Leo Timoshuk Photography - NY Wedding Photographer

SYRACUSE, NY

Artistic, Lifestyle

Engagement, Trash The Dress

A True Artist & Amazing Photographer - Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/04/2011 Melinda C

Kevin and I were married on 9/24/11 in Sauquoit, NY at a residential location (outdoor ceremony & tent reception). As soon as Leo walked into the house, his artistic and creative capabilities were evident. He made everyone feel so comfortable and at ease, making our wedding... Read More day more perfect and beautiful than we could have ever imagined. Prior to the wedding, he made sure that he understood the type of couple Kevin & I are and wanted to know our "story." He learned of the personal aspect of our wedding location (it is the house of my recently deceased best friend) and made sure to capture the sentimental portion of that throughout the day. Leo is just amazing - he's personable, thoughtful, creative, open-minded and a true artist (as was his assistant)! He was in tune with my feelings, thoughts, preferences, and overall needs throughout the entire day and we couldn't be any more grateful to him. He went above and beyond all expecations, and even stayed later than requested because he was so into the photography, the guests, and our wedding day. Our guests loved him and couldn't stop asking about him and where we found him. He did an amazing slide show that was shown during the reception and everyone was just so impressed with the beautiful shots he presented in such a short amount of time! The shots that I have seen thus far are simply stunning and I can't wait to see the rest! Finally, Leo captured the romance and beauty of the day and the location - even climbing a ladder to take an aerial view of the backyard where the ceremony was held! He knew I wanted photographs that were beautiful, creative and romantic and he certainly delivered!!!! He used the location, decorations, antique furnitures, and surroundings to ensure that we got just want we wanted. His shots made me fall even more in love with my spouse on our wedding day - if that's even possible! :-) Leo made my wedding day so very special (it brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it) and I cannot thank him enough for that! I will certainly recommend Leo Timoshuk Photography to ALL of my friends, because I truly believe Leo's abilities and skills as a photographer are unmatched and, quite frankly, untouchable! Thank you Leo!

Highly recommended

Reviewed on 10/04/2011 Anna T

I have to admit that booking the photographer was one of the last things I did for my wedding, and it was not because I procrastinated. I was looking for someone who has “the eye” for capturing weddings and was also located in central NY. “Easy”, one would think, but after... Read More looking around I almost lost hope and was ready to hand out disposable cameras to the guests. That is until I came across Leo’s website. His work is classy and timeless. You can almost feel the love and romance through the subtle shades and light play. He captured equally well the candid moments and more traditional poses. With artistic talent comes a great personality. Leo was a pleasure to work with and I was not the only one to notice. Other guests and family members commented on how personable and fun Leo was. This was especially important during the booking and planning process since we communicated via email, as I live several hours from the where the wedding location. His responses were always prompt and timely. I would wholeheartedly recommend Leo to anyone who wants nothing but the best pictures of their very special day.

Exceeded Expectations

Reviewed on 8/23/2011 Natalie H

When looking for a photographer for our wedding, we ultimately wanted someone that had more creativity than the "normal" family photos you see in wedding albums. Leo has an amazing eye for capturing unique moments, angles, and the true essence of what you are feeling that day... Read More as well as those around you. He has an upbeat personality that is still professional, and goes above and beyond to let you know that he is there for you that day (including arriving a little early or staying a little late). An option on his "A la Carte" is a slideshow, which he did an amazing job on without the help of an assistant. Guests and even the staff of our wedding venue were constantly lined up to watch the moments he had captured throughtout the day, and were stunned to see that he could put such a beautiful piece together in a short amount of time. One of my husband's favorite things about Leo is that he let us enjoy our reception without stopping us to pose for photographs. Overall we couldn't be happier with the quality of service and the outcome of the photographs. -Natalie and Jeff (August 20, 2011)

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 Lauren P

I cannot say enough good things about Leo! He was absolutely everything we were looking for in a photographer. His photographs are so beautiful, without being too edited. Leo can make a perfect photo out of basically nothing. It was freezing raining on our wedding day, and we... Read More would run outside to take a quick photo and run back in. We were absolutely shocked when we got the photos! It looks bright and beautiful and you can't even tell it was so gross outside! Leo also did our engagement shoot in NYC, and he was just incredible. On the wedding day, Leo was perfect. He was there for every shot, without taking away from the event. He had no problem with me grabbing him when I needed him, and otherwise was just in the background getting every shot we needed. I could go on and on, but overall, just hire Leo. You will be glad you did!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Sarah R

My husband and I recently got married in August and were fortunate enough to have Leo as our photographer. I stumbled across Leo’s work while playing around on Style Me Pretty and was instantly captivated. Leo has a natural and rare ability to capture moments not just people. We... Read More immediately hired him to shoot our wedding. On the day of the wedding Leo arrived early to make sure everything was in place. He brought along an assistant who was of equal talent. Together the pair took the most magical pictures of our wedding day (even though it was a record breaking 110 degrees out!) I for one also always freeze in front of cameras and end up looking extremely awkward. However, Leo has a calm and friendly manner that made me feel comfortable and relaxed which absolutely came across in the final product. Later on that night Leo surprised us with an amazing slide show of pictures from the day. It literally brought tears to my eyes. It was so unexpected and above and beyond what he had asked for. Leo returned the photos in an extremely timely manner and every picture was more beautiful than the next. I would highly recommend Leo to anybody looking for a photographer.

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Jen W

I cannot say enough about Leo. I was fortunate to experience his work a few years ago when I was in a wedding that he shot. I knew that when it was my turn, he had to be our photographer! As we started wedding planning, we knew we did not wan to skimp on photographer. We spend... Read More months, sometimes years preparing for the big day and then it comes and goes so fast. Photos are the only way to relive that day over and over! After meeting with Leo, my fiance and I knew that he had to be it! His enthusiasm and pure talent and love for what he does is evident in his work. He was the first vendor that we chose, even before a venue!! We just had our engagement shoot. Leo was so flexible with scheduling so that we could make sure to have the best weather. The session itself was so much fun, and his creativity really showed! He even let us bring our dog and had a blast with her. The images are even better than we could have ever imagined, and he was able to capture our personalities perfectly. We are so grateful to be able to work with Leo, and can't wait to spend our wedding day with him! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Olga Z

My fiance and I were so blessed to have Leo capture our day! Leo was excellent to work with! Meeting with him prior to our wedding day he helped us set up a great time line to maximize our day! He day of he showed up promptly and animated like the energizer bunny! That energy... Read More lasted till the end of the day! It was a LONG, HOT, HUMID, and RAINY day, We were impressed! through out the day he did an excellent job taking charge to get the best shots which reflected in the final results! however the very best shot came at the end of the day when he brought out his equipment into the rain to capture a photo that looks like we are surrounded by a galaxy of stars, that was in-fact pouring rain! If there is a shot to be had, Leo will get it! Two days later Leo put together a slide show for us that we watched countless of times while we waited for the final work to get done! This guy is THE BEST!!!!! We're so happy that we had the opportunity to worth with him!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Susan L

Without exception I can recommend Leo Timoshuk. He photographed both of our daughters' engagement shoots and the first of our daughters' weddings this past weekend. Leo arrived at the venue early morning and stayed with us throughout the entire event. His work is extremely... Read More creative and his presence is non intrusive and highly professional. Within 24 hours of the event, Leo sent a mini slideshow capturing the entire day that we have viewed over and over with friends and relatives. We cannot wait to see what he produces as his final work. I can say for certain that Leo's artistic sense of people and environment is what makes his work spectacular. Every picture that we have viewed captured the mood of the event and personalities of the subjects. I highly recommend Leo as an event photographer!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Susan L

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Sarah H

I am beyond thrilled that we were lucky enough to have Leo shoot both our engagement photos and our wedding this past May. Leo was such a pleasure to work with. He responded to emails very promptly and was never hard to get ahold of. Leo has an infectious energy about him, and... Read More is willing to do whatever it takes to get breathtaking photos. He even jumped in a kayak on Lake Ontario to shoot my fiance and I on a row boat! On our wedding day he arrived early to catch the guys getting ready, and stayed late for our final sparkler exit. We also had him set up a Crazy (Photo) Booth for our guests and it was non-stop busy all night! My husband and I are blown away by the final product of our wedding photos. He truly made us look and feel like celebrities that day. I recommend him to everyone I know getting married!

Reviewed on 7/11/2016

Leo has been my dream photographer ever since I saw his work years ago at my friends wedding. I could not wait for him to be a part of my big day because I knew he would do an amazing job. I got married on May 21st, 2016. Leo came to my house early that morning with a big smile... Read More on his face , ready to do his magic. Not only did Leo capture amazing shots, but his attitude and sense of humor made my day even more enjoyable. He was always making us laugh, always going out of his way to capture the perfect shot! You can tell Leo loves what he does with a passion. He is incredibly talented and driven to do better and better. My husband and I are so happy we chose Leo. He is seriously the BEST!! Thanks Leo, we love you!

Reviewed on 3/30/2016

Leo is just AMAZING and you need to have him as your photographer! We were SOOO glad we came across his work and were able to book him for our wedding! He provides outstanding work, the pictures we got back are STUNNING and that's not because of us but Leo is able to capture... Read More everything so beautifully. Everyone comments on how magazine quality the pictures are!! He makes the day fun and everyone in our wedding enjoyed working with him. He works really hard and captures all the details that will make you remember how you felt every single moment of your day as well as see how much fun your guests were having! We LOVED each and every single picture so much that we can't even decide which one to use for anything! We definitely would not have the amazingly memorable and "more beautiful than we dreamt" day we had without Leo!

A Perfect Day

Reviewed on 1/28/2016 Nancy P

Leo Timoshuk is an awesome photographer. Not only was our wedding perfect, but Leo made it even more perfect! He was so easy to work with and he never got frustrated or gave up. This comes naturally to him and it's truly a God given talent. He has a passion for his work and it... Read More shows through the beautiful images he creates. He puts so much effort and care into his photos to make them perfect and to portray the environment and feelings of that day. His photos bring back memories as if they took you back to your special day. I highly recommend Leo Timoshuk Photography because not only are you signing up for great photos but also a great person to work with. We love you Leo, and may God bless you!!

Above and Beyond Amazing!!

Reviewed on 1/10/2016 Nikki G

We hired Leo & team to help capture our wedding and let me start by saying, he did more than capture it...he truly added a whole new level to our special day. Leo is an amazingly talented photographer. I work in the production and special events field myself and had pretty high... Read More expectations. Leo exceeded them all. He put in so many extra hours on the day of our wedding as well as editing the photos-- far above and beyond anything that was promised or expected. Not to mention that Leo is such a pleasure to deal with! He added so much fun to even the most stressful moments of the day and was always looking for ways to tell our unique wedding story. If you are thinking about hiring Leo, I would highly recommend him. All of our family and friends' comments have not only been about our awesome day but how gorgeous our photos are. Many have even said that they look like the cover of a bridal magazine. We cannot thank Leo enough for making our day forever immortalized in such an artistic way.

Leo was AMAZING!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Cortney W

I highly recommend Leo Timoshuk photography any wedding. Your photos will be breathtaking and he was an absolute pleasure to work with from start to finish. The 1st meeting we had, he showed us his work and I was sold. The 2nd, to go over details of the Big Day, Leo took his... Read More time with us and made sure all our requests were met. The day of. My bridesmaids were so impressed (we all were!!) with how hard he worked to get the best shots. Would not change a thing! Worth every penny! These photos will be alll over our house.

Leo is high-energy & delivers gorgeous photos

Reviewed on 10/13/2015

I wanted a photographer who had creative, artistic ideas on the fly. My Central New York wedding was in the middle of snowy January, so our outdoor shoot was no walk in the park. The photos were absolutely stunning. And the cold didn't even phase Leo! He was high energy and took... Read More charge, which I really appreciated.

Fantastic Wedding Photographer

Reviewed on 8/18/2015

From the day my husband and I met Leo we knew that working with him was going to be a pleasure. His professionalism and terrific personality definitely enhanced our wedding day and we couldn't be happier with our beautiful pictures. Us and our entire bridal party had a blast... Read More taking pictures all day and we had so many great photos to choose from in the end. Leo is an unbelievably talented artist and an amazing person to work with!

Reviewed on 8/08/2015 Alicia G

Leo was THE MOST amazing photographer we could have hoped for!!! Worth every penny and more! Not only was he so wonderful to interact with, but he is truly talented and his quality of work is outstanding. He captures your special moments with amazing creativity and beauty.... Read More Everyone who has seen our pictures are in such awe, some even though they were from a magazine!! I would HIGHLY recommend Leo Timoshuk photography - having one of a kind pictures makes all the difference. I can't say enough about how kind and wonderful he was in addition to being an outstanding photographer. You can tell that this is his passion, and that he truly cares about the quality of work he gives to every one of his clients. He surprised us at our wedding with a beautiful slide show of pictures that he took that day!! We were so thrilled that our guests were able to enjoy that towards the end of the reception. He is such a hard worker, and his assistant was also so professional and accommodating. He made our wedding journey (including the engagement photoshoot) so much fun and memorable. We have received hundreds of compliments on our photos. I can't thank him enough for being so incredible!!!!

Amazing Photographer

Reviewed on 7/09/2015

Leo Timoshuk was our photographer for our wedding day. Although the weather was not on our side for our outdoor ceremony, he was able to capture some amazing shots! His upbeat personality and flexibility with what we needed that day was superb. Nothing but a professional. He... Read More was there every step of the way with us from our first meeting, until our wedding day. Always there via phone or email to answer any questions or to make time to meet with us. We were very happy with his services and HIGHLY recommend him for your special day!

Vetted and Verified: THE BEST!!!

Reviewed on 7/07/2015 Jennifer W

Let me start off by saying how LUCKY Neil and I are to have found Leo! He is absolutely incredible to work with and we could not have asked for a better experience. Photos have always had such a special place in my heart, as I have been an admirer of arts all of my life. I... Read More remember as a child and even now as an adult, looking through albums upon albums of my parents' world-traveling experiences and a history of photos from relatives I never even knew. Photography will undoubtedly outlast the test of time and we knew how incredibly important this element of our wedding would be to us both. As a true artist and visionary, Leo has a way of capturing the essence of beauty and life in his photos. He pulled us in and made us feel so comfortable, like there were only two people in the entire world and those two people happened to be standing in front of the lens of a camera. I am a wedding planner for the Southwest of Florida, so after planning countless weddings for other couples over the years, it became time for me to have my go-around with the wedding industry, as a Bride! I was completely thrown out of my own element tho, when we realized we would be having our wedding in Buffalo, New York, far away from the wedding industry leaders I know and love. I went through COUNTLESS photographers. I looked far and wide. As a planner, I know that photography and art are the two elements of a wedding that couples will appreciate the most after the guests have left and the celebration has ended. It will be the piece of you that is left for your grandchildren and for their grandchildren. It was, the most important element of our wedding planning process! Neil and I trusted Leo with everything and he delivered above and beyond our expectations. Your photographer IS the experience. Leo made us completely comfortable throughout the entire session, directing us and working with us to make our vision become everything we imagined and so much more. ! I cannot wait for this wedding to be here, because if the engagement photos were this incredible, I can't even imagine what the wedding photos (and our photo album) will capture. This is the most memorable day of your lives, make sure that you take the extra step to capture it forever with an outstanding photographer! Leo is without a doubt, the best!

Reviewed on 5/01/2015 SarahLea P

Leo Timoshuk photography was the best decision I made for my wedding. (Besides my groom ;) ) I'd say that he is a must for anyone getting married in New York but I actually think anyone getting married anywhere should try and book him while they still can. My bridesmaids are... Read More already asking for him themselves! He is a whole new level of wedding photography - every single image he delivered was polished to perfection. His eye is phenomenal and he is a true artist, not just a cookie cutter photog. Everyone seemed to glow right off the photo, the images truly came alive and you could feel the happiness and excitement of the day. He also keeps up with detail shots so together your album tells the full story of your wedding and everything special done to prepare for it. He takes his role in your day extremely seriously and is a true professional in every aspect of the word. Leo takes charge and makes shots happen that you may not even be aware of how amazing they will turn out to be. If you're looking for someone you can trust with the most important day - Leo is your guy. He has never ending energy and tirelessly runs around to capture the moments from morning til night. My wedding was a blur and now to know that I have his work to look back on is the greatest gift anyone could give me. Within ten frames of my album review my family was in happy tears and people were gasping at his amazing shots. Trust me, I feel like even a five star review could not do Leo Timoshuk justice. He is the BEST a bride could possibly want. Thank you so much Leo!!! I would refer him to the entire world if I could!

Thanks, Leo!

Reviewed on 2/14/2015 Renata V

We had a great experience with Leo. Our situation was tricky because we live in Brazil and had to do nearly all of our pre-wedding contact via email and Skype. Leo was very available, had a great sense of humor, and answered all of our questions remotely, helping everything to... Read More run as smoothly as possible. The pictures were spectacular. There are many excellent examples to review on this site; we will just add that ours were beautiful and we were completely satisfied. We were very impressed with Leo's professionalism, his photography skills, and his focus on our satisfaction. He stayed much later than we had agreed, and was clearly 100% dedicated to the event. One of the fun points of the night was Leo's sprinting after a careening golf cart, flash tower in hand, in order to get the perfect angle for his picture. In addition to the great pictures, Leo even chauffeured the bride to the wedding venue, and then showed great patience with our drunken Brazilian friends late at night! Renata & Jim Wedding Sept 6, 2014

Best Photograher in Syracuse

Reviewed on 11/25/2014 Becky M

I cannot speak highly enough of Leo. His work as a photographer is indescribable. He is extremely professional but yet relaxed and fun to have a part of your special day. His ability to capture precious moments is priceless. The photographs we have from our day from beginning to... Read More end tell our story in the most perfect way possible. The creativity behind our images is something you can only obtain from a true artist!

The Best Decision

Reviewed on 11/12/2014 Jessica S

Our engagement photos by Leo Timoshuk are absolutely breathtaking! We could not stop smiling the whole time we looked at them. We do not even know where to begin to thank Leo! Every photo was incredible! We were so pleased with how everything worked out. Leo was personal and fun... Read More to be around and we felt comfortable with him the minute he sat down with us. Leo took our vision of the photo shoot and went above and beyond what we ever imagined! He was excited to get started and had a positive energy that was contagious. We had so much fun in our photo shoot and could not stop laughing! We cannot express in words how grateful we are. Leo was the best decision we made and we do not have any regrets! Thank you Leo from the bottom of our hearts!

Above & Beyond!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 courtney w

When we first saw Leo's photos online, we knew he had a talent like no other. We knew right after meeting Leo - heck, we knew DURING our meeting with Leo - that we couldn't settle for anything less when it came to our photographer. Everything from his attention to detail and the... Read More quality in his albums, to his desire to go above and beyond for every client, exceeded each and every expectation that we had (and we had set pretty high expectations because after all, what's left to help the memories live on forever once the wedding day itself is over, are the photos). We just finished our engagement session on Sunday, today is Thursday, and already, Leo has delivered all of engagement photos (all 300+ of them, I might add!). Our engagement session blew us away. Leading up to the session, Leo sent us a very lengthy email explaining each and every detail we would need regarding the upcoming session. He helped give us suggestions for locations, outfits, props - you name it! But, as always, he noted that we certainly weren't limited to his suggestions! When it came time for our engagement session, we got everything we had ever dreamed of and more - downtown chic, fields of dreams, pictures with our golden retriever & gorgeous views of the water. Seeing our engagement photos makes us that much more excited about our upcoming wedding day and the photos that we know won't disappoint!

Start a Conversation!