Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup Artists, Nails, Tanning, Beauty

Rowland Heights, CA Serving Los Angeles & OC (626) 600-2189

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Clara T

PLEASE READ: If you have decided to go with Hanna, make sure you do a trial session and do NOT put down a deposit until you are completely satisfied. Get a 'receipt' with everything (she just sends an email, but better than nothing). I made the mistake of trusting that... Read More everything would be fine. Hanna dropped all communication after I sent the deposit check to her. She "lost" two deposit checks despite the fact that I had sent the checks via certified mail with return receipt and her signature, and I have records she deposited the check from my bank, not to mention she emailed me stating she received the check. She continually gave excuses and I tried to be as understanding as possible, but this is a business and it's just not professional to lose checks, not respond to messages weeks before the wedding, and cancel the trial session 6 hours prior to the scheduled time. I lost my $1k deposit and there's no way I'm getting it back so please heed my advice and use caution; don't fall into the same trap I did. I'm sorry that she lost her mom and got sick, but if she could not honor her professional contracts, she should have done the honorable thing and inform her clients with ample time to book a new vendor and refunded them if she didn't perform any services whatsoever (I didn't even see her once). There is no shame in needing time off to grieve, but I literally had no idea if Hanna was going to show up late or show up at all on my wedding day with how flaky and unprofessional she was. I truly wanted to have Hanna even though she was the most expensive out of all the other contenders, but in the end I had to cut my losses and re-book a different vendor whom I could rely on.

Reviewed on 4/09/2016 Nick M

We worked with Hanna for hair and make-up for the groomsladies at our wedding, and we had a great experience with them! They provided great service at a very reasonable price. Several of my friends have used them as well, and all of them had a wonderful experience as well.... Read More Recommended.

Reviewed on 3/21/2016 Gina L

Planning an destination wedding can be stressful - especially when you need to hire supplemental vendors. I wanted to hire Hanna more than a year out from my wedding date because her portfolio held images that I could imagine on myself for my wedding day; and she did not... Read More disappoint me one bit. She was always prompt to return emails and answer questions. Her prices were exactly the same as I would have probably paid for at home and I felt like her work was worth more than the price. She was able and willing to schedule a trial at a date that was long before typical trials are held to accommodate my travel plans. She was on time and brought a wonderful assistant on the morning of my wedding. I felt gorgeous and luminous. She was efficient and friendly and I couldn't have asked for better make up services on this special day. Thank you again, Hanna!

Amazing!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Piper T

If you are lucky enough to get this woman for your wedding then by all means do so! She was the one part of my wedding that I had no fears about. I knew after the trial that I could count on her to do a wonderful job and she did! Thank you Hanna. I think you're so good at making... Read More others look and feel beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 sheng x

I recently had my hair and makeup trial for my engagement shoot. I decided to book with Hanna because she not only has rave reviews on Yelp, but also has earned recognition on Weddingwire multiple years in a row. Before visiting her in-home studio, I sent her pictures of the... Read More hair and makeup I envisioned for the wedding. She was welcoming and professional, and clearly knew how to work efficiently (major plus), because my hair AND makeup was done in approximately one hour. The makeup was FLAWLESS, and I was surprised at how intricate the back of my updo looked! She yields that airbrush like a magic wand, and captured the overall look I wanted to achieve. All my friends complimented my hair and makeup, saying that the entire look was on point. I typically go without makeup, and even when I do, it's tame by most standards. Her technique made me look like me, but more glam with smooth looking skin (despite my acne scars). Can't argue with that! Leading up to the trial, Hanna was super responsive to my emails. The longest I'd ever waited for a response is a few hours. This is precisely one of the many reasons I decided to go with Hanna-- the other artist I was considering took forever to respond to the simplest questions, but Hanna answered every email in a timely manner. I can't wait to look this good again on the wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 jane j

Being the procrastinator that I am, I didn't have a set person to do my makeup for my wedding day. I contacted Hanna only a week before my wedding, and I was lucky enough to get a quick response back from her. The second she told me she had availability the morning of my... Read More wedding, I had to say yes! Payments were easily made through PayPal. She came to my hotel, and did her magic so precisely yet so quick! My makeup/skin looked flawless all day. Even being a licensed cosmetologist myself, I wouldn't have been able to do what she did. Funny story, I fell asleep that night with my makeup on (which I know is a big no-no) and I woke up with my eye makeup still in tact! lol Thanks for making me feel beautiful, Hanna!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 prisca y

I just had my wedding yesterday so since the memories are still all fresh in my mind, I feel this is a perfect opportunity to do my review! I've used Hanna for my make up and hair for both my engagement tea ceremony as well as my wedding and so did my cousin the year prior.... Read More I honestly have to say that although I felt and looked beautiful on my engagement tea ceremony, I think she outdid herself for my wedding. My mom and my maid of honors make up was also right on! Perfect! Natural! And unique to each persons skin tone and facial features! There are a few things you should keep in mind for her services so there are no confusion when booking her. First off, she is extremely busy (cause she does a great job which makes sense) so if you like her work, try to book her sooner than later! Secondly, her trials are done only on the weekdays so unfortunately if you are not local, it's very difficult to get a trial. Have no fear! I dare say that I forgo'd my trial and my hair and make up still turned out good! Third of all, she does have a minimum on her weekend bookings which is $500 I believe (email her to confirm this number of course!) and the $500 may or may not including traveling fee. I believe she will calculate based on distance/mileage from Anaheim (also email to confirm!). Lastly, her make up art skill is just naturally very "light" which is what gives the beautiful "natural" effect that everyone loves! But if you have something darker/heavier in mind for a night time event, make sure you tell her or show her a picture. She will be usually spot on that way! Otherwise, expect a lighter more nude look. She is usually on time or early to her appts which really puts the bride (me!!) more at ease! She's quick with her services, I would say on average an hr/person give or take and that includes hair and make up which I think is pretty amazing for the work she does! Either way, I loved my make up and hair and got tons of compliments. I will also post a few pics to show my hair and make up!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

Hanna does amazing work and she can do it quickly. I booked Hanna after looking at her portfolio and viewing all her before and after pictures. I think it's important to highlight your beauty without looking like it's painted on and Hanna knows how to achieve that. I've seen... Read More plenty of brides up close who looked like they had too much make up on. I used my trial for my engagement shoot and received compliments from the pictures that I knew I had made the right choice. Keep in mind trials are only weekdays as she reserves weekends for weddings. As weeks and days got closer to the big day, I started stressing about not having adequate time to take photos fearing that make up would take a long time. Friends all say the wedding day makeup takes hours. Hanna promised to be finished by the time I requested which only gave her 1.5 hrs to work her magic on me and she delivered! Hair and makeup! I felt beautiful on my wedding day. Thank you Hanna!

Simply Perfect!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Mina M

Hanna did an amazing job with my hair and make up for my wedding! She was extremely professional and knowledgeable and made sure that I was comfortable with how she was doing my make up every step of the way. She is clearly one of the best in her profession! I also wanted... Read More hair and make up for my mom, sister, and moh. Hanna brought two wonderful artists with her who were fantastic professionals in their own right and they did a incredible job. Thank you!!

Photoshop Perfect look w/o the Photoshop?

Reviewed on 1/20/2015 Tracy L

Hanna and Kim were amazing. They came to the room on time, the makeup was awesome. The photographer loved her. Basically, Hanna knows whats up and how to make you not look like a hot mess. My hair stayed the whole time and my make up didn't run. I'm pretty sure i wouldn't... Read More even be able to photoshop myself to look better. Hanna & Kim managed to do like 10+ people's makeup and hair in less than 5hrs. I wouldn't have even been able to put on false eyelashes in 5hrs. I also liked them because they laughed at our stupid jokes. Sorry that you were feeling sick Hanna BUT she threw up and came right back to do my hair n makeup. That's as hardcore as you can get. I think the only thing that would have stopped hanna from doing my hair n makeup was if the apocalypse happened and god himself/herself took her up the heaven. Just remember to read the contracts people. She does remind you to do a few things to make sure everyone can finish their makeup in the allotted time. However, i thought they were all very reasonable. Thanks again ladies

Simply AMAZING!!

Reviewed on 11/01/2014

There are not enough words to describe how wonderful Hanna was for my wedding. After extensive wedding make-up research it became clear that Hanna was the go to person for weddings. She was always on time if not early and listened to exactly what I wanted. I am very picky... Read More when it comes to my make-up and she just blew my mind. I didn't have to tell her anything. She enhanced my natural beauty without making me look overdone. On my wedding day, I received so many complements on my make-up that I had friends asking for her number. If that's not a true testament of Hanna's work I don't know what is. She is beyond talented and I highly recommend her. Make sure you book her months in advance because she does get busy.

FLAWLESS MAKEUP!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Katy D

I've attended a couple weddings now where I just loved the hair and makeup for the bride and wedding party. Both times the bride told me Makeup by Hanna C. Go check out her pics and you will see why I have to have her do my makeup and hair for my weddings- everyone is picture... Read More perfect and complexion is completely flawless!

Best Makeup Evers!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Lu C

It's been six weeks since our wedding weekend and I thought I should go ahead and leave an updated review of Hanna's work on the big day. She was, in a word, amazing! Surpassed all my expectations!!! Hair and makeup on the day of the wedding turned out even better than the trial... Read More makeup session! Our professional photos and video came back last week and I could not believe how good my hair and makeup looked in all of the shots!!!! How does a girl with mid length, super fine hair walk down the aisle with gorgeous flowing curls down to her lower back that no one even suspected could be extensions? Ask Hanna because I still don't know exactly how she did what she did : ) All I know is that this woman is seriously talented. Ladies, if you are getting married, do no skimp on the hair and makeup! It will make or break your day. And trust me, Hanna is the best!!

Best Makeup

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

I was referred to Hanna by a mutual friend who got married in 2013. I had great communication with Hanna and it was easy to deal with contracts and scheduling. Hanna was hired for my bridal hair/makeup + 3 BM's and my mothers hair/makeup. She brought along her assistant to... Read More handle the bridal party hair while Hanna does ALL make up. I loved everything she did. We all looked picture perfect for my special day. Book Hanna early because her work is high demand!!

Princess for a Day

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

I was a bridesmaid and had the luck of having my makeup and hair done by Hanna. She did such a wonderful job with hair and make up. perfect curls and great "natural" make up. I look forward to getting marrid one day and booking her services.

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

Hanna did an amazing job on me and my bridesmaids!!! I decided to try her out after I saw the before and after pictures she had. I met her at her studio for my trial session. I had some concerns since I have monolids but my worries went away pretty fast after I actually met... Read More Hanna in person and she explained how she has experience with monolids! She's such a friendly person and sooo skilled! I think that was the best I've ever looked! LOL She made me look exactly the same my wedding day!! I'm sooo grateful for her and her assistant! Hanna worked on my bridesmaids makeup while her assistant worked on my bridesmaids hairs. I will say this, Hanna is affordable for her skill level and you definitely get what you pay for and I'm glad I got her!!! I felt like I got the best value with her!

felt soo beautiful on my wedding day...thank you makeup by hanna c!!!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

thank you hanna for making me look and feel my most beautiful on my special day! from the moment we met she was so easy to work with...very open to all my ideas and of course she had plenty of wonderful suggestions for my look. my wedding makeup was a beautiful collaboration... Read More between hanna and myself. what i LOVE most about this experience was that she made me look like a glowing version of myself on my wedding day which reflected exactly how i felt on the inside. i have already recommended hanna to friends!!!!

Amazing hair & makeup artist

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Sarina W

If you want to look beautiful and feel beautiful, Hanna Choi is your girl. She's so knowledgeable in her field of work. She is creative, professional, friendly, and detailed oriented. I'm a wedding photographer and have worked with her countless of times from weddings to even... Read More boudoir sessions. Good hair & makeup does wonders to help make the photo even more phenomenal. Hanna really takes her job seriously and she's passionate about making her clients look fabulous. She also really listens to your needs and concerns. You will not regret hiring Hanna for your wedding day. She will make you look gorgeous!

Hands down the BEST makeup artist!!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

I had personally witnessed Hanna's makeup magic prior to having her make me up. I'd seen countless brides at weddings I've attended get their make up done by Hanna, yet I didnt know who Hanna was. One day, I met her through my boyfriend on an excursion, and discovered it was... Read More the same Hanna whose work I've been seeing at all these Southern Calfornia weddings!! I immediately told my friend, Shirley, about Hanna because she was about to get married soon. I went to the makeup trial with Shirley, and I was amazed by how Hanna made it looks so effortless. I wasn't sure how Shirley would look as she rarely, if ever, wears makeup. But as Hanna breezed through the trial, all while engaging us with her cheerful personality, I noticed that Shirley was transforming! Unlike other makeup artists who make their brides look like pageant girls (bleh), Shirley looked SOOOO beautiful because Hanna accentuated her God-given traits! It was Au Naturale meets Red-Carpet Glam! I'm not kidding. We walked away from the trial two very happy campers! Even if I'm a part of the bridal party, I generally choose to do my own makeup because hey, I've been making this face up for nearly 20 years so I "should" know how, right? Well, after seeing Hanna turn Shirley into a model, I admit I wanted to be made into one, too! So when Shirley asked if I wanted my makeup done by Hanna, I said "I do!!" ;) Hanna was on time and very efficient. She made great use of the space and made great decisions and accommodations regarding the lighting that wasn't readily available in the hotel room. She had thrown up the night before (and early morning) and was feeling pretty sick, but that did not stop her from performing at 100%. She didn't make any excuses nor did she take time away to make herself feel better. She was really on the ball and professional all throughout the appointment. Not only that, she was super fun to talk to and made all of us feel so beautiful and comfortable. I will definitely recommend Hanna to all of my future bride-to-be friends and colleagues. And when my time comes to get hitched, I hope Hanna won't be too busy to make me up then! Thank you Hanna! I'm so thankful for you!

Natural beauty

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Cho J

My makeup and hair were perfect for my outdoor wedding!! Hanna was great and made me feel at ease. She made me look just how I wanted-glamorous but still natural.

Welcoming and friendly

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

Hanna is easy to contact and very friendly professionally.

Do yourself a favor...

Reviewed on 8/27/2013 Michello B

As maid of honor, do your bestfriend/sister/motherinlaw etc. a favor and have Hanna do makeup for their special day. As a gift I hired Hanna as my best friend's makeup artist for her big day. I've been exchanging emails with her frequently about the surprise and what I needed... Read More from her specifically to meet the needs of the bride. I came in for a consultation and Hanna was able to not only flawlessly cover my tattoo, but any previous scars for my teenage acne years. Nothing. You couldn't see any blemish at all! Not only that, Hanna was able to note what would be good for my skin and how to manage it from getting worse. I felt that she was very capable in her profession and it shows in the quality of her work. She's very attentive and down to earth, it really made me feel like it was one of those girls night at home :D A few weeks before I was able to get the bride herself to get a consultation of her work and she absolutely loved it. Everyone loved how our looks turned out to be and the bride was gorgeous. The photos that she provides in her service is also a plus. Very professional and very beautiful with little to none touch up. SHOUT OUT TO M&T!!

You only get one wedding and photos to last a lifetime, go with the best!

Reviewed on 8/27/2013

During a consolation with Hanna, I told her what I wanted with my hair & makeup for my upcoming wedding. I had really high expectations considering that this was a once in a life time moment and I couldn't be happier with the results. She was very flexible with how and what I... Read More wanted for my image. Do yourself a favor and get airbrushed foundation. It conceals anything you want to hide and it doesn't dry or rub off; very natural feeling. Her demeanor is very cute and professional so I felt at ease during the appointment. I told her that I wanted a hairstyle off of a tutorial I saw on youtube and it was absolutely perfect. I have to admit I was a bit concerned because my hair was thin and long, but she made it look fuller without having to put so many products in my hair. I hired Hanna through word of mouth from a few relatives of mine at my cousin's wedding and it's the best decision I've ever made. THANK YOU.

Perfect start to my perfect day!

Reviewed on 8/22/2013 Autumn L

I can't be grateful enough to have had Hanna do my makeup for my wedding day. She was so courteous and nice.. I felt that she was genuinely excited and happy for my big day and it showed in my makeup. She showed up at 4:45am and was hard at work until 9. By the end of the day... Read More you couldn't even tell that I was only running on 5 hours of sleep and complete anxiety haha.. I didn't need any touch up and she even adjusted the style of my hair from the day to evening. All 8 of my bridesmaids were equally beautiful in their own unique way. Absolutely perfect!

Don't skimp on your makeup artist Hanna is the BEST!

Reviewed on 8/14/2013 jennifer s

I had a makeup trial with Hanna this past Sunday, and I loved how I look. My sister liked Hanna's work so much she decided to have her do her makeup as well for my wedding day. Hanna works fast but it did not feel she rushed through her work. She spent the most time on my eyes... Read More to make sure they look perfect, and she uses great quality and long lasting makeup. The eyeliner did not budge at all, even after I had spent a hot day outside. I'm a first timer on putting on fake eyelashes, and the ones that Hannah used look nature. I wanted a smoky eye and Hanna did a great job making my eyes pop. Hanna was friendly and consulted with me on what kind of look I want. I'm pleased with the results, and my fiancé loved how I looked as well. Thank you Hanna!