Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

9815 South Eastern Avenue, Las Vegas, NV

Reviewed on 5/27/2014 Keegan J

As a destination bride traveling from Missouri for my Las Vegas wedding, I had to rely on reviews from other helpful brides for many of my vendors. Of all the vendors I reached out to for wedding cakes, Freed's responded first and was able to provide loads of information to... Read More me. I had so many questions, and they were responsive to each and every one of them. I ordered a three tier cake and each had different flavors. With zero opportunity to taste the cakes ahead of time, I was basically going in blindly. Jamie B. contacted me the day before the wedding to confirm delivery, and the colors of the flowers for the cake. Upon arrival to the reception space I went straight to the cake and it was BEAUTIFUL! I could not wait to dig in. When the cake course came along I chose the tier with white cake and raspberry puree was the best wedding cake I've ever tasted! Soft, moist cake with sweet butter creme icing and fruity filling - so good (even the next day)! Sadly, our top tier did not travel well to keep for the one year anniversary. But the next time we're in Las Vegas we will be visiting Freed's to reenact the best way we can!

Reviewed on 5/07/2014 Christy H

Our wedding cake was beautiful and tasted even better. The prices are fair and Nancy helped me decide on flavors as well as the cake size. The delivery was prompt. My only tiny complaint is the cake board was larger than it should have been for my size cake so I had overhang... Read More on the cake stand. If I would've thought to ask about this before hand I could have ensured my cake stand was the right size. I'm fairly certain I am the only one who noticed however. My favorite was the lemon layer with raspberry mousse.

So Good!

Reviewed on 5/06/2014 DAWN

I had a 3 layer cake from Freed's with lemon, red velvet, and chocolate as my flavors. OMG it was so good and moist and the butter cream frosting was great! I loved my cake. It looked great too. They did a wonderful job.

Reviewed on 8/19/2016 Vanessa K

I originally choose a different bakery. And then I heard from my contact at the reception venue that the bakery I was using had changed owners and she didn't recommend them anymore and suggested using Freed's! I am so glad I made the change. With the 1st bakery I was getting a... Read More naked cake and was hoping to do the same and Freed's. Max told me they could definitely make one but they tend to dry out and they don't recommend eating them and that they would provide a sheet cake for free. That seemed wasteful to me so I searched pinterest for pictures and found a couple cakes that I liked. I sent them the pictures and told them what I liked about each one and the color scheme I was thinking! And it came out perfect! Even better than I imagined! It was also delicious! We went with the almond cake with a raspberry buttercream filling! Max was super helpful and easy to work with! They were also super affordable the cake was just under $200. We got a 2 tier cake that said fed 18-22 people and we had 26 people so I was a little nervous but we didn't even cut into the 2nd tier and we cut pretty big pieces!

Reviewed on 4/10/2016 Sydney D

Our cake turned out perfect! It was simple and elegant just what we wanted. We do not like fondant so we wanted a different icing on the outside they have a 50/50 buttercream and icing mixed together option that turned out perfect and was great tasting. We needed the cake... Read More delivered last minute to our venue rather than picking it up so we called and they helped us out over the phone and took our payment over the phone as well it was so convenient. We saved the top tier for our first wedding anniversary and we can't wait to eat it. Freed's Bakery has amazing wedding cakes and amazing treats at their location. We highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 3/21/2016 Jennifer J

Freed's Bakery did an amazing job on our wedding cake and groom's cake. They were beautiful and delicious. The cake tasting was so much fun with the staff and they really listened to what we wanted and delivered on it perfectly!

Gorgeous & Delicious

Reviewed on 11/12/2015 Kristen C

Freed's Bakery was included in my package for JW Marriot, but had it not been, I still would've came here for my wedding cake. When I went to go pick out the wedding cake, Elia helped us and she was amazing. She was so patient and kind and gave us so many options. We didn't like... Read More the cakes that came in our package so she said that we could use that as a credit and just pay the additional charge for whatever we chose. Our cake came out so incredibly beautiful and it was so moist and delicious. I wouldn't choose anyone else for a wedding cake! Our package covered about $800 of the wedding cake and we only paid an extra $200. I was very happy with it.

just ok

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Catherine C

When researching I found good reviews of Freeds so much that I decided to (re)book with them. The initial contact didn't really put in our order as I found out after emailing a question to be met with a new snotty hard to work with contact. I adjustsd our order to 3 dozen... Read More cupcakes. One chocolate covered cherry, one peanut butter and one red velvet, my favorite. I found them overlym chilled moist but plain chocolate, the flavor was for the icing. I bake some and felt like I could've made them myself. The cream cheese icing on the red velvet was just way way too rich. The cherry one was marvelous I can say.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Andrea S

My cake was amazing everything I wanted!

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Christina W

Our cake was adorable and it tasted delicious. Very pleased !

Reviewed on 7/12/2015 Barbara E

Although I couldn't do a tasting before the wedding, I felt confident ordering from Freed's, based on all the reviews here. The consultant was very helpful on the phone and made sure we were talking about the same elements to get everything coordinated with my colors. The cake... Read More was beautiful but more importantly, tasted absolutely delicious. We did the Bride on a Budget Rose Cascade, with a bit different ribbons to match, with the top and middle layer the chocolate with raspberry puree and the bottom layer vanilla with Bavarian cream. Unfortunately, our wait-staff hadn't been told in advance they were cutting and serving the cake and cut way too small slices (and not properly) and the middle, chocolate layer never got served. Everyone gorged on it the next couple of days in our suite, though, and it was amazing! I definitely recommend them!

Great Cake, Bad Customer Service

Reviewed on 5/06/2015 Shelly F

Freed's really gets 3 1/2 stars, but The Knot does not give that option. This was the vendor for my all-inclusive wedding in Las Vegas. The cake was excellent, but the communication left a LOT to be desired. I first got in touch with Jayme, the contact person assigned to my... Read More venue. I contacted her by phone and received some good information. Things only started going downhill when I tired to communicate with her by email, which was necessary as I lived in a time zone with a three hour time difference from Las Vegas. After several emails with no response, and a phone call with no response, I finally had to ask my venue to intervene. I received a phone call promptly with excuses for why my emails were not received, but it was all very "dog ate my homework." However, Jayme did make up for it by upgrading my wedding cake at no charge, which went a long way to alleviating my annoyance. I continued to have communication issues leading all the way up to the day of the wedding, when the delivery person called me to get the number for the venue. Since my venue uses Freed's almost exclusively, I was mystified as to why they would call the bride on her wedding day to get a phone number. I worked with several vendors through my venue and this was the only vendor through my venue that I had any issues with. Given these issues, I was quite skeptical about how this cake was going to turn out. Luckily, it was AMAZING! We got chocolate/chocolate mousse, vanilla/strawberry filling, and carrot cake/cream cheese filling. Everyone talked about how delicious and moist the cake was. It also looked beautiful. So, to sum up: if you like excellent cake and have a lot of patience, Freed's Bakery is the place to go.

Freeds Bakery Review

Reviewed on 1/15/2015 Lauren S

After contacting numerous bakeries in the lead-up to our December 2014 wedding, I was beginning to get frustrated by the outrageous prices and poor communication. Then I contacted Freed's and I instantly felt at ease. The staff responded to our queries promptly and assured us... Read More that they could make the cake that we wanted. We went with a two-tier, white fondant-covered cake with black ribbons and fresh pink roses. It was a simple design but it looked awesome. One tier was white cake, the other was chocolate. Our filling was chocolate buttercream and the frosting was regular buttercream. It was delicious. I'd highly recommend Freed's to other Vegas brides and grooms.

Cake of my Dreams...and YUMMY too!

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Jennifer M

I was originally supposed to have a cake provided through the chapel we were getting married at, however, the people who supplied the cake were a bit limited and I had something specific I really wanted that I had found a picture of online. After some negotiating I was able to... Read More order my cake through Freed's and am I ever glad I did!! The cake was just beautiful and it matched exactly what I wanted. They even matched the flowers from my wedding to put on the cake. As far as the taste of the cake; all I can say is YUMMY! Everyone just loved it and it got demolished. The cake isn't super sweet, it's just perfect, moist and delicious. I plan on going to Vegas for our 1st anniversary and ordering another small cake so I can actually enjoy some with my husband since I barely got a small piece on my wedding day!!

Delicious Wedding Cake on a Budget

Reviewed on 10/19/2014 Korie M

I booked Freed's Bakery about 2 weeks before my wedding day. I have gotten their cupcakes before and they were a big hit at the office. The wedding cake did not disappoint! We ordered a two tiered basic wedding cake with 4 or 5 dozen of their signature cupcakes, all within our... Read More limited budget. The cakes were delicious, affordable, and a big hit with our guests. The customer service in the cake ordering department and on the day of pick up was outstanding! Thanks Freed's Bakery! Definitely recommended.

Exactly what we wanted

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Rachel H

We ordered our wedding cake along with cookies for our cookie bar from Freed's, and we were not disappointed! We were unable to do a tasting because we live out of state, so we put our trust in other positive reviews. Our cake was lemon flavored with Bavarian cream filling and... Read More buttercream frosting, it was delicious! Our guests loved it. Our cookies were hit, everyone enjoyed them. Freed's sells cookies based on weight, and because I asked for a specific number of cookies rather than a specific weight of cookies, we had to estimate the cost beforehand. Janie contacted me afterward to notify me that she would refund us the difference because our cookies ended up being less expensive than anticipated. Great customer service, great baked goods!

Reviewed on 7/20/2014 Caprice B

My cake was absolutely delicious, i had a three tier cake and did a different flavor for each tier/

Delicious cake!

Reviewed on 5/05/2014 Carolyn W

The cake was not only beautiful but delicious! We did a 50/50 frosting and the center was raspberry Bavarian filled. I highly recommend Freed's for any occasion which requires a cake or baked goods!

Reviewed on 4/27/2014 Rita-Rae' C

I was attracted to Freed's because the offered a "Bride's on a Budget" menu. I live on the east coast and was planning my Las Vegas wedding from there. After several phone calls back and forth because of my indecisiveness I finally picked a cake and paid. My wedding guest loved... Read More the cake my husband and myself didn't have any but we plan on visiting Freed's when we return.

Beautiful, Delicious & Affordable

Reviewed on 4/10/2014 Maria R

They have a great variety of options. All are delicious, so much so that I had each tier done in a different flavor. We felt that the price was more than reasonable for the style, size and selection. It was a hassle-free decision. We told them what we wanted, they delivered, and... Read More we ate. Couldn't ask for anything more.

Shockingly Stunning

Reviewed on 4/01/2014 Susan O

Freed's provided my wedding cake.. With the Las Vegas as a destination wedding for our 80 guests, we chose the Viva Las Vegas cake. Now, I assumed it would just be a cute cake fitting the theme but I clearly underestimated Freed's. The picture did not do it justice.. sure, the... Read More cake was cute but it was also BEAUTIFUL.. It somehow sparkled and was absolutely stunning! Matched to its beauty was the taste.. I'm glad I ordered larger than I needed because my guests were requested seconds and thirds of the cake even though there were other desserts served at the reception. I'm so thrilled! My favorite comment on the cake came from my brother.. I had asked him if he liked my cake.. he said he didn't see it.. I pointed it out and he said "Oh wow..I thought that was a beautifully wrapped present" and then he questioned me that it was really a cake..So cute!

Reviewed on 3/27/2014 Catherine A

My cake was beautiful. Exactly as we had planned together. Everyone loved it!! We got so many compliments!!

Classy Cake

Reviewed on 3/23/2014 Renee W

I ordered a red velvet 6 inch cake with their 50/50 frosting. It was delicious. I ordered over the phone (I live in Colorado) and described my simple design request and they did it perfectly. It looked amazing and tasted even better. Yum! Their Napoleans are also incredible!

Excellent Price, Excellent Quality

Reviewed on 3/20/2014 Casey C

We opted for a 2 tier cake in their bride on a budget category to feed about 20 people. It came with 2 flavors and fillings and was decorated perfectly! The taste was amazing and you couldn't beat the price. Well done Freed's!

Not what I expected...

Reviewed on 2/15/2014 Crystal W

I went to Freed's to order a groom's cake because I had seen some of the awesome cakes they did while visiting the bakery. When I sat down with the consultant, I showed her the exact cake I wanted. She then spent the next ten minutes searching for a similar cake they had... Read More already done, insisting on selling me that one. When I decided on the design, I had to ask if I could taste the flavors. It felt awkward as the consultant just sat there looking at stuff on her computer like I was inconveniencing her. Then she seemed surprised that I actually wanted to order the cake. It's like she was just waiting for me to leave. Along with the cake, I ordered an additional two fondant pieces at $25 each to place on my wedding cake that was being made somewhere else. A few days after I ordered the cake, I decided that instead of having the baker hand paint/frost the cake, I would have them print a photo instead. I thought this would be easier/less time consuming. When I went to make my final payment, only then was I informed there would be an extra charge. On the day of the wedding, I sent a friend of mine to pick up the cake and fondant pieces. When we all arrived at the venue, I saw that the bakery had shorted me one of my fondant pieces. They counted the one that had had already been included in the price of the groom's cake as one of the two extras that I ordered. So I was out $25 and the embellishment I had wanted for my wedding cake. The cake itself looked good and tasted good. But the customer service left something to be desired. I always anticipated the cake tasting/ordering to be one of the more fun aspects of wedding planning, but this put it towards the bottom of my list.

Start a Conversation!