it. On time, very professional, and very fun. They... Read More laughed with us through the entire day and made it that much better. What's more, their skills are unsurpassed. I actually had guests (yes, more than one) commenting that they were surprised how much ground Jeff and Leslie could cover so quickly, and how they were always there to capture a candid moment. I couldn't keep track, but our guests couldn't have been more accurate. We got our pictures back (in a crazy fast time frame :D ) and we have so many great shots of things I barely remembered doing. I cherish my photos so much. I would hire these two again in a second, hands down, no questions asked. Thank you Jeff and Leslie!!!

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Katie B

If you are looking for the best photographer in the VT/NH area look no further--I could go on and on but all you have to do is check out their website for a preview of their photography. Jeff and Leslie did an outstanding job at our wedding. You both helped capture the most... Read More amazing day of our lives. With so much gratitude- Ray and Katie http://www.jeffwoodwardphotography.com/

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Elise P

Jeff was such a pleasure to work with. He was so kind, professional, and extremely talented! He took both our engagement and wedding pictures, and although both my husband and I were originally apprehensive about taking so many pictures, we actually had such a fun time doing so,... Read More and the pictures turned out incredibly. So many of our guests have commented so positively on the amazing pictures from our wedding day, and we will definitely treasure them forever. Thank you Jeff!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Shannon G

Jeff was absolutely amazing to work with. Super friendly and easy going right from the get go. Definitely helped capture the moments we wanted and all the fun of the wedding. Absolutely love the pictures he was able to get and would highly recommend working with him!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Hannah C

Where to begin? Jeff and Leslie are absolutely amazing. Not only are they extremely talented photographers, but they are really great people. Jeff's work is artistic, creative, and really just stunning. Thanks Jeff and Leslie for capturing our big day!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Katherine P

Jeff Woodward is a phenomenal photographer. His professionalism and ability to communicate consistently in a clear, detailed, and friendly fashion is spot on. Beyond this, his ability to blend in a room and therefore capture beautiful, magical, and unseen moments is just such a... Read More gift. The quality of the images he captured from my rehearsal dinner and wedding are stunning and my husband and I will treasure them forever. I think the most important aspect of Jeff is that not only is he a great artist, but he loves people - especially at weddings. One can see this in his photographs because people are just so comfortable around him that he can truly capture the moment and people's faces like no one I have seen. We are grateful to him, and to his partner Leslie who can edit a photo in such a way that subtly enhances what is already happening. Leslie just makes everything better and loves those quirky moments. Wow. What a team! They were also super fun to get to know throughout the process. I never write reviews and yet I can't help myself - I could not more highly recommend Woodward Photography. Talk about getting photos even better than what I imagined... yes, they delivered that.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 nitzah g

Jeff was everything we could have asked for in a photographer. He was responsive to initial emails, respectful of our plans / vision for the day, and is one of the most courteous and friendly people to work with among the hectic-ness of the wedding weekend. He was able to... Read More capture both staged photos and candid photos that we were hoping to get, and did so in a non-obtrusive manner that is hard for photographers to balance. On top of that - he provided our album to us, with many edited photos, super quickly after the wedding. We would recommend Jeff without hesitation to any friends or family looking for a photographer.

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Juline H

Jeff was the photographer for my August wedding at the Mountain Top Inn. Unfortunately, it started to rain after my ceremony, which canceled my plans to take additional pictures outside. Jeff suggested taking pictures in the horse barn because the light was good there. I was... Read More skeptical at first but I couldn't believe how amazing the photos turned out and the horse barn pictures were my favorite from the day. Jeff knows how to get just the right shot without being obtrusive. All the candid photos really captured the essence of the wedding. I highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Emily M

Jeff and Leslie were a seamless team. They captured moments of our wedding that we will never forget. They artfully created cameo portraits of our guests, catching hidden moments and genuine emotions. Our formals and engagement shots were a breeze as they helped bring out the... Read More best in our families. We were so happy to have them at our wedding and would recommend them to any couple looking for a personalized approach to you special day.

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Cheri M

As most know, when you shop for photographers, you call, Skype, meet.. We had the pleasure of meeting Jeff in person. We met, chatted the proverbial breeze and knew we wanted them to be with us on our big day. A good friend said, make sure you LIKE the photographer, they're... Read More going to be with you all day on your wedding - and we loved Jeff and Leslie.. Hearing how they started and why they do what they do only gave us more incentive to hire them! Jeff and Leslie were absolutely amazing wedding photographers. Our venue knew Jeff and Leslie and were excited they were doing our wedding. Our friends and family loved them also! They were polite, professional, friendly, excited for us and the results were absolutely amazing. We couldn't be happier :) Anyone who hires them will not be disappointed! Cheers!

Reviewed on 9/22/2016

Our wedding was at Dog Chapel in St. Johnsbury, Vermont and included as attendants and guests were 7 well-behaved dogs. Jeff made certain to showcase our beloved pets as much as the people. He took some fantastic angles to show the wedding from a four-legged creature's point... Read More of view. The Chapel was small and the lighting was challenging, but Jeff 's photo's reflected the humor and love that surrounded us that afternoon. We were thrilled with his photography! This was a small and somewhat casual wedding and Jeff captured the love and happiness that we all shared that day! Woof! We would highly recommend Woodward Photography for any type of event!

Reviewed on 9/17/2016 Lindsey S

I can't say enough how much my husband and I loved working with Jeff and Les. From the minute Jeff replied to my e-mail I knew he was the photographer for us. He's extremely prompt (he was the most responsive vendor we worked with) and even set up a Skype session with us to... Read More discuss the details of our day since we didn't live locally. I was a bride who wanted a lot of candid shots - I'm not very into the formals, however, we did a mixture of both on our wedding day and WOW. I knew we'd be happy with the photos but we love every single photo we received, we were truly blown away. I still look at them all almost every day. Not only did Jeff and Les deliver us amazing photographs that captured our day in it's entirety - they were wonderful people to work with. We really didn't know what we wanted in terms of photographs besides candids, and they helped guide us through the day effortlessly. They were inviting, warm, made us feel comfortable, and had awesome photo ideas. We're so happy we got to work with them, and I'm already trying to find reasons to work with them again!

Reviewed on 8/23/2016

After looking through endless websites for elite New York wedding photographers who used harsh lighting, high contrast, and fashion magazine compositions, my future husband Al and I finally found Jeff’s work online. His photos were the only ones we found that are actually... Read More beautiful and naturalistic. We contacted Jeff from our home in Scotland, and he made this very easy. When you commission Jeff Woodward, what you get is a person who is not only a respectful, professional, and consummate craftsman, but someone whose delightfully peaceful and calm presence takes the stress out of a day that is prey to countless complexities. His creativity and imagination is such that that he will astonish you with what he portrays. We will always want to know him not only as the person who gave us our exquisite wedding album, but as someone whom we have come to think of as a friend. If we were to describe Jeff’s qualities as a photographer, it is his ability candidly to capture and document moments of sheer joy that would otherwise never be known, his complete and untiring dedication to the occasion for many hours, and his serenity and poise that somehow allows you to feel relaxed while being at the centre of attention. We hired Jeff to come to New York City and photograph our wedding at 3pm in Saint Thomas Church Fifth Avenue, and then the reception and dinner at my aunt and uncle’s apartment in the Upper East Side of Manhattan. He was at the church an hour early so we could have time to take pictures in the New York cityscape, and before the ceremony he took elegant images of us outside and inside the church. Jeff even took the initiative of contacting the Museum of Modern Art to see if we could have photos taken there. He also scoped out locations near the church for photographs, though we didn’t have to ask him to, and he just found the most perfect places. Jeff was extremely warm and easy to work with, and very responsive. He managed us gently and we trusted him to organize what photos ought to be taken when and where – his judgment was superb. We never had to ask him to do anything. He also made our day go so smoothly – we felt much more at ease just having him around. And while we knew, based on what we’d seen of his work online, that he would give us beautiful photographs, we were amazed and delighted with what we actually received from him. One of our most precious memories is when he took us out at 8pm for shots in the setting sun, just the three of us. He is the only photographer we would recommend, unreservedly. Our family was so impressed by his professionalism, charm, and artistic talent that we will definitely hire him for future events. Thank you so much, Jeff!

Reviewed on 8/21/2016

Jeff is caring, invested, and kind - which, when you add to the excellence of his photography, are such wonderful qualities in someone who will be such an important part of your wedding. Jeff photographed my sister's wedding in 2013 and we were thrilled that he was available to... Read More photograph my wedding in 2016. He scheduled a preliminary meeting to get on the same page about what we were looking for, was always available quickly via email, and delivered exactly what we had discussed - which was different from my sister's wedding, so I can vouch for his photographic flexibility firsthand! I tear up every time I look at our photos. Jeff captured the most incredible moments and did so beautifully. He also accommodated a hefty schedule of family portraits that needed taking, making all our guests so happy! I cannot recommend Jeff highly enough!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Beth S

True artist. Kind, professional, and loves the art of photography. Will capture all the special moments of your big day with the true passion and love felt in that very moment.

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Rachel G

Jeff was so great to work with! He did our engagement photos as well as our wedding photos, and for both he had such a great, positive attitude. Jeff enjoys more whimsical photos as opposed to extremely formal photos and it made for some really amazing pictures. The candids were... Read More also incredible. He put us as well as our family and friends at ease and everyone could immediately tell that he was just such a professional. He was almost invisible during the entire event aside from the formals which made all of the photos come out very natural. Our photos came out great and I honestly just wish that there were even more of them to look at. Leslie designed our thank you cards as well as our save the dates, and both came out fantastic. Jeff also put together a slide show of our photos to music and made us cry all over again! We can't wait to see our album!

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Megan K

When I first met Jeff, he showed me an album full of candid shots and I knew that he was the photographer for me. I didn't want to spend a ton of time posing for photos on my wedding day and I wanted to make sure that he was going to be able to blend into the crowd and document... Read More my day from an outside perspective and I felt like Jeff understood that. Jeff was so professional and quiet that my guests didn’t know he was there, which resulted in genuine pictures of my friends and family in action. I am so unbelievably happy with Jeff and Les's work. As a bonus, I love that they gave me full printing rights to all of our photos and they also put together a special slideshow for us to share with our friends and family. I do not think that 5 stars is enough for this duo. HIGHLY recommended.

Absolutely wonderful!

Reviewed on 12/06/2015 Emily G

We absolutely loved working with Jeff! From the first, he was very responsive and incredibly pleasant. We had a couple of introductory calls to establish what we were looking for - each was very helpful and made us more confident working with him. Jeff photographed both our... Read More welcome event as well as our wedding, and the pictures from each are stunning. We had specifically wanted candids to capture the feeling of the parties, as well as food photos, and he did an amazing job with those, as well as with our portraits. We felt (and many members of our families also commented) how great he was - very low key, not obtrusive, and really seemed to be having a good time with us. His personality was perfect for us. We loved his manner and could not recommend more highly.

Delightful

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Amy R

Jeff was a delight to work with. My husband and I where looking for someone who would help us come up with some creative ideas to express our personalities and not get deterred by us. We had our engagement shoot in a cemetery which was so much fun and had some fun wedding... Read More photos done after our casual Vermont ceremony. He made us feel very comfortable and you could tell he was also enjoying the process :) Everything was completed on time so there was no waiting game as some horror stories you hear. We had so much fun with him! I would highly recommend him !

Jeff

Woodward Photography is an award-winning studio based in southern Vermont. Jeff’s background and training in fine art photography informs all his work, while Leslie’s quirky images emerge from her graphic design background. Jeff and Leslie are passionate about each other, beautiful images, Vermont, good friends, good food, and great wine. They live in a restored 1790s farmhouse on a dead-end dirt road in southern Vermont with their dogs, cat, and Araucana chickens. The ones that lay the green and blue eggs.