Mary Wyar Photography

Toledo Cleveland Detroit Columbus Chicago

Artistic, Lifestyle, Modern

Wedding

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Photo, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Toledo Cleveland Detroit Columbus Chicago (440) 823-2585

Reviewed on 5/05/2017 Dana L

Dana - From start to finish Mary was a breeze to work with. She is kind, more than willing to make other vendor suggestions, and obviously an outstanding photographer. I cannot tell you how many compliments we have received not only on our images, but also about her demeanor and... Read More professionalism on the day of the wedding. Mary also went above and beyond when I asked her to shoot film rather than stricty digital and she was more than happy to oblige - it means a lot that some of our images came from my grandfather's camera. Aaron - Thank you Mary for making one of my least favorite things a breeze. I am not usually a picture person, but you made it easy and allowed me to be my goofy self in the process. We are so beyond happy with our choice :) Thank you Mary!

Reviewed on 4/14/2017 Amal A

Mary is so so wonderful! We had such a great experience with her for our wedding photoshoot. My husband and I didn't know what to do/how to pose but Mary guided us so well and everything felt natural. The pictures turned out beautiful with such high quality. She is incredibly... Read More talented, professional, and sweet. Felt like I was hanging out with a longtime friend. I could not stop raving about her to everyone I know. I highly recommend Mary if you are looking for a photographer! You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 4/13/2017 Lizzy L

I wanted to work with Mary the second I saw her work online - and the results of our sessions are (as expected) absolutely stunning! She has been the best decision I've made throughout my wedding planning process. Beyond highly recommend.

Reviewed on 4/13/2017 Kelli Y

Mary did our engagement photos and will be photographing our September wedding. She is so fun, flexible, and the photos came out beautiful! Her style is very unique and modern. Definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 4/13/2017 Sara H

She was awesome to work with! She even suggested a sunrise engagement session and it was worth the 5:30 AM wake up time! She allowed us to be our selves and just take pictures that explain us as a couple so well!! She is amazing and the pictures turned out gorgeous!

Reviewed on 2/05/2017 Erika S

We hired Mary for our July 2016 wedding, and it was definitely one of the best decisions we made! She and her assistants trekked through downtown Toledo with us on arguably the hottest day of the summer to get fun, amazing shots of us in downtown Toledo. Her creative eye is... Read More unparalleled, and it was an honor to have her as our wedding photographer. She is a true professional, keeping my goofy wedding party on track the whole day and getting us to our reception right on time. We adore our wedding photos, and couldn't be more grateful to Mary and her wonderful team!

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Alex R

We hired Mary to photograph our wedding and we could not have been more pleased with the results. She is wonderful to work with and is truly passionate about the work she does. She walked around in the rain with us for almost an hour to get some of the best pictures of us on... Read More our wedding night. My wife and I are so happy with our photos and we will cherish the memories forever. Truly 10/1 0 work.

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Lauren L

My husband and I are so thankful we chose Mary Wyar Photography. We could not be happier with our engagement and wedding photos! Mary was incredibly professional, yet it seemed like we had been friends for years. She was so organized and always quick with communication... Read More throughout the entire process, which took so much stress off our shoulders. With all the planning that went into our special day we wanted to make sure that capturing every moment was never something that we worried about, and it truly wasn’t. We had Mary and Sarah on our big day and they were amazing from the moment they showed up at our home in the morning to the moment they packed up at the end of the night. We were a little worried about organizing family and friends for group shots (it can be a task getting everyone ready for pictures), but Mary handled everyone perfectly. She was well organized in advance and the entire day went seamlessly. The wide-range of art prints, traditional prints and other unique products made it challenging to select what we wanted to remember the day with, but it was a good problem to have. The art and canvas prints look amazing, and we look forward to getting a metal print soon. She offers a nice variety of packages that met our needs and everything we have received from her has been extremely high quality. If you’re looking for a wedding photographer, Mary Wyar Photography exceeded our expectations and we couldn’t be happier. Thanks Mary!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Maureen C

To put it simply, Mary is absolutely amazing. I could go on and on about how talented and professional Mary is. She is extremely comfortable to be around and makes everything seem like a breeze. From our engagement pictures to our wedding day, Mary was always so accommodating.... Read More She has such a great eye for design but also reflects your own personal style into everything she does. Mary is always quick with communication and she is so helpful with organizing your day of schedule. On our wedding day, it rained so the weather was less than ideal for an outdoor wedding, but Mary made me feel so calm and I trusted her completely. Her and her team worked around the rain and you wouldn’t even know the weather wasn’t cooperating from the photographs. I would recommend Mary to anyone and everyone. Her images will last a lifetime and I couldn’t be happier with the decision to have Mary Wyar capture our special day.

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Kelly H

To other couples looking to book a photographer: Mary is amazing! She is a joy to work with and extremely flexible and professional. People from my family and wedding party all commented that when she arrived, they loved how professional and "on top of things" she was. Our... Read More ceremony was a bit less than traditional, and we did not have very formulated ideas for how we wanted pictures to go with family and bridal party, but Mary stepped in and everything went great! One of the things that impresses me about Mary's photography, is her use of background and light. She is able to find the most amazing backdrops in spaces that look fairly "regular" to us non-photographers and make the most beautiful pictures. We came across Mary, because my Fiancee actually worked with her at a photo gig awhile back and he remembered how talented she was. We got in contact and saw some of her work and were instantly amazed. We looked at about 30 other photographers and after we found ourselves saying, "They are good....but they are just not Mary!" to all of them, we booked her :) We had never seen the type of amazing pictures that Mary is able to produce and knew we had no other choice. You will NOT be disappointed if you decide to book Mary as your wedding photographer. It was the best money that we spent during the entire wedding...every penny was worth it!

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 PJ S

Mary is a truly remarkable person and talented photographer! Let me first start with the selection process. We live out of state, and so when it came to choosing a photographer, we based our decisions off portfolios and reviews as we were unable to get a referral in Toledo. The... Read More photos on Mary's website and blog stood out from all others. When we were first able to communicate via skype, we were pleased with the bubbly personality on monitor staring at us, and when we first met in person, there was no doubt that we had made the right decision! I would venture to say that most couples are not used to having professional photos taken, and we would be lumped in that very assumption. We were so concerned that it would be "weird" or that we wouldn't know what to do. I assure you, Mary takes all the cares away. She made the whole process feel so natural and comfortable that we forgot that we were having our photos taken. The outcome, as we had suspected, was breathtaking! Our photos are literally jaw-droppers, and we couldn't be more pleased. If you live in Ohio or Michigan, don't look anywhere else!!!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 maggie l

Mary Wyar photography was excellent! Mary provides a personalized experience from the time you meet her all the way until you get your wedding album. She took the time to get to know my husband and me in order to know what made our wedding day special to us so she could... Read More capture it beautifully in photos. She wasn't afraid to take risks when she thought of new ideas for pictures, making our pictures unique and artistic. she comes highly recommended!

Perfection!!!

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Britney O

Mary Wyar Photography is amazing. Mary and Kerri did such an awesome job with my wedding this past June. Before I started planning my wedding I knew that I had to have Mary Wyar. She's so talented and has such a unique style. I'm beyond obsessed with our engagement and wedding... Read More photos. She's a true professional and is extremely easy going which makes it easy to be your true self in front of the camera. The turn around for getting our photos was super fast as well. Our engagement proofs were up within 3 days and our wedding proofs were up the week we got back from our honeymoon. We went over our price budget but it was totally worth it!!! I would recommend Mary Wyar Photograpghy to any one who wants superb wedding photos. In my opinion she's the best in the Toledo area :)

Amazing!!!

Reviewed on 9/19/2014 Samantha A

I have so many good things to say about Mary, the list could go on and on. She is fun, funny, professional, prompt with communication, extremely speedy with turnaround time, reliable, and most of all, has a great eye! My new husband and I got married less than a week ago and... Read More Mary already sent us a wedding album draft. She has had several weddings in a row, yet still managed to deliver awesome wedding photos in less than a week. In addition to that, she captured the day perfectly! Since we skipped out on a videographer, it was important to us to have a really great photographer. We went over our set budget for photography, but it was so worth it. All of Mary's packages include an engagement session and a wedding album, so her packages are a great value! Thank you, Mary!! P.S. My wedding was 9/13/14 not 12/2/14.

One-of-kind Photography!

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 Sarah C

Mary was amazing to work with. She was able to capture every detail of our wedding and in such an unique way. Her creative style and passion for photography are a few of the main reasons we chose her as our photographer. She is extremely friendly, easy to work with, amazing... Read More response time, and very flexible. There were a couple details that got missed at the wedding and she took the time to come reshoot them. The albums you receive are beautiful quality and top notch. I was able to relive that day thru the photos and I couldn't have asked for a better photographer. I would definitely recommend her to any future couple!

Photos that I dreamed of!

Reviewed on 12/19/2012 Sarah P

I have heard my wedding described as the "perfect Pinterest wedding" time and time again. I credit it partially to all the hard work and planning of my loved ones and myself.. but mainly, I give the credit to ABBY TROXELL. This photographer, rocks! My husband and I searched long... Read More and hard for the perfect photographer. Photography was one of the biggest splurges of our wedding- memories fade, but the pictures last forever. We asked Abby to take candid and natural pictures of our wedding day. She did a PHENOMENAL job! Our photos were creative, candid, and captured the pure joy of our special day. I pride our wedding photos as some of "the best wedding photos" I've ever seen (also a comment we've heard time and time again). Abby didn't miss a moment of our ceremony or reception.. and more than that, she was nearly invisible. She wasn't obnoxiously clicking her camera in our face during the middle of the ceremony and reception. She made my husband and I feel incredibly comfortable and created a fun/relaxed environment. Beyond the wedding, we were so pleased with our engagement photos. Abby was driven to capture the photos my husband and I asked for.. she captured the every day "sarah and geoffrey". Our wedding and engagement photos were so natural- not posed and portraying exactly who we are in our most natural form. BOOK ABBY! She's incredible, and I promise you won't regret it. This lady is worth every penny spent! As a credit to Mary, she was the one who I did all administrative communication with. She was prompt, organized, and very professional. This team is well oiled! A++ Mary Wyar Photography!

Favorite Vendor of our whole wedding!

Reviewed on 9/25/2012 Jessica P

I mean it when I say that Mary Wyar Photography was by far my favorite vendor to work with. First, their online presence is spectacular so you can really get a feel for the style of the photography and their experience level. Mary was SUPER accommadating to the fact that we... Read More were planning an Ohio wedding from Texas. (She skyped us for our first meeting) The whole planning, paying, organization of everything was such a breeze. Mary is on top of every email, question, concern, and request. Because we live so far away, our photographer, Abby, agreed to shoot our engagement session 2 days before the wedding! It's amazing that they worked with us so much so we could have those pictures as well! Abby was such a fun person to work with. She made my husband and I feel super comfortable throughout all the pictures and she just genuinely seems like a cool person who loves what she's doing. It shows in her work. Seriously, just look at their website and you can stop reading this review! :p Now, it's only been a little over 2 weeks since my wedding and Mary has already shown us proofs for the engagement session, the wedding, and the beautiful album that came with our package! Everything is SO beautiful. I really can't say enough good things about Mary Wyar Photography. I'm so happy we chose them!!

Mary is Amazing!

Reviewed on 9/20/2012 Kristyn C

Mary is amazing! She has the perfect fun and modern style that my husband and I were looking for. I truly have not come across another photographer who creates photographs quite like her. She has so much knowledge about photography and knows just what to do to keep us laughing... Read More and to help us feel comfortable. We had our engagement shoot at Ohio University, a place with which Mary is not too familiar, and she was on board with exploring and finding quirky spots to use. We could tell how much of an expert she is after a few minutes of shooting! We were excited that she was willing to take that extra step to make the photos meaningful. She just has a glowing confidence, and that gave us trust that she would make us look so good! On my wedding day, I had nothing to worry about, because I knew that Mary would take care of it all. My husband and I felt like we were the most important people on earth during our shoots, and it is simply because of Mary's contagious spirit and fun loving personality. We made jokes and laughed along with her, Abby and Allison. I will never forget how fun and just so natural it was:) We used the Fauxto Booth, which was the best decision we ever made! Our guests had so much fun, as they had such unique and hilarious ideas of how to pose, and nobody was dissatisfied! Our photos ended up being breathtaking, and every one of my family members mentioned that she just made us look so perfect. Mary was so fast with getting our proofs and album finished, and I was so happy not to be one of those brides who waits so long to see her wedding photos. I would definitely recommend Mary Wyar Photography to anyone who wants her wedding day to be full of fun and who wants to have photos that make everyone think your wedding was the most beautiful thing that ever occurred:)

Captured our day perfectly!

Reviewed on 9/06/2012 Heather Ann G

My husband and I were so pleased with our entire experience with Mary Wyar photography from start to finish. They get to know you from the moment you inquire. We had the pleasure of working with Mary's assistant and we loved her! We first used them for our engagement session &... Read More had a blast! Very fun & candid shots. We were so pleased with the outcome that we took those photos & created a book that would be used at our reception as the guest book. The day of our wedding - they blew us away with their artistic perceptions, fun attitude & perfessisionlism. We now have a beautiful album & photos of our special day that are irreplaceable. Keep in mind to that Mary gives you so many options for photo oppotunities, all the way to purchasing photos ala cart. We are so pleased with our experience & photos that we hope to use them for future family photos! LOVE Mary Wyar Photography!!

Everything we wanted and more!

Reviewed on 2/29/2012 Annie W

Mary is a fantastic Photographer! She was extremely easy to work with and listened to our wants & needs. Both my husband and I were nervous about having our pictures taken as we aren't super comfortable in front of the camera, but Mary made us feel very relaxed. Our wedding... Read More went by so quickly and when we received our pictures they captured the night exactly as we remembered! We receive so many compliments on how natural, beautiful and unique our photos are AND the album is a work of art. Mary is the best!

PERFECT choice for our wedding photos!

Reviewed on 2/20/2012 Elyse G

Mary was amazing from e-mail #1 (of MANY!). It's not easy to plan a wedding from a distance, but Mary made it easy and was very accommodating of our busy schedules. From our first meeting to talk with her and look at her albums in a coffee shop, from our fun engagement photo... Read More shoot, to the wedding day itself, working with her was a pleasure. We felt like she was so much more than just a photographer - everything from helping us find other vendors and providing recommendations, to helping things run smoothly the day of, we couldn't be more pleased. She was a very unobtrusive photographer and did not interfere with the natural beauty of the day. On top of it all, we are totally in love with her style and thrilled with the way the photos turned out. We will cherish them for a lifetime to come and she will always be the first person who comes to mind when a friend is getting married. We have 0 hesitations about recommending Mary to anyone and hope that our paths might meet again in the future. -Elyse & Billy

Wedding Photography of your Dreams...

Reviewed on 2/10/2012 caitlin d

Can be a reality if you hire Mary Wyar Photography. We had the pleasure of having Abby shoot our wedding photos. She was phenomenal. She really took the time to get to know us over our engagement shoot which helped us feel even more comfortable with her on our big day. Each... Read More photo is wonderfully captured, and our album is to die for. Very high quality. Modern, chic, perfect. Don't ruin your wedding with bad photography. Hire Mary Wyar and relax.

green chic :)

Reviewed on 10/07/2011 Caroline D

Abby was our photographer. First, she drove all the way to Bowling Green to come shoot our engagement photos. They were awesome. Full of life and real smiles. She also, obviously, joined us on our wedding day at Nazareth Hall. She was great. She worked with our timeline, dealt... Read More with my anxiety, and made the day fun. The pictures were simply part of the day that captured all of the moments. She was so creative with detail pictures, and used materials that were part of our day to take some great shots of the dress, the rings, etc. We have already received some portraits, and the quality is spectacular. So great! We plan on using Mary Wyar photography in the future. Such awesome people who take some really awesome photos!

One-of-a-kind photographer!

Reviewed on 8/14/2011 Kristie M

Mary was amazing to work with and was able to capture all of the special moments of our wedding day. Her creative style, passion for photography, and ability to tell a story through her photography makes her one-of-a-kind. She was easy to work with, always got back to us... Read More quickly and was amazingly flexible. We absolutely love our photos and would recommend her to anyone looking for beautiful photography!

Worthwhile investment

Reviewed on 8/13/2011 Ashley A

Mary Wyar's photography is truly artwork. If you want cookie-cutter photos in poses that everyone you know has done, then Mary isn't for you. Her work is definitely an investment, but one that my family and I will cherish forever. She has a unique style that requires you to let... Read More loose and step outside the norm, but you won't be disappointed. Everyone that has seen our photos is completely awe-struck not only by the quality, but also by how well the photos convey our personalities. When your wedding day is done, pictures are one of the only tangible things you have left from the biggest day of your life. Do yourself a favor and invest in a photographer whose work allows you to relive that day for years to come.