Serving CT brides for more than 30 years

Hawk Photography will photograph your wedding with a unique, natural storytelling style that has become our trademark! We offer the perfect blend of photojournalism and traditional pictures to capture the essence of your special day. Hawk Photography recently won three most prestigious awards for a wedding photography studio, the 2016 Best of The Knot award, the 2016 WeddingWire Couples Choice Award and the WeddingWire Black Badge Award for 100+ 5 star reviews..

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Photo + Video

Reviewed on 7/24/2016

When my husband and I began planning our wedding, I was initially dismayed when I began investing wedding photographers as most of the places I found seemed to only do “big” packages. We didn’t want 8 hours of photography for our small, family wedding (only about 30 guests). I... Read More was thrilled to find Hawk Photography. Daryl was immediately responsive to my email query and followed up with a phone conversation. He worked with me to develop a 3-hour package—on a holiday weekend, no less—that was exactly what I wanted: formal portraits, candid shots of our guests, and the beautiful venue (Bee and Thistle Inn and Spa) where we had our wedding. Throughout the process—from making the reservation to our engagement photos to the wedding to sending us a CD with all our photos—Daryl was a pleasure to work with. He was unfailingly quick to respond to email/phone queries, professional in his communication, and he made some great suggestions regarding the day of timeline. We were thrilled to get our photos just two weeks after the wedding, and even more thrilled by the photos themselves: Daryl did a beautiful job capturing our day and we’ve gotten tons of compliments on the amazing pictures. I would happily recommend Hawk Photography!

2016-10-21T07:45:01 Response from the vendor

I was thrilled to personally be part of your wedding day! I love working with couples to create a perfect package for them that works for their specific needs!

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Samantha T

My husband and I used Hawk photography for our wedding on July 9, 2016 and for our engagement photoshoot that same October. We were happy with Daryl's professionalism and absolutely love our wedding pictures. He captured every tiny detail of our wedding day and was very... Read More accommodating. We had him take a variety of unusual, spontaneous pictures and he was more than willing. Definitely top notch!

2016-12-18T08:47:42 Response from the vendor

I was so pleased to be part of your special day. It was an honor to be there and I wish you the very best.

Reviewed on 7/24/2016

My husband and I got married July 1, 2016 and we hired Hawk Photography as both our photographer and videographer. From the day we met Daryl we knew we had made the right choice. Our photographer and videographer were amazing! They captured everything we wanted on our... Read More special day. Even though we had a bought of rain our photographer still captured every shot perfectly. If your looking for an excellent photographer that will capture your day from your ceremony to the dance party afterwards, choose Hawk Photography.

2016-12-18T08:48:52 Response from the vendor

I am so pleased that, despite some uncooperative weather!, we were able to capture the special moments on your wedding day. It was a pleasure to work with you.

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 MaryLynn S

We just had our engagement photos yesterday with Daryl throughout the studio's beautiful grounds and it was such an enjoyable experience. We were also given really good deals on picture packages and Daryl did everything he could to give us what we wanted and kept it within the... Read More budget we told him. I am very happy with their photos and look forward to even more great pictures come the wedding day!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017

Very happy with the photographer, Nadia, who captured my daughter’s bridal shower. It allowed me to enjoy the moment and not worry about capturing it. Hawk Photography was a natural pick because my daughter and now son-in-law hired him for their wedding. Nadia was easy to... Read More work with and was not intrusive. The guests at the bridal shower loved Nadia and thought she did a great job!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Scott M

Hawk photography was a pleasure to work with for our wedding. They were professional and met all of our needs that we desired. He took very good care of us from our 1st appointment, engagement shoot, ceremony, reception, to the edit process of all our pictures. He took his... Read More time to get to know our needs that we needed, and made sure he got all of them done during the reception. He was right there at each key moment of the ceremony and reception. He took some amazing pictures of the sunset and sand shots on the beach. This was a destination wedding for us since we live in Florida, and yet we had no problems communicating with Hawk through email or phone. I highly recommend Hawk Photography for all pictures or video needs.

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Rachel S

My fiancé and I are so glad we've chosen Hawk Photography for our wedding photos! Our wedding is a year away and we feel so relieved to have found such a wonderful photographer. Their photography is top of the line at a reasonable price. We were worried about getting all of our... Read More photo needs in our limited budget, but Hawk Photography worked out a package that we were so happy with. It includes everything we would want for our wedding day in our budget. We highly recommend using Hawk Photography, even if it may at first seem above your price range! They are very flexible and willing to work within your budget. There is no better deal for wedding photographers in CT!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Toni H

My experience with Hawk Photography has been an excellent one thus far. Daryl connected with me on several occasions, providing me with all the details I needed to make my decision to work with them. He has been tremendously professional, eager to hear my suggests and feedback... Read More and overall his work is beyond AMAZING. We had our engagement sitting with Daryl 6/4/17 and received our images within a week. I was blown away at how beautiful the images were! The quality was definitely top of the line and I was more than happy with the final results. We are looking forward to continue working with Daryl until our wedding day in May. Even though he is affordably priced, quality is definitely not sacrificed. You will be happy you hired Hawk Photography.

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Roberta M

Hawk Photography took fantastic engagement pictures on his grounds. The poses were perfect . My two other children had wedding pictures taken by different photographers that were good but these were the best I have ever seen . I love them.

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Erik R

Do notttt choose Daryl Hawk from CT as your photographer!!! If I could give Daryl Hawk a rating below zero I would. Not only is he overcharged, but he is overrated. Some of the pictures in his photo albums/ portfolios were not even all taken by him but his colleagues! He is... Read More very good at swindling people and telling them what they want to hear. Great at making promises, but not keeping them. He has a nice backyard, but engagement pictures were in his backyard (you have no choices or options to have taken anywhere else). He had told and promised me and my fiancé that he was going to be our photographer for our wedding day. As if planning a wedding is not stressful enough, a week prior to our BIG day, Daryl told us he had another wedding the same day and he wasn't going to be able to photograph our wedding so he was just going to have a colleague be the photographer for us, without our consent!!!!!. He double booked and just assumed as long as he found coverage that was acceptable, which is not. We never even met the person/colleague that he was going to have at our wedding. So he tried to pawn us off for his mistakes with no apology, and he acted like it was no big deal . After confronting him and letting him know how upset we were and disappointed he finally agreed (again) to be our photographer (which he formerly promised from the beginning). Thinking everything was resolved by the day of the wedding, he had the audacity to leave an HOUR early to go to his other "gig "/photo shoot!!! Because he left early we missed a lot of memories that could've been captured by film, for example- my fiancé suprised me and took the microphone and sang to me that last hour, and I decided to sing him a song as well. So thanks to this terrible man we did not get any pictures of those moments. Also, we did not get pictures of us leaving the wedding/ departure as our family and friends blew bubbles our way as we walked to our decorated "just married" car. Lasttttttt straw with this man is when it took well over a year to get/receive our photo album. He was paid in advance, by the day of our wedding (he makes you) so he is under no obligation to hurry. Absolutely horrible treatment and service !!!!!! A lot of phone tag's and emails were exchanged in attempts to obtain the photo album, and he did not respond in a timely manner. So many other, better and worthy photographers are out there, and if we could turn back time and pick someone else wewould have. I would not have even wasted my breath to make a phone call to him in the first place. Had Daryl not been our photographer, me and my fiancé would have been saved by much unnecessary aggravation and money that we thought was wasted on him. Please do yourself a favor-don't even waste your time to speak or meet with this man . Even if he promises you a great deal… This is his way of suckering you in. He is good at talking but his actions speak louder than words in long run. He also adds extra fees that he does not make you aware of at first. Spare yourself – I speak from experience. I do not like to speak ill or bad things of people, and I never write anyyyy reviews, but if I could save someone else from making the same mistake i did, which was hiring this man-Daryl Hawk,I look at that as helping someone from making the mistake that I did. If you are looking for a photographer, I would suggest looking and shopping around for someone else because he was soooooooo not worth it!!!!!!

2017-06-11T07:08:33 Response from the vendor

While we always appreciate constructive criticism from real clients, unfortunately because this is an anonymous reviewer we have no way of knowing if this is someone who really did use our studio. We will, however, address a couple of these points. We always tell our... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Lakeysha R

I really enjoyed our engagement setting, Darryl really made us feel comfortable and directed us so that all the shots would be perfect. We can not wait for our special day, so our story book love will come to life! The atmosphere and professionalism was awesome.

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Kristin G

Everything was so perfect and we couldn't have been more happy. Sean was absolutely wonderful! Myself and my husband, and all my family and friends can't stop talking about how great she was the whole day. She was very helpful and kind and was an absolute pleasure to work with.... Read More Carlo was also amazing, was very kind and made us feel so comfortable throughout the whole day! And the photo booth was the hit of the wedding! Our guests had an amazing time! Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 3/21/2017 Thomas M

Hawk Photography did an excellent job with our our engagement sitting photos! The photos came out wonderful and the site were we took the photos was beautiful. We are so happy and excited to have him as our photographer. It is going to be a pleasure and an all around great... Read More experience to have him in our wedding!

Reviewed on 3/21/2017 Suzanne O

This past weekend, my fiancé and I had our Engagement Photo Session with Hawk Photography. We worked with Daryl. He was amazing! We have never had professional photos taken before so we were a little nervous and unfamiliar on what to do. Daryl made it fun and very comfortable... Read More for us. He took the time to explain the process, what he wanted to capture, and even showed us some photos throughout the process (in case there was anything we liked, didn't like or wanted to change). We had such an enjoyable experience! After our photos were taken, Daryl gave us a chance to see them. We were amazed how beautiful they all came out, it was hard to pick a favorite! We cannot wait to display our engagement photos at our wedding. If you're looking for a professional photographer that will capture beautiful and quality photographs, we highly recommend Hawk Photography!

Reviewed on 3/03/2017 Ieshia S

Gorgeous photos and very professional with a beautiful site. I must say I'm thrilled with quality of pictures though. Amazing work. I would choose again. I alsp referred my co-worker who gets married soon. Thanks for the lovely pbotos

2017-03-21T05:58:34 Response from the vendor

We are thrilled that this client loves her photos and will be excited to perhaps photograph her co-workers wedding...referrals by happy clients make us so pleased!!

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Luz L

My photographer John was amazing very attentive to detail and what my husband and I wanted. Our photos came out amazing and we will recommend Hawk Photography to anyone. Daryl Hawk is awesome always communicating with you so your never left in the dark. Thank you!

2017-03-21T06:01:44 Response from the vendor

We are excited to be part of this couple's special day and were so happy we could create a perfect package for them...we love making this process go smoothly for our clients and can't wait to witness their love on their wedding day!

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Lisa C

Daryl and his team are absolutely amazing. I chose Hawk photography to do my wedding photos and video. I met Daryl at a bridal show and immediately I had a good feeling. Through the planning process Daryl was so helpful and attentive. He was always there to answer any question... Read More I had and help with anything I needed along the way. He helped creat the perfect package for us, he really cared about what we wanted and delivering it to us. On my wedding day Daryl, John and Frank shot for us. They were all great and so talented. From beginning to end these guys were great. From customer service, pricing, professionalism, sand style these guys are awesome. Daryl I can't thank you and your team enough for helping make our day so great and capturing every memory and moment I will never forget!

Reviewed on 2/26/2017 Kristin L

Hawk photography did a great job capturing everything from our engagement to our wedding. We had amazing pictures taken at a beach in CT in Dec where we made it in time for great sunset photos. I have gotten many compliments on the pictures. Also, I received the pictures just a... Read More few weeks after the wedding as well which was really nice since the amazing day was still fresh in our heads. I would highly recommend Daryl and team!

Reviewed on 2/20/2017 Joanne C

*** BE WARNED PEOPLE*** Do not use Hawk Photography !!! You never get to meet your photographer until the day of. He NEVER photography his own wedding, he ONLY uses sub contractors, our photography was great, however if I knew I would be paying Hawk to pay someone else for... Read More the wedding, I would go directly to that person instead of him! It has been hell working with such a disorganized man and on my wedding day you should not be the one figuring out all of the details for the price you pay. I will NEVER use him again, he is nothing more than a crook!

2017-02-21T05:54:01 Response from the vendor

We are thrilled that this client loves her photographs but we are sorry she was at all disappointed with our studio. We are always happy to work with a bride to make sure she is completely satisfied. While we do have a small team of... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Monica T

Having had a wedding in January, Daryl went above and beyond to capture every moment of our wedding, both indoor and out. Whether standing in a foot and a half of snow for our engagement photos or in 30 degree winds for our wedding, Daryl was game and helped to make sure my... Read More husband and I got every shot we wanted. I couldn't be happier with Hawk Photography and Video!! Right up to the day of our wedding, both Daryl and Andre walked us through the details of the day and helped us feel at ease that each and every moment would be captured. The one thing that stood out to me after having had been to numerous weddings was that both Daryl and Andre were not over bearing and respectful when capturing our day. I have been to weddings where the photographer would weave in and out of the bridal party during the ceremony or stand between the bride and groom during their vows. I never felt like they were taking away from the intimacy of our ceremony or reception and could not respect them more for that. I will be recommending Hawk Photography to my family and friends!!

Reviewed on 2/05/2017 Rijoy A

Thank you for the great memories!!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Courtney R

Richard and Glenn were amazing!! So attentive!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Adriana &

We booked Hawk Photography for our wedding on August 28 2016. We and our families and our bridal party are disappointed by the experience on the day. The photos themselves, are of beautiful clarity and colour. In our first meeting with Daryl Hawk I asked, Will you tell us what... Read More to do? We don't know what to do. Will you pose us? The answer had been, Absolutely, yes! We will take care of you! This is not what happened. The problem is that there is only 1 style of photo - up close, standing and looking at the camera. For my husband and I and for our bridal party photos, there was no direction, no movement, no posing. A Wedding photographer's job is to create the photographic story and to create the images for the fairytale of the day. They should be up to date with current wedding photo trends, they should be the artist and Daryl was not the artist. Daryl should have told me to straighten my arm and hold my flowers low instead of clutching them high so that you can’t see the details on the front of my dress, in ALL of my photos with my flowers. The comment from our bridal party is "we were waiting for more". I have only 1 style photo of my maid of honor and I. Us standing next to eachother and looking at the camera. There was no playful photos of the groomsmen, nor the bridesmaids, no pictures of our hands and our new rings, no romantic poses of us laughing or kissing or embracing. No photos of me surrounded by my bridesmaids amongst the gardens, no photos of my husband joking and laughing with his groomsmen. No detailed photos of my dress sparkling in the sunshine. We were not posed in various positions to create romantic images. We were either standing and looking at the camera or looking at eachother. We were waiting for instructions. After all, that is why we hired a wedding photographer and not just a friend who would only point and shoot. Since the outdoor photos were with the bright sun shining directly into everyone's eyes, it is amazing that we do have some lovely portraits of us and of our bridal party but that is all and frankly it is not good enough.

2016-10-18T06:47:46 Response from the vendor

We always appreciate our clients' input and I am pleased that this bride says that the photos are beautiful. I felt that I had a great rapport with this couple and I really enjoyed being part of their special day. Sometime there are time constraints... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Megan M

As most Brides know, the photographer is very important. My groom and I searched through many photographers. We were so happy to have found Hawk Photography. Daryl was very professional and very flexible when we first reached out to meet him. Once we agreed upon our package we... Read More arranged for our engagement sitting. We we're so happy with how it turned out and our photos are excellent. Shawn was assigned to do our wedding and she was so patient and friendly and both my groom and I couldn't have been happier. Hawk Photography is a true standout among so many other photographers!

2016-10-21T07:47:27 Response from the vendor

I am so happy you love your photos! Shawn is an amazing person and photographer who has been with me for over 20 years and we were thrilled to be part of your very special day. We wish you many years of happiness!!

Daryl Hawk

I decided to become a wedding photographer simply because I love telling stories with my camera and capturing the loving moments, the smiles, the laughter of a couple’s special day. It is a privilege to witness a wedding day unfold before me… from the anticipation of the bride or groom getting ready, to the moment when the couple first sees each other, to the final good-byes.