Serving CT brides for more than 30 years

Hawk Photography will photograph your wedding with a unique, natural storytelling style that has become our trademark! We offer the perfect blend of photojournalism and traditional pictures to capture the essence of your special day. Hawk Photography recently won three most prestigious awards for a wedding photography studio, the 2016 Best of The Knot award, the 2016 WeddingWire Couples Choice Award and the WeddingWire Black Badge Award for 100+ 5 star reviews..

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Photo + Video

Reviewed on 7/24/2016

When my husband and I began planning our wedding, I was initially dismayed when I began investing wedding photographers as most of the places I found seemed to only do “big” packages. We didn’t want 8 hours of photography for our small, family wedding (only about 30 guests). I... Read More was thrilled to find Hawk Photography. Daryl was immediately responsive to my email query and followed up with a phone conversation. He worked with me to develop a 3-hour package—on a holiday weekend, no less—that was exactly what I wanted: formal portraits, candid shots of our guests, and the beautiful venue (Bee and Thistle Inn and Spa) where we had our wedding. Throughout the process—from making the reservation to our engagement photos to the wedding to sending us a CD with all our photos—Daryl was a pleasure to work with. He was unfailingly quick to respond to email/phone queries, professional in his communication, and he made some great suggestions regarding the day of timeline. We were thrilled to get our photos just two weeks after the wedding, and even more thrilled by the photos themselves: Daryl did a beautiful job capturing our day and we’ve gotten tons of compliments on the amazing pictures. I would happily recommend Hawk Photography!

2016-10-21T07:45:01 Response from the vendor

I was thrilled to personally be part of your wedding day! I love working with couples to create a perfect package for them that works for their specific needs!

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Samantha T

My husband and I used Hawk photography for our wedding on July 9, 2016 and for our engagement photoshoot that same October. We were happy with Daryl's professionalism and absolutely love our wedding pictures. He captured every tiny detail of our wedding day and was very... Read More accommodating. We had him take a variety of unusual, spontaneous pictures and he was more than willing. Definitely top notch!

2016-12-18T08:47:42 Response from the vendor

I was so pleased to be part of your special day. It was an honor to be there and I wish you the very best.

Reviewed on 7/24/2016

My husband and I got married July 1, 2016 and we hired Hawk Photography as both our photographer and videographer. From the day we met Daryl we knew we had made the right choice. Our photographer and videographer were amazing! They captured everything we wanted on our... Read More special day. Even though we had a bought of rain our photographer still captured every shot perfectly. If your looking for an excellent photographer that will capture your day from your ceremony to the dance party afterwards, choose Hawk Photography.

2016-12-18T08:48:52 Response from the vendor

I am so pleased that, despite some uncooperative weather!, we were able to capture the special moments on your wedding day. It was a pleasure to work with you.

Reviewed on 7/15/2017 Emily D

My fiance and I booked Daryl as our photographer far in advance of our big day, more than a year. In that time, I of course had several opportunities to experience friends weddings and other events and meet other photographers. As a bride with a long engagement, I have run into... Read More a couple of moments of "did I make the right decision?" Leading up to our engagement sitting, my fiance and I were both nervous and excited as we often don't have professional photography sessions, and I had put a lot on these photos in my mind. Daryl's calm and relaxed energy immediately put me at ease and even got my fiance to loosen up. The grounds surrounding his studio are absolutely beautiful and provided better backdrops for our photos than any location I could have chosen. I was pleased to get a phone call 5 days following our session that our prints were ready. Friends and family instantly fell in love with the photos Daryl took, and so did we! It was the best decision we made to do the engagement sitting, as we feel much more comfortable for the wedding now. I would recommend Hawk Photography to anyone looking for an easy going, talented and experienced photographer! We are so pleased to know that we could not have chosen a better photographer for our wedding day. We cant wait to see what our wedding photos will look like!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Megan J

We used Hawk Photography for our wedding on June 24, 2017 and for our engagement photos in October of 2016. Working with Daryl was easy and stress-free. He worked with our budget, included the engagement session and kept in touch with me throughout the entire process. The day of... Read More our wedding, Shawn James was our photographer and she was amazing, prompt and easy to work with as we had a long list of family photos that needed all kinds of variations! She was calm, collective and every where she needed to be. I believe she probably got every guest in at least one shot and I am super pleased with hiring Hawk Photography and having Shawn on our special day!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Sarah L

Daryl and his associate John from Hawk Photography were fantastic. Accommodating when I had any questions or concerns, easy to get in contact with, and extremely friendly. Clearly a passion for their work. The day of my wedding I was very nervous and not exactly sure what I... Read More wanted as far as pictures go. John was able to make me comfortable and come up with creative shots. We had a wonderful time!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Paige S

I have had a wonderful experience with Hawk photography! We were so pleased with our engagement photos and can't wait to see the final product of our wedding photos. We got married two weeks ago and our photographer Mike was on time and in the thick of the action getting all... Read More the good shots! He called me about a week beforehand to confirm everything. My mind was really set at ease knowing we were in good hands. I told him about a few people that I wanted special pictures of and he made sure to get all those shots. There are so many stressful things about weddings, don't let the photographer be one of them. Go with Hawk and his team!

Reviewed on 7/08/2017 Idaluz C

Our wedding memories were made treasures thanks to the photography of Darrell Hawk and Videography of Andre from the Studio of Hawk Photography. Andre made sure to get excellent video of moments pre-ceremony, ceremony and reception (garter toss and more) He even interviewed our... Read More friends and family and especially our grandparents to have excellent wedding memories of them in our DVDs. Darrell was excellent by staying with me to make sure I got all the photos i had on my list without feeling in the way. He also made sure I got portraits with our family members as my husband and I greeted our guests. Everything turned out perfect, thanks Hawk Photography!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Katherine K

Take this from a bride whose main concern was finding a photographer who could capture our night, our love, our family, and our friends…call Mr. Daryl Hawk! From our initial phone call, and throughout the entire process, he made me feel comfortable, especially when I was unsure... Read More of prices. He made a custom package for us that suited our needs perfectly. At the wedding, Daryl and Carlos San Martino (the videographer) created a nice balance between taking our portraits and family photos, and then taking natural photos throughout the evening hours. They are both extremely kind, easy to work with, and affordable. Though our wedding was just last week, I was able to see some of the photos. They are absolutely amazing and stunning. You will not be disappointed if you choose Hawk photography, from one bride to another ☺

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Briana S

Both my fiancé and I absolutely loved Daryl from Hawk Photography. We already booked him for our wedding and recently had our engagement photos taken. The photos were gorgeous. We took them at his home in Wilton, there were plenty of photo opportunities throughout the lawn,... Read More including a water feature and tons of colorful flowers. The best part of all was all the natural lighting used. Daryl knows exactly how to take a picture to make both of us photogenic, my fiancé almost did not believe that he could look that good in a picture. The atmosphere was really relaxed and we truly appreciated all the help Daryl provided in giving directions so that out best faces were put forward. We cannot wait to cherish these pictures for years to come. If you want gorgeous pictures taken in a relaxed atmosphere I really recommend booking with Hawk Photography!

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Connie H

All I can say is WOW! Daryl was fabulous to work with from our first meeting and through the entire wedding. As this was not a "traditional" wedding, Daryl had the creative genius to "nail it". The portraits and the background he chose were beautiful and everyone couldn't be... Read More happier. I highly recommend Hawk Photography - if I could give them 10 stars, I would.

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Kaylee P

Over the weekend my fiance' and I were lucky enough to do our engagement photos with Daryl at their beautiful studio! The day started off rainy, and we were a little upset but Daryl met us at our car with an umbrella, eager to make our pictures magical despite the weather, and... Read More that's exactly what he did! Our pictures came out wonderful and the rain did clear up and we got beautiful pictures taken on their grounds as well as inside their studio. We fell in love with our pictures and loved that there were many places on the grounds to take pictures. From beginning to end we felt comfortable, relaxed and never rushed. We could not have asked for a better experience!

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Ryan V

Hawk photography was great all around! From the first time we met, Daryl was very personable and accommodating by personalizing a package that worked for our budget. Once we had our engagement sitting in his beautiful gardens, we were sure he would be great for our wedding! The... Read More pictures came out great! On our wedding day, he was very professional, unobtrusive, and efficient. Our ceremony started a little late, but regardless, Daryl was able to get all of our formal portraits done in a timely manner so that we were able to enjoy some of cocktail hour with our guests. He gave excellent direction and was very easy to work with the entire time. We also had a list of informal photos that we wanted to make sure were captured during the reception and Daryl did an excellent job of making sure everyone was where they needed to be so that these could get done quickly so that we could enjoy the reception while he continued to capture candids throughout the night. I would gladly recommend Hawk Photography to all couples!

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Katie D

My fiance Tanner and I are thrilled that we found Daryl Hawk, and Hawk Photography! We are a very laid back couple, and Daryl's extremely calm and kind demeanor sets a mood of comfort and ease. We met him today at his home/studio for our engagement shoot, where his beautifully... Read More landscaped property provides the most amazing natural and organic backdrop. He kept us looped into the process by showing us the shots that really popped, all the while getting to understand who we were as a couple, and the story we want both our engagement, and ultimately, our wedding pictures to tell. He was even so happy to accommodate our quick wardrobe change from smart/casual to heavy metal t-shirts! In looking through the pictures, we so appreciated Daryl giving us time and space to look through photos as a couple, not applying pressure to select any shot in particular. However, he was closely on-hand to answer any questions or lend his expertise. We spent the last portion of our shoot going over the details of our wedding, which doing in person is so preferable. Daryl is charming and has such command of his craft; he's funny and extremely well traveled (we had much to discuss!) We had such a wonderful experience and are so excited that he will be capturing our big day!

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Dan S

It was a pleasure working with Daryl and Hawk Photography for our wedding on June 10, 2017. Daryl was a professional with a clear level of experience that we couldn't find in other photographers. He provided us with a range of options and put together a great package early on so... Read More we knew exactly what we were getting for our wedding day. Our photographer, Nadia, was also fantastic and had tons of great ideas for shots, both candid and portrait, on the day of. She was a lot of fun and easy to work with, and we couldn't recommend her and Hawk Photography more!

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 MaryLynn S

We just had our engagement photos yesterday with Daryl throughout the studio's beautiful grounds and it was such an enjoyable experience. We were also given really good deals on picture packages and Daryl did everything he could to give us what we wanted and kept it within the... Read More budget we told him. I am very happy with their photos and look forward to even more great pictures come the wedding day!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017

Very happy with the photographer, Nadia, who captured my daughter’s bridal shower. It allowed me to enjoy the moment and not worry about capturing it. Hawk Photography was a natural pick because my daughter and now son-in-law hired him for their wedding. Nadia was easy to... Read More work with and was not intrusive. The guests at the bridal shower loved Nadia and thought she did a great job!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Scott M

Hawk photography was a pleasure to work with for our wedding. They were professional and met all of our needs that we desired. He took very good care of us from our 1st appointment, engagement shoot, ceremony, reception, to the edit process of all our pictures. He took his... Read More time to get to know our needs that we needed, and made sure he got all of them done during the reception. He was right there at each key moment of the ceremony and reception. He took some amazing pictures of the sunset and sand shots on the beach. This was a destination wedding for us since we live in Florida, and yet we had no problems communicating with Hawk through email or phone. I highly recommend Hawk Photography for all pictures or video needs.

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Rachel S

My fiancé and I are so glad we've chosen Hawk Photography for our wedding photos! Our wedding is a year away and we feel so relieved to have found such a wonderful photographer. Their photography is top of the line at a reasonable price. We were worried about getting all of our... Read More photo needs in our limited budget, but Hawk Photography worked out a package that we were so happy with. It includes everything we would want for our wedding day in our budget. We highly recommend using Hawk Photography, even if it may at first seem above your price range! They are very flexible and willing to work within your budget. There is no better deal for wedding photographers in CT!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Toni H

My experience with Hawk Photography has been an excellent one thus far. Daryl connected with me on several occasions, providing me with all the details I needed to make my decision to work with them. He has been tremendously professional, eager to hear my suggests and feedback... Read More and overall his work is beyond AMAZING. We had our engagement sitting with Daryl 6/4/17 and received our images within a week. I was blown away at how beautiful the images were! The quality was definitely top of the line and I was more than happy with the final results. We are looking forward to continue working with Daryl until our wedding day in May. Even though he is affordably priced, quality is definitely not sacrificed. You will be happy you hired Hawk Photography.

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Roberta M

Hawk Photography took fantastic engagement pictures on his grounds. The poses were perfect . My two other children had wedding pictures taken by different photographers that were good but these were the best I have ever seen . I love them.

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Erik R

Do notttt choose Daryl Hawk from CT as your photographer!!! If I could give Daryl Hawk a rating below zero I would. Not only is he overcharged, but he is overrated. Some of the pictures in his photo albums/ portfolios were not even all taken by him but his colleagues! He is... Read More very good at swindling people and telling them what they want to hear. Great at making promises, but not keeping them. He has a nice backyard, but engagement pictures were in his backyard (you have no choices or options to have taken anywhere else). He had told and promised me and my fiancé that he was going to be our photographer for our wedding day. As if planning a wedding is not stressful enough, a week prior to our BIG day, Daryl told us he had another wedding the same day and he wasn't going to be able to photograph our wedding so he was just going to have a colleague be the photographer for us, without our consent!!!!!. He double booked and just assumed as long as he found coverage that was acceptable, which is not. We never even met the person/colleague that he was going to have at our wedding. So he tried to pawn us off for his mistakes with no apology, and he acted like it was no big deal . After confronting him and letting him know how upset we were and disappointed he finally agreed (again) to be our photographer (which he formerly promised from the beginning). Thinking everything was resolved by the day of the wedding, he had the audacity to leave an HOUR early to go to his other "gig "/photo shoot!!! Because he left early we missed a lot of memories that could've been captured by film, for example- my fiancé suprised me and took the microphone and sang to me that last hour, and I decided to sing him a song as well. So thanks to this terrible man we did not get any pictures of those moments. Also, we did not get pictures of us leaving the wedding/ departure as our family and friends blew bubbles our way as we walked to our decorated "just married" car. Lasttttttt straw with this man is when it took well over a year to get/receive our photo album. He was paid in advance, by the day of our wedding (he makes you) so he is under no obligation to hurry. Absolutely horrible treatment and service !!!!!! A lot of phone tag's and emails were exchanged in attempts to obtain the photo album, and he did not respond in a timely manner. So many other, better and worthy photographers are out there, and if we could turn back time and pick someone else wewould have. I would not have even wasted my breath to make a phone call to him in the first place. Had Daryl not been our photographer, me and my fiancé would have been saved by much unnecessary aggravation and money that we thought was wasted on him. Please do yourself a favor-don't even waste your time to speak or meet with this man . Even if he promises you a great deal… This is his way of suckering you in. He is good at talking but his actions speak louder than words in long run. He also adds extra fees that he does not make you aware of at first. Spare yourself – I speak from experience. I do not like to speak ill or bad things of people, and I never write anyyyy reviews, but if I could save someone else from making the same mistake i did, which was hiring this man-Daryl Hawk,I look at that as helping someone from making the mistake that I did. If you are looking for a photographer, I would suggest looking and shopping around for someone else because he was soooooooo not worth it!!!!!!

2017-06-11T07:08:33 Response from the vendor

While we always appreciate constructive criticism from real clients, unfortunately because this is an anonymous reviewer we have no way of knowing if this is someone who really did use our studio. We will, however, address a couple of these points. We always tell our... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Lakeysha R

I really enjoyed our engagement setting, Darryl really made us feel comfortable and directed us so that all the shots would be perfect. We can not wait for our special day, so our story book love will come to life! The atmosphere and professionalism was awesome.

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Kristin G

Everything was so perfect and we couldn't have been more happy. Sean was absolutely wonderful! Myself and my husband, and all my family and friends can't stop talking about how great she was the whole day. She was very helpful and kind and was an absolute pleasure to work with.... Read More Carlo was also amazing, was very kind and made us feel so comfortable throughout the whole day! And the photo booth was the hit of the wedding! Our guests had an amazing time! Highly recommended!

Daryl Hawk

I decided to become a wedding photographer simply because I love telling stories with my camera and capturing the loving moments, the smiles, the laughter of a couple’s special day. It is a privilege to witness a wedding day unfold before me… from the anticipation of the bride or groom getting ready, to the moment when the couple first sees each other, to the final good-byes.