Monica Mercuri is an assistant editor at The Knot Worldwide, specializing in fashion commerce content. Monica is passionate about wedding editorial and loves staying up-to-date on the latest wedding fashion trends and writing informative shopping guides to help to-be-weds, guests and The Knot's readers.
Monica has contributed to numerous magazines covering multiple lifestyle and entertainment verticals. Past projects include researching and calculating the earnings of more than 100 musicians for Forbes' 2019 Highest-Paid Celebrities issue, as well as assisting with style and market work for House Beautiful's 2021 print issues.
Monica grew up in Norwalk, Connecticut, and currently lives in Pennsylvania. When she's not scouring TikTok for the latest wedding trends, you can find her exploring thrift and antique shops, taking spin classes or obsessing over every pup she spots!
Prior to joining The Knot Worldwide, Monica was the assistant style and market editor for House Beautiful. There, she was tasked with writing home and room tours, gift guides and longer-form stories for the digital site. She also assisted the magazine's style and market directors with photo shoots, licensing deals, show homes and robust print packages.
Monica was also a contributor and editorial intern for Forbes' media and entertainment section. For more than two years, she wrote music, media and entertainment content from a business perspective. Monica has interviewed musicians, actors, television personalities, entrepreneurs and social media influencers for the platform. She even researched the earnings of more than 100 musicians, including Taylor Swift and Kanye West, for Forbes' 2019 Celebrity 100 issue.
In addition, Monica has contributed to Billboard and STYLECASTER.
Monica attended George Washington University in Washington, DC. She graduated Summa Cum Laude with special honors in Journalism and Mass Communication. Monica was highly involved on campus, first as a reporter and fact checker for GW's student newspaper, The Hatchet, and then as an ambassador, tour guide and mentor for the journalism school.
She also worked as a project assistant at GW's Division of Student Affairs and was named GW's Undergraduate Student Employee of the Year in 2020. During the spring of her junior year, she studied abroad at Florence's University of the Arts in Florence, Italy, and traveled to more than nine countries.
Awards & Appearances
- Monica was interviewed by the New York Times in 2022 to talk about dressy casual wedding attire.
- Monica's high-profile interviews include Grammy-winning singer-songwriter Carrie Underwood, JoJo Fletcher of The Bachelorette, Queer Eye's Antoni Porowski and Bobby Berk, actresses Hilary Duff and Ashley Tisdale, and more.
- Monica's article announcing Taylor Swift as the top-earning celebrity of 2019 was featured on CBS Sunday Morning.
- Monica contributed reporting to Forbes' 2019 cover story, "Kanye's Second Coming: Inside The Billion-Dollar Yeezy Empire," which has earned more than half a million views.
- Monica was named GW's Undergraduate Student Employee of the Year in 2020 for outstanding contributions to her employer.
- Monica graduated Summa Cum Laude with special departmental honors in journalism and mass communication.
Important Questions from The Knot
Best advice for to-be-weds?
Take time on your wedding day to truly connect with your partner. Before you know it, your special day will be over, so try to live in the moment as much as possible. Enjoy your time surrounded by family and friends, and try not to stress about small things that may arise. Everything will work out in the way that it is meant to!
What’s your all-time favorite wedding song?
This is a difficult question, but I would say "At Last" by Etta James. It is such a romantic and classic ballad.
Dream celebrity wedding guest?
My dream celebrity wedding guest would be, of course, Taylor Swift. And, if she's in attendance, she might as well perform a special acoustic rendition of "Lover" for us!
Best wedding after party snack?
Homemade chocolate chip cookies or late night pizza, please.