Leo Timoshuk Photography - NY Wedding Photographer

SYRACUSE, NY

Modern, Fresh, & Natural Wedding Photography

Modern, fresh, & natural wedding photography. Capturing real moments & lasting memories artistically & naturally. Serving NY & destination weddings.

Artistic, Lifestyle

Fe7719fa d8df 43f7 b18c 942ee8fef3e2~rs 100
D692bc15 0755 426d 96a9 fb6ea89c4786~rs 100
Dec9f43f 97e4 40b7 87a9 9d17ceef4785~rs 100

SYRACUSE, NY (315) 383-6485

A True Artist & Amazing Photographer - Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/04/2011 Melinda C

Kevin and I were married on 9/24/11 in Sauquoit, NY at a residential location (outdoor ceremony & tent reception). As soon as Leo walked into the house, his artistic and creative capabilities were evident. He made everyone feel so comfortable and at ease, making our wedding... Read More day more perfect and beautiful than we could have ever imagined. Prior to the wedding, he made sure that he understood the type of couple Kevin & I are and wanted to know our "story." He learned of the personal aspect of our wedding location (it is the house of my recently deceased best friend) and made sure to capture the sentimental portion of that throughout the day. Leo is just amazing - he's personable, thoughtful, creative, open-minded and a true artist (as was his assistant)! He was in tune with my feelings, thoughts, preferences, and overall needs throughout the entire day and we couldn't be any more grateful to him. He went above and beyond all expecations, and even stayed later than requested because he was so into the photography, the guests, and our wedding day. Our guests loved him and couldn't stop asking about him and where we found him. He did an amazing slide show that was shown during the reception and everyone was just so impressed with the beautiful shots he presented in such a short amount of time! The shots that I have seen thus far are simply stunning and I can't wait to see the rest! Finally, Leo captured the romance and beauty of the day and the location - even climbing a ladder to take an aerial view of the backyard where the ceremony was held! He knew I wanted photographs that were beautiful, creative and romantic and he certainly delivered!!!! He used the location, decorations, antique furnitures, and surroundings to ensure that we got just want we wanted. His shots made me fall even more in love with my spouse on our wedding day - if that's even possible! :-) Leo made my wedding day so very special (it brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it) and I cannot thank him enough for that! I will certainly recommend Leo Timoshuk Photography to ALL of my friends, because I truly believe Leo's abilities and skills as a photographer are unmatched and, quite frankly, untouchable! Thank you Leo!

Highly recommended

Reviewed on 10/04/2011 Anna T

I have to admit that booking the photographer was one of the last things I did for my wedding, and it was not because I procrastinated. I was looking for someone who has “the eye” for capturing weddings and was also located in central NY. “Easy”, one would think, but after... Read More looking around I almost lost hope and was ready to hand out disposable cameras to the guests. That is until I came across Leo’s website. His work is classy and timeless. You can almost feel the love and romance through the subtle shades and light play. He captured equally well the candid moments and more traditional poses. With artistic talent comes a great personality. Leo was a pleasure to work with and I was not the only one to notice. Other guests and family members commented on how personable and fun Leo was. This was especially important during the booking and planning process since we communicated via email, as I live several hours from the where the wedding location. His responses were always prompt and timely. I would wholeheartedly recommend Leo to anyone who wants nothing but the best pictures of their very special day.

Exceeded Expectations

Reviewed on 8/23/2011 Natalie H

When looking for a photographer for our wedding, we ultimately wanted someone that had more creativity than the "normal" family photos you see in wedding albums. Leo has an amazing eye for capturing unique moments, angles, and the true essence of what you are feeling that day... Read More as well as those around you. He has an upbeat personality that is still professional, and goes above and beyond to let you know that he is there for you that day (including arriving a little early or staying a little late). An option on his "A la Carte" is a slideshow, which he did an amazing job on without the help of an assistant. Guests and even the staff of our wedding venue were constantly lined up to watch the moments he had captured throughtout the day, and were stunned to see that he could put such a beautiful piece together in a short amount of time. One of my husband's favorite things about Leo is that he let us enjoy our reception without stopping us to pose for photographs. Overall we couldn't be happier with the quality of service and the outcome of the photographs. -Natalie and Jeff (August 20, 2011)

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Renée P

We are so glad we chose Leo as our wedding photographer! He was absolutely incredible to work with and soooo talented. Not being naturals in front of the camera, he definitely put us at ease and to our surprise, we ended up having a lot of fun with it! During the ceremony and... Read More reception, he was all over the place getting pictures from every angle and vantage point. We received so many compliments about Leo from many of our wedding guests. He even surprised us and our guests after dinner with a slideshow he had put together of some of the shots he had taken up until that point! The sneak peak pictures we have gotten back so far are so beautiful. We chose Leo because when looking at all our options, his photos just stood out as another step (or 10) above all the rest. We highly recommend him to anyone looking for a truly amazing photographer who will also be a lot of fun to spend your special day with!

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Krystal H

We absolutely loved Leo! He has such a great personality, and his work is AMAZING! We really love how Leo captured all the special moments and then some of our day. None of the pictures look staged, just very natural and in the moment. Which, "in the moment" photos of his... Read More portfolio are the reason why I contacted him in the first place. His techniques, and special touches are so unique. Truly enjoyed having Leo for our photographer!

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Aimee F

Leo was amazing to work with! He is great combination of professional and fun! He kept us laughing and calm on what could have been a stressful day! We received our wedding photos quickly and could not be happier with how they turned out! I would highly recommend him to anyone... Read More and everyone looking for high quality photos and service. You won't regret it.

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 KC O

Where to start!!! Leo was absolutely amazing! From the second we met Leo and his infectious personality, we knew right away we wanted him! Leo is very passionate about what he does which shows in his amazing pictures!! Our engagement session allowed us to get to know Leo and we... Read More fell in love with every single picture. When our wedding came around, we couldn't wait to work with him again. Leo worked very hard to capture every moment of our special day and even got soaking wet just to capture our picture in the down pouring rain and we can't thank him enough. The pictures are out of this world- better then we ever could have imagined. If you are reading this- I would highly recommend Leo, you will not regret it!!!! Thank you SO much Leo!!!

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Shane O

Leo was an incredible photographer and will not let you down for your big day. He's energetic and extremely passionate about what he does and it shows in his magnificent photos. He did a great job getting the photos we wanted without taking away from the fun of the day which -in... Read More our case with 16 in our bridal party- can be a real challenge. I plan to recommend Leo to anyone who needs a photographer and could not be happier with his service.

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Amanda L

Leo's work can't be justified in words. The moments he captures speak to your heart. He is so focused and willing to do ANYTHING to capture the most perfect shots, even if it means rolling around on the ground to catch the right angles! He showed up early and stayed late into... Read More the night to be sure not to miss any opportunities for the perfect shots. We have received more complements on his professionalism and work over anything else from our special day. The images he captured were unparalleled to anything I have ever dreamed of! I'd recommend him 100x over again! Thanks Leo for following your heart & excelling in the job you clearly were born to do. XX- Amanda & John

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Julia M

We had Leo photograph both our engagement session & wedding... let me tell you he exceeded our expectations! Not only is he extremely professional, but very fun to be around. Not only did the entire bridal party love him and his charisma, but we had parents, and several guests... Read More comment on how great he is. He is very flexible with the wedding schedule, stayed the entire day from morning until night to photograph us, no mater the weather, he made it work!! You can tell that he really enjoys his job and puts a lot of effort and time into it. We are overjoyed with our decision of choosing him as our wedding photographer!! So in love with our images!!!

2017-06-16T11:03:54 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the amazing feedback Julia & thanks so much for having me. Your wedding was amazing :)

Reviewed on 3/10/2017 Vanessa B

"Above and Beyond" is an understatement! My husband's sister is a photographer, so when she said "if I ever got married again, THIS is who I would hire," we knew Leo was the guy for us. After looking through his blog, albums, and other reviews, it was literally a no brainer.... Read More From our first Skype session with Leo, to his detailed emails sharing his vision, to his expertise and amazing talent the day of the wedding, we could not have been happier with our choice. It was so fun taking our winter wedding pictures outside- Leo was like a little kid and was so excited that we were willing to stand in the cold snowy weather for hours and get our photos done! BOY WAS IT WORTH IT! Him and his second shooter Paul were troopers for working such a long, cold day. The pictures are stunning, and every time someone sees a photo, their jaw just drops. I can't even remember how many times people have said "that is the best photography I have ever seen!!!" Let's face it, it makes us feel good that we chose so wisely!! Leo you rock, your work rocks, and we wish we could do it all over again. Thank you for capturing every moment of that day and for doing it so beautifully. Your hard work and editing have made this couple so so happy. We will be forever grateful!! xo, John & Vanessa

Reviewed on 2/06/2017 Victoria K

Leo was absolutely amazing. Not only are his pictures stunning, but he was also able to make the process extremely fun while still being professional. Leo went above and beyond (like hanging from a tree to get the perfect shot of my dress) and honestly every single photo is... Read More amazing. He even put together a slideshow of some of our photos and had it set up at the reception. We and our guests were in awe. We could not have asked for a better photographer. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Reviewed on 1/28/2017 Ellina A

We were very very lucky to find Leo, he is fantastic! You will be lucky if you get an opportunity to work with him. Leo was one of the parts of our wedding. Leo is extremely professional, VERY FUN to work with, and knows how to make your special day perfect. He helps his... Read More subjects feel comfortable and pose so that they look fantastic even if camera shy, frames his shots in a variety of creative ways, and does excellent post production on the images to create celebrity quality visual memories. Leo started by helping us schedule our day so that he could capture fantastic pictures of everyone getting ready, followed by awesome shots of me and my wife doing our first look. He then took us around the property for more unbelievable pictures together and with our bridal party. Once the ceremony started, Leo melted into the background and let us focus on each other and our guests, enjoying the day while he continued capturing every moment with perfection. His photobooth was a big hit with our guests, and really added a lot of fun pictures. Leo quickly delivered some pictures via online slideshow that everyone could enjoy a few days after the wedding, the rest were delivered in a few weeks and ALL were AMAZING. I can’t say enough how wonderful he was. My wife and I are very very happy that we chose to work with Leo.

Reviewed on 1/13/2017 Molly C

To me personally, one of the most important details about a wedding is the photographer, and we couldn't be more happy that we were lucky enough to have Leo shoot our wedding. Not only are our photos magazine cover worthy, but Leo himself was a pleasure to work with! So... Read More professional, yet fun! He gives great directions and makes you feel comfortable so you get the best shots possible. He was so creative and didn't leave any detail untouched! I want to share our photos with the WORLD because I'm so impressed and excited about them! Highly recommend having him as your wedding photographer! I almost forgot to mention the amazing photo booth! His photo booth is unlike many I've seen, and him and his team and take the time to edit those photos so even they look amazing!

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Carrie S

My sister and her husband were married in November of 2016 at St. Patrick's church in Elmira and then had the reception at Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel. I was warey when she wanted a non local photographer but I cannot express how amazing Leo was. He worked hard from the time we... Read More were getting ready until the bitter end on the dance floor. He has an amazing eye and he was easy to work with! I would highly, highly recommend Leo to anyone looking for a photographer. Many friends have asked about him after viewing my sister's album. I wish I had known about him when I had gotten married!

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Allison J

Leo's pictures of my daughter's wedding are absolutely breathtaking. We received several compliments from our guests about Leo's professionalism and hard work. He never stopped taking pictures and captured this memorable day perfectly. He didn't miss a thing!! I am now going... Read More through the gallery for the 3rd time and I am still smiling. Thank You Leo- from the bottom of our hearts!!!

Reviewed on 12/30/2016

Leo was the photographer at my wedding in September and he is one of the most hardworking and professional photographers I have ever met. I remember finding his work on some wedding vendor websites and thinking to myself: wow, that's some pretty awesome angles and colors. I also... Read More remember how I was first a bit put off about spending so much on just one solo photographer. However, my fears were put to rest on the day of our wedding itself. Leo was not only polite and punctual, he also guided us on how we might get the best pictures to remember our special day. He also asks you for the names of your immediate family (that to me is a very thoughtful gesture!). Even though he was working solo, we had pictures of everyone at our wedding party (small wedding of about 90 people). I had people come up to tell us how hardworking our photographer was. In the end, the only memories we took away from our wedding were the pictures, and Im glad Leo was there to tell our story.

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 allison j

My entire family and I are absolutely blown away with Leo's work. I wouldn't have wanted our day captured any other way. Leo's energy, talent, passion for his work is undeniable and it shows in his photos. We cannot thank him enough!

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 Lauren P

I cannot say enough good things about Leo! He was absolutely everything we were looking for in a photographer. His photographs are so beautiful, without being too edited. Leo can make a perfect photo out of basically nothing. It was freezing raining on our wedding day, and we... Read More would run outside to take a quick photo and run back in. We were absolutely shocked when we got the photos! It looks bright and beautiful and you can't even tell it was so gross outside! Leo also did our engagement shoot in NYC, and he was just incredible. On the wedding day, Leo was perfect. He was there for every shot, without taking away from the event. He had no problem with me grabbing him when I needed him, and otherwise was just in the background getting every shot we needed. I could go on and on, but overall, just hire Leo. You will be glad you did!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Sarah R

My husband and I recently got married in August and were fortunate enough to have Leo as our photographer. I stumbled across Leo’s work while playing around on Style Me Pretty and was instantly captivated. Leo has a natural and rare ability to capture moments not just people. We... Read More immediately hired him to shoot our wedding. On the day of the wedding Leo arrived early to make sure everything was in place. He brought along an assistant who was of equal talent. Together the pair took the most magical pictures of our wedding day (even though it was a record breaking 110 degrees out!) I for one also always freeze in front of cameras and end up looking extremely awkward. However, Leo has a calm and friendly manner that made me feel comfortable and relaxed which absolutely came across in the final product. Later on that night Leo surprised us with an amazing slide show of pictures from the day. It literally brought tears to my eyes. It was so unexpected and above and beyond what he had asked for. Leo returned the photos in an extremely timely manner and every picture was more beautiful than the next. I would highly recommend Leo to anybody looking for a photographer.

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Jen W

I cannot say enough about Leo. I was fortunate to experience his work a few years ago when I was in a wedding that he shot. I knew that when it was my turn, he had to be our photographer! As we started wedding planning, we knew we did not wan to skimp on photographer. We spend... Read More months, sometimes years preparing for the big day and then it comes and goes so fast. Photos are the only way to relive that day over and over! After meeting with Leo, my fiance and I knew that he had to be it! His enthusiasm and pure talent and love for what he does is evident in his work. He was the first vendor that we chose, even before a venue!! We just had our engagement shoot. Leo was so flexible with scheduling so that we could make sure to have the best weather. The session itself was so much fun, and his creativity really showed! He even let us bring our dog and had a blast with her. The images are even better than we could have ever imagined, and he was able to capture our personalities perfectly. We are so grateful to be able to work with Leo, and can't wait to spend our wedding day with him! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Olga Z

My fiance and I were so blessed to have Leo capture our day! Leo was excellent to work with! Meeting with him prior to our wedding day he helped us set up a great time line to maximize our day! He day of he showed up promptly and animated like the energizer bunny! That energy... Read More lasted till the end of the day! It was a LONG, HOT, HUMID, and RAINY day, We were impressed! through out the day he did an excellent job taking charge to get the best shots which reflected in the final results! however the very best shot came at the end of the day when he brought out his equipment into the rain to capture a photo that looks like we are surrounded by a galaxy of stars, that was in-fact pouring rain! If there is a shot to be had, Leo will get it! Two days later Leo put together a slide show for us that we watched countless of times while we waited for the final work to get done! This guy is THE BEST!!!!! We're so happy that we had the opportunity to worth with him!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Susan L

Without exception I can recommend Leo Timoshuk. He photographed both of our daughters' engagement shoots and the first of our daughters' weddings this past weekend. Leo arrived at the venue early morning and stayed with us throughout the entire event. His work is extremely... Read More creative and his presence is non intrusive and highly professional. Within 24 hours of the event, Leo sent a mini slideshow capturing the entire day that we have viewed over and over with friends and relatives. We cannot wait to see what he produces as his final work. I can say for certain that Leo's artistic sense of people and environment is what makes his work spectacular. Every picture that we have viewed captured the mood of the event and personalities of the subjects. I highly recommend Leo as an event photographer!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Susan L

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Sarah H

I am beyond thrilled that we were lucky enough to have Leo shoot both our engagement photos and our wedding this past May. Leo was such a pleasure to work with. He responded to emails very promptly and was never hard to get ahold of. Leo has an infectious energy about him, and... Read More is willing to do whatever it takes to get breathtaking photos. He even jumped in a kayak on Lake Ontario to shoot my fiance and I on a row boat! On our wedding day he arrived early to catch the guys getting ready, and stayed late for our final sparkler exit. We also had him set up a Crazy (Photo) Booth for our guests and it was non-stop busy all night! My husband and I are blown away by the final product of our wedding photos. He truly made us look and feel like celebrities that day. I recommend him to everyone I know getting married!