Mary Wyar Photography

Artistic, Lifestyle, Modern

Destination Weddings, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Toledo Cleveland Detroit Columbus Chicago

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 PJ S

Mary is a truly remarkable person and talented photographer! Let me first start with the selection process. We live out of state, and so when it came to choosing a photographer, we based our decisions off portfolios and reviews as we were unable to get a referral in Toledo. The... Read More photos on Mary's website and blog stood out from all others. When we were first able to communicate via skype, we were pleased with the bubbly personality on monitor staring at us, and when we first met in person, there was no doubt that we had made the right decision! I would venture to say that most couples are not used to having professional photos taken, and we would be lumped in that very assumption. We were so concerned that it would be "weird" or that we wouldn't know what to do. I assure you, Mary takes all the cares away. She made the whole process feel so natural and comfortable that we forgot that we were having our photos taken. The outcome, as we had suspected, was breathtaking! Our photos are literally jaw-droppers, and we couldn't be more pleased. If you live in Ohio or Michigan, don't look anywhere else!!!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 maggie l

Mary Wyar photography was excellent! Mary provides a personalized experience from the time you meet her all the way until you get your wedding album. She took the time to get to know my husband and me in order to know what made our wedding day special to us so she could... Read More capture it beautifully in photos. She wasn't afraid to take risks when she thought of new ideas for pictures, making our pictures unique and artistic. she comes highly recommended!

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Britney O

Mary Wyar Photography is amazing. Mary and Kerri did such an awesome job with my wedding this past June. Before I started planning my wedding I knew that I had to have Mary Wyar. She's so talented and has such a unique style. I'm beyond obsessed with our engagement and wedding... Read More photos. She's a true professional and is extremely easy going which makes it easy to be your true self in front of the camera. The turn around for getting our photos was super fast as well. Our engagement proofs were up within 3 days and our wedding proofs were up the week we got back from our honeymoon. We went over our price budget but it was totally worth it!!! I would recommend Mary Wyar Photograpghy to any one who wants superb wedding photos. In my opinion she's the best in the Toledo area :)

Reviewed on 9/19/2014 Samantha A

I have so many good things to say about Mary, the list could go on and on. She is fun, funny, professional, prompt with communication, extremely speedy with turnaround time, reliable, and most of all, has a great eye! My new husband and I got married less than a week ago and... Read More Mary already sent us a wedding album draft. She has had several weddings in a row, yet still managed to deliver awesome wedding photos in less than a week. In addition to that, she captured the day perfectly! Since we skipped out on a videographer, it was important to us to have a really great photographer. We went over our set budget for photography, but it was so worth it. All of Mary's packages include an engagement session and a wedding album, so her packages are a great value! Thank you, Mary!! P.S. My wedding was 9/13/14 not 12/2/14.

One-of-kind Photography!

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 Sarah C

Mary was amazing to work with. She was able to capture every detail of our wedding and in such an unique way. Her creative style and passion for photography are a few of the main reasons we chose her as our photographer. She is extremely friendly, easy to work with, amazing... Read More response time, and very flexible. There were a couple details that got missed at the wedding and she took the time to come reshoot them. The albums you receive are beautiful quality and top notch. I was able to relive that day thru the photos and I couldn't have asked for a better photographer. I would definitely recommend her to any future couple!

Photos that I dreamed of!

Reviewed on 12/19/2012 Sarah P

I have heard my wedding described as the "perfect Pinterest wedding" time and time again. I credit it partially to all the hard work and planning of my loved ones and myself.. but mainly, I give the credit to ABBY TROXELL. This photographer, rocks! My husband and I searched long... Read More and hard for the perfect photographer. Photography was one of the biggest splurges of our wedding- memories fade, but the pictures last forever. We asked Abby to take candid and natural pictures of our wedding day. She did a PHENOMENAL job! Our photos were creative, candid, and captured the pure joy of our special day. I pride our wedding photos as some of "the best wedding photos" I've ever seen (also a comment we've heard time and time again). Abby didn't miss a moment of our ceremony or reception.. and more than that, she was nearly invisible. She wasn't obnoxiously clicking her camera in our face during the middle of the ceremony and reception. She made my husband and I feel incredibly comfortable and created a fun/relaxed environment. Beyond the wedding, we were so pleased with our engagement photos. Abby was driven to capture the photos my husband and I asked for.. she captured the every day "sarah and geoffrey". Our wedding and engagement photos were so natural- not posed and portraying exactly who we are in our most natural form. BOOK ABBY! She's incredible, and I promise you won't regret it. This lady is worth every penny spent! As a credit to Mary, she was the one who I did all administrative communication with. She was prompt, organized, and very professional. This team is well oiled! A++ Mary Wyar Photography!

Favorite Vendor of our whole wedding!

Reviewed on 9/25/2012 Jessica P

I mean it when I say that Mary Wyar Photography was by far my favorite vendor to work with. First, their online presence is spectacular so you can really get a feel for the style of the photography and their experience level. Mary was SUPER accommadating to the fact that we... Read More were planning an Ohio wedding from Texas. (She skyped us for our first meeting) The whole planning, paying, organization of everything was such a breeze. Mary is on top of every email, question, concern, and request. Because we live so far away, our photographer, Abby, agreed to shoot our engagement session 2 days before the wedding! It's amazing that they worked with us so much so we could have those pictures as well! Abby was such a fun person to work with. She made my husband and I feel super comfortable throughout all the pictures and she just genuinely seems like a cool person who loves what she's doing. It shows in her work. Seriously, just look at their website and you can stop reading this review! :p Now, it's only been a little over 2 weeks since my wedding and Mary has already shown us proofs for the engagement session, the wedding, and the beautiful album that came with our package! Everything is SO beautiful. I really can't say enough good things about Mary Wyar Photography. I'm so happy we chose them!!

Mary is Amazing!

Reviewed on 9/20/2012 Kristyn C

Mary is amazing! She has the perfect fun and modern style that my husband and I were looking for. I truly have not come across another photographer who creates photographs quite like her. She has so much knowledge about photography and knows just what to do to keep us laughing... Read More and to help us feel comfortable. We had our engagement shoot at Ohio University, a place with which Mary is not too familiar, and she was on board with exploring and finding quirky spots to use. We could tell how much of an expert she is after a few minutes of shooting! We were excited that she was willing to take that extra step to make the photos meaningful. She just has a glowing confidence, and that gave us trust that she would make us look so good! On my wedding day, I had nothing to worry about, because I knew that Mary would take care of it all. My husband and I felt like we were the most important people on earth during our shoots, and it is simply because of Mary's contagious spirit and fun loving personality. We made jokes and laughed along with her, Abby and Allison. I will never forget how fun and just so natural it was:) We used the Fauxto Booth, which was the best decision we ever made! Our guests had so much fun, as they had such unique and hilarious ideas of how to pose, and nobody was dissatisfied! Our photos ended up being breathtaking, and every one of my family members mentioned that she just made us look so perfect. Mary was so fast with getting our proofs and album finished, and I was so happy not to be one of those brides who waits so long to see her wedding photos. I would definitely recommend Mary Wyar Photography to anyone who wants her wedding day to be full of fun and who wants to have photos that make everyone think your wedding was the most beautiful thing that ever occurred:)

Captured our day perfectly!

Reviewed on 9/06/2012 Heather Ann G

My husband and I were so pleased with our entire experience with Mary Wyar photography from start to finish. They get to know you from the moment you inquire. We had the pleasure of working with Mary's assistant and we loved her! We first used them for our engagement session &... Read More had a blast! Very fun & candid shots. We were so pleased with the outcome that we took those photos & created a book that would be used at our reception as the guest book. The day of our wedding - they blew us away with their artistic perceptions, fun attitude & perfessisionlism. We now have a beautiful album & photos of our special day that are irreplaceable. Keep in mind to that Mary gives you so many options for photo oppotunities, all the way to purchasing photos ala cart. We are so pleased with our experience & photos that we hope to use them for future family photos! LOVE Mary Wyar Photography!!

Everything we wanted and more!

Reviewed on 2/29/2012 Annie W

Mary is a fantastic Photographer! She was extremely easy to work with and listened to our wants & needs. Both my husband and I were nervous about having our pictures taken as we aren't super comfortable in front of the camera, but Mary made us feel very relaxed. Our wedding... Read More went by so quickly and when we received our pictures they captured the night exactly as we remembered! We receive so many compliments on how natural, beautiful and unique our photos are AND the album is a work of art. Mary is the best!

PERFECT choice for our wedding photos!

Reviewed on 2/20/2012 Elyse G

Mary was amazing from e-mail #1 (of MANY!). It's not easy to plan a wedding from a distance, but Mary made it easy and was very accommodating of our busy schedules. From our first meeting to talk with her and look at her albums in a coffee shop, from our fun engagement photo... Read More shoot, to the wedding day itself, working with her was a pleasure. We felt like she was so much more than just a photographer - everything from helping us find other vendors and providing recommendations, to helping things run smoothly the day of, we couldn't be more pleased. She was a very unobtrusive photographer and did not interfere with the natural beauty of the day. On top of it all, we are totally in love with her style and thrilled with the way the photos turned out. We will cherish them for a lifetime to come and she will always be the first person who comes to mind when a friend is getting married. We have 0 hesitations about recommending Mary to anyone and hope that our paths might meet again in the future. -Elyse & Billy

Wedding Photography of your Dreams...

Reviewed on 2/10/2012 caitlin d

Can be a reality if you hire Mary Wyar Photography. We had the pleasure of having Abby shoot our wedding photos. She was phenomenal. She really took the time to get to know us over our engagement shoot which helped us feel even more comfortable with her on our big day. Each... Read More photo is wonderfully captured, and our album is to die for. Very high quality. Modern, chic, perfect. Don't ruin your wedding with bad photography. Hire Mary Wyar and relax.

green chic :)

Reviewed on 10/07/2011 Caroline D

Abby was our photographer. First, she drove all the way to Bowling Green to come shoot our engagement photos. They were awesome. Full of life and real smiles. She also, obviously, joined us on our wedding day at Nazareth Hall. She was great. She worked with our timeline, dealt... Read More with my anxiety, and made the day fun. The pictures were simply part of the day that captured all of the moments. She was so creative with detail pictures, and used materials that were part of our day to take some great shots of the dress, the rings, etc. We have already received some portraits, and the quality is spectacular. So great! We plan on using Mary Wyar photography in the future. Such awesome people who take some really awesome photos!

One-of-a-kind photographer!

Reviewed on 8/14/2011 Kristie M

Mary was amazing to work with and was able to capture all of the special moments of our wedding day. Her creative style, passion for photography, and ability to tell a story through her photography makes her one-of-a-kind. She was easy to work with, always got back to us... Read More quickly and was amazingly flexible. We absolutely love our photos and would recommend her to anyone looking for beautiful photography!

Worthwhile investment

Reviewed on 8/13/2011 Ashley A

Mary Wyar's photography is truly artwork. If you want cookie-cutter photos in poses that everyone you know has done, then Mary isn't for you. Her work is definitely an investment, but one that my family and I will cherish forever. She has a unique style that requires you to let... Read More loose and step outside the norm, but you won't be disappointed. Everyone that has seen our photos is completely awe-struck not only by the quality, but also by how well the photos convey our personalities. When your wedding day is done, pictures are one of the only tangible things you have left from the biggest day of your life. Do yourself a favor and invest in a photographer whose work allows you to relive that day for years to come.

Worth Every Moment

Reviewed on 1/17/2011 Tara G

Mary is an incredibly talented photographer, hiding out in Ohio. I always felt that photos are one of the most important aspects of a wedding, as they live on forever, and Mary did an amazing job of capturing every moment of our special day. Her professionalism, enthusiasm and... Read More kind-hearted, warm personality round out her talent, but I believe it is her unique vision as a modern-day story teller that I appreciate the most. Our friends and family are as blown-away by her work, as we are! Mary was not only our photographer, but my husband and I see she will be a good friend for life. We look forward to expanding our family, just so we can use Mary again!!

Reviewed on 1/10/2011 Brittany S

Mary was amazing to work with. I was initially drawn in by the original style of her photography. After oogling over her website, I knew I wanted her to take our wedding photos. Not only is Mary a very talented photographer,but also a true professional. This is not just a... Read More hobby or something she does on the side. She takes her craft very seriously. This leads to photos of amazing quality and the best customer service. It was very reassuring to work with someone so reliable. Mary did a great job capturing our wedding day. She managed to catch every moment without being obtrusive. I've been to other weddings with VERY noticeable photographers. The photos she took were beautiful. I'm always so excited to show people our wedding album. I know I will treasure it forever. Mary was a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend her!

Mary is the best!

Reviewed on 1/06/2011 Raquel S

We absolutely loved having Mary for our photographer and now as one of our friends! She captured every moment of our day perfectly. Mary is extremely talented but she never acts like she is better than anyone else (which was the case with other photographers we met.) She truly... Read More has a passion for what she does. I can't imagine our album being any more beautiful! Thanks to the amazing job she did we were picked to have our wedding featured in The Knot Ohio's 2011 Spring/Summer issue! Mary is a pleasure to work with and I would highly recommend her to any bride :)

"Your photographer is amazing!"

Reviewed on 1/06/2011 Renita J

We hear some version of that every time someone sees our wedding photos! My husband and I couldn't agree more. We came across Mary Wyar Photography while planning our Ohio wedding from Washington, DC. The images we saw on her blog made us get in touch with her immediately.... Read More Seriously, we didn't even have our ceremony and reception venue booked! We did our first consult via Skype and we thought it was fantastic she was up for that (long distance couples, don't hesistate!!). MWP has a modern take on wedding photography that brings new meaning to classic... unique yet timeless. While the composition of the photos is spectacular and interesting, she also manages to capture so much emotion (by the way, don't be afraid to do a "first look"... so many advantages to this and the shots from that moment are among the most special from the entire wedding day). So many of my friends have comented that they wished they had someone like Mary behind the camera when they got married. My wedding party loved her! Not only is she an incredibly talented photographer, she is a lot of fun to be around, honest, helpful, and among the most professional vendors we worked with. She's become a friend and given us such fantastic memories in our photographs.

Couldn't have been happier!

Reviewed on 1/05/2011 Laura J

Mary was an amazing photographer who captured our wedding day perfectly. She truly took the time to sit with my husband and I to get to know us and took photographs that were totally us! I really feel lucky to have found her and that she was available to be there for us. I... Read More absolutely love her energy and positive vibe and hope every bride and groom has had/will have as great an experience with their photographer as we did.

love mary!

Reviewed on 1/05/2011 Sarah

I chose Mary as my wedding photographer not more than five minutes after meeting with her! She was so welcoming and fun and exactly what I was looking for in a photograher. Mary takes excellent pictures that you wouldn't normally think. My favorite thing about Mary is that... Read More she can make any scene look gorgeous, from rusty doors and walls to run down and empty buildings. I completely trust her; She doesn't need a list of photographs.It was fun on our engagement shoot when she'd say, "OH OH! I have an idea!" Her albums are not like a traditional album, they tell a story. Mary has great communication skills and seems to email at all hours. She's great at answering questions and is really personable. I would highly recommend her to anyone, it's well worth it. I wouldn't use another photographer for anything.

Mary is the greatest!!!

Reviewed on 1/05/2011 Sara R

Mary is one of the most fabulous wedding photographers I know. I met her in College when she helped out a charity group with a photo shoot and just loved her personality and eye for photography. As soon as I got engaged I called Mary first, she had to be available first and... Read More with her availability we had our wedding date, everything else came after. We love our photos and I look at them all the time. They decorate our home and have a special place in our memory. Would not of had any other photographer to capture our wonderful day.

Better than I Imagined....

Reviewed on 1/05/2011 Beth S

Mary is an amazing photographer. We hired her after seeing her work from a friends wedding and after meeting her. She has a great sense of style and makes an attempt to learn about each couple she photographs. She then incorporates her style and your wants to produce the most... Read More amazing photos. She was able to capture our day perfectly and did more than just take pictures, she told a story so that every time we look back on our photos we remember each and every feeling that we felt on that day. She poses you without looking posed and some of my favorite are ones that she took when we weren't even aware of it. If you want someone to just take pictures of your wedding, Mary is not the person, but if you want someone to capture the true essence of your day then you would be foolish to hire anyone else.

Beautiful, creative photo's that tell our story!

Reviewed on 1/05/2011 Jacqueline C

Mary Wyar came highly recommended to us - and we were thrilled to have her photograph our wedding day. She was extremely professional and a pleasure to work with before, during and after the wedding. Our wedding was slightly nontraditional, and we are a "not so young" couple.... Read More Like our ceremony, Mary honored the traditions of our wedding day while providing a wonderful dash of modern, creative fun. Photographs were important to us and it was our splurge in a modest budget, and we couldn't be happier with our photographer. I'd highly recommend her to any couple seeking a creative professional who will understand your vision and make it "pop" to life.

Mary Rocks

Reviewed on 1/05/2011 Emily G

I am thrilled that we chose Mary to be our wedding photographer! She is fun and laid back, not to mention extremely talented. Not only are her photos amazing, she puts them together into beautiful photo books (that tell a story). I can't imagine working with anyone else.

TO Mary Wyar Photography