Fine Documentary Wedding Photography & Cinema

"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." Katharine Hepburn

Documentary

9f08a459 f4b9 433a 96a4 cf8bc9e1b3dd~rs 100
Fe7719fa d8df 43f7 b18c 942ee8fef3e2~rs 100

Hauppauge, NY (631) 626-8801

Reviewed on 3/05/2016 Alexa G

The absolute BEST photographers out there! From the Bride: The first time meeting Amy & Anthony we knew we had to book them for our wedding (we basically booked our date around them, to ensure they would be available). They were just so easy going, up beat, and you could... Read More tell they absolutely love what they do. Amy was pretty much glued to my hip, from getting ready, getting us out of church on time, and to our cocktail hour so that we did not miss any of it. She kept me calm when I needed it, made me laugh when I was about to break down, and made the day go by as smooth as possible. She captured every moment from beginning to end, I could easily relive our wedding just by putting our photos together. Her style of photography is simple. It's fun and natural. Together, they some how managed to get a group of 16+ people through photos (which came out amazing!) and still have us arrive to our cocktail hour on time (even though we were running an hour behind due to transportation). We have received so many compliments on our photos, some form people we don't know, asking if we were married on some tropical island, because our photos looked amazing. Amy & Anthony truly are the best at what they do and I am so happy we chose them. Seeing as I have heard horror stories from previous Brides and their photographers, I am so glad we went with them. I can't wait to book them again, and I still rant and rave about them to any bride-to-be. Note: If you have kids in your bridal party, don't worry. Amy will do whatever it takes to get them to look at the camera, even if it requires her jumping up and down and making animal noises. From the Groom: The first time we met Amy and Anthony I knew we were going to book them for our wedding. My soon to be wife was already in love with them, so it wasn't really like I had a choice. (Happy wife,happy life right?). It was by far one of the best decisions we made in planning our wedding. Amy and Anthony are professional, friendly, and flexible. I don't think throughout the entire wedding planning they said "no" or "that can't be done." Any request we had they were more than willing to accommodate us. Going to several friends weddings prior to planning our own,we could see how rude and dictator like some photographers could be. Amy and Anthony are nothing like that!! They guided us through some difficult decisions throughout our planning. Our wedding day logistics were a little unorthodox, with every minute counting.. Anthony was more than willing to get dropped off with me , and ride with us in the limo the church. The entire time he was friendly, funny, and professional. The other groomsman couldn't believe how great he was. He took great shots of us laughing and having fun. Mistakes made by our limo service, caused us to run an hour behind. Amy and Anthony offered to drive myself and wife to the venue in their own car so that we wouldn't be late to our cocktail hour. What other photographers would do something like that? They took unbelievable photos of my family, friends, and us on our special day. We barely noticed them throughout the night, but when we needed a photo they were right there. Amy and Anthony even helped the maitre d with time management to make sure we didn't fall behind schedule with our speeches and special dances. If you're thinking or even planning on using Ruby Star, don't wait to long, they book fast as word gets around on how great they are!

Totally blew us away!

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Tamara B

The photography for our wedding day was our number one priority beyond the venue, and the area where we allotted a decent percentage of our budget. On top of samples of wonderful work, we were searching for a photographer who we wanted to have a good connection with, because... Read More honestly, out of all of the vendors you will be hiring, the photographer is the one you will be spending the most time with. That photographer we were in search for ending up being the incredible dynamic duo, Amy and Anthony! From the very first time meeting with them, we knew they were the ones we wanted to have photograph our wedding day. Not only are they talented and professional beyond words, they are amazing people—people who we wanted to spend the day with, capturing our memories and to have fun with while doing so. They are an incredible team who go above and beyond... they truly exceeded our expectations. And the photographs we now have to remember our day by are absolutely stunning—they are so beautiful I get teared up looking at them!

Amazing!!

Reviewed on 8/20/2015 Meg A

I highly highly recommend Ruby Star! Amy and Anthony are amazing photographers. After seeing their beautiful website and all the rave reviews, I knew I wanted Ruby Star for our wedding. We did their engagement shots, wedding photos, photo booth, video, and photo books too. We... Read More absolutely love all of our photos. They are beautiful, artsy, fun, and capture the day perfectly. Amy and Anthony are a joy to work with as well. Amy was hilarious and made us feel at ease during our engagement and wedding day photos. Our emails were answered right away. Amy even called us half way through our engagement to chat and make sure we were staying stress free with wedding planning. Both Amy and Anthony were so on top of everything on the big day. They knew exactly which shots they needed. We were crunched for time so it was super helpful having professionals getting all the shots quickly. They were fantastic with family and kids too. After the wedding, we got our sneak peek back super quick. We got all our photos back within a few weeks too. It was awesome sharing pictures with family on their website. In sum, we loved working with Ruby Star! Amy and Anthony are a joy to work with, super professional, positive, and enthusiastic too. We highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 11/26/2017 Danielle C

I don't think words could truly describe how amazing Anthony and Amy are! from the second we met with them we knew right away that we needed them to be a part of our special day. They are super down to earth and know how to get the perfect shots! From the second they showed up... Read More at both of our parents house comfort set in. From all the detail shots to the whole wedding day I have to say there is literally not one photo I don't like. The photos are just so natural .. we literally smiled and laughed and talked the whole time these pictures were being taken and I never felt like we were taking a " posed photo" (even though some of them are !) I recommend ruby star a million times !!! I promise you , you won't be disappointed .. love you guys !!!

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Brit C

I normally don’t write reviews but I can’t stress how upset I am of how my pictures turned out of my wedding day. I asked for certain pictures that I did not get the pictures that I did get the important ones came out blurry and every time I try to print them it looks like we... Read More were drawn on the paper. Not really a high quality picture and that is what you pay for. As they both were very nice and kind individuals I cannot stress that enough I was just more upset of the quality of the pictures. There are some pictures where I wish I was made aware that I was not smiling I mean I know they’re constantly trying to capture the moment but why take pictures that you know are not going to come out well. Your wedding happens once-in-a-lifetime and moments you can’t redo. It’s sad when you try to look back at your pictures and all you see is how poor the quality was I’m not really of the day.

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Desiree R

Absolutely love them! For our wedding we were looking for high quality photos, affordable prices and people we felt comfortable with and that could help make our day run smoothly. When we spoke to Amy and Anthony, we knew they were perfect for us! They started their business... Read More after a bad experience they had with a photographer and truly go above and beyond. They took so many amazing shots and made sure to get all of the unique photo ideas I sent them prior. We had a few conversations before the wedding where they asked a ton of questions to make sure they understood our family dynamics and what we were looking for, and the day could not have been more perfect! Our parents and bridal party said they were they best photographers they've ever worked with! When we received our photos, we were blown away at how amazing they came out and how they truly captured the day - photos we'll have forever and even saw some moments we missed with our guests! The videographer was also great to work with, was not too intrusive and worked really well with Amy & Anthony. I am recommending Ruby Star to friends & family so hopefully I can work with them again!

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Blayne M

Ruby Star did a wonderful job on our wedding day! Their passion for photography really shines through, and they put their own artistic flare on every picture! Their personalities make them a great team to have by your side to capture your special day! We cant wait for our... Read More wedding video!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Mark and Maureen W

Anthony and Amy of Ruby Star are absolutely the best and were a significant contributor to making our daughter's wedding such a memorable day. They were truly open to all suggestions and were brilliant with their own in making their photographs treasures we will have forever.... Read More The compliments we have received over their work from friends and family are non-stop and made us even prouder of the affair. We're only sorry that we don't have more kids to get married so we could use their services again. Their works are true pieces of art and reflect their glowing personalities. Don't miss them!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Karen S

I had the pleasure of Amy and Anthony taking the photos of my wedding back in 2010 and when I saw that Ruby Star Photography was now taking photos of newborns I jumped at the chance. I thought how special would it be for them to take photos of my beautiful baby boy. Amy was... Read More fantastic, so patient, so sweet with my little munchkin and my little old man doggie who unfortunately is no longer with us. She was able to capture beautiful moments that I will never forget. She lives up to my expectations and plus! I would definitely recommend her to other moms and brides. She is fantastic and so professional but also makes you feel like you are part of a family, the Ruby Star Photography family. If I could give them more stars I definitely would!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 LeeAnne K

Hands Down Best Photographers Around! Aside from Anthony & Amy being so down to earth and fun, they were very professional and truly enjoyed what they do! Not to mention the photos they captured throughout our whole day were absolutely breath taking!! There is nothing better... Read More than getting to relive each moment through the pictures and videos! We cant thank you both enough!!

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Samantha S

Anthony and Amy are simply amazing! Not only did they capture our day perfectly, they were a wonderful addition to it. We are so grateful to have meet them and the pictures from the day. All of our friends and family are so impressed with the pictures and now my cousin is using... Read More them for her wedding in April! Amy is so kind and sweet and without her I probably never would have figured out how to put on my dress or how to bustle it. She saved the day on multiple occasions. Anthony is so funny and relaxed and not afraid to have some fun. My husband really clicked with him. Tom, the videographer, was so stealth, we never even knew he was there, but he was! he got every angle of the day. We feel like amy and Anthony are like family now and will be using them in the future when we have kids. Ruby star was the easiest and best choice I made for our wedding and you would be so lucky to have them!!

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Samantha S

For my now-husband and I, photography was the most important vendor we had to book for our big day. We got engaged during Christmastime, and decided it would be a great idea to get married Memorial Day weekend. We booked our venue on Christmas Eve, and met with Amy and Anthony... Read More the day after Christmas and we instantly felt like all of the pieces for our wedding were magically falling into place, and only a week after being engaged! Amy and Anthony came recommended by our venue, The Old Field Club, and upon meeting them, we instantly understood why. Amy and Anthony both were always around, but also gave us the distance to enjoy our wedding...and gosh did we ever. We are so glad we chose Ruby Star as our photographers, especially now that we have attended weddings since our own. Often, photographers can be so focused on completing a specified shot list, and making sure we get photos with every family member or guest, and I have always felt like that makes the wedding more about the family and less about the bond you just formed with your significant other. Their mission is to tell the story of the big day, and they did so without meddling much, if at all, and that is exactly why we chose them. If it weren't for all of the MANY photos we have, we wouldn't even remember who was at the wedding! I don't even know where they were hiding throughout the night, but somehow, they didn't miss a single one of my ridiculous(ly beautiful) facial expressions. They did a flawless job capturing my husband in his finest moments on the dance floor, and for that alone they earned 5 stars! Jeff and I receive incessant compliments on our photos. Amy and Anthony have done so many weddings, they seem to have developed knacks for getting kids to smile, smoothing over a family spat, getting things back on track when there is a timing hiccup or transportation vendor issues, all while ensuring every detail of the day is captured through their lenses. If I had a vision for a photo, all I had to do was ask and it happened. We also loved that they have a photo booth and props, which we booked, as well, and we have all of the photos taken in there! If you are planning a wedding and looking for a photographer, book Amy and Anthony yesterday. They far exceeded our hopes and expectations for our wedding day, and we are looking forward to booking them for family photos in the future. Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Jillian W

Amy and Anthony were absolutely amazing!!!! They made our day go so smoothly!!! And the pictures all came out beautiful!!! I would recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Jenna H

Amy and Anthony are the absolute best photographers. They are passionate, kind and know exactly how to capture the spirit of your day. Their style is photojournalism with a hint of indie flair. They truly captured the best day of our life and we're amazing to work with. Before... Read More the big day we had a few check ins, emails and one day a surprise card arrived, getting us excited for the big day. The big day arrived and Amy was super flexible amongst the slight chaos in my home and Anthony had a great time with the guys. (Listen to Amy's recommendation about timing your day perfectly btw!!!) we had 5 flower people and Anthony got them all to look at the camera and smile, heck, we were all smiling looking for the "duck" in his camera. They were willing to do anything to get the shot. And boy did they. We have so many stunning photos of us and all the people we love, we literally don't know what to do with them. We highly, highly recommended these consummate professionals. Lock them in early, go for the package with video & you will not have picture regret!!! Thank you Ruby Star!

Reviewed on 7/08/2017 Stefanie M

Amy and Anthony were amazing from the start! From our first phone conversation we knew we wanted to work with them. They listened to all of our requests and added such creative input! They were able to handle our big wedding party and energetic family. We loved the way our... Read More pictures came out and our guests had so much fun with the photo booth. We would absolutely recommend Ruby Star and would use them again! -Stef and Jack

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Emily V

Ruby Star Photography was absolutely amazing and made our day so fun and special. They understood and did everything to accommodate mine and my husbands quirky ways. I would recommend them to anyone planning a wedding! I'm so happy our big day was captured so perfectly by this... Read More husband and wife photography duo!

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Marisa P

Such a great experience start to finish! Once meeting Amy and Anthony, we knew we no longer needed to search. They were a sweet, married couple who were super relatable to my and my husband. We emailed them as soon as we went home and secured their services for our... Read More engagement shoot and wedding. I definitely recommend doing an engagement shoot, as it allows you to get used to the idea of being in the spotlight, and it gave Amy an opportunity to get to know us! As for our wedding day, Amy and Anthony were better than anything you could imagine. From the moment they arrived, they just made the day easier. They felt at home with our families as soon as they entered the door. Their constant smiles just showed how much they love what they do. So much of the day was a blur, but I remember Amy helping my sister get me into my dress and even helping with the bustle. They made sure that we knew that the day was ours and that we could do and enjoy it in a way unique to us. As for the photos, they were perfect. The staged photos are classic, and will be cherished forever, but Amy and Anthony definitely excel at the candid shots. It was great to see the many emotions felt throughout the day, as well as so many funny moments that we may have missed at the time. All these photos made us love our day even more. I don't want to forget the videography aspect! Tom, the videographer seemed to always be where he needed to be for the perfect capture! The video editing was on point and all was set to great music. Anthony even used the drone to capture the different views of the day. So many of the funny moments are now available for constant replay. Ruby Star Photography and Cinema truly provide a comprehensive and quality service that cannot be matched. Their personal touches of love and fun make it even better. They will be our photographers for life.

Reviewed on 12/23/2016 Kira M

Amy and Anthony did such a wonderful job with our wedding! They were caring and fun and made the day so easy for us! We especially had fun with Amy at our engagement shoot! We received access to our photo gallery quickly and the book of proofs is such an excellent touch! It... Read More really makes it easy to share with friends and family so that they can order photos as well. You could not ask for a more professional and experienced pair. We loved working with them!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Katelyn M

Ruby Star Photography was fantastic! Leading up to the wedding, Amy answered every phone call, email, or text message quickly, and she made us feel like our wedding had her undivided attention even though she probably attends dozens of weddings a year. Her enthusiasm... Read More wonderful! I was planning a long distance wedding, and Ruby Star was the only vendor I felt I never had to worry about. The day of our wedding,a Amy and Anthony were professional, engaged, and flawless from the moments they arrived at our parent's houses to the final dance of the night. They fit right in with our families and wedding party in a fun but unobtrusive way and made everyone feel comfortable. Finally, the quality of our photos was beyond my expectations. I absolutely love every single one of my photos and have no regrets. There isn't a single shot I wished I had, because they captured everything I wanted, and they captured it beautifully. Worth every penny!

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Lori O

Amy and Anthony at Ruby Star did an amazing job as our wedding photographers. Anyone who sees our pictures or albums compliments us! We owe it to them and there was no one better to shoot our newborn. They are attentive, patient, and beyond talented in what they do!

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Erin L

We really can't recommend Ruby Star Photography strongly enough! They are true artists-- and as a husband and wife duo, they understand how to relate to the bride and groom, to get them to smile in the right moment, and to say what you need to hear on the big day to stay calm... Read More and enjoy yourself. We love our photos and loved working with Amy and Anthony!

Reviewed on 8/04/2016

I used Ruby Star Photography for my wedding and they were absolutely amazing!! Picking them as my photographers was one of the best decisions I made. They were excellent with communicating with me leading up to my wedding. and their work was outstanding! They are warm and... Read More friendly and truly care about your special day. It's not just another wedding to them. I also recently had a baby and had Ruby Star take my newborn photographs!! It was so amazing to have Amy work with me again on this new chapter in our lives. She was so attentive and loving with my baby girl. After seeing my wedding photographs, picking them for newborn photographs was a no brainer! You will not be disappointed with Ruby Star!! I would give them 10 stars if I could!!

Reviewed on 7/14/2016 Andrea M

Amy and Anthony are amazing, I can't say enough great things about them. Our wedding day was perfectly captured and our photos are so beyond beautiful. During the wedding day they were both so professional and made taking pictures fun, quick and easy while also making sure... Read More to take all of the photos I had requested. They are such a pleasure to work with and the results are outstanding. Highly highly recommended.

Reviewed on 5/30/2016

I cannot say enough about Ruby Star- they were one of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding last August! The quality of their work speaks for itself, we couldn't be happier with the pictures from our wedding. Amy and Anthony were absolutely incredible throughout... Read More the whole process. They always got back to us right away with answers to my (many) questions and were a huge help in organizing the timeline for the day. On the day of, Amy and Anthony were amazing! They captured all the special moments of the day beautifully! Amy and Anthony put my husband, our families, and myself at such ease and were so much fun to work with. I highly recommend Ruby Star!

Reviewed on 4/06/2016

My friends refer to me as the queen of research…I research everything! This was no different when it came to my wedding. After hours of researching photographers I know that Ruby Star would be perfect for my big day! When I came across their website their style was exactly what... Read More I was looking for. The only way I can describe it crisp with a vintage twist. Working with Amy and Anthony was a dream. I have been to countless weddings where the photographers seem to take the spotlight from the bride and groom. This was NOT the case with Ruby Star. They took the most amazing photos in the subtlest way. We also did the Ruby Booth. I loved that it wasn’t this big obnoxious box in the corner of our reception. It had a vintage flare to it that fit in perfectly at my venue. My guests had a blast with it! I wish I could give Ruby Star 10 stars!!