Serving CT brides for more than 30 years

Hawk Photography will photograph your wedding with a unique, natural storytelling style that has become our trademark! We offer the perfect blend of photojournalism and traditional pictures to capture the essence of your special day. Hawk Photography recently won three most prestigious awards for a wedding photography studio, the 2016 Best of The Knot award, the 2016 WeddingWire Couples Choice Award and the WeddingWire Black Badge Award for 100+ 5 star reviews..

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Photo + Video

Reviewed on 7/24/2016

When my husband and I began planning our wedding, I was initially dismayed when I began investing wedding photographers as most of the places I found seemed to only do “big” packages. We didn’t want 8 hours of photography for our small, family wedding (only about 30 guests). I... Read More was thrilled to find Hawk Photography. Daryl was immediately responsive to my email query and followed up with a phone conversation. He worked with me to develop a 3-hour package—on a holiday weekend, no less—that was exactly what I wanted: formal portraits, candid shots of our guests, and the beautiful venue (Bee and Thistle Inn and Spa) where we had our wedding. Throughout the process—from making the reservation to our engagement photos to the wedding to sending us a CD with all our photos—Daryl was a pleasure to work with. He was unfailingly quick to respond to email/phone queries, professional in his communication, and he made some great suggestions regarding the day of timeline. We were thrilled to get our photos just two weeks after the wedding, and even more thrilled by the photos themselves: Daryl did a beautiful job capturing our day and we’ve gotten tons of compliments on the amazing pictures. I would happily recommend Hawk Photography!

2016-10-21T07:45:01 Response from the vendor

I was thrilled to personally be part of your wedding day! I love working with couples to create a perfect package for them that works for their specific needs!

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Samantha T

My husband and I used Hawk photography for our wedding on July 9, 2016 and for our engagement photoshoot that same October. We were happy with Daryl's professionalism and absolutely love our wedding pictures. He captured every tiny detail of our wedding day and was very... Read More accommodating. We had him take a variety of unusual, spontaneous pictures and he was more than willing. Definitely top notch!

2016-12-18T08:47:42 Response from the vendor

I was so pleased to be part of your special day. It was an honor to be there and I wish you the very best.

Reviewed on 7/24/2016

My husband and I got married July 1, 2016 and we hired Hawk Photography as both our photographer and videographer. From the day we met Daryl we knew we had made the right choice. Our photographer and videographer were amazing! They captured everything we wanted on our... Read More special day. Even though we had a bought of rain our photographer still captured every shot perfectly. If your looking for an excellent photographer that will capture your day from your ceremony to the dance party afterwards, choose Hawk Photography.

2016-12-18T08:48:52 Response from the vendor

I am so pleased that, despite some uncooperative weather!, we were able to capture the special moments on your wedding day. It was a pleasure to work with you.

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Brittany D

Daryl did a great job with our wedding photography, he arrived on time and paid very close attention to detail. I gave him a list of photos in addition to his photos. He brought the list with him the day of the wedding and reviewed the list to make sure I got the pictures I was... Read More looking for and then some! The pictures came out great and he captured the moments from our wedding that were important to us.

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Tatiana S

My husband and I met Darryl at a bridal show in June of 2016. When we first met with him at his studio, after speaking to him for only a few minutes we knew we had to book him for our photography and video. We had our engagement photos done at his workshop which has a beautiful... Read More outdoor setting. Even though that day in July ended up being probably one of the hottest and most humid days of the year, you would have never known by the way the photos came out, they were beautiful. Since then Darryl did an amazing job responding quickly to any questions that I had. A few weeks before the wedding he contacted me to make sure that I gave him a list of all of my photo must haves and assured me that everything would be taken care of. The day of the wedding, Darryl made sure to get beautiful photos of everything. When I asked him if he could take a photo of something I forgot about he had already gotten the photo. He was great! I would absolutely recommend him over and over again!

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 ROBERTA M

Daryl was very professional. We married off three children and he was the best!

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Megan K

We had Daryl as our photographer and Frank as our videographer and they were both an absolute delight! They were super friendly, knowledgeable, and diligent. We had a great experience with Daryl for our engagement shoot and had so many beautiful photos to choose from. We haven't... Read More seen the final product from the wedding yet as it just happened, but we feel confident they will be wonderful as well. Daryl consistently checked the photos throughout to make sure they were coming out nicely and they were both on point capturing every special moment on our wedding day, whether it was planned or spontaneous. You can easily see the high level of experience and skill they both possess. My husband and I were so incredibly pleased with Hawk Photography and Videography and we would definitely recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Amy D

I had a long search in photographers because I feel this is one of the most important details in a wedding. When meeting with Daryl Hawk,my fiancé and I felt the perfect fit! His storybook concept of picture taking is just right, as we noticed in our recent engagement sitting... Read More with him. He doesn't over play the concept of posing, but more Importantly makes you feel comfortable; and the result was amazing pictures that we will love forever. The experience in this business is evident as he wants to make sure you get everything you want in picture packages. Daryl was more than willing to alter his package deals for us. I couldn't be more thrilled for next October to come so we can work with Hawk Photography again in capturing our love and wedding day. Five stars for Hawk Photography!

Reviewed on 7/21/2017 Mary Ann F

Daryl and his team worked with us, even with the rain. They were patient, and ensured we took the pictures that we wanted on our wedding day. We really enjoyed working with his team.

Reviewed on 7/15/2017 Emily D

My fiance and I booked Daryl as our photographer far in advance of our big day, more than a year. In that time, I of course had several opportunities to experience friends weddings and other events and meet other photographers. As a bride with a long engagement, I have run into... Read More a couple of moments of "did I make the right decision?" Leading up to our engagement sitting, my fiance and I were both nervous and excited as we often don't have professional photography sessions, and I had put a lot on these photos in my mind. Daryl's calm and relaxed energy immediately put me at ease and even got my fiance to loosen up. The grounds surrounding his studio are absolutely beautiful and provided better backdrops for our photos than any location I could have chosen. I was pleased to get a phone call 5 days following our session that our prints were ready. Friends and family instantly fell in love with the photos Daryl took, and so did we! It was the best decision we made to do the engagement sitting, as we feel much more comfortable for the wedding now. I would recommend Hawk Photography to anyone looking for an easy going, talented and experienced photographer! We are so pleased to know that we could not have chosen a better photographer for our wedding day. We cant wait to see what our wedding photos will look like!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Megan J

We used Hawk Photography for our wedding on June 24, 2017 and for our engagement photos in October of 2016. Working with Daryl was easy and stress-free. He worked with our budget, included the engagement session and kept in touch with me throughout the entire process. The day of... Read More our wedding, Shawn James was our photographer and she was amazing, prompt and easy to work with as we had a long list of family photos that needed all kinds of variations! She was calm, collective and every where she needed to be. I believe she probably got every guest in at least one shot and I am super pleased with hiring Hawk Photography and having Shawn on our special day!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Sarah L

Daryl and his associate John from Hawk Photography were fantastic. Accommodating when I had any questions or concerns, easy to get in contact with, and extremely friendly. Clearly a passion for their work. The day of my wedding I was very nervous and not exactly sure what I... Read More wanted as far as pictures go. John was able to make me comfortable and come up with creative shots. We had a wonderful time!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Paige S

I have had a wonderful experience with Hawk photography! We were so pleased with our engagement photos and can't wait to see the final product of our wedding photos. We got married two weeks ago and our photographer Mike was on time and in the thick of the action getting all... Read More the good shots! He called me about a week beforehand to confirm everything. My mind was really set at ease knowing we were in good hands. I told him about a few people that I wanted special pictures of and he made sure to get all those shots. There are so many stressful things about weddings, don't let the photographer be one of them. Go with Hawk and his team!

Reviewed on 7/08/2017 Idaluz C

Our wedding memories were made treasures thanks to the photography of Darrell Hawk and Videography of Andre from the Studio of Hawk Photography. Andre made sure to get excellent video of moments pre-ceremony, ceremony and reception (garter toss and more) He even interviewed our... Read More friends and family and especially our grandparents to have excellent wedding memories of them in our DVDs. Darrell was excellent by staying with me to make sure I got all the photos i had on my list without feeling in the way. He also made sure I got portraits with our family members as my husband and I greeted our guests. Everything turned out perfect, thanks Hawk Photography!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Katherine K

Take this from a bride whose main concern was finding a photographer who could capture our night, our love, our family, and our friends…call Mr. Daryl Hawk! From our initial phone call, and throughout the entire process, he made me feel comfortable, especially when I was unsure... Read More of prices. He made a custom package for us that suited our needs perfectly. At the wedding, Daryl and Carlos San Martino (the videographer) created a nice balance between taking our portraits and family photos, and then taking natural photos throughout the evening hours. They are both extremely kind, easy to work with, and affordable. Though our wedding was just last week, I was able to see some of the photos. They are absolutely amazing and stunning. You will not be disappointed if you choose Hawk photography, from one bride to another ☺

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Briana S

Both my fiancé and I absolutely loved Daryl from Hawk Photography. We already booked him for our wedding and recently had our engagement photos taken. The photos were gorgeous. We took them at his home in Wilton, there were plenty of photo opportunities throughout the lawn,... Read More including a water feature and tons of colorful flowers. The best part of all was all the natural lighting used. Daryl knows exactly how to take a picture to make both of us photogenic, my fiancé almost did not believe that he could look that good in a picture. The atmosphere was really relaxed and we truly appreciated all the help Daryl provided in giving directions so that out best faces were put forward. We cannot wait to cherish these pictures for years to come. If you want gorgeous pictures taken in a relaxed atmosphere I really recommend booking with Hawk Photography!

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Connie H

All I can say is WOW! Daryl was fabulous to work with from our first meeting and through the entire wedding. As this was not a "traditional" wedding, Daryl had the creative genius to "nail it". The portraits and the background he chose were beautiful and everyone couldn't be... Read More happier. I highly recommend Hawk Photography - if I could give them 10 stars, I would.

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Kaylee P

Over the weekend my fiance' and I were lucky enough to do our engagement photos with Daryl at their beautiful studio! The day started off rainy, and we were a little upset but Daryl met us at our car with an umbrella, eager to make our pictures magical despite the weather, and... Read More that's exactly what he did! Our pictures came out wonderful and the rain did clear up and we got beautiful pictures taken on their grounds as well as inside their studio. We fell in love with our pictures and loved that there were many places on the grounds to take pictures. From beginning to end we felt comfortable, relaxed and never rushed. We could not have asked for a better experience!

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Ryan V

Hawk photography was great all around! From the first time we met, Daryl was very personable and accommodating by personalizing a package that worked for our budget. Once we had our engagement sitting in his beautiful gardens, we were sure he would be great for our wedding! The... Read More pictures came out great! On our wedding day, he was very professional, unobtrusive, and efficient. Our ceremony started a little late, but regardless, Daryl was able to get all of our formal portraits done in a timely manner so that we were able to enjoy some of cocktail hour with our guests. He gave excellent direction and was very easy to work with the entire time. We also had a list of informal photos that we wanted to make sure were captured during the reception and Daryl did an excellent job of making sure everyone was where they needed to be so that these could get done quickly so that we could enjoy the reception while he continued to capture candids throughout the night. I would gladly recommend Hawk Photography to all couples!

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Katie D

My fiance Tanner and I are thrilled that we found Daryl Hawk, and Hawk Photography! We are a very laid back couple, and Daryl's extremely calm and kind demeanor sets a mood of comfort and ease. We met him today at his home/studio for our engagement shoot, where his beautifully... Read More landscaped property provides the most amazing natural and organic backdrop. He kept us looped into the process by showing us the shots that really popped, all the while getting to understand who we were as a couple, and the story we want both our engagement, and ultimately, our wedding pictures to tell. He was even so happy to accommodate our quick wardrobe change from smart/casual to heavy metal t-shirts! In looking through the pictures, we so appreciated Daryl giving us time and space to look through photos as a couple, not applying pressure to select any shot in particular. However, he was closely on-hand to answer any questions or lend his expertise. We spent the last portion of our shoot going over the details of our wedding, which doing in person is so preferable. Daryl is charming and has such command of his craft; he's funny and extremely well traveled (we had much to discuss!) We had such a wonderful experience and are so excited that he will be capturing our big day!

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Dan S

It was a pleasure working with Daryl and Hawk Photography for our wedding on June 10, 2017. Daryl was a professional with a clear level of experience that we couldn't find in other photographers. He provided us with a range of options and put together a great package early on so... Read More we knew exactly what we were getting for our wedding day. Our photographer, Nadia, was also fantastic and had tons of great ideas for shots, both candid and portrait, on the day of. She was a lot of fun and easy to work with, and we couldn't recommend her and Hawk Photography more!

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 MaryLynn S

We just had our engagement photos yesterday with Daryl throughout the studio's beautiful grounds and it was such an enjoyable experience. We were also given really good deals on picture packages and Daryl did everything he could to give us what we wanted and kept it within the... Read More budget we told him. I am very happy with their photos and look forward to even more great pictures come the wedding day!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017

Very happy with the photographer, Nadia, who captured my daughter’s bridal shower. It allowed me to enjoy the moment and not worry about capturing it. Hawk Photography was a natural pick because my daughter and now son-in-law hired him for their wedding. Nadia was easy to... Read More work with and was not intrusive. The guests at the bridal shower loved Nadia and thought she did a great job!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Scott M

Hawk photography was a pleasure to work with for our wedding. They were professional and met all of our needs that we desired. He took very good care of us from our 1st appointment, engagement shoot, ceremony, reception, to the edit process of all our pictures. He took his... Read More time to get to know our needs that we needed, and made sure he got all of them done during the reception. He was right there at each key moment of the ceremony and reception. He took some amazing pictures of the sunset and sand shots on the beach. This was a destination wedding for us since we live in Florida, and yet we had no problems communicating with Hawk through email or phone. I highly recommend Hawk Photography for all pictures or video needs.

Daryl Hawk

I decided to become a wedding photographer simply because I love telling stories with my camera and capturing the loving moments, the smiles, the laughter of a couple’s special day. It is a privilege to witness a wedding day unfold before me… from the anticipation of the bride or groom getting ready, to the moment when the couple first sees each other, to the final good-byes.