Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Private Appointments Available, Fashion Services, Fashion

1505 Grand Central Avenue, Vienna, WV

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Poor Customer Service a

I recently purchased a dress at Elizabeth Michael's. They recommended their seamstress for alterations. I scheduled an appointment ahead of of time with her. When I showed up to this appointment it was rushed through because there were so many high school students purchasing... Read More homecoming dresses. I was concerned with the lack of attention to detail put into the pinning of my dress but trusted that it would be done right and was reassured it would be fine. I live out of town and informed both the seamstress and business owner that I was concerned that it may not fit for the wedding but that I was unable to come in until two days before the wedding. I arrived on Thursday to pick up my dress, I was greeted by the manager who gave me my dress to try on. I was shocked with how poorly done the alterations were. My dress was over 1 inch too long (with the same shoes I work to get it pinned), the shoulder of the dress had been completed ruined by the way it had been sewn, and the one shoulder was riding up into my armpit due to poor seamstress work. I spoke with the manager and told her that the dress did not fit right at all. She stated "well you can come in on Saturday, that's the day our seamstress is contracted to come in." The wedding I was attending was Saturday and I had to begin getting ready at 7:30 in the morning, I expressed that that was not an option. I was never informed by Elizabeth Michael's manager that their seamstress will come to their store on days other than Saturday to fix alterations if necessary. When I called to ask the seamstress for a refund she refused to refund my money and stated that she had ask the manager of Elizabeth Michael's to call me because she was concerned my dress would not fit properly. I was never called and given this information. The seamstress stated she is "more than happy" to come on another day if Saturday truly does not work for someone but again poor service on the part of Elizabeth Michael's as they never told me this. I ended up having to have emergency alterations done so that the dress would fit and now the shape of the dress is completely different due to poor initial alterations. I am beyond disgusted with the poor service and communication provided by Elizabeth Michael's who stated "once we sell you the dress it is no longer legally our responsibility if there is a problem so there is nothing we can do." Is this really a way to run a business? Absolutely not. Also, when the bridesmaids of the wedding went to pick up our dresses they had not been steamed and one of the members of the bridal party had to request they be steamed, really? Elizabeth Michael's has a nice selection of dresses but the poor quality of service, the lack of communication about their seamstress's willingness to come in on a day other than Saturday, and the fact that the manager's response when I explained this situation was that "legally after we sell you the dress we are not responsible for anything else" is repulsive. Don't waste your money here. I've had far superior customer service and selection in Columbus. I will not spend another dollar here.

Best Wedding Dress Shop!

Reviewed on 4/23/2014 Emily R

Elizabeth Michaels was fantastic! I went probably over 10 places in different parts of Ohio and in Parkersburg, WV, to look for dresses and tried on more than 60 (!) before I found this shop. My budget was super tight, so I knew I needed to buy off the sale racks in stores... Read More instead of the normal current-season's inventory. It was like finding a needle in a haystack and was so discouraging and frustrating (I'm not usually a crier, but my trip to David's Bridal left me crying in the fitting room). Elizabeth Michaels was exactly the kind of shopping experience I wanted/needed. Not only were the owners and employees wonderfully friendly, but they were not pushy and really listened to what I needed instead of trying to sell me something completely over my budget and outside of my personal sense of style. I think it was because they had recently taken over the store that they had so many discounted dresses, but they had an entire wall of new designer dresses (simply from previous retail seasons) marked WAY down. I got a stunning $1200 designer ballgown for $250!! Even their prices on brand new inventory, despite being over my budget, were more reasonable than at some places I'd been. I wish I'd found them first instead of wasting my time driving all over the region. They also have a great selection of formal gowns for other occasions and a section of mother-of-the-bride dresses. And their preferred seamstresses' rates were very affordable (although you can use anyone you want for alterations). I'd definitely recommend them to anyone.

So happy I found them.

Reviewed on 9/02/2013 Terri M

I had looked many places for my dress. Some shops didn't even care that I was there. Some shops had very little to choose from. Some shops were total chaos. And many were outrageously priced. The minute I walked into Elizabeth Michaels I was greeted and the sales rep gave... Read More me her total undivided attention. I described what I was looking for and she found the perfect dress at a price i could afford. They were very eager to please and very professional in every way. They also have a seamstress on staff so getting alterations was easy and I didn't have to go looking elsewhere. Loved my dress and the service.

Reviewed on 12/20/2012 Lindsey C

I went to this location looking for a veil. They were very helpful and even let me try on my dress I bought at a different location. I wish I would have bought my bridesmaid dresses from here because they had a good selection.

Amazing Time

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Linda B

I found my wedding dress after Elizabeth Michaels posted pictures on their facebook page. I went in and tried the dress on and knew instantly it was the dress. The staff there worked so hard to make sure I was treated like a queen and that I got the wedding dress I wanted.... Read More They helped out with everything from picking my shoes to my veil. They were easy to work with and willing to work with my schedule because when I first bought the dress I was attending school 3 hours away and right before my wedding I was working 2 1/2 hours away. Would reccomend them to anyone.

Reviewed on 8/03/2012 Allie R

My experience with Elizabeth Michaels was perfect. I had gone to several other bridal shops before this one and always left stressed out and done with the experience. I was able to bring several of my bridesmaids and family to my appointment and the staff made me feel so special... Read More and not once did I get stressed. The girls all got to take part in the day and pick out dresses for me to try. Surprisingly enough I was able to pick out one from the hundreds of beautiful dresses they have and once it arrived the staff help make several suggestions on how to make the dress my own. Alterations listened to every word I had to say and made my dress fit perfectly! The day of my wedding everyone kept saying my dress looked as if it was made just for me!! I LOVED my dress and every bit of my experience with the staff at Elizabeth Micheals. I would STRONGLY recommend this shop to other brides who want to truly enjoy their dress shopping experience : ) ... THANKS ladies you were all AMAZING!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 6/15/2011 Samantha P

I found my wedding dress on website and was lucky enough to find the dress so close to home at EM. I went in and ordered the dress and they received it in just enough time to have it altered and taken home a week before my big day. When I first tried it on, I was... Read More in love with the dress. The ladies were very helpful in advising me how to have my dress altered and I took their advise and was so excited to get my perfect dress back! I had to get the dress taken in a bit and bra cups sew into the bust, which they pinned in while I was still wearing the dress. When I got the dress back, the alterations were all wrong. I visibly had wider hips and a small waist, and the dress was taken in wayyy too much at the hips and the bra cups were sewn in too low. When I tried on the dress, I had to wear it much higher than it was supposed to be worn and it was very uncomfortable. Needless to say, the dress was great at the beginning, but I do not advise getting alterations done at Elizabeth Michaels...

Great shop and helpful staff!

Reviewed on 11/08/2010 Christine F

Elizabeth Michaels did my bridesmaids' dresses. Everything was ordered in time and came in the correct sizes. Pricing was clearly listed. I also purchased my bridal accessories there. They carry beautiful jewelry for any style and beautiful veils. They were super helpful... Read More regardless of how busy they were.

Start a Conversation!