unique invitations & creative paper goods

Indigo Envelope will design, print and assemble your invitations, programs, menu cards, table numbers, place cards, favors and more. We offer digital press printing, thermography, and letterpress, plus a designer’s eye to help you create all the details that will make your event unique.

Signs, Decorations + Accents, Custom Invitations, Escort + Place Cards, Menus, Programs, Seating Charts, Table Numbers, Thank You Cards, Paper Goods, Embossing, Engraving, Letterpress, Printing, Save-The-Dates, Wedding Invitations, Invitations + Paper Goods

201 West Main Street; #318 (Durham, NC) , Durham, NC (919) 493-8800

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Melanie M

Christina and her team are simply the best. I had been stressing out a LOT about the invitations, finding a design that was representative of us, and was within our budget. Our planner suggested Christina (who also has an office in Arlington, VA!), and she was the best thing... Read More that could have happened to us. Her eye for design, attention to detail, patience with our indecisiveness, insane organization skills, and ability to keep us on schedule - all amazing. While I cannot remember all of the great people working with her, I do also want to thank Amber for her amazing editing skills! I cannot recommend her enough for all your paper needs for your wedding - invitations, programs, table numbers, signs, thank you notes, and anything else! It was great to have our theme weaved throughout everything.

2017-04-25T13:59:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for working with us! It was an honor to create your wedding designs and to get to know you both. You guys created a truly special day. We wish you a long and happy life together.

Reviewed on 4/06/2016 Kate L

Not only was Christina a dream to work with, but we ended up with a design that represented both of us. I'm an archivist/librarian and I sent hundred of images and ideas to inspire a personal design and Christina even did her own research. Between the typeface, the... Read More illustrations, and the colors, Christina created a an Art Nouvea/Arts and Crafts style invitation suite that had all of our guests saying "wow"! The quality of the materials and the design is impeccable. I was thoroughly impressed at every step. We have even used Indigo envelope for a name change announcement and hope to work with Christina and the team on many more projects!

2017-04-25T13:38:38 Response from the vendor

Finding historical images and producing original designs from an interesting mix of old and new inspirations is my favorite thing to do. Working for you was one of my favorite projects ever. Thank you for all of your inspiration and ideas. We wish you the... Read Less Read More

Best Stationer!

Reviewed on 1/08/2015

I am a wedding planner. So, I get to work with a lot of great stationary companies. Indigo Envelope is the most creative stationers that I have ever worked with. So, when it was time for my own wedding I knew they would be a great fit. I had a specific vision in mind of... Read More incorporating a Spanish vibe with a touch of my home town added in. Indigo did the perfect combination. I received so many compliments on my invite. They also created the perfect wedding day materials. From the table numbers to the seating chart, it was all amazing! I would highly recommend them to anyone getting married.

Reviewed on 7/21/2017 Julia R

We worked with Amber at Indigo Envelope in Durham for all of the paper products involved in our wedding and it could not have been more amazing! She was able to help us design exactly what we wanted for our Save the Dates, Formal Invitations, Thank you notes, table numbers and... Read More name cards. Everything was beautiful and so perfect for our wedding. They were incredibly responsive to all of our requests for changes and specifications. I could not recommend them more!

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Lauren W

I cannot say enough good things about Indigo Envelope! Christina and her team are wonderful! I had a very specific idea in mind for my wedding invitations and looked through countless invitation books and websites but could not find what I was looking for. Other vendors told me... Read More I would have to pay a fortune for customization. I was quite frustrated until I found Indigo Envelope. Christina translated my vision perfectly, and affordably. I was very particular about fonts, ink, sizes, etc, and Christina had so much patience and worked with me until I was 100% happy. Your invitations set the stage for your whole wedding, you want them to be perfect--Indigo Envelope will make sure they are! My invitations were beautiful, as were my programs, place cards, menus, and itineraries. I give Indigo Envelope my highest recommendations!

Reviewed on 7/08/2017 Gina B

Choosing an exceptional stationary designer is key to setting the tone for your wedding or any event! It's the first impression that your guests will get to preview as part of your wedding planning experience. If you're looking for a unique stationary designer at a reasonable... Read More cost, choose Indigo Envelope. Since we live in the Washington DC area, we worked with Christina Headrick of the Arlington location and picked up our non-invitation products at the Durham office, close near our wedding venue. Christina by far is extremely talented and has a passion for stationary (just as much as I), except I can't design :). Together, we created a unique invitation suite using rose gold foil and selected a skyline of Durham as our focal design since we technically were having a destination wedding. She also helped brand our wedding by designing other stationary products from signage, programs, to favor tags. Oh, and did I mention that our invitation suite is the first rose gold foil featured in in the Durham office! Such an honor. We will be using Indigo Envelope for all of our stationary needs in the near future.

Reviewed on 7/08/2017 Morgen P

Oh my god, yes. I loved working with Indigo Envelope. It was a kind of rocky start, with our assigned staff person leaving about a month after we booked but once we started working with Amanda we had no worries. They helped us reconcile all our ideas to a concise plan. When we... Read More had a specific vision, they created it perfectly and when we were a little more unclear about what we wanted, they somehow still created the perfect design. We especially liked working on custom artwork of our dogs for the invitation. I'm still surprised we didn't spend more, but they have so many options to save money or cut so you can still get what you want that it was surprisingly affordable!

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Abby W

I cannot sing enough praise for Amber & all of the ladies at Indigo Envelope. From the very beginning, Amber was professional, timely, and very accommodating. She is Unbelievable at what she does & created my absolute DREAM invitation. With a very busy schedule, I had little... Read More time to put forth the effort to create what I had in mind. The online website that we used to work with one another remotely was perfect for my busy schedule & allowed all involved to review the project. In addition to our invitations, we created custom favor tags, programs, coozies & welcome bag inserts that were just as beautiful as our invitations! I am so grateful for Amber & Indigo Envelopes for helping create the wedding day of our dreams. You won't regret choosing Indigo for your big day!

2017-05-17T07:37:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of your big day! We enjoyed working with you and being able to carry design elements throughout everything in your suite.

Reviewed on 5/05/2017 Kimberly G

Indigo did a great job on my invites, place cards, and extras that I had made through them. Everything was completed in a timely manner and looked fantastic! I will definitely use them again for future projects.

2017-05-17T07:35:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for working with us!! We hope we have the opportunity to work with you again in the future.

Reviewed on 4/25/2017 Anel C

I absolutely love Indigo Envelope! Even though I live in California, distance has never been a problem when it comes to communicating with the lovely staff. They are always so tentative and caring. They are true professionals who take their work and their clients very... Read More seriously. I highly recommend them! I have received so many compliments on my save the date!

2017-04-28T08:52:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words! We love how your save the dates turned out and are looking forward to working with you on your invitation and extras!

Reviewed on 4/25/2017 Sarah H

So very happy with my whole experience working with Amanda at Indigo Envelope! She kept me on track with deadlines, made little changes for every detail requested and helped me put together a beautiful invitation suite that expressed our personalities perfectly!

2017-04-26T09:30:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind review! We're so glad we were able to help you create the perfect suite. Best of luck to you and your fiance in your future together!

Reviewed on 4/25/2017 Becca K

Wonderful local printing company to work with. They were responsive and timely. They are so creative! Highly recommend!

2017-04-28T08:53:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you for allowing us to be creative! We enjoyed making your vision become a reality. We wish you all the best and hope you will send us photos of your lovely day.

Reviewed on 4/22/2017 Brittany W

Just a bit of back story.. I have worked as a mentor for young women and in customer service for 12 years. During my journey I have learned how to empower myself and the people around me to own their sh&t. If any of you are familiar with personal growth you will understand me... Read More when I say justifying, laying blame, and denying will only bring you heartache and breed bad work place culture. This is the story of why I can't get behind Indigo.. The Initial planning for wedding invites was so-so. The associate had to scramble a few times to find samples to show us and was commenting about how "her boss" has disorganized some things in front of us. No matter how subtle her dialogue could have been you never throw your team under the bus in front of clients, for me that was the first red flag. My fiancé and I were EXTREMELY pleased with the quality and product, we brought most of the ideas to the table (literally.) When realizing we have received 25 extra invites, (our order was only for 75), I inquired about extra envelopes for us to have the possibility to send out another round of invites...which is something our associate brought up in our initial meeting. This is where the disaster of communication started. The first response we received when asking for more envelopes was " Did I really short you that many?" **Note: I have been serving clients myself in the triangle for 12 years as when someone inquires about an adjustment to your initial service/order you don't shift blame back on to the customer. The customer will immediately be put on the defense.** A whole day of email through basecamp(the tool they provide for you to use to communicate) was flooded with the associates and owners dialogue on how this situation happened using in-house verbage that clients shouldn't have to hear and frankly we don't understand any way. Overall they really proved that they can't handle a simple task..in fact it "horribly confused" the associate why we would have 25 extra invites. (..wow) The communication with this company was completely exhausting and frankly, at this point, I just don't have time for it. Our request for more envelopes to us was so simple, all we wanted is information on how to get the envelopes, that's it. So trying to figure out on a public forum, with the clients watching on how we got so many extras, is none of the clients concern. NONE. For the record the owner with her very last sentence, AFTER letting her know we would no longer be doing business with them, provided a simple sentence that was finally the answer(sorta) to our question about envelopes. "The minimum press charge for any small digital press run of extra information cards is usually $25 and takes three to four days." If only she would have provided that response to the initial question they would still have us as clients. They really lost good-hearted honest clients who have hundreds of clients themselves. That's a tremendous web of connections. Christina and Amber, woman to woman, own your sh&t and be team players. It attracts people. Justifying, Laying Blame and Denying is all I heard from you gals. If you were my employees we would have a heart to heart about where this went wrong with this client, and for me it began with the first sentence where you shifted blame Amber and Christina, as the owner, you did too. ** I had to limit my review for character limitations, find the rest on YELP**

2017-04-25T10:58:04 Response from the vendor

We are happy that the quality of our invitations pleased you. I am sorry you felt frustrated and I apologize for any miscommunication. Our contracts guarantee a specific number of completed invitations, which is clearly noted. There are frequently "bonus" extra pieces included, but beyond... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Ashley R

Working with the team at Indigo Envelope was a breeze! Amber & Janelle are absolute rock stars - always responding within 24 hours, answered every question, and willing to do whatever edits necessary (including changing the font 1000 times, taking away some of the swirls on... Read More fonts, and creating a map from scratch). With all that, the invitations were ready to go in less than a month and all our wedding guests love them. 10/10 would work with them again.

2017-04-25T13:42:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your recommendation!

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 audrey l

We highly recommend working with Janelle! She helped us with save-the-date magnets, wedding invitations, ceremony programs, and thank you notes. Everything turned out perfect! She was attentive to what details we wanted and was able to customize everything to fit our needs and... Read More style. There was a little mix up with the printer for our save-the-dates where they miss placed our order, but as soon as Janelle realized this happened she was apologetic and we got put to the front of the line.

2017-04-25T14:15:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a recommendation. Congratulations on your wedding!

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Jamie H

We couldn't be happier with the wedding invitations Indigo Envelope designed for us. We opted to customize their templates instead of doing a fully custom design, which saved some design costs. Our designer (Janelle) worked with us to mix and match templates and pick out colors... Read More and papers. We had a ton of fun and felt like we got first-rate customer service and advice from the start and throughout the entire process. Our invitations turned out beautifully, and we received numerous compliments from guests. One guest wrote on the RSVP postcard, "Coolest invitations ever!" We couldn't have said it better ourselves.

2017-04-25T14:01:46 Response from the vendor

We are really happy to read comments like this! It makes all the hours of hard work worth it, to know that we created something that so delighted your guests and set a positive mood for your first day as a married couple. Thank you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Tatianna M

Indigo Envelope did an amazing job with our invitations and our programs for our wedding. Christina was very meticulous with her work and made sure everything was perfect. She was also really great about rushing anything we needed done quickly. We couldn't have asked for... Read More anything better!

2017-04-25T14:16:05 Response from the vendor

We really enjoyed working with you. Thanks for stopping by and writing a review.

Reviewed on 9/02/2016

Indigo Envelope did a wonderful job of designing our wedding invitations and programs. Amber was very helpful throughout the whole process of designing the invitation, deciding on text for the program etc. We really enjoyed working with Indigo and could not have been happier... Read More with the results.

2017-04-25T14:20:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your shout-out for Amber! She is a fabulous designer and we are lucky to have her. We appreciate you writing a review. Best wishes! :)

Reviewed on 7/21/2016 Debra S

We truly appreciated Indigo Envelope's creativity, organization, professionalism, and patience!! Special shout out to Amber and Christina. The invitation and the associated pieces—table cards, thank you notes, etc.-- set the tone for the wedding from start to finish. They... Read More really captured our daughter's feminine side as well as her effervescence. Jessye’s travel theme was executed stylishly and with panache. All around, Indigo Envelope's design work made a lasting impression.

2017-04-25T14:28:05 Response from the vendor

We appreciate you and your thoughtful recommendation for Indigo Envelope. Thank you for taking the time. We enjoyed working with you.

Reviewed on 6/01/2016 Stephanie P

One of the best decisions I made during the wedding process! I didn't want to spend a ton of money on invitations but wanted them to be beautiful. Indigo envelopes stuck with my budget completely and still made them gorgeous! We also had our programs made by them and they... Read More were perfect. This was SOOOO much better than trying to do these on my own via an online shop and not significantly more money at all!!

2017-04-25T14:34:20 Response from the vendor

We are honored that we could make your wedding process a special and memorable experience. Thank you!

Reviewed on 4/26/2016

I booked Indigo Envelope for our wedding invites after admiring my sister-in-law's wedding invitations, which were also done by Indigo. I was thrilled with them from day one - they were so easy to work with. Everything went through an online service called Basecamp, which made... Read More communication and design incredibly easy. We enjoyed meeting with them in person, and working to update the colors, font, and text on an older invite design so that it was personalized but still incredibly reasonably priced! Amber was always incredibly responsive to my emails and made sure that it was exactly what I wanted. Their work is so beautiful, and the invitation turned out perfectly. They even gave me a sixpence to wear in my shoe for the ceremony as a little favor - so sweet. I would highly recommend them!!!!

2017-04-25T14:38:33 Response from the vendor

We are so glad you had a great experience with us! We enjoyed personally getting to know you and making this special event an easy process. Thank you for your recommendation!

Reviewed on 4/25/2016 Dawn B

Wow, cannot say enough good things about Amber and team at Indigo Envelope. They are professional, quick, and very responsive. Our invitations were perfect and everything they did for us was top quality.

2017-04-25T14:46:25 Response from the vendor

We are very thankful for your wonderful review! Indigo Envelope is proud to have our invitations recommended as top quality.

Great Service!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Ashley B

Amber with Indigo Envelope is so easy to work with. Their products are beautiful and their work is great. Amber always got back to me before the deadline she made for herself, which was wonderful! I would recommend using this company. We received our invitations from them and... Read More are getting rehearsal invites and programs.

2017-04-25T14:48:00 Response from the vendor

It is so much fun when we can create items for several events! Thank you for taking the time for writing us a recommendation.

Exciting, unique offerings

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Jane R

I really enjoyed working with Indigo Envelope as a local bride. They had some unique offering you would never find at a traditional paper / invitation vendor. I appreciated the use of technology (Basecamp project management and e-signature) to speed things along and making... Read More approvals efficient.

2017-04-25T14:56:29 Response from the vendor

We are very happy that we could offer you unique alternatives for your wedding invitations. We enjoyed working on your invitations to meet your individual style. Thank You!

Your search stops here

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Jennifer S

I looked online for several weeks for a company to use for my wedding. I found Indigo Envelop on Pinterest and liked their work. I starting communicating with them and immediately knew that I wanted to work with them. From start to end- they were beyond the best! The quality,... Read More service and value was over the top!!! I never had any issues or problems that came up. All work was done in a timely manner and very professional. When our guest got our invitations in the mail we were flooded with texts and calls saying how nice there were. You won't be disappointed with your choice! I was never stressed or worried about the planning- which is wonderful since planning a wedding can be stressful at times. I had all my invitations and wedding extras done at their shop.

2017-04-25T15:04:37 Response from the vendor

We are very happy that we made your wedding stress free! We enjoyed working with you and proud to provide you quality service. Thank you for your recommendation.