Serving CT brides for more than 30 years

Hawk Photography will photograph your wedding with a unique, natural storytelling style that has become our trademark! We offer the perfect blend of photojournalism and traditional pictures to capture the essence of your special day. Hawk Photography recently won three most prestigious awards for a wedding photography studio, the 2016 Best of The Knot award, the 2016 WeddingWire Couples Choice Award and the WeddingWire Black Badge Award for 100+ 5 star reviews..

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Photo + Video

Reviewed on 7/24/2016

When my husband and I began planning our wedding, I was initially dismayed when I began investing wedding photographers as most of the places I found seemed to only do “big” packages. We didn’t want 8 hours of photography for our small, family wedding (only about 30 guests). I... Read More was thrilled to find Hawk Photography. Daryl was immediately responsive to my email query and followed up with a phone conversation. He worked with me to develop a 3-hour package—on a holiday weekend, no less—that was exactly what I wanted: formal portraits, candid shots of our guests, and the beautiful venue (Bee and Thistle Inn and Spa) where we had our wedding. Throughout the process—from making the reservation to our engagement photos to the wedding to sending us a CD with all our photos—Daryl was a pleasure to work with. He was unfailingly quick to respond to email/phone queries, professional in his communication, and he made some great suggestions regarding the day of timeline. We were thrilled to get our photos just two weeks after the wedding, and even more thrilled by the photos themselves: Daryl did a beautiful job capturing our day and we’ve gotten tons of compliments on the amazing pictures. I would happily recommend Hawk Photography!

2016-10-21T07:45:01 Response from the vendor

I was thrilled to personally be part of your wedding day! I love working with couples to create a perfect package for them that works for their specific needs!

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Samantha T

My husband and I used Hawk photography for our wedding on July 9, 2016 and for our engagement photoshoot that same October. We were happy with Daryl's professionalism and absolutely love our wedding pictures. He captured every tiny detail of our wedding day and was very... Read More accommodating. We had him take a variety of unusual, spontaneous pictures and he was more than willing. Definitely top notch!

2016-12-18T08:47:42 Response from the vendor

I was so pleased to be part of your special day. It was an honor to be there and I wish you the very best.

Reviewed on 7/24/2016

My husband and I got married July 1, 2016 and we hired Hawk Photography as both our photographer and videographer. From the day we met Daryl we knew we had made the right choice. Our photographer and videographer were amazing! They captured everything we wanted on our... Read More special day. Even though we had a bought of rain our photographer still captured every shot perfectly. If your looking for an excellent photographer that will capture your day from your ceremony to the dance party afterwards, choose Hawk Photography.

2016-12-18T08:48:52 Response from the vendor

I am so pleased that, despite some uncooperative weather!, we were able to capture the special moments on your wedding day. It was a pleasure to work with you.

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Dawn R

Darryl did an excellent job getting all the wonderful moments during our wedding on October 21st. We also received beautiful pictures from our amazing engagement session. His studio is beautiful. The price was perfect he really works with you to get the best package for your... Read More budget.

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Carly B

Daryl was incredible- he did both our engagement shoot and our wedding. My fiancee is notoriously super uncomfortable when taking photos, and Daryl was able to put him at ease and capture both of our personalities. The engagement shoot was beautiful, and all of our photos... Read More turned out wonderfully. At the wedding, Daryl got every shot that we wanted, and spent a good deal of time with guests, getting shots of everyone. He made the portraits fun, and our entire bridal party loved him. Thank you, Hawk Photography, for absolutely everything!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Jody M

Daryl took amazing photos on our wedding day. He knew the best locations at Gillette Castle making it difficult to choose from such wonderful pictures. Truly a professional!

2017-10-12T07:59:36 Response from the vendor

It was a great experience photographing you at Gillette Castle...you made my job easy and fun! thank you!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Silvana T

My husband and I cannot say enough great things about Hawk Photography. The photographer at our wedding was very attentive To what photographs we wanted and made sure to follow the timeline we provided for him. We cannot wait to see the photos!

2017-10-12T08:00:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much...it was our honor to be part of your special day. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Lynn T

My husband and I used Hawk Photgraphy for our wedding and we couldn't have been more pleased! Daryl did a phenomenal job on our engagement pictures, and Rocco, who shot our wedding, was amazing! He was friendly, organized, and really listened to make sure that we got everything... Read More we were looking for. I can't wait to see all of the pictures he captured!

2017-10-12T08:01:35 Response from the vendor

We were so happy to be able to be part of your wedding! May all your dreams come true. And thank you again!

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Katie K

Stress free, low-key, beautiful photos! Daryl communicates well, and turned our photos around in about three weeks! I would 100% recommend to couples who want a good mix of portraits and organic shots.

2017-10-12T08:02:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words. I love capturing a couple's true spirit!

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Katie K

Daryl did an amazing job capturing our wedding. He was very easy to work with, very low-key, and very kind. He turned around the photos in about three weeks! I would recommend him to anyone who wants a stress-free photography experience!

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 jennifer m

Daryl has a great demeanor. He was easy to work with and was flexible in taking shots/pics that we wanted. It was important to us that the photography be unobtrusive to avoid that paparazzi feeling. No clicking cameras were heard etc. Looking forward to seeing the candid... Read More shots from our big day.

Reviewed on 9/13/2017

Daryl was fantastic! My husband and I thought he did a great job with taking every shot possible. We have not seen all of the pictures yet, but as we were going along he was showing us what he had taken and they looked amazing! It's so important to make sure your wedding... Read More photographer is top notch and that is exactly what we got!

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Brittany D

Daryl did a great job with our wedding photography, he arrived on time and paid very close attention to detail. I gave him a list of photos in addition to his photos. He brought the list with him the day of the wedding and reviewed the list to make sure I got the pictures I was... Read More looking for and then some! The pictures came out great and he captured the moments from our wedding that were important to us.

2017-10-12T08:04:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your nice words! We never want to miss an important shot and I am thrilled you are happy with your photos. Best wishes always!

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Tatiana S

My husband and I met Darryl at a bridal show in June of 2016. When we first met with him at his studio, after speaking to him for only a few minutes we knew we had to book him for our photography and video. We had our engagement photos done at his workshop which has a beautiful... Read More outdoor setting. Even though that day in July ended up being probably one of the hottest and most humid days of the year, you would have never known by the way the photos came out, they were beautiful. Since then Darryl did an amazing job responding quickly to any questions that I had. A few weeks before the wedding he contacted me to make sure that I gave him a list of all of my photo must haves and assured me that everything would be taken care of. The day of the wedding, Darryl made sure to get beautiful photos of everything. When I asked him if he could take a photo of something I forgot about he had already gotten the photo. He was great! I would absolutely recommend him over and over again!

2017-10-12T08:05:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your nice words. I always do my best to make sure I capture all the special moments as they unfold. I had a great time at your wedding and I wish you much joy in life.

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 ROBERTA M

Daryl was very professional. We married off three children and he was the best!

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Megan K

We had Daryl as our photographer and Frank as our videographer and they were both an absolute delight! They were super friendly, knowledgeable, and diligent. We had a great experience with Daryl for our engagement shoot and had so many beautiful photos to choose from. We haven't... Read More seen the final product from the wedding yet as it just happened, but we feel confident they will be wonderful as well. Daryl consistently checked the photos throughout to make sure they were coming out nicely and they were both on point capturing every special moment on our wedding day, whether it was planned or spontaneous. You can easily see the high level of experience and skill they both possess. My husband and I were so incredibly pleased with Hawk Photography and Videography and we would definitely recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Amy D

I had a long search in photographers because I feel this is one of the most important details in a wedding. When meeting with Daryl Hawk,my fiancé and I felt the perfect fit! His storybook concept of picture taking is just right, as we noticed in our recent engagement sitting... Read More with him. He doesn't over play the concept of posing, but more Importantly makes you feel comfortable; and the result was amazing pictures that we will love forever. The experience in this business is evident as he wants to make sure you get everything you want in picture packages. Daryl was more than willing to alter his package deals for us. I couldn't be more thrilled for next October to come so we can work with Hawk Photography again in capturing our love and wedding day. Five stars for Hawk Photography!

Reviewed on 7/21/2017 Mary Ann F

Daryl and his team worked with us, even with the rain. They were patient, and ensured we took the pictures that we wanted on our wedding day. We really enjoyed working with his team.

Reviewed on 7/15/2017 Emily D

My fiance and I booked Daryl as our photographer far in advance of our big day, more than a year. In that time, I of course had several opportunities to experience friends weddings and other events and meet other photographers. As a bride with a long engagement, I have run into... Read More a couple of moments of "did I make the right decision?" Leading up to our engagement sitting, my fiance and I were both nervous and excited as we often don't have professional photography sessions, and I had put a lot on these photos in my mind. Daryl's calm and relaxed energy immediately put me at ease and even got my fiance to loosen up. The grounds surrounding his studio are absolutely beautiful and provided better backdrops for our photos than any location I could have chosen. I was pleased to get a phone call 5 days following our session that our prints were ready. Friends and family instantly fell in love with the photos Daryl took, and so did we! It was the best decision we made to do the engagement sitting, as we feel much more comfortable for the wedding now. I would recommend Hawk Photography to anyone looking for an easy going, talented and experienced photographer! We are so pleased to know that we could not have chosen a better photographer for our wedding day. We cant wait to see what our wedding photos will look like!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Megan J

We used Hawk Photography for our wedding on June 24, 2017 and for our engagement photos in October of 2016. Working with Daryl was easy and stress-free. He worked with our budget, included the engagement session and kept in touch with me throughout the entire process. The day of... Read More our wedding, Shawn James was our photographer and she was amazing, prompt and easy to work with as we had a long list of family photos that needed all kinds of variations! She was calm, collective and every where she needed to be. I believe she probably got every guest in at least one shot and I am super pleased with hiring Hawk Photography and having Shawn on our special day!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Sarah L

Daryl and his associate John from Hawk Photography were fantastic. Accommodating when I had any questions or concerns, easy to get in contact with, and extremely friendly. Clearly a passion for their work. The day of my wedding I was very nervous and not exactly sure what I... Read More wanted as far as pictures go. John was able to make me comfortable and come up with creative shots. We had a wonderful time!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Paige S

I have had a wonderful experience with Hawk photography! We were so pleased with our engagement photos and can't wait to see the final product of our wedding photos. We got married two weeks ago and our photographer Mike was on time and in the thick of the action getting all... Read More the good shots! He called me about a week beforehand to confirm everything. My mind was really set at ease knowing we were in good hands. I told him about a few people that I wanted special pictures of and he made sure to get all those shots. There are so many stressful things about weddings, don't let the photographer be one of them. Go with Hawk and his team!

Reviewed on 7/08/2017 Idaluz C

Our wedding memories were made treasures thanks to the photography of Darrell Hawk and Videography of Andre from the Studio of Hawk Photography. Andre made sure to get excellent video of moments pre-ceremony, ceremony and reception (garter toss and more) He even interviewed our... Read More friends and family and especially our grandparents to have excellent wedding memories of them in our DVDs. Darrell was excellent by staying with me to make sure I got all the photos i had on my list without feeling in the way. He also made sure I got portraits with our family members as my husband and I greeted our guests. Everything turned out perfect, thanks Hawk Photography!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Katherine K

Take this from a bride whose main concern was finding a photographer who could capture our night, our love, our family, and our friends…call Mr. Daryl Hawk! From our initial phone call, and throughout the entire process, he made me feel comfortable, especially when I was unsure... Read More of prices. He made a custom package for us that suited our needs perfectly. At the wedding, Daryl and Carlos San Martino (the videographer) created a nice balance between taking our portraits and family photos, and then taking natural photos throughout the evening hours. They are both extremely kind, easy to work with, and affordable. Though our wedding was just last week, I was able to see some of the photos. They are absolutely amazing and stunning. You will not be disappointed if you choose Hawk photography, from one bride to another ☺

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Briana S

Both my fiancé and I absolutely loved Daryl from Hawk Photography. We already booked him for our wedding and recently had our engagement photos taken. The photos were gorgeous. We took them at his home in Wilton, there were plenty of photo opportunities throughout the lawn,... Read More including a water feature and tons of colorful flowers. The best part of all was all the natural lighting used. Daryl knows exactly how to take a picture to make both of us photogenic, my fiancé almost did not believe that he could look that good in a picture. The atmosphere was really relaxed and we truly appreciated all the help Daryl provided in giving directions so that out best faces were put forward. We cannot wait to cherish these pictures for years to come. If you want gorgeous pictures taken in a relaxed atmosphere I really recommend booking with Hawk Photography!

Daryl Hawk

I decided to become a wedding photographer simply because I love telling stories with my camera and capturing the loving moments, the smiles, the laughter of a couple’s special day. It is a privilege to witness a wedding day unfold before me… from the anticipation of the bride or groom getting ready, to the moment when the couple first sees each other, to the final good-byes.