Book Your Wedding with Chez

A HISTORIC VENUE IN CHICAGO, IL

Chez, located in Chicago, Illinois, is an elegant modern space ideal for a wide range of lavish wedding events. From rehearsal dinners to grand receptions, intimate ceremonies and private parties, Chez has everything you need to host a successful event. Chez also prides itself on premium customer service, as well as close relationships with the best caterers and vendors Chicago has to offer. Once home to Chez Parée nightclub, where Nat King Cole and Frank Sinatra performed, Chez is a historic location that your wedding guests will be sure to remember.

This loft space features 5,000 square feet in an open layout that is easily customizable to the type of event, number of guests and decor choices you have in mind. The space features white-painted brick walls, white columns, a modern glass staircase to highlight the room, a contemporary glass chandelier and floor-to-ceiling windows covered in sheer drapes. For a wedding ceremony, Chez can accommodate up to 160 people, depending on your layout preferences; for a wedding reception, as many as 200 people can be comfortably seated. These layout choices include area for a dance floor, as well as a DJ or band. For all layouts, a bar, coat check and catering prep space is available. Upstairs, you will find a private suite that is ideal for getting ready, along with restrooms for everyone.

Included in the rental fee of Chez is seven hours of event time (from 5 p.m. to midnight) and three hours of vendor load-in time, plus an hour and a half of vendor load-out time. You also have the option to extend your wedding reception up until 2 a.m., and additional rental fees apply for each hour after midnight. To secure an event date, a contract and non-refundable deposit of 50 percent of the total fees is required.

Chez asks that you work with one of the catering companies that they have personally selected. These caterers are flexible to your dietary and financial needs. For those with family out of town, a remote tour is available via Skype or Facetime to show off the space. A final walkthrough is recommended two weeks before the wedding date to finalize details with the venue, caterer and other industry professionals.

Some of the extra perks that you'll receive when you choose Chez as your wedding venue of choice include:

• 200 clear mirage chairs
  • 13 16-inch round tables
  • 12 8-foot by 40-inch rectangular tables
  • 10 30-feet round pedestal tables (adjustable to Highboy or Cabaret Height)
  • Dimmable lighting system
  • Contemporary glass chandelier at entrance
  • Facility liaison
  • Security guard
  • Pre-event and post-event cleaning
  • Preferred pricing as partner hotels
  • Discounted parking rates

Elegant and Modern Loft Venue

Chez is a contemporary loft wedding space that can be easily transformed for the wedding of your dreams. Original, white-painted brick walls and columns surround a contemporary glass staircase to provide the perfect balance of something old and something new for your wedding day. Located steps from Michigan Ave, Chez is situated in one of the most ideal locations for your Chicago wedding. Your guests will be delighted by the exclusive location, surrounded by 60+ hotels, tourist attractions, shopping, and dining. Furniture is now included for every wedding taking place at Chez. Our clear mirage ghost chairs, dining tables, highboy tables, and cabaret tables will provide you with a starting point on which to build your wedding dream.

Historic Venue, Loft

247 E Ontario St, Chicago, IL (312) 255-0288
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Emma B

My husband and I recently got married at Chez and we had an excellent experience working with everyone. The venue was perfect and Kristie and Lauren at Chez were super helpful every step of the way. Thanks to all at Chez who made the day so memorable!

2017-02-28T12:34:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your lovely review. We're so glad that you had the perfect wedding day at Chez. Congratulations to you and Tunji, and best wishes for the future.

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Lindsay G

I am a Wedding Planner with Storybook Weddings and Events here in Chicago, and I had the pleasure of having a wedding at Chez last month. First of all, the space itself is a wonderful place to have a private event or wedding. It is clean and set up nicely. And the best feature... Read More is that is all white, which makes it an easy space to work with when it comes to decor. We had Kehoe work it's magic and they totally transformed the space to the couple's vision. And not only is the actual space great, but their team is equally amazing. I worked with Lauren and Kristie during the planning process, and everything was executed wonderfully on the couple's wedding day. Lauren and Kristie are very quick to respond to your questions and have very calm energies... they are pros and they know what works best in the space. Thank you for all of your help, ladies! I highly recommend checking out Chez to host your next private event, whether it is social or corporate :)

2017-02-28T12:37:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It is always a pleasure to work with Storybook Weddings & Events.

A sophisticated venue for a dream wedding

Reviewed on 8/27/2015 Mackenzie T

If you're looking for an elegant, one of a kind wedding venue in Chicago, Chez may just be the perfect place for you. Upon our first tour I was blown away by the high ceilings, stunning drapes and awe inspiring staircase. Without a doubt, Chez is one of the most beautiful venues... Read More in Chicago. I also loved the history of the space, and how they made a point to share it - having housed performances of top singers like Frank Sinatra! Also, compared to other places I had seen, it was obvious whoever designed it had the renter in mind. The bridal suite was elegant and comfortable. The bathrooms were finished with excellent style. The place screams sophistication, which is exactly what I wanted for my wedding. Over all I had a great experience working with Chez - even given my contact changed half way through my engagement. Christine was such a delight, but Louise picked up where she left off and made a point to be well informed of everything we had initially discussed. Louise was so accommodating - we were having a piano delivered and it was going to cost extra to have it moved the same night as the wedding, so Louise let us have it be picked up first thing the next morning. Also, my husband insisted on a rehearsal in the space, and although it wasn't initially promised, Louise let us use the space the night before. Truly - Chez made my wedding dreams come true!

2015-08-28T12:58:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you for such a lovely review! We were honored to be part of your special day. Congratulations and best wishes for the future.

Gorgeous, Modern Venue in Great Location!

Reviewed on 2/09/2015 Heather W

After our original wedding venue cancelled on us 5 weeks from our wedding, we found Chez and it turned out to be our perfect venue. During our first walk through, they were finishing up construction, but even then I knew it was exactly what I was looking for – modern, light, and... Read More just a beautiful space. We had both our ceremony and reception at Chez and it was a perfect size for our wedding of 115 guest. Chez can be transformed in an infinite number of ways in terms of how the space is divided (ceremony, reception, dance floor, cocktail area, etc) and also in terms of the atmosphere (lighting, draping, etc). In addition to the aesthetic appeal, functionally it is an amazing venue. The restrooms are beautiful and there are plenty of them. There is a gorgeous, private bridal suite for the bridal party to get ready in, relax, or secure personal belongings. It is in a fantastically convenient location – easily accessibly to public transportation, hotels, and cabs. On top of that, the Chez team is wonderful. We worked with Christine Breakey and she could not have been nicer or more accommodating. It was such a dream to find Chez after the nightmare of our original venue. I have nothing but beautiful memories and positive things to say about Chez!

Beautiful, Modern, Endlessly Helpful

Reviewed on 2/06/2015

I found Chez online when I was searching for a wedding venue. We were initially drawn to the space because of it's history and clean sleek lines. I scheduled a trip to see the space with my fiance and Christine showed us through on a "hard hat" tour. I absolutely fell in love at... Read More first site - before they added all the beautiful finishes! Our wedding was on the small side (60 guests) and non-traditional/modern. We didn't have anyone sit for the ceremony (as it lasted about 5 minutes) but transformed the staircase into a lovely backdrop with flowers. Chez truly is a blank canvas - Christine and the vendors she put me in touch with (Dilly Lily, Food for Thought and Art of Imagination) helped me accomplish every detail of my modern vision (and Christine helped persuade my traditional mom as well). I had a wonderful experience there and the best day of my life so far! Thank you so much to Chez!