Is this your business? claim it now

Trocadero Clubhouse

San Francisco, CA

Country Club

Food + Catering

2750 19th Ave, San Francisco, CA (415) 831-5500

Be sure to book way in advance

Reviewed on 11/02/2011 Casey K

I loved this location, and really wanted to have my wedding here, but it was booked up for the date when I called! You can book up to a year in advance, so that's what I would suggest doing if you want to secure this place.

Beautiful spot, small venue, a lot to think about

Reviewed on 5/26/2011 Virginia M

I fell in love with Stern Grove and the Trocadero House the second I saw it. I didn't even look at other places. I could envision myself getting married in the area surrounded by redwoods, I could envision my guests hanging out on the veranda with a drink in their hand, I... Read More could envision myself cutting the cake by the giant stone fire place. All of those visions, and more, came true. My wedding was beautiful. But, it required some patience and a LOT of coordination on my part. IT'S SMALL: Depending on your seating layout, and band v. DJ, you really should sketch all of that out before booking. We had a 10 piece band, and they took up a good corner of the room, and the rest of the club house had some scattered cocktail tables, a table for the cake, a table for gifts, and the buffet table. Guests sat at tables on the veranda, at tables set up outside (to the right of the clubhouse), and stood at the cocktail tables when it was time to eat. We had 84 people total, including the bride and groom, and it worked out great. If you do a DJ, you could definitely do tables inside, and then break them down for a dance floor. We just didn't want to break down any tables. But, it can be done. RULES & REGULATIONS: It's a city park, and run by Parks & Rec. They're very nice, but it's not like dealing with the Ritz or Flood Mansion. And, they're not in the wedding business. Most of what they do is book athletic fields in GG Park for intramural soccer teams. So do not expect them to really "get" your bridal vision. They don't have a list of vendors, etc. You need to bring in and coordinate ALL of the vendors. There are permits and permits and permits and permits. I might be exaggerating, but you definitely need a permit to use the clubhouse and the surrounding outdoor space, you also need permits with the SFFD for everything. Don't expect to use votive candles, it probably won't pass the fire test. And, you can book Stern Grove for the morning session or the afternoon session (we booked both), and that can help you stay within a budget, but they don't let you come early or the day before to set anything up, and EVERYTHING needs to be cleared out by 11pm, which is why I ended my wedding at 9pm so that caterers had time to break everything down. Another RULE, no amplified music allowed outside, just inside the house. They say they allow a microphone during the vows, but if you want music during the ceremony it has to be acoustic or has to be something BATTERY operated. We got a battery operated speaker, with a built in CD player, and that's how we did our processional/recessional music. Important questions to ask -- tent rules and regulations. There was NO mention of this any where in our permit and contract, and we lined up a back-up tent in case it rained (because we had tables set up outside), and they first flipped out, then debated over the definition of a tent, and then eventually gave me permission for it. But, this all happened 2 weeks before the wedding, and was stressful thinking we'd have to cram everyone inside if it rained. Turns out we had a great sunny day, and no tent, but the back and forth with the tents, tent permits, contracts, was stressful. NEEDS TLC: Stern Grove is best suited for the brides that have a DIY side to them, and can see this as a "blank slate". It's not fancy. It could use a good power wash, and some branches pruned. But, if you have the right caterer and some help it can l

Review for Trocadero Clubhouse at Sigmund Stern Recreation Grove

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Meredith J

It is very reasonably priced - much cheaper than other venues I looked at. It's an old house so has character and looked great once the decorations were up. The venue included both reception and ceremony sites so there was no need to transport guests from one to the... Read More other. It is easy to get to by public transportation and has a parking lot if you want to drive.;The place is a bit dingy but looks better once everything is set up. Since it is on city property and an historic building there are some restrictions about decorations.