36 Bible Verses About Marriage and Bible Quotes About Love
Couples who wish to show their devotion to each other and their faith often turn to Bible verses about marriage when planning their nuptials. For couples whose lives are grounded in their faith, planning a wedding is not only about planning for a life together, but it's also about planning for a lifetime of worship and spiritual devotion. A wedding that incorporates Bible verses about love and marriage scriptures not only helps a couple cement their life together, but it also helps them cement their commitment as a couple to their faith. These scriptures on love from the Holy Book serve as spiritual and sentimental reminders of the love that you share as a couple and provide you with a way to honor your religious beliefs while celebrating with friends and family.
Bible verses about marriage give you the opportunity to share your thoughts and emotions in a way that represents who you are, even when other expressions of your sentiments may fall short. There's no better word than the word of God, and incorporating Bible verses about love helps you speak through your faith. There are times when only a carefully chosen piece of scripture will suffice, but finding the right Bible verses about love can feel overwhelming. Now you don't have to peruse the Bible on your own to find the right words.
We've gathered these Bible verses about marriage and love to help you express the joy, gratitude and happiness that you feel toward your significant other while paying tribute to your faith. With these verses about love, you can express your love and commitment for each other and for your beliefs. Here are some of the most treasured Bible verses about love, marriage and relationships that you can incorporate into your wedding day.
Bible Verses About Marriage
The Bible contains numerous references to the sanctity and beauty of marriage. Its poetic love scriptures eloquently sum up what it means to be in love and to commit yourself to your significant other for the rest of your life. These Bible verses about marriage are the ideal addition to your wedding vows, and make beautiful readings to help make your ceremony even more special. For your reception toast, wedding programs or invitations, consider using other Bible verses about love that everyone can relate to. After all, there's a myriad of ways to love one another outside of marriage.
1. Genesis 1:27-28: "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. And God blessed them. And God said to them, 'Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.' "
2. Malachi 2:14-15: "But you say, 'Why does he not?' Because the LORD was witness between you and the wife of your youth, to whom you have been faithless, though she is your companion and your wife by covenant."
3. Isaiah 54:5: "For your Maker is your husband, the LORD of hosts is his name; and the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer, the God of the whole earth he is called."
4. Song of Solomon 8:6-7: "Set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm, for love is strong as death, jealousy is fierce as the grave. Its flashes are flashes of fire, the very flame of the LORD. Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. If a man offered for love all the wealth of his house, he would be utterly despised."
5. Ephesians 4:2-3: "With all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace."
6. Colossians 3:14: "And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity."
7. Ecclesiastes 4:9: "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up. Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone?"
8. Ephesians 5:25: "For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her."
9. Genesis 2:24: "Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh."
10. Ecclesiastes 4:12: "Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."
11. Mark 10:9: "Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate."
12. Ephesians 5:25-33: "Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish. In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church, ..."
The Bible has a lot to say about the bonds of love and devotion.speak of the perfect love that everyone should have toward their friends, family and mankind, not to mention the Lord. However, Bible verses about love also offer a revealing look at the strength and hope that romantic love can provide. It can be difficult to put your feelings for one another into words, but these Bible verses about love seem to capture its essence just right.
13. Romans 13:8: "Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law."
14. 1 Corinthians 13:4-5: "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs."
15. 1 Corinthians 13:2: "If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing."
16. 1 Corinthians 16:14: "Do everything in love."
17. Song of Solomon 8:7: "Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot wash it away. If one were to give all the wealth of his house for love, it would be utterly scorned."
18. Psalm 143:8: "Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life."
19. Proverbs 3:3-4: "Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man."
20. 1 John 4:16: "And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them."
21. Ephesians 4:2: "Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love."
22. 1 Peter 4:8: "Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins."
23. John 15:12: "My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you."
24. 1 Corinthians 13:13: "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."
25. Song of Solomon 4:9: "You have captivated my heart, my sister, my bride; you have captivated my heart with one glance of your eyes, with one jewel of your necklace."
There's no relationship manual that tells you how to overcome obstacles and strengthen the ties you have with your loved ones (but Lasting can help). Thankfully, Bible verses about love serve as excellent guides; these scriptures offer jewels of wisdom that can help you navigate the ups and downs of love, as well as convey your heartfelt thoughts to your future spouse. There are a number of marriage scriptures and Bible verses about love that touch on the subject of relationships that you may want to mention on your wedding day.
26. Hebrews 10:24-25: "And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching."
27. Proverbs 30:18-19: "There are three things that amaze me—no, four things that I don't understand: how an eagle glides through the sky, how a snake slithers on a rock, how a ship navigates the ocean, how a man loves a woman."
28. 1 John 4:12: "No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us."
29. Proverbs 31:10: "Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies."
30. Ruth 1:16-17: "Entreat me not to leave you, Or to turn back from following after you; For wherever you go, I will go; And wherever you lodge, I will lodge; Your people shall be my people, And your God, my God. Where you die, I will die, And there will I be buried. The Lord do so to me, and more also, If anything but death parts you and me."
31. Romans 12:10: "Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves."
32. 1 Peter 4:8: "Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins."
33. Ephesians 5:21: "Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ."
34. Ephesians 4:32: "Be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you."
35. Genesis 2:18–25: "Then the LORD God said, 'It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him.' ... So the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and while he slept took one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh. And the rib that the LORD God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man."
36. 1 Peter 3:7: "In the same way, you husbands must give honor to your wives. Treat your wife with understanding as you live together. She may be weaker than you are, but she is your equal partner in God's gift of new life. Treat her as you should so your prayers will not be hindered."
In addition to these Bible verses about marriage, love and relationships, we have also gathered these Bible love quotes to help you add to your verses about love, with an additional 150 quotes about love. You may want to incorporate these scriptures on love throughout your wedding or on any of your programs, invitations, thank you notes and more.
And for more guidance for your marriage, Lasting is always accessible and dedicated to improving the health of your relationship.