87 Engagement Songs You Need to Add to Your Party Playlist
There's no better way to celebrate a marriage proposal than with an engagement party featuring the perfect music. Your engagement party playlist should include classics, dance songs and slow jams to get everyone in the celebrating mood. To help you curate an engagement party song list you'll love, we've gathered 87 of the best engagement love songs from multiple genres. Without a doubt, these romantic tunes will be a great backdrop to celebrating the beginning of this new stage in your life.
In this article:
- The Best Engagement Songs
- Acoustic Engagement Songs
- Country Engagement Songs
- Instrumental Engagement Songs
- Jazz Engagement Songs
- Pop Engagement Songs
- R&B Engagement Songs
- Unique Engagement Songs
The Best Engagement Songs
Creating the perfect engagement party playlist doesn't have to be hard. Check out our roundup of the best engagement songs to start your celebration on a high note.
1. "Marry You," by Bruno Mars
Lyrics you'll love: "Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you / Is it the look in your eyes / Or is it this dancing juice? / Who cares, baby? I think I wanna marry you"
2. "All of Me," by John Legend
Lyrics you'll love: "Give your all to me, I'll give my all to you / You're my end and my beginning / Even when I lose, I'm winning"
3. "My Girl," by The Temptations
Lyrics you'll love: "I've got sunshine on a cloudy day (Woah, woah) / With my girl / I've even got the month of May / With my girl"
4. "Crazy Little Thing Called Love," by Queen
Lyrics you'll love: "There goes my baby / She knows how to rock 'n' roll / She drives me crazy"
5. "We Found Love," by Rihanna
Lyrics you'll love: "We found love in a hopeless place"
6. "Marry Me," by Train
Lyrics you'll love: "Marry me, today and every day / Marry me / If I ever get the nerve to say hello in this cafe"
7. "Thinking Out Loud," by Ed Sheeran
Lyrics you'll love: "So honey, now, take me into your loving arms / Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars / Place your head on my beating heart, I'm thinking out loud"
8. "Love on Top," by Beyoncé
Lyrics you'll love: "Baby, it's you, you're the one I love / You're the one I need, you're the only one I see / Come on, baby, it's you"
9. "Make You Feel My Love," by Adele
Lyrics you'll love: "I'd go hungry, I'd go black and blue / I'd go crawling down the avenue / Know there's nothing I wouldn't do / To make you feel my love"
10. "Trying On Rings," by Maddie & Tae
Lyrics you'll love: "To real life doin' its thing / From some silly seventeen fling / To trying on rings"
Acoustic Engagement Songs
Let the lyrics and the vocals do the talking with these romantic unplugged hits. We guarantee these 10 engagement songs will put everyone in the mood for love.
11. "Put A Little Love On Me," by Niall Horan
Lyrics you'll love: "'Cause you're the only one I need / To put a little love on me"
12. "Don't You Worry," by Oh Wonder
Lyrics you'll love: "We built a little house and filled it with our little dreams / But shining brighter are the moments that were in between / If I'm honest, it felt like love"
13. "Can't Help Falling In Love," by Haley Reinhart
Lyrics you'll love: "Wise men say only fools rush / But I can't help falling in love with you"
14. "September Song (Guitar Acoustic)," by JP Cooper
Lyrics you'll love: "Our love was stronger than lightning / Soft as the cotton you lie in"
15. "You Are the Reason," by Calum Scott
Lyrics you'll love: "I'd climb every mountain / And swim every ocean / Just to be with you / And fix what I've broken / Oh, 'cause I need you to see / That you are the reason"
16. "At Last/Sleep All Day," by Jason Mraz
Lyrics you'll love: "I'm dreaming of sleeping next to you / I'm feeling like a lost little boy in a brand new town"
17. "Wild Horses," by The Sundays
Lyrics you'll love: "Wild, wild horses couldn't drag me away / Wild, wild horses, we'll ride them someday"
18. "That's When I Knew," by Alicia Keys
Lyrics you'll love: "That's when I knew I fell in love / That's when I knew you were the one / That's when i knew you stole my heart away from me"
19. "Real Good Lovin," by Adam Crochet
Lyrics you'll love: "Sweet little girl you know you are my everything / Gonna give you my world (Oh) / Gonna give you a diamond ring"
20. "Blue Jumper," by Marie White
Lyrics you'll love: "I get so caught up in all your words / And even more in your eyes"
Country Engagement Songs
Not every country song is for line dancing. Read our list of the best country love songs for your engagement party.
21. "H.O.L.Y.," by Florida Georgia Line
Lyrics you'll love: "You're holy, holy / Holy, holy / I'm high on lovin' you / High on lovin' you"
22. "You're Still the One," by Shania Twain
Lyrics you'll love: "When I first saw you, I saw love / And the first time you touched me, I felt love / And after all this time / You're still the one I love"
23. "Take My Name (Wedding Version)," by Parmalee
Lyrics you'll love: "Take my hand, let me make your mine / I'm through waiting, taking my time / Never felt like this before / Take my name and make it yours"
24. "This Kiss," by Faith Hill
Lyrics you'll love: "It's the way you love me / It's a feeling like this / It's centrifugal motion / It's perpetual motion / It's that pivotal moment"
25. "Butterflies," by Kacey Musgraves
Lyrics you'll love: "Now, I remember what it feels like to fly / You give me butterflies, yeah / You give me butterflies"
26. "God Gave Me You," by Blake Shelton
Lyrics you'll love: "'Cause God gave me you for the ups and downs / God gave me you for the days of doubt"
27. "I Need You," by LeAnn Rimes
Lyrics you'll love: "I need you like water, like breath, like rain / I need you like mercy from Heaven's gate / There's a freedom in your arms / That carries me through"
28. "From the Ground Up," by Dan + Shay
Lyrics you'll love: "And we'll build this love from the ground up / Now til forever it's all of me, all of you"
29. "Thank God," by Kane Brown & Katelyn Brown
Lyrics you'll love: "So thank God I get to wake up by your side / And thank God your hand fits perfectly in mine"
30. "Forever After All," by Luke Combs
Lyrics you'll love: "They say nothing lasts forever / But they ain't seen us together / Or the way the moonlight dances in your eyes"
Instrumental Engagement Songs
Even though these instrumental songs don't have any words, the romantic message still carries through. Add these tunes to your engagement party music lineup to create the perfect intimate vibe.
31. "Engagement Party," by Justin Hurwitz
32. "Turning Page (Instrumental)," by Sleeping at Last
33. "The Meeting," by John Powell
34. "Landslide," by Kirsten Agresta Copely
35. "Higher Love," by Vitamin String Quartet
36. "Perfect," by The Piano Guys
37. "Stay With Me," by Daniel Jang
38. "Can You Feel The Love Tonight," by Epic Orchestra
39. "Somewhere Only We Know," by Simply Three
40. "Say You Won't Let Go," by Josh Vietti
Jazz Engagement Songs
With soft vocals, powerful instrumentals and passionate lyrics, jazz is one of the best genres to play at an engagement party. You'll love these classic jazz love songs for your celebration.
41. "Cheek to Cheek," by Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong
Lyrics you'll love: "And my heart beats so that I can hardly speak / And I seem to find the happiness I seek / When we're out together dancing cheek to cheek"
42. "My Funny Valentine," by Frank Sinatra
Lyrics you'll love: "My funny valentine / Sweet comic valentine / You make me smile with my heart"
43. "Tenderly," by Ben Webster
44. "Night and Day," by Diana Krall
Lyrics you'll love: "Night and day, you are the one / Only you beneath the moon, under the sun"
45. "My One and Only Love," by John Coltrane & Johnny Hartman
Lyrics you'll love: "The very thought of you makes my heart sing / like an April breeze on the wings of spring / And you appear in all your splendor / My one and only love"
46. "There Is No Greater Love," by Chet Baker
Lyrics you'll love: "There is no greater thrill / Than what you bring to me / Now sweeter song than what you sing to me"
47. "I Love My Baby," by Nina Simone
Lyrics you'll love: "Just say you love me / And we'll go to the preacherman / Just say you love me / And before him we'll stand"
48. "You Go To My Head," by Billie Holiday
Lyrics you'll love: "You go to my head / Like a sip of sparkling burgundy brew / And I find the very mention of you / Like the kicker in a julep or two"
49. "You For Me," by Blossom Dearie
Lyrics you'll love: "Only you can do the things that you do for me / Give a friendless heart / An endless start to romance"
50. "I Can't Give You Anything But Love," by Lester Young
Lyrics you'll love: "I can't give you anything but love, baby / That's the only thing I have plenty of, baby"
Pop Engagement Songs
Want some upbeat songs for your engagement party? Then check out this list of pop jams you and your guests can dance to.
51. "I Was Made for Loving You," by Tori Kelly & Ed Sheeran
Lyrics you'll love: "Hold me close through the night / Don't let me go, we'll be alright / Touch my soul and hold it tight / I've been waiting all my life"
52. "Lover," by Taylor Swift
Lyrics you'll love: "Can I go where you go? / Can we always be this close? / Forever and ever, ah / Take me out and take me home / You're my, my, my, my lover"
53. "Fresh Eyes," by Andy Grammer
Lyrics you'll love: "I got these fresh eyes, never seen you before like this / My God, you're beautiful"
54. "And I Love Her," by The Beatles
Lyrics you'll love: "I give her all my love / That's all I do / And if you saw my love / You'd love her too / I love her"
55. "I Like Me Better," by Lauv
Lyrics you'll love: "I like me better when I'm with you / I knew from the first time, I'd stay for a long time"
56. "Everything," Michael Bublé
Lyrics you'll love: "And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times / It's you, it's you, you make me sing / You're every line, you're every word / You're everything"
57. "Dance to This," by Troye Sivan & Ariana Grande
Lyrics you'll love: "You still look like dynamite / And I wanna end up on you / Oh, don't need no place to go / Just put on the radio / You know what I wanna do"
58. "Adore You," by Miley Cyrus
Lyrics you'll love: "When you say you love me / Know I love you more / And when you say you need me / Know I need you more / Boy, I adore you / I adore you"
59. "Who You Love," by John Mayer & Katy Perry
Lyrics you'll love: "Oh, you can't make yourself stop dreaming / Who you're dreaming of / If it's who you love / Then it's who you love"
60. "Sucker," by Jonas Brothers
Lyrics you'll love: "I'm a sucker for you / You say the word and I'll go anywhere blindly / I'm a sucker for you, yeah / Any road you take, you know that you'll find me"
R&B Engagement Songs
R&B is another ultra-romantic music genre you need on your engagement party soundtrack. From throwbacks to contemporary tunes, we have it all.
61. "Leave the Door Open," by Bruno Mars, Anderson .Paak & Silk Sonic
Lyrics you'll love: "I ain't playin' no games / Every word that I say is coming straight from the heart / So If you tryna lay in these arms / I'ma leave the door open"
62. "I Swear," by All-4-One
Lyrics you'll love: "And I swear by the moon and the stars in the sky / I'll be there / I swear like the shadow that's by your side / I'll be there"
63. "All My Life," by K-Ci & JoJo
Lyrics you'll love: "And all my life / I prayed for someone like you / And I thank god / That I / That I finally found you"
64. "Let's Get Married," by Jagged Edge
Lyrics you'll love: "Meet me at the altar in your white dress / We ain't gettin' no younger, we might as well do it (We ain't gettin' no younger, girl)"
65. "Love," by Musiq Soulchild
Lyrics you'll love: "Many days I've longed for you / Wanting you / Hoping for the chance to get to know you / Longing for your kiss"
66. "Boo'd Up," by Ella Mai
Lyrics you'll love: "Oh, how many ways can I say that I need you? Baby, it's true / I think I might die without you"
67. "What Kind of Love," by Childish Gambino
Lyrics you'll love: "You like to call me koala / I'll be your Simba, you're Nala / Wherever you go I'll follow—little lies"
68. "Heaven Can Wait," Michael Jackson
Lyrics you'll love: "I don't want nobody else to hold you / That's a chance I'll take / Baby, I'll stay, Heaven can wait"
69. "Find Someone Like You," by Snoh Aalegra
Lyrics you'll love: "I've been waitin' my whole life to find someone like you / Find someone like you / Baby I, I want this / I want this to last forever"
70. "Girl," by The Internet
Lyrics you'll love: "Girl (you're mine) / If they don't know your worth / Tell 'em you're my girl / And anything you want is yours"
Unique Engagement Songs
Play these unique songs to incorporate music you don't typically hear at engagement parties. Your guests will ask you to share your playlist with them, guaranteed.
71. "Loving Is Easy," by Rex Orange County & Benny Sings
Lyrics you'll love: "Yeah, loving is easy / When everything's perfect / Please don't change a single little thing for me"
72. "Music Sounds Better With You," by Stardust
Lyrics you'll love: "Ooh, baby / I feel right, the music sounds better with you / Love might bring us back together"
73. "She Treats Me Well," by Ben Howard
Lyrics you'll love: "She's alright / When everyone is wrong / She's alright / Lets me waste another song"
74. "Floating In Love," by Triathalon
Lyrics you'll love: "You keep me floating in love / You keep me floating"
75. "Love," by Lana Del Rey
Lyrics you'll love: "Doesn't matter 'cause it's enough / To be young and in love, ah, ah"
76. "Mystery of Love," by Sufjan Stevens
Lyrics you'll love: "Oh, oh woe-oh-woe is me / The first time that you touched me / Oh, will wonders ever cease?"
77. "I'm Kissing You," by Des'ree
Lyrics you'll love: "Touch me deep / Pure and true / Gift to me forever"
78. "Dreaming of You," by Selena
Lyrics you'll love: "Late at night when all the world is sleeping / I stay up and think of you / And I wish on a star that somewhere you are / Thinking of me too"
79. "You Make Loving Fun," by Fleetwood Mac
Lyrics you'll love: "Don't, don't break the spell / It would be different and you know it will / You, you make loving fun / And I don't have to tell you but you're the only one"
80. "All This Love," by DeBarge
Lyrics you'll love: "There is so much love inside me / And all that I have / I give my all to you"
81. "Fantasy," by Mariah Carey
Lyrics you'll love: "But it's a sweet, sweet fantasy, baby / When I close my eyes, you come and take me"
82. "Heart to Heart," by Mac DeMarco
Lyrics you'll love: "To all the days we were together / To all the days we played a part / In each other's lives, heart to heart"
83. "Like Real People Do," by Hozier
Lyrics you'll love: "Honey, just put your sweet lips on my lips / We should just kiss like real people do"
84. "Wonderwall," by Oasis
Lyrics you'll love: "Because maybe / You're gonna be the one that saves me / And after all / You're my wonderwall"
85. "Baby I'm Yours," by Arctic Monkeys & the 747's
Lyrics you'll love: "Baby, I'm yours (Baby, I'm yours) / And I'll be yours until the stars fall from the sky"
86. "The Moon Song," Karen O & Ezra Koenig
Lyrics you'll love: "There's things I wish I knew / There's nothing I'd keep from you / It's a dark and shiny place / But with you my dear / I'm safe and we're a million miles away"
87. "Us," by Regina Spektor
Lyrics you'll love: "They made a statue of us / And put it on a mountaintop / Now tourists come and stare at us"