Serving CT brides for more than 30 years

Hawk Photography will photograph your wedding with a unique, natural storytelling style that has become our trademark! We offer the perfect blend of photojournalism and traditional pictures to capture the essence of your special day. Hawk Photography recently won three most prestigious awards for a wedding photography studio, the 2016 Best of The Knot award, the 2016 WeddingWire Couples Choice Award and the WeddingWire Black Badge Award for 100+ 5 star reviews..

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Photo + Video

Reviewed on 7/24/2016

When my husband and I began planning our wedding, I was initially dismayed when I began investing wedding photographers as most of the places I found seemed to only do “big” packages. We didn’t want 8 hours of photography for our small, family wedding (only about 30 guests). I... Read More was thrilled to find Hawk Photography. Daryl was immediately responsive to my email query and followed up with a phone conversation. He worked with me to develop a 3-hour package—on a holiday weekend, no less—that was exactly what I wanted: formal portraits, candid shots of our guests, and the beautiful venue (Bee and Thistle Inn and Spa) where we had our wedding. Throughout the process—from making the reservation to our engagement photos to the wedding to sending us a CD with all our photos—Daryl was a pleasure to work with. He was unfailingly quick to respond to email/phone queries, professional in his communication, and he made some great suggestions regarding the day of timeline. We were thrilled to get our photos just two weeks after the wedding, and even more thrilled by the photos themselves: Daryl did a beautiful job capturing our day and we’ve gotten tons of compliments on the amazing pictures. I would happily recommend Hawk Photography!

2016-10-21T07:45:01 Response from the vendor

I was thrilled to personally be part of your wedding day! I love working with couples to create a perfect package for them that works for their specific needs!

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Samantha T

My husband and I used Hawk photography for our wedding on July 9, 2016 and for our engagement photoshoot that same October. We were happy with Daryl's professionalism and absolutely love our wedding pictures. He captured every tiny detail of our wedding day and was very... Read More accommodating. We had him take a variety of unusual, spontaneous pictures and he was more than willing. Definitely top notch!

2016-12-18T08:47:42 Response from the vendor

I was so pleased to be part of your special day. It was an honor to be there and I wish you the very best.

Reviewed on 7/24/2016

My husband and I got married July 1, 2016 and we hired Hawk Photography as both our photographer and videographer. From the day we met Daryl we knew we had made the right choice. Our photographer and videographer were amazing! They captured everything we wanted on our... Read More special day. Even though we had a bought of rain our photographer still captured every shot perfectly. If your looking for an excellent photographer that will capture your day from your ceremony to the dance party afterwards, choose Hawk Photography.

2016-12-18T08:48:52 Response from the vendor

I am so pleased that, despite some uncooperative weather!, we were able to capture the special moments on your wedding day. It was a pleasure to work with you.

Reviewed on 3/21/2017 Thomas M

Hawk Photography did an excellent job with our our engagement sitting photos! The photos came out wonderful and the site were we took the photos was beautiful. We are so happy and excited to have him as our photographer. It is going to be a pleasure and an all around great... Read More experience to have him in our wedding!

Reviewed on 3/21/2017 Suzanne O

This past weekend, my fiancé and I had our Engagement Photo Session with Hawk Photography. We worked with Daryl. He was amazing! We have never had professional photos taken before so we were a little nervous and unfamiliar on what to do. Daryl made it fun and very comfortable... Read More for us. He took the time to explain the process, what he wanted to capture, and even showed us some photos throughout the process (in case there was anything we liked, didn't like or wanted to change). We had such an enjoyable experience! After our photos were taken, Daryl gave us a chance to see them. We were amazed how beautiful they all came out, it was hard to pick a favorite! We cannot wait to display our engagement photos at our wedding. If you're looking for a professional photographer that will capture beautiful and quality photographs, we highly recommend Hawk Photography!

Reviewed on 3/03/2017 Ieshia S

Gorgeous photos and very professional with a beautiful site. I must say I'm thrilled with quality of pictures though. Amazing work. I would choose again. I alsp referred my co-worker who gets married soon. Thanks for the lovely pbotos

2017-03-21T05:58:34 Response from the vendor

We are thrilled that this client loves her photos and will be excited to perhaps photograph her co-workers wedding...referrals by happy clients make us so pleased!!

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Luz L

Hawk photography captured our love so perfectly in our engagement sitting that we purchased them all. I can't wait for our wedding to see our story book. Daryl and his wife are very personable and professional you will not be disappointed. They made a package that fit our budget... Read More and time schedule. Daryl's communication of emails and phone calls makes this process so much easier. I'm so happy my fiancé and I chose Hawk Photography.

2017-03-21T06:01:44 Response from the vendor

We are excited to be part of this couple's special day and were so happy we could create a perfect package for them...we love making this process go smoothly for our clients and can't wait to witness their love on their wedding day!

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Lisa C

Daryl and his team are absolutely amazing. I chose Hawk photography to do my wedding photos and video. I met Daryl at a bridal show and immediately I had a good feeling. Through the planning process Daryl was so helpful and attentive. He was always there to answer any question... Read More I had and help with anything I needed along the way. He helped creat the perfect package for us, he really cared about what we wanted and delivering it to us. On my wedding day Daryl, John and Frank shot for us. They were all great and so talented. From beginning to end these guys were great. From customer service, pricing, professionalism, sand style these guys are awesome. Daryl I can't thank you and your team enough for helping make our day so great and capturing every memory and moment I will never forget!

Reviewed on 2/26/2017 Kristin L

Hawk photography did a great job capturing everything from our engagement to our wedding. We had amazing pictures taken at a beach in CT in Dec where we made it in time for great sunset photos. I have gotten many compliments on the pictures. Also, I received the pictures just a... Read More few weeks after the wedding as well which was really nice since the amazing day was still fresh in our heads. I would highly recommend Daryl and team!

Reviewed on 2/20/2017 Joanne C

*** BE WARNED PEOPLE*** Do not use Hawk Photography !!! You never get to meet your photographer until the day of. He NEVER photography his own wedding, he ONLY uses sub contractors, our photography was great, however if I knew I would be paying Hawk to pay someone else for... Read More the wedding, I would go directly to that person instead of him! It has been hell working with such a disorganized man and on my wedding day you should not be the one figuring out all of the details for the price you pay. I will NEVER use him again, he is nothing more than a crook!

2017-02-21T05:54:01 Response from the vendor

We are thrilled that this client loves her photographs but we are sorry she was at all disappointed with our studio. We are always happy to work with a bride to make sure she is completely satisfied. While we do have a small team of... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Monica T

Having had a wedding in January, Daryl went above and beyond to capture every moment of our wedding, both indoor and out. Whether standing in a foot and a half of snow for our engagement photos or in 30 degree winds for our wedding, Daryl was game and helped to make sure my... Read More husband and I got every shot we wanted. I couldn't be happier with Hawk Photography and Video!! Right up to the day of our wedding, both Daryl and Andre walked us through the details of the day and helped us feel at ease that each and every moment would be captured. The one thing that stood out to me after having had been to numerous weddings was that both Daryl and Andre were not over bearing and respectful when capturing our day. I have been to weddings where the photographer would weave in and out of the bridal party during the ceremony or stand between the bride and groom during their vows. I never felt like they were taking away from the intimacy of our ceremony or reception and could not respect them more for that. I will be recommending Hawk Photography to my family and friends!!

Reviewed on 2/05/2017 Rijoy A

Thank you for the great memories!!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Courtney R

Richard and Glenn were amazing!! So attentive!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Adriana &

We booked Hawk Photography for our wedding on August 28 2016. We and our families and our bridal party are disappointed by the experience on the day. The photos themselves, are of beautiful clarity and colour. In our first meeting with Daryl Hawk I asked, Will you tell us what... Read More to do? We don't know what to do. Will you pose us? The answer had been, Absolutely, yes! We will take care of you! This is not what happened. The problem is that there is only 1 style of photo - up close, standing and looking at the camera. For my husband and I and for our bridal party photos, there was no direction, no movement, no posing. A Wedding photographer's job is to create the photographic story and to create the images for the fairytale of the day. They should be up to date with current wedding photo trends, they should be the artist and Daryl was not the artist. Daryl should have told me to straighten my arm and hold my flowers low instead of clutching them high so that you can’t see the details on the front of my dress, in ALL of my photos with my flowers. The comment from our bridal party is "we were waiting for more". I have only 1 style photo of my maid of honor and I. Us standing next to eachother and looking at the camera. There was no playful photos of the groomsmen, nor the bridesmaids, no pictures of our hands and our new rings, no romantic poses of us laughing or kissing or embracing. No photos of me surrounded by my bridesmaids amongst the gardens, no photos of my husband joking and laughing with his groomsmen. No detailed photos of my dress sparkling in the sunshine. We were not posed in various positions to create romantic images. We were either standing and looking at the camera or looking at eachother. We were waiting for instructions. After all, that is why we hired a wedding photographer and not just a friend who would only point and shoot. Since the outdoor photos were with the bright sun shining directly into everyone's eyes, it is amazing that we do have some lovely portraits of us and of our bridal party but that is all and frankly it is not good enough.

2016-10-18T06:47:46 Response from the vendor

We always appreciate our clients' input and I am pleased that this bride says that the photos are beautiful. I felt that I had a great rapport with this couple and I really enjoyed being part of their special day. Sometime there are time constraints... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Megan M

As most Brides know, the photographer is very important. My groom and I searched through many photographers. We were so happy to have found Hawk Photography. Daryl was very professional and very flexible when we first reached out to meet him. Once we agreed upon our package we... Read More arranged for our engagement sitting. We we're so happy with how it turned out and our photos are excellent. Shawn was assigned to do our wedding and she was so patient and friendly and both my groom and I couldn't have been happier. Hawk Photography is a true standout among so many other photographers!

2016-10-21T07:47:27 Response from the vendor

I am so happy you love your photos! Shawn is an amazing person and photographer who has been with me for over 20 years and we were thrilled to be part of your very special day. We wish you many years of happiness!!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Bernadette J

Hawk Photography did an amazing job before, during, and after our wedding! Rocco was AWESOME - he got all of the shots we wanted and was super flexible to grab any extra snaps we decided at the last minute. He was super easy to work with and very professional! Hawk Photography... Read More gave us a great deal and developed a custom package to fit our needs. We are so happy with how the pictures turned out, and we can't wait to get our final albums and prints!

2016-12-18T08:50:14 Response from the vendor

I am so happy you love your photos and it was my pleasure to be able to customize a package that suited you so perfectly. Best wishes for a wonderful life together.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Allyson C

We cannot say enough wonderful things about hawk photography! My husband and I got married on August 6 and let's just say the say was one of the hottest and most humid of the summer! Mike, our photographer, never complained or lost enthusiasm even after taking pictures outside... Read More through the ceremony and for at least another hour after! Our pictures came out beyond gorgeous !if you are looking for an excellent team and beautiful pictures you should book with hawk!

2016-12-18T08:51:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words. We loved being a part of your wedding day, capturing your memories forever. Have a wonderful life together!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Stephanie F

Our Photographer Shaun was very patient and accommodating to our needs and wants. She was able to adjust to the chaotic parts of our wedding. She added to the fun we had and was able to keep command of my fun and crazy family.

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Fernanda C

Hawk photography was amazing. My husband and I started our search for photographers in May for our wedding in September… we were not even considering engagement pictures but Daryl offered us a package that just made us really happy. In July we went to visit his studio (a... Read More beautiful place) and had our engagement pictures taken. On September 18th (our wedding day) John came and he was as awesome as Daryl. He was really helpful, easy to work with and also fun. He took so many stunning pictures that now I can see it in their blog. Thank you Hawk Photography!!!

2016-12-18T08:52:58 Response from the vendor

John loved being with you on your wedding day and I am thrilled you enjoyed having him there. I look forward to staying in touch and being updated on where life takes you!

Reviewed on 9/30/2016 Siara S

Not only was Daryl very nice but he worked me while my husband was deployed. His prices were great and the pictures came out beautifully. Thank you Daryl!

2016-12-18T08:53:58 Response from the vendor

I am glad you love your photos and it was an honor to work with you while your husband was serving our country. Thank YOU!

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Dannalyn V

Daryl is just good people. He's very kind, respectful, and dedicated. I have just received my pictures to find it very easy to relive me and my husbands special day. Love my pictures and love the professionalism and he was super fun at the wedding!

2016-12-18T08:55:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much. Your comments mean the world to me...I REALLY do love being there to witness a couple's love and commitment to each other.

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Alison T

Thank you, Daryl.

2016-09-23T07:19:09 Response from the vendor

You are welcome!

Reviewed on 9/13/2016

Our wedding was on August 27, 2016 on private property. Daryl Hawk was great to work with leading up to our big day. We spoke on the phone multiple times and he was always quick to respond by email. My husband and I were watching costs while planning the wedding and Daryl was... Read More very willing to work within our budget. On the wedding day our photographer was John Munno. He was high energy for the entire wedding and reception! He did a great job coordinating our family and friends and made sure we got pictures with every group we wanted. When I received the four CD’s of pictures just one week after the wedding my husband and I were ecstatic with how the pictures looked. It was a hot summer day so I was nervously waiting to see how the pictures would turn out but we were both very happy. I will be recommending Daryl Hawk and John Munno to future brides!

2016-12-18T08:56:27 Response from the vendor

I am pleased I was able to create a package that was just right for you! I know John loved being at your wedding - it is always an honor to be with a couple and their families on this very special day.

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Jacqueline L

We had a wonderful experience with Hawk Photography! The photographer, his assistant and videographer were amazing! They are all very efficient and talented, and our pictures are beautiful! I highly recommend Hawk Photography.

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 corrina e

We had some issues with Daryl closer to our wedding date but working with Richard the photographer and Andre the videographer was great! We got some amazing footage with video and we got some amazing photos from Richard and they were both such a pleasure to work with.

Daryl Hawk

I decided to become a wedding photographer simply because I love telling stories with my camera and capturing the loving moments, the smiles, the laughter of a couple’s special day. It is a privilege to witness a wedding day unfold before me… from the anticipation of the bride or groom getting ready, to the moment when the couple first sees each other, to the final good-byes.