Is this your business? claim it now

Gretchen's ABS Cakes

Mauldin, SC

Cake Delivery + Setup, Cakes + Desserts

439 N Main St, Mauldin, SC (864) 297-3095

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Denae B

I am so glad we used Gretchen’s ABS cakes to do our wedding cake! The cake was very reasonably priced, and Gretchen even includes a complimentary “anniversary cake” in the pricing that you can have in addition to or instead of the top of your wedding cake on your 1st anniversary... Read More (or just whenever you feel like eating it). The day I did my cake tasting, Gretchen provided a wide variety of cakes (her shop has an amazing selection of different cakes and fillings/frostings) for me to try, and even let my mom come back with me to try the cake samples again since my mom hadn’t been able to come to the first appointment. Initially I had been afraid that I hadn’t clearly communicated my vision to Gretchen, so she made sure to get out a sheet of paper and sketch out exactly what I wanted the cake to look like, and even made notes on the side to specify the different flavors of each layer and the colors of my wedding. I was so grateful that she took the time to ensure that our wedding cake matched my vision, because it was so amazingly beautiful on the day of our wedding. It was also one of the best cakes that I have ever tasted…the different flavors were so delicious! I can’t wait for another celebratory occasion so I can have one of her amazing cakes again!

Reviewed on 9/30/2016 Cecilia G

Wonderful!! The wedding cake was beautiful and all the different flavored layers each tasted great ! Gretchen was so positive, and warm and was wonderful to work with!

Reviewed on 8/27/2016 Megan R

Our wedding cake was amazing! We met with Gretchen and showed her a few pictures for wedding cake inspiration a few months before the wedding. During our meeting she let us try different delicious cake flavors to help us make our choice. The cake came out beautiful on our... Read More wedding day, and it was exactly what we wanted. We got so many compliments on how delicious the cake was too. Very reasonable prices. Highly recommend. Gretchen and her husband were so sweet!

Reviewed on 2/29/2016 Katie M

From the first cake tasting to enjoying our "anniversary cake" as soon as we got back from our honeymoon - everything was perfect! Gretchen knows how to make cakes look great and taste even better! :)

Beautiful & Delicious

Reviewed on 11/20/2014 Melissa R

Not only was my cake beautiful it was delicious. I was more concerned with having a good cake instead of "a piece of art", but at Gretchen's I found both. The cake was very moist and the icing is yummy! I shopped around with a few other bakeries before deciding on a cake vendor... Read More and I have to say that Gretchen's is the best in the Upstate. In addition, Mrs. Gretchen, the owner, is so sweet and very pleasant to work with.

Yum!

Reviewed on 3/15/2014 Andrea P

I loved my cake! It was beautiful... we had discussed them putting flowers on it and they even called the day before the wedding but for some reason they were left off... but it was still beautiful!

Super nice and WONDERFUL cake!

Reviewed on 8/22/2012 Chelsea J

Very pleased! Cake was delicious and Gretchen is the sweetest lady ever!! Love, Love, Love!

Love Gretchen at ABS Cakes!

Reviewed on 8/07/2012 Whitney P

Our cake was beautiful and even better...delicious! Gretchen at ABS is the sweetest lady ever and a pleasure to work with!

YUMMY

Reviewed on 10/05/2011 ERICA B

Gretchen's is the best. I love her cakes, staff,and customer service.

Gretchens!

Reviewed on 8/23/2011 haley s

we used gretchens bakery for out cake and i am not just saying this because its my wedding but it was honestly the best wedding cake i have ever eattin! it was so moist and so fresh our guest couldnt stop talking about the cake! the design was what i wanted! the only problem i... Read More had with the bakery was i wanted fake flowers on top with our topper and they done icing flowers but it wasnt a deal breaker they are still amazing and the cake is awesome!

LOVE!!

Reviewed on 5/17/2011 JESSICA T

We use Gretchen for every family event!! And of course, she didn't fail me this time either!! The groom's cake was absolutely amazing and so was the wedding cake. I couldn't imagine using anyone else!!

The most wonderful wedding cake ever created!

Reviewed on 11/21/2010 Laura S

Our cake was STUNNING!!! It was different, simple, elegant, more than we imagined. You will not be disappointed!

Beautiful Cake

Reviewed on 11/09/2010 Julie C

We were very pleased with my wedding cake. Not only was it beautiful but it was also delicious. Several of my guests complimented the cake. The cake was perfect and just what I always wanted!

Best bakery in the upstate, hands down!

Reviewed on 8/10/2010 Laura C

You won't find a better tasting cake than one made in Gretchen's kitchen. The cake was simply beautiful. I came in with a sketch of what I wanted, and they turned it into even better than I imagined. Everyone at the wedding enjoyed both looking at it and eating it!

Review for Gretchen’s ABS Cakes Bakery & Cafe

Reviewed on 9/04/2008 Sarah C

She will get to know you and if you want a custom designed cake she will make what you want. I had a idea in my head for what i wanted and i explained it to her drew her a picture and she went with it. The final product was exactly what i had imagined. The cake also tastes... Read More amazing. She has so many flavors its ridiculous!