Classic Cakes By Design

Serving Cedar Rapids and Surrounding area

Specializing in Elegant Wedding Cakes

Here at Classic Cakes By Design is where tradition meets elegance. Log on to our website to get a sneak peek of our wide selection of design as well as flavors. Contact us today to set up a free wedding consultation.

Cakes + Desserts

Majestic Ct, Cedar Rapids, IA
Serving Cedar Rapids and Surrounding area

Delicious and resonable

Reviewed on 10/19/2012 Jennifer P

I'm a bit of a cake snob since my mom ran her own cake business when I was younger. The only reason we didn't have her make our cake was that she lives in TX and the wedding was in IA. We must have priced out 15 bakeries and gone to tastings at 6 or 7. Anne at Classic Cakes was... Read More so easy to work with, had amazing flavors and her buttercream is the closest to my mom's. We also were surprised at her reasonable rates! We were able to get a 4 tier cake for the price of a 2 tier everywhere else we'd looked. I was so impressed, that I went back to her without my fiance and got a groom's cake for him. Again-- amazed at the price and quality! He had no idea and it was a great surprise. We had the groom's cake at our rehearsal dinner and it was a hit. We highly recommend any of her flavors, but our favorites (and consequently the ones we had) were: Margarita, Mimosa, Champagne and Raspberry. We WILL be going back to Anne for cakes in the future!

Fantastic Cakes!

Reviewed on 7/23/2013 Sarah D

We couldn't have been happier with our cake. Not only was it a visual centerpiece to the wedding, it was delicious. It was so good we ordered a lot of extra cake because we knew people would definitely want more than a traditional "wedding cake" sized slice. Our layers were... Read More Mimosa, Champagne and Strawberry. Mimosa was my favorite.

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 lisa o

Aanne did an amazing job on my cake. We had a spice round, a champagne round and a chocolate and white sheet cake. Everyone commented on how wondeerful it was. She was very easy to work with. The cake tasting was amazing. It was the best tasting of all my vendors I sampled.

Wedding cake

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Jen M

Ann had so many flavors! She gave us exactly what we asked for!

Classic Cakes by Design

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 andrea d

I loved working with Anne. She is a true professional and so easy to work with. The Cake request was changed by me several times and she was always willing to work with me. The cake was beautiful and tasted amazing. I will order any cakes or cupcakes from her in the... Read More future. She is local and a hardworking mother and business owner. Rave reviews! Andrea

Reviewed on 7/08/2015 Gina O

Wow! Anne Mason with Classic Cakes by Design was wonderful! We ordered a two tier wedding cake, along with 275 cupcakes in 6 different flavors. All were incredibly perfect! Not only was the cake delicious, but Anne was amazing to work with. She is kind, outgoing, honest, and... Read More knows what she is doing. I would highly recommend her to anyone for any occasion that required cake! Thank you for helping make our wedding day a day to remember!

Reviewed on 10/11/2012 Jake W

I do not think we could have had a better experience! Carolyn was super professional and friendly. The cake was the best wedding cake we had ever had, and all of our guests agreed the entire night! Our cake served 100 people, we had 62 attend, and there was no cake leftover! We... Read More wished there was some leftover, but it obviously showed how delicious the cake was!

Beautiful cake that tasted wonderful

Reviewed on 10/03/2012 Michelle S

Our wedding cake turned out beautiful. We received many compliments on the look and the taste of the cake. Ann was great to work with!!

Disappointed Mother of the Bride

Reviewed on 6/08/2012 debra B

We had a wonderful tasting session, but the actual wedding cake was coarse and dry. I have a feeling it was overbeaten and overbaked. We were very disappointed and ended up discarding the leftover cake from the wedding.....something that never would happen to cake at our... Read More house. It was well decorated, but definitely not like the cake we'd tasted at the tasting session. I would DEFINITELY not recommend her cake for a wedding. Several of our guests commented how coarse the cake appeared when cut and tasted so dry.

2012-06-11T09:10:49 Response from the vendor

I am sorry to hear about your disappointing experience! I would like to understand more regarding your issues so I can see where the production problem lies. I have never been told that my cakes have been dry and I hope with your guidence no... Read Less Read More

Just ok

Reviewed on 5/20/2012 Randi J

I had 3 different flavors. Cake was dry and crumbled easily during serving as well as trying to eat. The cake was beautiful though.

2012-06-08T20:35:58 Response from debra, the member

Her cakes are beautiful, but certainly not very good very dry and coarse.