BTW Photography

Detroit, all of Michigan, and anywhere there is love.

Elegant. Emotional. Timeless.

Known for his photographic blend of artistry and candidness, Brian Weitzel of BTW Photography focuses on taking elegant, emotional, and timeless images of your wedding day. Read the reviews and see what brides have to say - it is no surprise why he has a 5-star rating and received The Knot's Best of Weddings 2015, 2016, and 2017. Brian purposefully limits his availability to just 25 weddings per year, allowing him to dedicate the attention and detail to your wedding that it deserves. Brian's work has been published in over 30 blogs and magazines, including national publications. At the end of your wedding, your photos are one of the only things you get to keep to relive and remember your day. Invest in your photography wisely. Serving Metro-Detroit, Ann Arbor, and all of Michigan.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle

Detroit, MI Detroit, all of Michigan, and anywhere there is love. (586) 354-0845

Reviewed on 7/06/2016

Where to begin... Brian was worth every penny, without a doubt. From the moment Ali and I met Brian, we knew he was the right choice. He was professional, courteous and genuine. He has a way about him that makes you feel comfortable and like you have know him for years.... Read More Leading up to the wedding, Brian put us at ease by scouting out the venue, the church, our first look at the Detroit Zoo and going over the wedding day timeline. He was great about meeting and he completely understood our vision. The wedding day couldn't have been better. Brian has a way of being present without noticing him. He captured the best moments with great perspective. Our photos are incredible! I have certainly missed several hours of work due to sneaking peeks at our photos. Brian captured all the shots we wanted and more. I would recommend BTW Photograpghy to everyone. Brian is an extraordinary photographer and an even better guy. You don't meet many people as kind, talented and real as Brian.

Reviewed on 9/30/2016 Cloryssa W

I knew I wanted Brian to be my wedding photographer before I knew who I wanted to marry! I know that sounds crazy but I have been following Brian’s growing photography studio on facebook long before my husband and I were even dating. I was lucky enough to meet Brian through a... Read More friend a few years back and I could tell that he had been given a special talent for photography. I knew Brian had a passion for his work and really invested time in his clients. It just made sense to book BTW! When we first booked Brian he set up a skype date with my husband and I (we lived out of town) and talked with us for two hours! Asking about our relationship, how we met, and things we love to do so he could get to know us more. Because he knew us so well he understood what we wanted and really captured the essence of our relationship in every image. We were also super comfortable with him which made a lot of our poses more natural. Throughout our entire engagement he was there for direction. I’m not exaggerating when I say he probably spent an upwards of 20 hours just getting to know us and helping us with advice. From setting up a timeline for the day of, to recommending other great vendors he was there for guidance. The time he invested into us before our wedding made us certain that he wanted the best for our big day as well. Brian is very creative and has a special talent for making any space look gorgeous in a picture. Every Bride is in denial about rain on her wedding day (I know I was), but it’s reality. The day of our wedding was a torrential downpour! With all of our pictures being switched to inside I didn't have to panic or worry because I knew Brian had everything under control. He has a very calm mannerism and truly wants his work to be the very best, not just for you but for him as well. He was able to turn this hallway into a beautiful background and found couches, walls and mirrors for us to pose next to and made them look gorgeous in photos. The harsh lighting inside was not ideal, but with the help of his assistant they created their own lighting that made us look very natural and bright (despite the dark storm outside). Luckily, during cocktail hour the rain let up for about 30 minutes and he took us outside and snapped as many pictures as he could. He strives for his clients to love his work and it truly shows. Photography is the most important thing at your wedding! After everything is said and done, the flowers die and the dress gets put away, but the pictures you will be able to keep and show off forever! His artwork is timeless, elegant and classic. Brian can’t tell you he’s the best because he’s humble…but I can! He is worth it! Book BTW and you will not regret it!

Highly Recommended!

Reviewed on 12/13/2015

Brian was everything we hoped for in our wedding photographer. My husband and I live in Chicago, and when we initially reached out to Brian, he spent more than an hour chatting with us via Facetime. When we went back to Michigan to look at our Church and reception venue for... Read More the first time, he spent the entire afternoon getting to know us as we walked both venues together. He always made us feel as though we were his priority and ensured he understood what we were looking for in our wedding photos. As a bride, I also appreciated his calming energy on our wedding day. We had a glitch with transportation and our ceremony was delayed 30 minutes, and Brian helped to keep everyone at ease by taking this time as an opportunity to snap a few additional photos. Brian more than delivered on our wedding photos, and we truly enjoyed spending our day with him. He also had our edited photos ready less than a month after our big day, which was the icing on the cake!

Reviewed on 12/31/2016 Jackie S

We cannot say enough great things about our experience with BTW photography! We did our engagement and wedding photos with Brian, who is just wonderful to work with! We really appreciated that he took the time to get to know us before the wedding and that he was willing to... Read More listen to any ideas or input we had regarding photo locations, poses, ideas, etc. He really captured who we are as a couple in all of our photos. On top of being a great photographer, Brian was also extremely organized, which was so appreciated!

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Liz R

We worked with Brian for our wedding day in November of this year. From our first meeting we knew that he was the perfect fit for us - passionate and creative but also very organized and methodical. Having extremely large extended families, we needed someone that would take... Read More charge and make sure we got the shots we wanted and Brian certainly delivered. His assistant brought a much appreciated comic relief and the whole process was seamless. We got our edited photos back within 3 weeks and they are beautiful!!

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Veronica H

Brian was recommended to me by an old classmate when I found myself looking for a photographer on very short notice. My now husband and I found out we were expecting in August and quickly planned a VERY small wedding for November. I did not have the highest expectations for... Read More finding a photographer at a reasonable price in such a short time, but Brian exceeded expectations. He was prompt and professional and helped out in so many ways, even outside of capturing out special moments. We get tons of compliments on the pictures from family and friends - they are stunningly beautiful and absolutely timeless. I could not be more thrilled with choosing Brian to photograph the best day of my life.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Kristina D

Where do I begin? Brian was AMAZING!! As a Bride, you want everything to run smoothly, and Brian definitely helped with that. My makeup artist ran 2 hours late the morning of my wedding...which cut out some pictures I wanted. Brian still got all the photos I wanted and kept me... Read More calm throughout the entire day. Our wedding pictures came out to be above and beyond our expectations! Simply awesome! Two weeks after our wedding, Brian sent us OVER 1,100 images and my husband and I were just amazed and blown away by the quality of images and the moments he so perfectly captured for us. When I told family and friends how many pictures he sent us, they said "Wow, you'll have to sort through all the bad ones, that sucks!" This was not true at all! I love every single photo, it's going to be very hard choosing pictures for our album. Every picture is awesome, showcasing the love we felt for each other on the day of our wedding. HE IS WORTH EVERY PENNY!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Stacy K

We could not have been happier with BTW photography. Brian was a pleasure to work with and helped the day run smoothly. His professionalism and attention to detail resulted in photographs that will be treasured forever! Brian helped to make our wedding a wonderful day!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016

Brian and his photography partner were an absolute joy to work with. We had a small backyard style wedding, and they not only took absolutely stunning photographs they also helped make sure we didn't miss any key photo opportunities (they really went above and beyond). I highly... Read More recommend BTW to anyone looking for a photographer, and especially anyone who loves those perfect candid shots!! We couldn't be happier with the results!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Samantha R

Future Brides & Grooms: Here is definitive list of what you should upon getting engaged: Step 1 - Celebrate Step 2 - Tell loved ones Step 3 - Book Brian & BTW Photography From our first meeting to our wedding, Brian was with us every step of the way. He made us feel... Read More comfortable and at ease at our first meeting with him and during our engagement photos. Throughout our wedding planning process, Brian consistently checked in with us and provided us with suggestions such as why we may want to do a first look (best suggestion ever by the way)! By the time it came for our wedding day, it felt like Brian was an old friend, which helped in creating some amazing wedding photos . We were so comfortable around him and in turn our bridal party was also comfortable, making for an enjoyable picture taking experience. Brian was nothing but professional the entire wedding day. He helped me create a detailed schedule and helped to ensure that we stuck to the schedule, so that my husband and I could get all the photos that we really wanted. One thing that we loved was Brian's creativity in different and unique shots and his dedication to get the perfect shot. We ended up with beautiful, timeless wedding photos that we will be able cherish for our lifetime. My husband and I truly believe that Brian was worth every penny. He helped make our wedding day the best day ever. Even our guests were raving about him and his photos by the end of the night. Now that our wedding is over, we not only have gorgeous wedding photos we also have a new friend in Brian. Brides and grooms, I cannot stress enough, consider BTW Photography for your big day!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Taylor S

We discovered Brian because he shot a wedding of someone we knew in Port Huron. Immediately after seeing his work, we called him and booked him—we actually moved the wedding up a week so that we could fit into his schedule, as it was only 8 months in advance. Although he is a... Read More bit pricey, I cannot stress enough that Brian’s services are worth every penny, if not more. Looking back at the level of professionalism and the quality of the photos, along with the fact that he gave us a digital copy of all of them for our own printing purposes AND created a leather bound album for us, if I could do it again and had to pay more, I would. Brian is a complete professional who knows the importance of detail in the way he runs his business. Immediately after contacting him, he requested to meet with us to learn about who we are and what we envisioned for our wedding day. A few months later, he sent us a handwritten card and relationship book to help us remember that we should prepare for our marriage as much as we were preparing for our wedding day. He gave us reading material that highlighted important planning decisions (budgeting, first look, etc.) and helped me plan our timeline in detail, which was so helpful. Additionally, although we chose a package on the low end of his offerings, he never pressured us to up our package. He actually ended up giving us more than we paid for because he stayed about two hours extra at the reception. On a technical level, Brian’s results are truly outstanding. I love digital photography and I received a minor in college, so I have a somewhat critical eye when it comes to photographs. A friend got married and I couldn’t help but notice the edges of cars and boats in the background and the treetops being half cut off. Brian not only captured the true essence of who my husband and I were and the carefree country vibe of the day, but from a technical perspective, he produced so many “perfect” photographs that it was incredible. Looking through the album, you can’t even pick a favorite image because they are all outstanding for different reasons. Last but not least, I will leave you with this quote from my husband (who usually is done after 2-3 pictures) on the night of the wedding as we drove to our hotel… ”Thank goodness we hired Brian, he was with us all day and he was so patient and organized. Imagine if we had hired someone who didn’t know what they were doing.” We recommend BTW Photography to anyone who wants gorgeous photos, a personalized experience, and a hassle free wedding day. Please do yourself a favor and spend the money on quality photography (regardless of who it is), because your photographer’s persona will greatly impact your wedding day experience. Calm and organized, capturing everything you discussed or stressed out and rushing through things that were supposed to be important…it is truly your choice. Your photos are the only tangible thing (other than your wedding dress, which no one ever sees) that you will use to reflect on your wedding day for years to come. MAKE THEM ROCK!

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Brooke B

Brian did such an amazing job photographing our wedding day! His attention to detail is tremendous and he made sure the whole day went smoothly. He is so professional and he truly captured the entire day beautifully. We cannot thank him enough for providing us and our family... Read More with photos that enable us to relive the emotions of the day. We could not be happier with the portfolio he produced. He has a special talent and certainly makes the most of it! Thank you so much for capturing our special day and being such a fun part of it!

Reviewed on 5/23/2016 Danielle B

I cannot recommend Brian enough and have received SO many compliments on our engagement and wedding photos. He is so quick to respond and so wonderful to work with. We planned from Boston and he was very flexible and willing to work with us and our schedule. We were married on... Read More May 14th and we already received our photos. Just by looking at them, I can feel every emotion I felt that day! He and his assistant (Lyla *not sure if spelling correct*) were nothing short of amazing. Thanks again, Brian! Danielle & Brad

10/10/2015 Michigan Wedding

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Leslie S

Brian was a fantastic wedding photographer. He was very easy to work with, including during contract negotiations. Through our discussions before the wedding, Brian developed a good understanding of what we wanted to capture at our wedding and executed it flawlessly. He also... Read More has a very good, calm energy. The pictures are lovely, and I am so happy to have such a beautifully documented day.

BTW Photography

Reviewed on 9/19/2015 Stefanie J

We knew at the beginning of our first meeting with Brian that we wanted him to be our photographer! His passion and talent showed in all of his work and in the way he talked to us about how he became a wedding photographer and his vision he tries to capture with each client.... Read More He brings a level of professionalism that is rarely seen. Whether it was showing up an hour early to scout locations best suited to shoot, or making it a priority to learn the first and last names of our entire bridal party. Brian was a first class photographer from start to finish. We loved all of our photos (engagement session & wedding) and received nothing but good comments on his amazing work from numerous guests. We would recommend Brian to anyone for any occasion!!

Amazing Photographer!

Reviewed on 9/12/2015 Laura K

We used Brian at BTW photography for our August wedding in Ann Arbor. We currently live in Seattle so all of our interactions with Brian before the wedding were done over the phone. He was very flexible to work with us, the time difference, and prompt in answering all of my... Read More questions before the wedding (and there were many!). As other reviews say, Brian is very detailed and has great customer service. He did many things throughout the planning process that added just an extra touch. We especially appreciated the quick turn around time for our wedding photos- we received them while still on our honeymoon. I have heard horror stories from friends that had to wait months to see their photos, and it was great to have a chance to look over them while we were still on vacation! I highly recommend Brian and BTW photography!

Picturesque!

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 Tommy T

I feel so fortunate that I decided to go with BTW photography for my wedding photography. Brian was easygoing but at the same time professional. He takes his time with you and appears to love what he is doing. Brian went out of his way to scout out our "first look" location and... Read More he couldn't have picked a better spot. Our pictures are unique to any others and I am in love with them. He has a classic, timeless style. I have looked at all 688 wedding pictures multiple times and still smile when I see them. Brian also did our engagement pictures and we are just as pleased with them. BTW photography is worth the money and I would recommend him to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 Auldon S

I would highly recommend Brian Weitzel and BTW Photogrpahy. The experience was unforgettable and the pictures are stunning They go out of their way to make you feel comfortable, special and relaxed at all times. Brian is one of the nicest guys my husband and I have ever met so... Read More it was enjoyable spending time with him during our engagement shoot prior to our wedding along with the time on our wedding day. The ability to be personable as well as highly professional is a skill Brian has mastered. His skill and artistic eye behind the camera is exceptional and I believe that is what sets him apart from many. Along with the "extras" that he pays close attention to and goes above and beyond on like his hand written notes, custom USB's and a selection of photos sent to you after the wedding! I would hire him and BTW prhotgraphy again in a heartbeat!

BEST. PHOTOGRAPHER. EVER!

Reviewed on 8/27/2015 Katelyn S

When we met with Brian for the first time we knew instantly that we wanted him to be our photographer. We definitely made the right decision. Brian not only makes you feel comfortable, but he makes taking photos FUN! This is huge considering my husband HATES having his... Read More picture taken. We LOVE our engagement pictures and LOVE our wedding photos. We got married in an old catholic church in Detroit and the photos that Brian took truly captured the beauty of the church. Not only is his work amazing, but he was able to keep our 22 person wedding party focused during photos and took AMAZING pictures. Brian is such a professional and knows what he is doing. With all of the stress of the wedding, my husband and I didn't have much time to scope out Detroit to decide where to take pictures. Brian had amazing recommendations for where to go and I couldn't be more pleased with our final product. One of the other really wonderful things that Brian did was edit some of our photos during dinner and set out a TV with the images scrolling on a slideshow. Our guests were blown away with how beautiful they turned out. I would definitely recommend Brian and BTW photography for future brides and we will definitely be using him in the future if we ever get other pictures taken.

Brian Weitzel of BTW Photgrapher is Amazing

Reviewed on 7/28/2015

Brian at BTW photography was amazing. We felt so comfortable. He made himself very discrete to get the candid pictures we wanted. Brian will also do anything to get the perfect shot. He stepped around horse manure, logs, dangerous metals and roofs to get the perfect picture... Read More for us. He also laid on his stomach within ten feet of a horse on Mackinac Island to get the a picture we wanted. His attention to detail is perfect. He even gives details about things so small, such as where to put your fingers or how to tilt your chin. Brian wasn't just our photographer; he became our friend. He has a gentle soul and spirit. We had so much fun laughing with him and talking with him. Lori-Jene and I would recommend Brian for any event. As someone in the events buisness, I have worked with a lot of photographers, but none of them were as kind, caring and detailed as Brian was. Feel free to contact us about BTW Photography anytime to ask further questions, but I would recommend Brian to anyone, anywhere in the entire world. We are so happy with his pictures, his service, and the way he cares about his clients. Brian's clients aren't just clients to him; they are family. Our kindest regards, Matthew & Lori-Jene Ephraim [email protected] Married June 27, 2015 at Mission Pointe Resort on Mackinac Island.

High Quality

Reviewed on 7/21/2015

Brian's work was wonderful. He put so much attention to detail into his work and the photos were stunning. Photography is one item where you get what you pay for and Brian delivered beautifully.

Beautiful

Reviewed on 6/20/2015 Jenna W

I was trying to stick to a tight budget, so I was originally going to go with a larger photography company where they contract out photographers, but beware of these companies-- after a bride told me they offer print credits for 5 star reviews, and you don't get to meet your... Read More photographer before your wedding, I knew I needed to re-evaluate. I had met Brian at a bridal show and loved his work, and I'm so glad we decided to use BTW photography. Brian and Eric shot our engagement photos and wedding day, and I couldn't be happier with all of the pictures. I'm so grateful for these beautiful mementos of our special day. I can't stress how important it is to surround yourself with experienced professionals for your wedding who care about the quality of their work. I'm definitely recommending BTW to everyone I know.

Simply the "Best" Wedding Photographer

Reviewed on 6/15/2015

When we first spoke with Brian about his services, I thought "hmmmmm his prices are a little on the high side". Our other bigger concern was on what background scenes could be used in the photo's since the wedding was scheduled for March and most filming would likely be done... Read More indoors. Well as you know the old adage...."you get what you pay for"...With BTW we learned that we definitely got what we paid for and beyond. Brian the owner is creative and very professional. Above all he and his team was such a pleasure to work with during the wedding as they worked in a non-disruptive (stealth-like) manner. The photo's taken were beautiful and captured the feelings of the major (and minor) moments of the wedding. We've seen the video trailer and are awaiting the full video's to arrive. I'm certain we won't be disappointed. BTW is simply the best and I highly recommend their services. Sharon

Photos to last a lifetime!

Reviewed on 6/08/2015 Shaina B

The owner Brian was such a pleasure to work with! From day one of meeting him we were so confidant with him and his work. His photos are outstanding! All our family & friends have said they've never seen such goregous photos before! We're beyond happy that we decided to go... Read More with BTW, the whole crew was such a delight to work with the day of the wedding. Anyone I know who is engaged, I'll be sending them BTW's way! Thank you guys for being so easy to work with and giving us such stunning photos to be able to show our grandchildren one day!

Amazing Photographer

Reviewed on 3/05/2015 Lenore B

I would recommended BTW Photography to anyone that wants to have classy, elegant, unique, amazing pictures to have from one of the best days of a couples life. Brian is professional and passionate about the work he does and truly cares about your needs and wants. I had a winter... Read More wedding and Brian was able to take all my visions and make it a reality. If you use BTW you will be one happy bride!

Brian

All my life, I have been drawn to photograph of beautiful things. At a young age, my parents let me play with their old camera and by the age of twelve, they gave me rolls of film as my vacation souvenirs. I went into wedding photography for the emotion and beauty of it. To me, it is the most important genre of photography, and that is why I am dedicating my life to it. I love dogs, skiing, funky music, craft beer, new friends, and my awesome fiancee. My clients become my friends and that is the best part of the job; we share some of life's most precious memories together.