20 Maid of Honor Toast Quotes From Famous Women
The maid of honor's toast is, well, a girl thing. And while male musings often move us, we think the maid of honor will find enormous inspiration in the words of her sagacious, soul-searching sisters. Below, some toast-appropriate insights and emotions from favorite female writers, philosophers and personalities.
1. "The capacity to love is tied to being able to be awake, to being able to move out of yourself and be with someone else in a manner that is not about your desire to possess them, but to be with them, to be in union and communion." -- bell hooks
3. "It was just enough to sit there without words." -- Louise Erdrich
5. "Love is the sum of our choices, the strength of our commitments, the ties that bind us together." -- Emily Giffin, Love the One You're With
7. "Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk anything, you risk even more." -- Erica Jong
9. "Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get -- only with what you are expecting to give -- which is everything." -- Katherine Hepburn
11. "We are each other's harvest; we are each other's business; we are each other's magnitude and bond." -- Gwendolyn Brooks
13. "What greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined... to strengthen each other... to be at one with each other in silent unspeakable memories." -- George Eliot
15. "The best marriages, like the best lives, were both happy and unhappy. There was even a kind of necessary tension, a certain tautness between the partners that gave the marriage strength, like the tautness of a full sail." -- Anne Morrow Lindbergh, Dearly Beloved
17. "Love is the lifespring of our existence. The more love you give, the happier you feel and the more love you will have within you to give." -- Susan L. Taylor
19. "Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years. That is what makes a marriage last." -- Simone Signoret
Find your dream wedding aesthetic and top vendors by taking our fun Style Quiz.