Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

31 George Downs Ln, Bloomingdale, NY (518) 891-3500

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Carlie C

Eric was recommended to us by our photographer. We are so glad he was available to do our wedding because he was absolutely fabulous! He kept people on the dance floor all night (including my older aunts!) We had some unique songs that we wanted incorporated into our ceremony... Read More and reception that aren't very common but he executed them perfectly! He also helped my dad and I execute a fun surprise father-daughter dance! We were so lucky to have him for our perfect day and I would highly recommend him.

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Lauren H

We were married in Lake Placid in May 2017 and reached out to Eric at Good Guy Productions as he was listed on our vendor list. Eric immediately responded to us and accommodated our needs with ceremony music and introductions at our reception. Eric first met us at the ceremony... Read More and went above and beyond! He met me at the beginning of the aisle as I was getting ready to walk down the aisle toward my husband just to make sure everything was all set! He was more than just our DJ, he was more like a good friend sharing our special day with us! He even stayed a little longer at our reception to hang out with us! I highly recommend Good Guy Productions for your wedding. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 2/17/2017 Stephanie D

My husband and I met at Paul Smith's College (Good Guy Productions would always be at all of the events) so we knew when we decided to have our wedding in the Adirondacks it was no question that there was only one DJ we wanted. Eric did not disappoint. From having all the music... Read More I requested to being awesome about last minute changes when I called him days before to change the father daughter dance. He even tracked down the songs our parents danced to at their wedding so we could surprise them and give them their own dance. Everything was beyond perfect! Eric kept the party going all night! Our family absolutely had a blast and are still talking about how much fun it was. Even the grandma's were on the dance floor! I really can't say enough how amazing Good Guy Productions are. Truly they are THE best. Eric knew how big of a Disney fan I am. My absolute favorite part was when when he surprised us and played "Wishes" (the Magic Kingdom Nighttime Fireworks show) at the very end. It was the cherry on top. Good Guy Productions are truly the best! If I could give more than five stars I would! Thank you Eric for everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 2/03/2017

Working with Eric was amazing, he is very high energy and kept the day exciting. He and his crew were all very efficient and extremely professional. We loved working the him, he has many innovative ideas if you need help and a vast amount of knowledge in the... Read More entertainment/event planning community in the small area of the Adirondacks where our event was held. Thank you again for making my daughters wedding one everyone will remember.

Reviewed on 2/02/2017 Melissa F

Excellent DJs they always had a crowd on the dance floor and could tell when to change the music. I wasn't worried about anything the whole reception I knew they had the day taken care of for us. I would recommend them too anyone and everyone!

Reviewed on 2/01/2016 Lynn C

I don't know where to start writing this review. Please read to the end. If you have ever attended a wedding, you know how important it is to keep the party going and be able to span generations with music selections. 8 years ago I first talked to Eric Wilson, of Good Guys... Read More Productions. This phone call was the beginning of both a professional and personal relationship. We live in Charlotte NC and have two daughters who have both married within the last 8 years. Eric was the DJ for both! Each wedding was very different and Eric handled the challenges of each one in such a way that our guests never knew there was a potential problem. Please keep reading... The first wedding took place in Lake Placid, NY. I researched and hired each vendor independent of the other. When we first met Eric he said that in addition to music, it was his responsibility to make sure the entire reception ran smoothly. This included communicating with the kitchen and gently moving people in the right direction when necessary. Just as the wedding ceremony was ending, a huge storm came up making it impossible for guests to arrive at the reception site on time. Eric took over, worked closely with the kitchen and no one ever knew the work that went into putting 150 meals and the events of the reception on hold until everyone arrived! The second wedding took place near Charlotte, NC. We were so impressed with Eric's professional work and style we approached him to make the 900 mile trip, with equipment, to DJ in North Carolina. We were thrilled when he said yes! Please keep reading, this part is amazing... My dad had passed away the year before and was very close to our daughter. He had audio taped a toast for another family wedding, being too sick to travel. The words of his toast were very fitting for our daughter's wedding, however because his death was recent I was afraid my introduction could take the reception in a very sad direction. I explained what I wanted to do to Eric. He loaded the audio onto his computer. No pressure, he just wanted to make sure he had the correct equipment to play it if I chose to introduce it. He then sat with me for over an hour giving me the courage to introduce it. It was one of the most memorable moments of the wedding and a great tribute to my dad. I never would have been able to even consider it with Eric's encouragement. I have tried to be brief, but it is hard to convey what kind of person Eric Wilson is and what a difference he makes! He ensures his associates are the same. This is more than a business for Eric! You will understand that as soon as you meet him! You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 1/29/2016 Erin C

Eric Wilson from Good Guy Productions was the DJ for our wedding and my whole family along with my guests would say he made the wedding one of the greatest parties ever!!!! We got married on Chapel Island on the Upper Saranac and during the wedding a big storm rolled in. This... Read More delayed our reception at the Lake Placid Club. We had allowed time for this; however, we had no idea how it would play out given how long it had taken for us to get back to Lake Placid. When we arrived at the club Eric greeted us with a whole plan as to how everything was going to play out. He had even talked to the kitchen staff about timing on our dinner. It could not have been more perfect. The music he played appealed to all guests and we had the best time. We loved Eric so much we had him play at my sister's wedding all the way in NC. You know there are tons of DJ's in NC, but if you want the best party you need Eric. A DJ can make or break a reception....If you choose Good Guy Productions, you can be guaranteed an event that will have guests talking for years!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 1/28/2016 Leslie W

Eric helped make our wedding day extra special. We were able to give him a playlist to be sure our favorite songs were played throughout the night. With Eric's history of doing weddings, he was able to advise us what type of songs to play, kept the evening events timely, and had... Read More me and my guests dancing until we got kicked out of the venue. It was without a doubt, the best! When I was narrowing down the father daughter song, I told him dad loved Elton John and he helped me choose the appropriate song. Starting the night off with "We are family" and ending it with, "I knew the Bride when she used to rock and roll"! Fun-fun-fun! Eric knows how to throw a great party you'll always remember. ❤️💍🍾

Reviewed on 1/28/2016

Let me tell you this you get what you pay for and when you hire the good guys you get the best of the best and this is why : The good guys been around for long all Djs they know their art and have good long experience doing weddings or private parties or mega live sound for... Read More famous artist . Eric provide the best services in the business just wish and he will make it come true .

Reviewed on 1/27/2016

I was new to the area, and found my bride! When it came time for all the details to be put in place, everyone recommended Good Guy Productions. It was a very pleasant experience, a true one-stop shop for our party needs. We got our tent, tables, chairs, dance floor and DJ/MC... Read More service with them. We had DJ Red as our DJ and he was amazing. Professional, on point and a true asset for our special day. Thank you to the Good Guys for making our day one we will remember forever.

Reviewed on 1/26/2016

.I have personally worked with Eric of Good Guys Productions on many events. He is extremely professional and always puts his customers needs and wants first and will always go the extra mile. Very easy to work with and very attentive to detail, and very professional from start... Read More to finish. His goal is to ensure your event is the best and talked about for years to come.

Reviewed on 1/23/2016

We absolutely LOVE Eric! I grew up in the area and have known him since High School (he DJ'ed our proms... small world, huh?) I just gave him some key songs that we wanted and he filled in the details for us- we didn't have to worry about a single thing, he flawlessly emceed our... Read More reception and kept EVERYONE on the dance floor the entire evening! I had never seen anything like it... quite literally everyone at the reception danced (even my father, which is quite the feat!) I whole-heartedly recommend Eric and Good Guys for ANY event you wanted DJed.

Reviewed on 1/10/2016

When I clicked on five stars up popped a little note that said, "Best Ever", and by all means that's right! I couldn't imagine a family party without the guys in red shirts being involved. No matter what crazy request we have, Eric always tells me he can make it happen. He's... Read More great, his guys are great and the shows are great. Every single one of them go the extra distance to make our events awesome. Pay the extra and get the best!

He had the party rocking all night!!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Amber M

Eric is an AMAZING DJ!! He & his guys had everyone up and moving for the entire night! Up lighting, photobooth, customized music, and a rocking dance floor!! I would recommend him 10x over to anyone!!

Unprofessional

Reviewed on 10/19/2014 Kelly M

We hired Eric a year ahead of time after we met with him in person. We had heard positive things about him and liked his high energy personality and that he knew the venue well. We communicated with him frequently over the course of the last year and up until a few days before... Read More the wedding. In that time we had no mention that someone else would be the one actually working at the wedding, so imagine our surprise when someone else came up to me while we were taking photos and said “Hi, I am your DJ.” Apparently Eric had booked other venues and this information was deliberately withheld from us (I can only assume because he knew that we would not have hired him). This guy had no personality and was very unprepared. He did not know the timing or flow of events despite having discussed all of this in detail with Eric. He did not have the specific music that I had provided Eric with for the bridesmaid’s dance and my cousin had to setup a hotspot on her phone in order to get it off YouTube. I spent the beginning of the evening, when I should have been enjoying my friends and family, sorting out all of the details of the evening, which I had already spent time doing prior to the wedding. He did not make the announcement for someone’s birthday as discussed (and was written down) and he did not do the appropriate announcements for the anniversary dance (which is when I was handing out my bouquet). He announced the wrong names for our first dance and played songs at the beginning that we specifically discussed with Eric that we did not like. When Eric finally showed up he was a little argumentative and made excuses stating that he had told me someone else would be working, which is inaccurate. We felt very deceived and like this should have been discussed prior as we would not have hired him if we had known this. I would not recommend them to anyone as they are unprofessional. Luckily my family is easy going and all likes to dance so we still had a fantastic night despite this.

2017-02-02T22:47:18 Response from the vendor

Hi Kelly, Yes, I agree, we did hit it off when we met. You guys seemed like a lot of fun. I certainly apologize that you were unhappy. It really hurts me personally that there were some things that didn't end up the way you... Read Less Read More

Made the night

Reviewed on 7/15/2011 Erica H

Eric did a wonderful job keeping everyone on the dance floor. He also kept the night running smoothly. I was a little disappointed in not being able to pick every song that I wanted played so some of the songs were not my favorite but he did do a wonderful job. Everyone has... Read More told me how much fun they had with him.